Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This game is great but I am getting real tired of not being able to complete missions due to disconnects 75% of the time.

I've played with ports and my firewall, any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Literally can't complete a single mission all night because of constant disconnects

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Unlocked the Dominator, and not sure why I don't see people using it more, especially against bots.

You can single shot all little guys, and then devestators all only take one shot to the head to take down as well.

Also I pretend I am using a 40K boltgun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i want to like the dominator more but it just falls short of the slugger in every way that counts imo

I haven't got the slugger yet but aiming for it next.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The mechs are in the same area as sentries buffs, anyone have the +50% ammo capacity upgrade and can confirm their mech still has 1000 rounds or 1500?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Now I want a hand held minigun with its own ammo backpack.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

i'm pretty sure i have the sentry upgrade and the robot i called in only had 1k bullets

Bummer

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Janissary Hop posted:

I figured this was the case when everyone was running railguns and focusing different legs. They clearly have multiple health bars or something to that effect.

They do.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wish there was a rejoin game button. I've seen others disconnect and rejoin shortly after, I assume that someone else in the game is their friend though and you can just join friends games.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

There's a Recents tab under Social, but it doesn't work properly I think.

I tried using that but didn't see anyway to join the game, only add them as friends.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

explosivo posted:

Lol you can stand on top of a mech and it lets you stay there while it moves around.

Can you prone on it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

explosivo posted:

drat that's a good shout.

Yes but then someone has to get out of their mech instead of just daka daka

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Black Noise posted:

edit: Someone took my ammo backpack from the pod and when I just stared at them they dropped it. Then I crashed again.

Dumb question but how do you drop a thing?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Black Noise posted:

On PC you press and hold the X key

ooooh

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

welp spent 109 minutes so far attempting to get past the title screen.

not really seeing any appeal so far

Are you saying this is your first time trying to play? If so, yes the servers have currently melted down and are broken today.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

eh i only got it because a friend was like its hilarious and asked me to play with him and i was like ok .. i just dont like burning money on poo poo i cant even start?

You chose a special day to start, unfortunately we have too much freedom and it broke the servers. Give it a try tomorrow, or don't. Bless

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I blame GameGuard without knowing anything.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I tried to squash a bug nest in a mech and exploded, not sure if it was the nest or something else.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Worf posted:

whats the deal with the spear? is it just to trick people into suiciding while it fails at locking on?

it seems like it could be pretty neat, i got it to lock on to a drop ship and blew it out of the sky but it seems to suck royal bot dong at locking in general

When it does lock on it is quite good.

If you can get a Bile titan to turn to you, you can reliable one shot them in the dome with the Spear.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did manage to get into a game and complete the whole thing but stuff is still borked pretty good.

Picked up a medal and just stood there for a good 30 seconds while a brood queen sniffed my face Aliens 3 style.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, you really don't want to be turning at all while firing the rocket in the mech, its extremely easy to murder yourself. Just gotta hold still while you let those off. That being said, they're really fun to use.

Or just remember to only turn left.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol if you dont dickride freedom and democracy

Also yes not being able to play is frustrating.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Give exosuits a self-destruct button but make all exosuits explode like a hellbomb no matter how their hp gets reduced to zero :getin:

I miss-read, agreed.

The solution to disconnects may be to just launch the mission by yourself? Had a bunch of people join a level 3 gently caress around mission and slowly but surely everyone dropped off except myself.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

LazyMaybe posted:

A nice thing about the mech it seems not everyone has realized is that you can open up the map and just leave it open while still aiming/shooting as usual, for increased awareness of enemies.

I can't put pings down on my map without firing off my guns when in the mech.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 9, 2024

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:fap:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Janissary Hop posted:

Gotta love how the nerfed breaker can still kill a charger leg in one mag while the buffed spray and pray needs at least 1.5 mags.

I discovered the Redeemer pistol is quite good at mag dumping into chargers legs.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm just got kicked from a game cause I tossed a resupply beacon and by accident it stuck to the host and crush them.

I found it funny at least.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

lmao that's awesome. Didn't even know the beacons can stick to players. I know they stick to chargers.

Only if the player has a shield pack on. If they don't it just bounces off.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Well, in an hour of play I was able to get one game done, and 4 lost connections.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

are there any spots on the charger that AC rounds won't bounce off while still doing damage? is hitting the ground near a leg going to help break the armor there, possibly?

butt, back of legs, think you can do a mouth shot when they lift their head up.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Please sir, yes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Still want a backpack fed minigun I can walk around with predator style.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm Stun Grenade seems like top tier.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

johnny park posted:

It's REALLY good, but simultaneously a huge disadvantage to not have regular explosive grenades if your support weapon is an RR or something and you've got medium-armor enemies bearing down on you, or if you need to plug bug holes or blow up fabricators. Pretty much the perfect sidegrade. I'd want one person in my squad to have them but probably just that one

I generally run the AC so I can get away with not having regular nades.

Just had a game where I stunned 3 chargers and dropped a SEAF artillery on all three, was pretty great

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Whatever they did to 'fix' the mech blowing itself up with rockets, seems to have just made it worse? Now I just blow up with no turning involved.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ah my bad

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Confront someone taking my auto cannon call in.

Kicked.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Janissary Hop posted:

If you're on steam and having stability issues try verifying the game files. For whatever reason every so often some files fail to verify and need redownloading. Solves my periodic issues with crashing and other weird things happening.

Good tip I did this and had 3 files apparently corrupt for some reason.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

Why are you guys fighting shriekers, just setup on a hill and snipe their nests with EATs or whatever. If you spawn near their nest in clouds, run away, like fast, fastliest to where they arent dive bombing you taking away your reinforcements.

It takes 10 autocannon hits to down a spire apparently

I was very curious if you could down them with gun fire, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The defender is the best primary against termnids.