Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Hulkbuster has a lot of fun little edge cases. Personal favorite, using Hulkbuster on itself at Cloning Vats (puts a copy of the card you played in your hand). You can combine that with Deadpool and/or Venom for extra fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapnAndy posted:

Best play at Bar Sinister I've seen so far is my opponent dropping a Hulkbuster there to merge itself into a 16 power behemoth that still left 3 slots open.

Bar Sinister + Hulkbuster/Venom/Arnim Zola is as hilarious as it sounds and I'm loving it.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Serperoth posted:

Hearing word that the Bar Sinister meta has evolved to people playing any On Reveal, then three Odins on it, cause it makes the game loop so much that the Ongoing effects are halted :allears:

i love this dumb fukkin game lmao

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
There's so much BS in this game and they don't really seem to be interested in nerfing any of it, which is pretty great. I enjoy playing Wacky Edge Case: The Deckbuilding Game.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Maybe a smart move in a destroy/Death deck?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

team overhead smash posted:

I want to try Hazmat out in a debuff deck with Luke Cage, Typhoid Mary, etc because it seems different and fun but that style of deck will involve having most of pool 3 so it’s a way off.

I'm certain this can be better optimized but I have a lot of fun with this deck:

* Elektra (1)
* Iceman (1)
* Nova (1)
* Yondu (1)
* Black Widow (2)
* Hazmat (2)
* Carnage (2)
* Scorpion (2)
* Green Goblin (3)
* Debrii (3)
* Hobgoblin (5)
* Spider-Woman (5)

It's not without it's weaknesses but its good at filling your opponent's board with low-power (hopefully negative) BS.

I've been pondering swapping Yondu/Scorpion out for Squirrel Girl/Viper but I'm not sold yet (Scorpion is good against destroy decks running Deadpool/Wolverine/Venom/etc), and Elektra is useful against decks with Human Torch, Ant-Man or Nova but also niche, so viable for replacement. Thoughts/suggestions always welcome.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 21, 2022

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

I would swap out Blade for Colleen and maybe Spider-Woman for Iron Man? Better chances of popping Swarm that way and I think Iron Man can be a stronger choice.

Black Cat is a good add once you get her, but I wouldn't use Hell Cow until you have Invisible Woman, too much random destruction.

You have a perfectly serviceable Destroy deck available too:

Build up your Venom as much as you can and then do the ol' switcheroo with Arnim Zola. Deadpool is great when you get him but you can use Nightcrawler/Ice Man/Squirrel Girl in the meantime.

Death can also work here but it really opens up as an option once you get Debrii.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Waffleopolis posted:

Feels like it needs some tweaks and another wincon, but not sure what to cut/add.

That looks sick as all hell and I'm gonna try it out.

Initial thoughts: Maybe either ditch Mr. Fantastic for another cheap 1 cost card (Sunspot?) to help with activating Ant-Man, or replace the latter (or even both) with something higher cost like Ronan/Warpath/Devil Dinosaur/etc? Warpath in particular could feels like it could be strong here.

I've been using this Mr. Negative deck a lot the last few days and it's real dumb and super random but fun and somehow wins a lot of games.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapnAndy posted:

I just grabbed Arnim Zola out of the store. Does he have good combos with cards what aren't Black Panther? I haven't gotten this Season Pass because all the cosmetics are pretty crap.

Tender Bender posted:

I had someone use him on a Big Venom pretty well against me

or

It's the best feeling, it really is.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapnAndy posted:

It sure would be nice to have Deadpool.

I've posted this before but you can run a perfectly serviceable destroy deck without Deadpool - he sure as hell helps but he isn't a needed ingredient in the recipe. Just sub out with Nightcrawler/Ice Man/Squirrel Girl at your leisure and enjoy blowing things up.

uXs posted:

What's the general strategy for this one?

Playing Venom is about playing, maintaining, and adding power to/from your board. Deadpool/Wolverine/Sabretooth are all power that's either additive or otherwise doesn't get destroyed; pair them with Hulkbuster and build up to one final huge Venom chomp on T5 into Arnim Zola on T6 while still keeping your Wolverine/Sabretooth active. Bonus points if you can Hulkbust Sabretooth on one of the clone/duplicate fields.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Here's another "fun" Hulkbuster interaction I just found via Morph: If you Hulkbust Lockjaw he bounces himself off the board and back into your deck lmao

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 4, 2022

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Victor Vermis posted:

That could be great- does he still pull something out of the deck?

I actually don't remember I was so dumbstruck that it happened. I may burn a couple of cubes to test though.

Also if you have a Lockjaw on Danger Room and a card that you play there gets destroyed, he summons a replacement from your deck as normal. Probably works on Death's Domain as well

Edit: Yes, he does replace himself with another card.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 4, 2022

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

the_steve posted:

Oh hell yeah, Mister Negative on the token shop.
He's supposed to be some meta defining card, isn't he?

If you have the cards to make him work it's one of the dumbest, most randomass decks that somehow still wins a lot of matches.

There may be better choices for some cards but this deck is hilarious and I love it so much I've almost completely dropped my Death deck.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CitizenKeen posted:

I lack Jane Thor and Arnim and am currently maining a Negative deck. “Concede or get 8 cubes” describes it pretty well. I very rarely lose a game I stick around past round four in.

I'll add that I don't think Psylock is needed; if she helps pull Mr. Negative in turn 3, sweet, but she's a lot less useful past that. I made the same deck work fine with Gambit for a while and will consider dropping her when I get Electro.

Other possible replacements include Wave or any other randomass 1/2 card, whatever lets Lockjaw cycle cards.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Ubersandwich posted:

I pulled Jane Foster. I have Mr Negative, Magik, Zola, but no Psylocke.It seems the deck is very feast of famine, but are there any other critical pieces I should have for the Mr Negative deck? It feels like I am at the uncomfortable time in my collection (high 700's) where there are a couple decks I'm juuuust one card short from making.

I posted this yesterday but:

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I'll add that I don't think Psylock is needed; if she helps pull Mr. Negative in turn 3, sweet, but she's a lot less useful past that. I made the same deck work fine with Gambit for a while and will consider dropping her when I get Electro.

Other possible replacements include Wave or any other randomass 1/2 card, whatever lets Lockjaw cycle cards.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
In today's edition of The Exciting Adventures of Lockjaw & Morph:

Played Morph at my Lockjaw. He turned into Hobgoblin, flew over to the enemy's side of the board, and then bounced into my deck to play Ironheart back on my side of the board.

I enjoy this stupid game.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I got Agent Coulson!

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
If you're using the "Always Snaps" title and you do not, in fact, snap back when I snap on T1? The cosmos look down upon you in harsh judgment.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

the_steve posted:

I think it would turn him into a 0 cost with 5 power that then goes to your opponent, so, not good.

This is correct, but, say, The Peak + Bar With No Name + a Goblin card is really hilarious.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

welp, guess i gotta make a Dracula deck now

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

priznat posted:

I got really annoyed that someone did an Arnim Zola on a Death card (lucked out as there were 2 other cards where death was, neither would have won it) and won. Then gave the ms marvel thumbs up.

Mother hosed you just had the rng gods smile on you, there was a 66% possibility you would have eaten poo poo. Don't emote on that!!

that, my friend, is exactly when you emote

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Ninurta posted:

Welp, I found a way to be even worse on Featured Locations. I drew Agatha, and let her go to work.

I suck at building decks.

I've been using this deck the last few weeks and it is fukkin hilarious:

There are locations that will 100% screw you (anything with extra energy or card draws, The Peak, etc.) but if you pull Wave or Sif by turn 3? Snap that motherfucker and watch the cubes pour in.

The deck I ripped it off from had Sera instead of Hobgoblin but unless anyone here can explain to me why she's a better option I would choose.... drat near literally any other 4 or 5 cost card.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

No Wave posted:

Sera is good because she lets you play two 4 costs on turn 6. This is especially strong if you have an active ghost rider + shangchantress in hand because it lets you beat a lot of boards.

But I find I get matchmade against much stronger decks when I play sera with Agatha so I don't enjoy it that much.

Either way Devil Dino will be really fat in your version and will keep Taskmaster alive even after you ghost rider. Without location weirdness dino will be 13 power in Sif games, 15 power in Wave games.

Eh, that may be true but it often feels like the turn I spend playing Sera is a turn that would have been better spent playing Taskmaster or Red Skull. I tried playing the deck with her in for a few days and just found I always preferred playing cards that weren't Sera on T5.

DD is a good sub, and I also like Spider-Woman in that slot; really there are a ton of options available.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

I’ve never really gotten the Sera love, at best you can play maybe 1 more useful card. I’ve just never gotten any utility out of her, at least not enough to waste 5 energy on.

And TVA is great when I’m using my Patriot deck, but not at any other time

I beefed about Sera a bit earlier in the thread on the same front, particularly in my Agatha deck, but I've since subbed her back in and am starting to understand the appeal. Like someone else in the thread said there are a lot of good utility 4-cost cards, and getting to play two of them on T6 can be a game winner.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
also Sera on Bar Sinister is p great

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Deadpool slows things down there too. Even more fun, Bucky followed by Angel swooping in from someone's deck takes twice as long at least.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Studio posted:

?? How do you get Angel in your deck? Shuffle effect?

I'm... confused. I'm talking about this card: https://marvelsnapzone.com/cards/angel/ which is just... kinda it's whole "thing"?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

buffalo all day posted:

Really wacky stuff like Attuma->hulkbuster-> taskmaster did not work.

Out of curiosity what did happen? Taskmaster has usually been good about scanning destroyed cards for me, but I've never tested running him with Hulkbuster in a deck.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

First of May posted:

Anybody getting mad at emotes in Snap should probably put down their phone and talk to a therapist.

this is not an empty quote

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I've been playing this game since mid-beta and I have yet to see one of these mythical Toxic Emoters, nor do I even comprehend what that would look like in reality

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Yeah, legit never once seen anything like that out of months of playing. Even if I did... so what?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

not a problem for me therefore not a problem, got it

look mang, there are whole rules and regulations about not being a lovely sportsman across both in-person sports and video games. it's a thing

There's a mute button. It's pretty easy to deal with. Roll your eyes at the idiot, hit mute, and move on with both your game and your life.

And yeah, I'm also going to posit that, having played as much of this dumb game as I have, if I've never once run across it, there is a significant chance that the people who are getting full on angry-post tilted by a fukkin emoji are also overstating the problem.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Gonna follow my own advice and move on with both life and game lmao

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

faantastic posted:

Any good Agatha deck if I don't have Hela?

I posted this a while ago

and I still enjoy it, but at the time I thought Hobgoblin was a better addition than Sera. It isn't, and I was dumb. Use Sera instead.

Ubersandwich posted:

I find that people who say emote "Hello!" first are about to drop Iceman, Scorpion, Green and Hobgoblin on you.

:hmmyes:
I spam "Hello!" at the start of most matches, but it is more fun when I'm running my Hazmat/"gently caress you" deck, yes.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I finally broke and spent some of my collector tokens on Luke Cage.

poo poo is hilarious.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Here's the setup (ignore the volume slider covering Spider-Woman pls):

And the dream in action:

There are probably a dozen other ways you could make this work but I swear they just do not see Luke Cage coming on turn 6.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

It sucks I can't work towards the decks I wanna play! That Luke Cage - Hazmat deck looks like so much fun, but as I'm CL400 and I'm assuming those are season 4/5 cards I'm literally thousands of levels away of being able to play them, that feels bad!

For whatever it's worth Luke Cage is the only Series 4 card in that deck; everything else is S3 or lower. Here's a version I used before I got Luke/Hood:

* Elektra (1)
* Iceman (1)
* Nova (1)
* Black Widow (2)
* Hazmat (2)
* Carnage (2)
* Scorpion (2)
* Viper (2)
* Green Goblin (3)
* Debrii (3)
* Hobgoblin (5)
* Spider-Woman (5)

That said I feel like Luke is kind of a Mr. Negative or Lockjaw situation, where they're a pretty key card for defining this archetype. This deck is fun and "works" otherwise but it truly takes off with Wong/Luke.

I really wish they would add in some more options for debuff/territory control decks, maybe something like a 5 cost "This card gains +1 power for every other card that has had its power reduced" or some such.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

No Wave posted:

I have very bad experience with hazmat as a luke cage owner. I think the whole archetype is missing a lot.

Have you tried something akin to the deck I posted here? Because I went up a good few ranks last night after putting it together.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

Yondu-Venom-Zola on Bar Sinister. I wasn't really sure how it would work, exactly, but uhhhh it did

Try it with Nova instead of Yondu some day :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

Oh I've done that one, but this is my Knull deck so Yondu works a lot better if I see it pop up.

Do you mind posting your deck? I always assumed adding Knull would mean removing Zola