Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

I AM GRANDO posted:

Have any of those pigs killed themselves yet? I feel like after a big failure a few always top themselves. Perhaps it is only when they fear they will face consequences.
how was it a failure? none of them were hurt. they followed their training, they all got lots of overtime, got to congratulate themselves for being heroes, i'm sure there are promotions and medals in the works and they'll have a bigger budget next year *shrug* they did everything they were legally required to do and not an inch more. by police metrics it was an unqualified sucess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

B B posted:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Hixenbaugh/status/1547002751409872897

the mayor hasn't seen the video so he can't comment on the video except to praise the hero cops' actions in the video
"i think the media is evil"
"oh absolutely, the media is evil"
"what about the cops?"
"look i'm not here to debate you."
"the media is evil"
"yes the media is evil"
"why didn't the cops do their job?"
"look, i can't sit here and talk to you all day"
"the media is evil"
"praise jesus the media is evil"
"did the cops who-"
"look we can sit here and argue all day, i'm not here to debate you"
"the media is evil"
"drat right the media is evil!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Murdstone posted:

much less why it’s so wrong they aren’t the first to see it.
ALWAYS be on the defensive. ALWAYS. you're always the victim, beset on all sides, how do you expect the cops to do their job effectively if the media keeps interfering??
really, if you think about it, if the media hadn't reported on the story you wouldn't be upset. why would the media go out of their way to upset you??

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

FilthyImp posted:

Lol if you think the cops love the Punisher because he shoots bad guys
lol if you think it's not just "skull cool"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I meant he probably didnt want to interrupt the guy who was about to divorce him for free.
turns out "the punisher" inspirational part is the dead wife and children.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
there weren't 400 cops at uvalde, 400 cops applied to be paid for being at uvalde. this time somebody checked payroll and it'll be cleared up as a "clerical error: in a few days (they'll all be paid though)

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Shootings here have going up dramatically the past few years. It's crazy.
things are gonna get so bad republicans are going to stop acknowledging shootings all together

a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun, that brings the totals to: 1 incident of a good guy with a guy to 4,507,743,974 without which means the results are in: more guns is the solution

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
HAHA!
"police leave loaded gun next to toddler" is the motherfucking headline here
loving...HA!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

deep dish peat moss posted:

20 were pedestrian cops being hit by civilian drivers
police never look when crossing the street.

Read After Burning posted:

:yeeclaw:
But "MASKS ARE TRAUMATIC", right?
after the sandy hook shooting a friend organized a small charity drive. she got death threats.
these people don't care about "children" they care about their narrative NEVER being questioned.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

That's loving awful...I hope she's recovered mentally a bit from that. I'm assuming "false flag" shouters?
she's not done anything like it since :( it really sucks. and yeah, a bunch of "you're spreading lies!!" from bullshit people. wasn't even a big deal, she just reached out to local businesses for school supplies. i doubt you can even find anything about it online.

The Bananana posted:

"Four were killed by karate masters with their hands and feet registered as lethal weapons."

Uh...
I need to know more
they were black and unarmed IE: "armed with the sidewalk"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they were SCARED of how powerful they are! they were worried that, if they rushed in, it would create a vortex of hot, patriotic air that would start a fire!
is that what you want? a fire near CHILDREN??
the police did their jobs and protected the children by reducing the number of children potentially exposed to police and waiting until the situation resolved itself.
you're welcome citizens.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I kind of dig the low key markings instead of the gaudy graphics that many of the local Indiana towns spend money to have printed up and installed that cover like 3/4 of the car. There are a few that are so intricate they almost have to be wrapped which is definitely not cheap.
around here they put black lettering on dark dark dark blue cars with low low lights. most likely those symbols just peel off so they can hide.
funny how "if you have nothing to hide..." doesn't work with cops.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Voice of Labor posted:

hawaii cops need to have their lights on (not flashing, just sort of vaguely threatening blue) when they're on patrol. excellent behavior to emulate. besides being beneficial to those policed, it also helps the cops out. people see the cops and subsequently don't do traffic violation stuff when the cops are around. the cops don't have an excuse to pull people over so they don't, less work, same pay, everyone wins
it's what all the rentacops around here do as they cruise around the parking lots because it's smarter and easier to just scare people off.
but then they don't get to intimidate, humiliate, and fine people to make themselves feel big and make money

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember that lady in Florida that fired a warning shot because her abusive husband was threatening her, then got thrown in jail for years for it. It would've been better for her to just blast him and claim self defense or castle doctrine or whatever
yup. he had hit her and was blocking the exit. but she could have gone out the window so she wasn't in fear for her life!
NEVER talk to police and your story is that you feared for your life periodt.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Surprised this didn’t get posted here
this is the third time

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Owlbear Camus posted:

As a gunhaver, who will be pilloried for admitting such ITT, the fact that there are other gunhavers have the attitude "NDs are just part of handling guns, welp, what are you going to do" disgusts me. It would be like "Heh, cutting off a thumb is part of cooking" or "Ah well, running over the occasional toddler is part of driving a car."

I'm not going to say "it will never, ever happen to me" because pride goeth before a fall, but I garun-loving-tee if it did my attitude would be at a minimum contrite and intensely diagnostic of how to avoid it in the future, if not "hey, am I still fit to handle gats?" Safety is a constant practice you drill down to muscle memory and "eh I just sent one recklessly, it happens" is incompatible with that.

I will make a grand bargain with the people who want confiscation that sincerely professing that attitude should be grounds for confiscation, no fukkin problem.

shut up

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Owlbear Camus posted:

Sounds like you had one in the posting chamber and your finger on the trigger, friend. Sorry you're upset. :(
ok, i'll be more direct

Owlbear Camus posted:

As a gunhaver, who will be pilloried for admitting such ITT,

Owlbear Camus posted:

Sounds like you had one in the posting chamber and your finger on the trigger, friend. Sorry you're upset. :(
you sound like an rear end in a top hat shouting "triggered lib????" while whining about how put upon you are for owning a gun a bloo blo bloo bloo!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Did you even read his post or are you the type of rear end in a top hat who makes snap judgements of anyone who doesnt live according to every tenant of your twitter-derived sense of morality
shut up

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"know the warning signs kids. that way you can tell the police who will look at a young, angry teen with a backyard strewn with nazi memorabilia and tortured animals and shrug in an authoritative manner because they don't care"
"also his screen name online is 'schoolshooter88' and he's on the same forums as half the police force. maybe tell the school who will contact the parents but back off when the parents threaten to sue? look just be prepared for the inevitable.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i think it was a good faith effort to not emphasize his race. he's not a black male, he's a male who happens to be black. commendable!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
jesus christ they shot him with bean bags, tasered him, and finally shot him because he wouldn't get out of his car for an hour and twenty minutes.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm sure it wasn't their choice to inject him with anything in the first place

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

FoolyCharged posted:

It's got less to do with if they're in police custody and more to do with them being a crazy person trying to bite the nurses/paramedics trying to give them care. It's not an every day kind of thing, but it's not a crazy thing that never happens either.

The police don't have any medical training and gently caress no they don't have any say in what drugs we give patients.
right but they order paramedics to inject people right? i remember an incident that the police threatened a paramedic
yeah: https://theintercept.com/2020/08/25/ketamine-police-use-minnesota/

quote:

Baker said he felt pushed out of his job after refusing to administer ketamine in an incident in September 2019. Prior to that, he had to give ketamine injections on three other occasions as part of Woodbury EMS and recalled a trigger-happy mentality in the department around the drug.

“The dispatchers would say: Get your ketamine ready, bring your ketamine,” he said. His lawsuit claims that the “symbiotic relationship between EMS and police officers has created room for police officers to coerce paramedics like Plaintiff Baker to administer Ketamine on unwilling subjects.”

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Out of curiosity, was your mom around during Ted Bundy? I could see someone who remembers an infamous serial killer with multiple instances of "pretending to be a cop" still thinking that's The Way.
there was an incident not too long ago where a fake cop was pulling over people, so the local police tweeted out "always pull over in a well lit area". the next week the cops tried to pull over a pregnant lady and, after she didn't pull over immediately, they rammed her van and turned it over

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Sometimes I wonder if it's just confirmation bias, or if Florida is literally Toon Town.
florida has laws making crime information freely available from beginning to end, no protections for anyone, guilty or no. it's political posturing to make florida politicians look "tough on crime"
other states protect suspect just in case. "florida man" is political posturing

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 14, 2022

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

CPL593H posted:

Speaking of gun violence, I feel like maybe people shouldn't solve any minor misunderstanding by mag dumping at the first person you see.
the best part is if they had actually murdered the person they wouldn't be in nearly as much trouble. "self-defense you say? good thing you were armed!" *cop closes case*
"listen, the enemy are just a bunch of stupid, lazy, entitled children. nothing more dangerous"

St. Louis shooter apparently left a note:
describing the handwritten note as a "manifesto," Police Commissioner Michael Sack read a portion of the document to the media at a press conference on Tuesday.

"I don't have any friends," Sack quoted the note as saying "I don't have any family. I never had a girlfriend. I never had a social life. I've been an isolated loner my entire life. This was the perfect storm for a mass shooter."
any true crime podcast: "the killer was a loner with no friends, little social life, and zero contact with their family"
me sitting alone sewing tiny pants for a robot: "..."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you guys saw the behavioral problems, right? the fire lighting? kicked out of school?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the article keeps calling the shootings being "blasted"? "he was blasted in the head" "he was blasted in the buttocks".

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Tristesse posted:

Yeah I graduated a long time ago and I'm pretty sure most of my edgy as gently caress friends would've been expelled under some kind of zero tolerance policy. As it was we all came close thanks to Columbine.
i grew up in the country rear end country and got suspended half a day for bringing a decommissioned grenade to school. we had an elderly ex-police chief that used to pull me aside when he saw me to remind me to never call anyone an rear end in a top hat because "you need an rear end in a top hat"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Pontificating rear end posted:

I bet you could put all of these incel/shooter/killer pictures into an AI and it would tell you with good certainty how likey a given person is to commit a mass atrocity

I wouldnt want to know my own chances though cus I already got dennis reynolds vibes myself
lol.
"the murderer was a creepy loner with no friends"
*me listening to any true crime podcast*: uhhh...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Let's say the autopsy shows that it wasn't the headshot but one of the first four fired that killed him, which for the sake of argument everyone agrees were justified. What's the laws take on that?
i can see both sides
1: i don't blame the guy for not wanting to interact with the police. you should never interact with the police unless it is absolutely required and if you can avoid it do so. never talk with the police
2: i think in this situation it would be important for the police to talk to this guy. find out who he is and why he shot the guy. odds are high that it was just a random "i get to kill" type guy. but there's a chance, however small, that the kill was personal.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I think you misread the question. I'm saying is it still murder if it were one of the justified shots that killed him even though we agree that the other half were fired with homicidal intent because you can't attempt to murder a corpse?
yeah i went off on my own tangent, you're asking a variation of "a man jumps off a building and, halfway down, is fatally shot" and the only real answer is a shrug and a "i guess it depends" with more info needed, sorry.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
imagine thinking "labor laws" are a thing in america.
"you're fired for being robbed"
"did you fire him for being robbed?"
"no"
"thank you for your time"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Regalingualius posted:

Back on topic: cops claimed that they shot a North Carolina man after a verbal confrontation, saying that he was armed and that they feared a hostage situation.

Then he released his own surveillance video recording of the incident, which, uh, completely contradicts their version of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYUV7Up2qc
i love how this is written

"here is the police's version of events, unchanged from how they released it. and here is the video, in which the suspect claims to have done nothing wrong and the video appears to show him doing nothing wrong. police say he did something wrong"
the police have the cold, hard facts of their statement on their side, while the "innocent" "victim" has nothing but "video evidence" that he's "right". allegedly. he says. it is claimed.
all journalists are bastards too.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"allegedly" stole the money they're on camera stealing

sorry, allegedly on alleged camera allegedly.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Robo Reagan posted:

three of the guns from this dude were used to try an kill politicians and two were successful lol
but NONE were accidental discharges!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mobby_6kl posted:

Looks like he brakes at around 10 seconds, I dunno if that's the maximum braking he could've done, I don't trust anything with two wheels.

https://turnto10.com/news/local/jur...lan-jan-26-2023

quote:

Earlier in the week he took the stand in his own defense and said he wanted to have a “fatherly chat” with the occupants about their dangerous driving.

quote:

Last March, Coventry police also arrested Dolan on domestic disorderly and vandalism charges. They charged that he grabbed his 10-year-old son by the neck
HMMM

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

cat botherer posted:

Cops are not workers, they are the goons of capital. HTH
cops are workers and all workers should have the same rights as they do

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
sorry: the car was driving at them in an aggressive manner so they shot him in the back of the head? am i reading this right?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mister Speaker posted:

Wasn't there a discussion about this earlier ITT, or was that somewhere else? I don't know if there are statistics to support it, but it seems to me that the open-carry nut covered in guns would be the first guy a mass shooter would want to get rid of?
i mean the irony is always super obvious that if they didn't live in such a secure part of the world that someone would simply clonk them on the back of the head and steal their expensive poo poo, but for some reason no one ever points this out to the heavily armed men twitching if you come within 6 feet of them.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Elias_Maluco posted:

Have you tried thoughts and prayers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Remember in the Rittenhouse trial, when gun nuts were arguing that the dude (who was shot dead, with a gun)'s skateboard was clearly a dangerous weapon that he could have used to kill Rittenhouse? :ironicat:
i remember zimmerman, armed with a gun, was in super danger because trayvon martin was "armed with the sidewalk"