Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

COUNTERPOINT

gently caress the Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pain of Mind posted:

You just stop playing video games, reading, and watching tv shows, movies, and random junk on youtube, it is easy.

This is how my wife and I manage our 3 year and 3 month old. I work full time and am out the house most days from 7:30am - 5:45-6pm. She is a stay at home mom with both of them (I dont want that job). The moment I get home I get a baby in my hands while I make dinner. Then I hand the baby back and she starts the baby and her's bedtime routine and I start the toddler's bedtime routine. I normally get about 45 mins to 1 hour of down time (sometimes) before its time for bed at 9:30pm bc I get up at 5am to exercise in house and going to bed that early means I normally can get about 7ish hours of interrupted sleep.

Most of the time that 45 mins to 1 hour I am too fried to play any games and just drink a protein shake and watch my 55 gal community planted tank while zoning out on my phone.

The planted tank is dope though. I am getting some Bolivian Rams this weekend that I am very excited about.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Hell yeah

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

LeeMajors posted:

I just drink so many neutral or bitter things that spindrift tastes like candy to me. It’s tooooo much.

I also drink and consume a lot of bitter things. The grapefruit spindrift is my fav bc I can taste the orange juice they add to it.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I set a goal of doing a 100 mile work week on my stationary bike this week. So riding 20 miles a day M-F. Monday through Thursday was cool and good and I was completely motivated to wake up at 5am to do my ride and then a short 25 min light/moderate intensity lifting with my 30lb slamball and 45 lb plate. Yesterday my now 4 month old got her vaccines and was up throughout the night in discomfort as she reacted to them and my 3 year old wanted me to co sleep with her in her twin bed (i am 6'7" tall). When my watch went off at 5am this morning I was dragggingggggg asssssssss, but did the ride anyway, basically told myself "stop whining you sit all day" and was able to bust out the final 20 miles even managed 20MPH which was a grind but I didnt want to take any longer than an hour and my pace for the first 20 mins was like 16 miles per hour and I just didnt want to spend 1 hour 20 mins bc I was just dragging. Ending up kicking my poo poo into gear and caught the 20 MPH pace and crushed the ride.

Feeling proud and eager for a rest day tomorrow.

2023 going well

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Children are infinitely more likely to be molested at a church than a regular drag show non the less a drag show story hour at a public loving library

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The defense "I was trying to throw it to him so he could chug it" worked, which means it's now legal precedent that Ted Cruz can't hang.

Which makes the whole white claw aspect of it even funnier to me

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

i am happy for you :)

I want muscles

Lift weights. Eat food. Get sleep.

Simple recipe for muscles

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Blowjob Overtime posted:

What's a good place to start in Crusader Kings 3 if I've done 90% of Ireland about three times between CK2 and CK3? Understand most of the basics, but not ready for a crucible.

What kind for story do you want to tell? Do you want to start tribal and reform?

HAllstien is an easy start. You start as a single county Norse count and can raid and terror your way into forming Norman culture. I think only starting feudal norse

India and the Tibetan plateau are also fun if you want to get out of Europe. Doing a Siberia run is interesting cu you essentially spend 300 years getting ready for the mongols is fun (they still fuckdd me up)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I wish Ford still.made the small Rangers. I just would like a small truck for doing dump runs and camping. Not something I can't see 6 ft infront of bc of clearance

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man. Since Covid I’ve been really struggling with physical activity. Jokingly did a 40 yard dash with an old buddy to settle a debate and ohy god I had to sit down.

The doc said lingering effects were possible with regards to running out of breath etc but drat. Covid sucks

It took me a full month to recover from COVID. I went to the gym the Saturday before I tested positive on a Monday. Was out the gym for a full 30 days due to fatigue and brain fog. First day back I weighed in 10 full pounds lighter which for me was 245 down to 235. hosed me up man. Take it easy.

Edit: I didn't know I had covid when I went to the gym. No symptoms until that Monday

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 30, 2023

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Bird in a Blender posted:

Forgot the worst part. I have to explain my cat dying to my 3 year old.

E: well this is a crappy snipe.

We had to put down our senior pug of 15.5 years a week after my 2nd daughter was born (about 5 months ago) and our other daughter was just 3 years old at the time. We waited until my three year old started to ask questions about where he was and then we answered them directly without making it a huge deal or talking about doggy heaven / lying. Just "when animals get old they die and aren't here any more. Carl was very old and got very sick and he died. We are very sad he is gone and miss him very much. He was uncomfortable / in pain and he is not anymore. We still love him very much"

And kind of hit that on repeat until she understood the concept that sometimes animals get old and then they die and arent here any more.

It took her about 1 week to notice he wasnt around anymore and even start asking questions.

The other 2 dogs in the household were freaking the gently caress out when we left and came back without him. They probably could smell the grief hormones or whatever when i returned. I cried for a full 30 mins at the vets office. They took a full 3 months to adjust to be honest.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Whoever said their kid took a week to notice their pet was missing, you suck. It took my kid like 10 minutes to notice the cat was gone. I really had hoped I could put off that conversation for at least a day.

Sorry dude but that was my experience. Anxiety about her noticing and having the talk sucked so at least you are going for it. Its a hard time no matter how it goes.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Amy Pole Her posted:

That's a bit much. Let people make their own stupid decisions. Move it up to 21 or whatever beer is.

I thought you had to be 21 to buy cigarettes?

Edit: apparently that was just for Washington lol. Good though good

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Spelling is made up. Do whatever you want

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The “problem” of being a parent is that it sucks up 95% of your free time. So you barely have time to do anything interesting that isn’t somehow tied to your kids. Unless your job is inherently interesting I guess.

I have a 6 month and 3.5 year old. Can confirm. I mostly go to the gym due to the infinite grace of my wife as a hobby and that doesn't make me interesting bc I'm 35 and no one cares about my marginal gains since my goals are more self regulation and health than sick gains

I aint got time to go out bc 2 young kids takes 2 grown adults worth of care and attention

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I actually get frustrated because I feel like I’m the only one even trying anymore. I have several single friends though and I think they just do their own thing most of the time, so I only get to hang with them if I make a point of it.

My other friends who are parents never seem to reach out. Never sure if people just don’t want to hang, or if they’re all just not doing anything either unless I initiate. I guess I was always the planner back before kids too I guess.

Honestly sometimes I get so consumed with keeping up with my own life I forget about reaching out all together

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Congrats SA2K I had no affiliation but was rooting for SDSU bc I knew some internet football guy would be happy. Also first time for a program to make it to final four is pretty cool and special

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

@ sexual elk.guy

I'm a licensed mental health counselor and I cannot express enough how lovely those online therapy services are (better help, cerebral, etc) and most skilled snd fully licensed clinicians stay the gently caress away and either work at a local agency or are in private practice for themselves.

At 230 a month you should just pay out of.pocket for 2x monthly for someone (many rates are like 125-150 a session) or go through your insurance to see who they cover. Psychology today is actually a really good way to find a therapist who takes your insurance and someone who is willing to do.telehealth.

Also never be afraid to.fire your therapist. The relationship is where the healing comes from and not everyone is a good fit. Also also ask your therapist about their theoretical orientation and modalities they are trained in and what is their philosophy of healing. If they don't give satisfactory answers find someone else. When I was supervising associate clinicians I always opened with asking about and helping them develop their philosophy of healing cuz that's what is going to drive your interventions and how you will frame the clients presenting problem and your hypothesis of what will help.them.get unstuck.

Good.luck!!!!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Its Rinaldo posted:

Karl Urban was in Doom?!?!

He was the Doom guy-!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I think when we are getting Shrek 5, frozen 3, and s live remake of moana less than 7-8 years after release we can say that people will keep paying for the same thing vs try something new, but also they are out of ideas and afraid to take risks because money. Though I don't think it's kind of fair to expect new things from capitalist children's media when kids just want to see the same thing 1000x

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hello this is Chuck and he is my new friend

This is an ugly pug

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

What the gently caress

Is this a cultural thing? Regardless:yikesaroo:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

That’s badass.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of going back to school recently. I looked at some NP and even some PA-C stuff.

I’ve gotten especially interested in psych related roles in the past few months after going through my own mental health journey. A local practice diagnosed me with Bipolar 2 and ADHD. I’m on a mood stabilizer and stimulant now. Holy poo poo it’s amazing how much the right medication can change your life.

Now I find myself thinking something like a psych NP role could be super rewarding. Then I read all the experiences of my healthcare bros ITT and it seems pretty :stonk:

If you're interested in psych stuff become a counselor. We need more therapists.

In my experience many prescribers who don't also practice therapy aren't always helpful since they think the can just prescribe a cure to the "problem" rather than address what the actual problem is that Is manifesting as psychiatric symptoms (psychotic, bi polar, and AdHd dx not withstanding as those are things you learn to live with and manage with meds). Clients have talked at length with me about difficulties with prescribers not understanding their issues and not listening to them. Not to mention that most prescribers only see clients once every 3-6 months to check on med efficacy most of the time.

Meds have their place imo but if you want to be face to face with mental health and join people on their journey to a new healthy and adaptive life and hold the honor of thier secrets and pain as you guide and suuport them in thier most challenging moments then become a counselor. (Therapy rules)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Android Apocalypse posted:

Heading to the coast for an extended weekend. Wonder how it will be out there?

https://twitter.com/theinsiderpaper/status/1646701011061309444?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Oh.

We call this warning "thursday" here in the PNW

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

That’s good insight, thanks! I’ve looked into therapy as well. It’s sort of confusing to parse as an outsider because there are a million different names for seemingly very similar positions.

What sort of school and training do you have? Do you work at a practice or are you independent? What sort of relationships do you have with prescribers?

I have a bachelor's in Women, Sexuality, and Gender studies and a Masters degree in clinical mental.health counseling. I practice in the northwest (go hawks) so acronyms will be specific to my state. I think in Florida my license is called LPC ( licensed professional counselor). I didn't take my first actual proper psych class until grad school. Youu don't need a psych background to be a good counselor.

I am fully.licensed now so I could do private practice but I have been part of agencies because I have a family so i can insure I have a stable income and health benefits for them.

I will be starting in May at a local hospitals counseling clinic so with many ofmy referrals and clients coming from their PCP and health care system so working prescribers will be a big part of my job! I have worked at community mental health agency's in the past with integrated Healthcare and prescribers as you imagine are a mixed bag. Some are grounded and cool others are haughty and need enpathy training.

Many times I see myself as a client advocate and get to see how the impacts of meds are playing out on a client's everyday life since i see them every week or every other week. I am often the one who makes the Dsm diagnosis and consult with the prescriber about how symptoms are manifesting (I don't make any med recommendations or anything like that) and how efficacious the meds are for the client and relay symptoms or prompt early meetings between clients and the prescribers.

Everyone thinks thier tools are the best so I always keep that in mind. I mostly view meds for non psychotic/bipolar/adhd dx as either a bridge until the client can begin to integrate therapy into their life or not necessary because therapy works. But a surgeon will almost always opt for surgery, the oncologist almost always opt.for chemo etc to take that with that perspective. There is no one way to heal

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

Great info ty!

I've never completed a college degree, so I could go literally any direction for an undergrad. I'm thinking about making an appointment with a counselor at my local community college to try and narrow my focus a bit. I've been all over the place with new career ideas in the past (turns out bipolar 2 and ADHD make getting your poo poo together for sustained periods of time kind of hard!), so I just keep doing IT because that's the only thing I know how to do.

Now I'm 37 with a wife and a 2 year old so going back to school is going to be hard...but the thought of continuing in this uninteresting (to me) field doing IT in the financial sector (which is a net negative to society), filling out stupid rear end security audit forms is just the worst. It's a WFH gig, I make great money, but holy poo poo is it unfulfilling and empty. I feel like I'm thinking clearly for the first time maybe in my entire life and it makes me want to finally decide what I want to be when I grow up lol.

Also I would encourage you to talk to your therapist about what fulfills you and what it might look like to live your values in your current situation and if you got a job.you felt more fulfilled in. It is a gigantic misnomer that you MUST HAVE fulfillment in your money making job. A lie we've been told since childhood that we are our job and the work you do for money must be Uber fulfilling. It's also OK to work something that is unfulfilled per se to support what does actually fulfill you. It can certainly.make that work easier when you connect the two

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Braksgirl posted:

Another recommendation for Stardew Valley. It is the perfect game.

Rimworld is better

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

What's everyone doing this weekend?

We have a small birthday party planned for my 2 year old. And then I have a ton of yardwork to catch up on.

My fam all had a cold last weekend so back to back days of make up Easter activities with fam from each side.

Made some French toast this morning for everyone and my 3.5 year old helped. It owned. Love to include her in safe culinary activities

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

playoff hockey is so freakin awesome

Avalanche is shook

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pron on VHS posted:

Want traps that reach your earlobes? Look up the Duffin Row on YouTube. Prostrate yourself before the iron

Don't sleep on farmers carriers also. Shrug those shoulders back and walk. Love them carries

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Cash Monet posted:

This looks to be a good year for Gaming

And yet my library will only show 3 games, all old, with more than 10 hours of game play (rocket league, rimworld, crusaders kings 3)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Today I'm starting a new job after being laid off I'm January(kust a 4 hour training today on the EHR). Longest time I've been out of work in my career. But I've treasured the time with my family. We've been calling it "paternity leave 2.0" since I did 2 months of paternity leave when my 2nd was born in September of last year. It's amazing how different my relationship is with my sooon to be 8 month old compared to her sister at the same age where i didn't get as much time due to working. It's all smiles and love from the baby and not very much momma preference compared to the first. It's loving criminal how the US doesn't give parents and children time to bond. God drat barbaric as I have lived the two realities and I've only had 6 months of time with the new one. Not even a year. My relationship with my 3.5 year old has also developed alot with me home 24/7 and she is gonna have a hard transition (already has entered to turbo cling mode as we've prepped her across last week).

Ive also been in the gym a ton since being laid off and wanted to keep my gains. I ordered a 50-125 LBs Sandbag from a local place aanf when I went to pick it up yesterday they didn't have it. They apologized a lot and will ship it to me for free and they gave me a free lifting belt which I didn't have.

I busted it out today for some deadlift and have never used a belt before. The belt is amazing and bracing heavy. I normally keep poo poo pretty light due to being tall with a long torso and bad knees but I slowly cranked it up today. Deadlifted 305 and the belt made it sooo easy (realitively) and my back isn't even screaming at me just a little healthy sore. Haven't lifted over 300 in any lift since before kids/30. Feeling pretty good for crushing it at 35.

Anyway being laid off was a blessing and today was a reflective day. Hope everyone's day is going well.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I legit want a mini pickup for minor poo poo like camping and going to the dump, like the old Ford ranger sized, but everything is a 40k colossus these days

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

Yep. They’ve been doing it since Molly was like 9 months old. She’s about to turn 8, so their prime agility career is sort of winding down. They’re best buds and they’ve been preparing for this big event for years. It’s an absolutely stacked field of very good dogs. I just hope they have fun and have clean runs they’re proud of. :)

What a small world. My wife also ran our dogs in agility a ton before we 2.kids took all our time. It's fun to watch as a spectator. I love it when pugs and toy breeds do it

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Android Apocalypse posted:

At least you'll get a bump in pay, right?

Right?

Hopefully "comp" means "compensation"

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Just tell him you can help for 2 hours or whatever

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

achillesforever6 posted:

Welp got to experience something new, there was a fire on the first floor of my apt had to rush to put on my clothes run down a smoke filled staircase in which I lost my shoe and dropped my keys in the process of picking them up was breathing in smoke. I'm fine though legs a little shaky; Fire was contained with what looked like CO2 Extinguisher and was told by a firefighter that it was close to being a bad fire had they not got there as quickly as they did

Going to be paranoid of what I breathed in with that smoke, it was wild how quickly I was feeling woozy since I was on the top floor (3rd floor) in retrospect should left through the fire escape

Overall I'm fine and back in the apt

Scary my dude. Glad you're safe

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pron on VHS posted:

I haven’t had a fun weekend since like 2018

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

You all posting bout Disney world make it sound like such a loving expensive chore to go. I already hate Disney on principle but spending 5 grand to stand in line and pay 20 for a beer sounds like the opposite of a vacation to me.