Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
:getin:

FFT posted:

He gets mentioned regarding the black soulstone @ 3m39s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjgmaNRDHo&t=219s

well drat that shows you how well i was listening!

i hope hes in the game somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

:mildpanic:

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
finished the intro quests and im the town so i can see peeps again, already came across multiple people wearing the cosmetic sets so im sure blizz will be happy with the store

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Philthy posted:

Haven't been following D4 at all. Not sure if I'm liking it much. I'll keep playing and beat it, but..

It feels like a mobile game. The UI is janky. Especially the inventory. The Tetris inventory was iconic, and gave you that dopamine rush when you fit things just perfectly.

Why is everything identified. Again, that was a huge dopamine rush to unveil things. It's a silly thing, but it's real. Finding loot feels so blah now, which was the whole point of the Diablo games.

It's way too zoomed in. If anything makes me stop playing, it's this. I need to zoom out another 50%. Ranged combat is super annoying so zoomed in.

The map overlay doesn't let you see through it and play at the same time. What. the. gently caress.

Skill trees. Not a fan of the progression.

Maybe I'll change my opinion, but kinda disappointed right off the bat.

counterpoint, inventory management and identifying poo poo was awful and provided me with negative dopamine

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So are you another Nephalem in this game like you were in D3 or are you just a human adventurer like in D2?

i think you're an adventurer thats been semi-corrupted by lilith which makes you more powerful maybe? i dunno, i haven't gotten past the beta part of the story yet

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Ehud posted:

It’s wild that you’re running into so many bugs.

I’m about to beat the campaign and I haven’t encountered a single bug.

Has everyone else had a lot of bugs or is come in! an outlier?

no bugs here its smooth, runs and looks great on my 4090, sounds great, and is fun. only stopping to eat

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
ive been going through the story pretty slowly, ive only finished act 1 and just now act 2, and im level 39. i dunno where the complaints about the story are coming from, that poo poo owned and the boss fight was neat. everything looks gorgeous

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

rap music posted:

Is everyone skipping side quests? I just hit 30 and I’m still in snow world having done the main quest up until vigo bleeds out in his mechsuit, a handful of events, and all the side quests I’ve come across.

i dont skip them, unless its not in the direction i want to go. ive done two acts now and i stop doing the side quests once i finish the main story there and ive hit the renown skill unlock tier, then i go to the next one

ill probably be mid 50s by the time i finish the story i think

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

explosivo posted:

I rebound my ability buttons to QWER instead of 1234 and it feels a lot better to me for some reason. Not having to stretch out to hit 3/4 is nice and feels more natural with how my hand is sitting on the keys.

yeah im using ASDF with potion button on my mouse and then various ui keys around the home row, works a lot better than the number keys

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
dang i shouldn't have logged out earlier lol

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i just got in after about a thirty minute wait of the queue bouncing up and down

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
this games so good, im stoked to see what they come up with for the expans

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
act v and vi were way longer than i expected them to be, and totally owned. stayed up way too late but thankfully its a perfect summer night and im 39 years old

was 51 when i finished the campaign. stoked to re-optimize some gear tomorrow and shoot for wt3

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

People looking up builds instead of just experimenting and having fun for a 2 day old game are legit loving weird

yeah this

equipped the unique from the end of the game, gambled a new wand, redid some affixes and gems and then steamrolled the capstone dungeon first try no deaths, felt very easy

didn't even notice the aspect of control nerf, but i wasn't even using it until today. wt3 and nightmare dungeons here we goo

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

RedQueen posted:

Feeling pretty weak leveling as sorc in the mid 20s. I have tried a few builds, including the icy veins chain lightning build, but I just spend a lot of time waiting on cooldowns and mana. Maybe I am just bad?

i never looked at a guide, chain lightning sorc got me through t2 real smoothly albeit with some ups and down based on my own stubbornness when it came to upgrades. then the capstone was a cakewalk

just did a helltide and swapped out several pieces of gear thanks to it, game owns

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
ashava on wt3 seems like a bad idea, lets find out

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
well ashava was way easier than beta, wt3 killed her with 7 minutes to spare

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

BabyRyoga posted:

no, DARK red, not light red. Sometimes zones are dark red like they should be for the helltide, but it doesnt actually have the event.

i think its a bug, it happened to me earlier where after the helltide was over the zone didn't go back to normal color on the map, even after the next one started

helltides are a lot of a fun. i was partying with a necro and we were slaughtering stuff and then he randomly got hit by a meteor and died. then 2 minutes until the end when we're beelining a 175 chest, i spill poo poo on my keyboard during a harbringer fight and die, forcing me to grab a cheap chest at the end instead

game owns

still need to try pvp

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Dressed to Kill posted:

Blizzard wants you buying cosmetics and you won't do that if its like D3 where you're done with everything in 3 days.

jokes on them cause sorceress AusaaamBobs will never not be wearing a flimsy sports bra transmog

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Arsonide posted:

Blizzard: "The world thinks our company is full of chauvinistic assholes, what can we do?"

Also Blizzard: https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1666166527953977345

when can i buy her dress as a transmog

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Rageaholic posted:

Hey, which basic skill is better for Sorc? Spark, Frost Bolt or Arc Lash? Because it sure as hell isn't Fire Bolt. I have a fully upgraded Fire Bolt and it feels way underpowered.

i used spark for my cl build through wt2 and the campaign, but switched to arc lash in nightmare for the extra stun and cooldown reduction. regardless, youll probably want one point in it so you can slot it as an enchantment. having an aoe stun that triggers as you cycle through your abilities means you can perma stun everything and stack cc/stun damage multipliers, and thats kind of the basis for a lot of endgame builds at the moment

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

DarkDobe posted:

Teleport into middle of group. Hold rclick to cast 3 static bolts. Everything explodes. Rinse and repeat.

i need that unique to drop cause what my build is really missing is a vacuum, everything else just dies and i keep everything perma stunned, but i hate having to chase down ranged stuff. also stoked to switch to charged bolts and dump cl for good, i have most of the pieces to switch already

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

zoux posted:

It's kinda weird Blizzard Activision made a good Diablo sequel in 2023, right? Like I wouldn't have put money on that last year.

yeah, i imagine a lot of people held off until the good reviews and word of mouth, and i cant blame them. now everyones pouring in at once

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
killed capstone elias in probably 15 seconds at 62 with my dumb cl/arc lash dumpster tier build, feels good

died three times though, once when he was at like 2%

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

site posted:

congrats you made your game look like poo poo

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

I've discovered some enemies which eliminate your resource and it's the least fun thing ever.

which ones? wraiths had mana burn in d2 and i hated them forever because of it, but i haven't seen anything like that in this game yet

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

In shadowed plunge dungeon but i think it's my nightmare sigil affix. In which case I guess I'm avoiding those sigils forever

ah that makes sense as a nightmare modifier. another point for resourceless builds i guess

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Ytlaya posted:

The game should have a special legendary that you can only get if you never kill wildlife.

Or it has some ability that acts as a debuff based on the number of critters you've murdered.

when i saw two turtles crawling up a sand dune i stopped to watch them cause it looked cool. then i had to kill some poo poo nearby and my chain lightning flew across the screen and zapped both of them, i felt bad

sorcs care nothing for lesser beings

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

the panacea posted:

How the gently caress is anyone supposed to be able to play multiple classes and potentially multiple builds with only 4 stash tabs?

They are 1000% going to sell stash tabs at season launch.

i dont know either, ive got 3 tabs nearly full and aspect/legendary management is a headache for one character. i feel like the best way to fix it is to modify the codex to pull all your extractions into so they don't actually take up inventory space. then you could select an aspect and see a list of your rolls to choose from

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i ran across the arcanus area and hidden camp earlier today when i was grabbing lilith shrines, pretty cool. looking forward to the stuff they'll throw in for the xpans over on the other continent

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Drone Incognito posted:

We already have a cool codex to collect the aspects from dungeons.

Can we add a 2nd "pip" or something that we can use to extract an aspect from an item to add to the codex? Then instead of getting a 2% higher roll on an aspect, shrugging, and dismantling it, I could extract it into the codex to use later. Make me look forward to seeing legendary items drop with duplicate aspects instead of just being garbage. Or give me double the inventory slots. Either way, hoping the QoL stuff gets looked at a bit because otherwise I'm enjoying just casually playing the game.

yeah the aspects as items concept is dumb, they should just get sucked into a redesigned codex and then you could pick which roll you want from a list when you imprint.

you can store aspects in your stash but good luck to people who are working with multiple characters and builds

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
that graph wasn't wrong about 70 being a wall, drat lol

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i hope they have a good gimmick, new mechanic, or items to introduce for season 1. i dont imagine they will have much but who knows, maybe they'll hint something tomorrow

not sure what class ill play

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Pain of Mind posted:

What does "Lucky Hit: Critical Hits have a 25% chance to spawn an orb lightning" mean? Do you need to get a lucky hit and critical hit on the same hit, and then there is a 25% chance at a spawn? Seems unclear from the text when critical hits and lucky hits are different things.

yup exactly

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
whats a sorc gotta do to get the friggin raiment to drop jfc

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

trevorreznik posted:

For arc lash sorc I haven't been running frost nova for vulnerable but probably should. I think these skills are invaluable; lash, teleport, ice armor, the ultimate. Should I drop hydra or chain lightning for frost nova? Im level 42 now

until you're in t4 you'll be fine with out it. exploit glyph is a good one to start with once you add in frost nova, and then you'll probably drop everything but defensives and ultimate and become a basic bitch like the rest of us

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Gone Fashing posted:

yeah whoever said that aspects should just go to the codex when they're extracted and be single use entries in there was right. having a separate inventory tabs for them but making them take up stash space is stupid

im hopeful they'll redesign it like that based on their upcoming gem change, but we'll see. might be a while

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

faantastic posted:

I know someone said they gambled a unique but feels like it's just so so so incredibly rare. Have purchased probably 250+ pairs of gloves and nothing, don't need them at this point just want to see if it happens.

yeah i dont think ive ever had a unique from gambling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

acumen posted:

Been in wt4 for 8 levels now and I'm way out scaling enemies. Was thinking actually how we probably need a wt5 or even 6 soon because poo poo gets wrecked.

yeah im 77 and i can ping pong around and one shot nearly everything in a helltide, easily banking enough for four mystery chests in under 30 minutes. you massively out scale the overworld monsters eventually, and everyone does so much damage that world bosses will drop in under a minute unless its a bunch of <60's or something

wt5 would be good at this point because the helltides don't give me much and i just have to push rifts