Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I just keep rereading this chapter, it's so loving good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

RatHat posted:

Enjoy this amazing panel from Chapter 1001 without any context

https://i.ibb.co/BT01KKW/1610546438.jpg

I don't normally look at spoilers but holy cow, this did not disappoint.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

:eyepop:

I wonder if there's gonna be another one for Kidd too

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I know it wasn't the point but I'm choosing to take this chapter as making GBS threads on Sanji further. Now he's going up against an injured Jack who was already beaten, while Zoro is just playing with the big boys. How far has Sanji(deserving) fallen.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

Lots of people want to replace Sanji with a new crewmate called Zoro 2

This sounds pretty good to me??? I don't like Zoro THAT much but no more putting up with the dumb perverted jokes which has became the majority of what Sanji is since the timeskip????

His stuff with Pudding was pretty good but now he's back to lusting after women in general.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Bleck posted:

"I wish Sanji stopped being a weird pervert" = good, correct

"I wish Sanji would kick a woman" = stupid, wrong

Oh yeah to be clear, I'm not one of the people calling for Sanji to kick women, that's pretty hosed up. Giving him some credit here in this chapter, he found a way to deal with Black Maria. I just can't stand Sanji lately.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I find it really amusing (and likely intentional by Oda) that the Strawhat with a ridiculously low bounty is kicking serious rear end.

Chopper was always held back more by his attitude than his strength, so it's not exactly surprising that when he's up for it and in full control of his devil fruit, he can kick some serious butt.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

it takes him a while to warm up to the crew but Law has been a great addition. It does feel a bit weird that we know him so well but his crew barely exists

excuse me did you forget about the BEAR????

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Holy poo poo I usually try to wait for the official release but this was worth it. Incredible.

And yeah I don't have too much of an issue with the conqueror's haki thing. This series has always been about willpower and dreams. It's just Luffy putting his literal willpower behind his punches now. I have more of an issue with the other two types of haki, they're more explicitly magical.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Of course that would be the final straw that broke the camel's back. Nami has been that girl.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Super Rad posted:

I realize that this was already discussed during her vivre card reveal as a quirk of the Japanese language, but I'm suddenly concerned that the presence of a character with a "female heart" in Kiku and a character with a "male heart" in Yamato in the same location as Law will lead to some simple body swap hijinks to neatly wrap up and completely sidestep all the representational issues that the characters bring up which would be a huge shame since Oda has actually been killing it so far, relatively speaking.

I don't know if it will happen, but they're transgender, and there's an opportunity to change their gender to the one they are, and you don't want that to happen??

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Someone mentioned the tengu earlier, that's possible too. He hasn't really had a role yet and I assume the island is over Wano by now.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

No Wave posted:

I thought at first that perospero's arrows turned his neck partially into candy canes.

Also kind of surprising that Chopper got a power up by doping.

What???? That's his entire powerset. He's always been using drugs to modify his transformations.

Also Monosuke seems to be hearing something, I assume it's gonna be related to whomever saves Luffy.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I don't think he's dead, but typically in One Piece when a swordsman/woman has their swords broken by an attack they are donezo and out of the fight.

He had two swords tho. I think only one of them is breaking.

Edit: oh welp I checked again, both of his swords are broken.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 28, 2021

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Remember when Squard stabbed Whitebeard long ago to power him up? Well they knew, and now finally that powerup is gonna activate and quake Luffy straight out of the water and back on the island.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Then who's the black turtle?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Kild posted:

Naruto spends 3 years with a world class ninja and teacher and the only new technique he comes back after the timeskip with is bigger rasengan

Ah, you mean THAT jutsu

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Julias posted:

Maybe, that's why I cautioned it as "potential foreshadowing". Though Spandam should have already known.about Luffy by that point. I'm probably due a reread of water7/enis lobby.

iirc the context was that Lucci asked Luffy why he came straight to him and his response was that Lucci was the strongest and he had to take care of Lucci to protect his crew and Lucci was commenting on Spandam completely not at all like that?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Luffy awakens and turns the island to rubber which doesnt do much to save the capitol below

Luffy awakens and does turn everything on the island to rubber, but since human beings weren't supposed to be rubber, they're all loving dead.

On the positive side, the capitol is fine, tho.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I forget, is Carrot officially part of the permanent Straw Hat crew?

Nope. It's why she didn't get a big strawhat fight moment. She just got off-scene'd by Perospero instead

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It's not play

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

one step closer to Luffy's ultimate technique: bouncy castle

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

No Wave posted:

Kinemon's rear end is talking? is that what that sound effect meant?

The first time we meet Kinemon at Punk Hazard he was already cut in half and they encountered his lower half. We learned that he has the ability to communicate through farts.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

holy poo poo Kid and Law on final page

One Piece rules.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Eiba posted:

Hippo?
no
Railgun

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Big Mama is definitely down for this arc, but I don't think she's completely out yet. The Strawhats are definitely going to Elbaf at some point down the road, and it seems like Big Mama still has unresolved problems there.

Beside, how many times have we seen a bad guy go down conclusively only to continue to influence the story in a later arc, like Crocodile, for example?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'm pretty sure I said this last week but I'm gonna say it again

One Piece rules.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Y'all remember this guy???

no.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

One Piece rules and Pudding rules. And it's just lovely seeing Hiyori with Orochi right now.

Siliziumleben posted:

thoughts on reading this chapter:

- I didn't expect the masked CP0 guy to be a jobber

uh, how many people did that duo take down before ONE of them finally went down???

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Jiro posted:

So that is indeed the real Hiyori, how the gently caress did she get onto the island? And how is her future husband, Zoro, supposed to save her?

Enel gave her a ride there obviously

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Actually yeah, I could see Kaido genuinely being so bummed that he just knocks CP0 guy off the island, sits down and gives Luffy a moment to recover.

He clearly never got over getting the cheap shot on Oden like that.

anime was right posted:

didnt luffy tank a boro blast earlier in the fight and he said the reason he didnt get hurt was because he was rubber? that made no sense, and now it makes sense in the context that he doesnt have the rubber fruit.

bleh. i dont really like this sort of thing, i hope oda pulls it off

To everyone worried about this, how the gently caress do you explain Luffy's performance against Enel if his fruit ISN'T some kind of rubber?

Also he said it was GUTS!!!

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 4, 2022

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Re Kaido being confused about Luffy's arms rebounding like that: I think what someone earlier in the thread theorized is right, Luffy is probably unintentionally awakening his fruit, he's turning the air just beyond of his fist into rubber so his fist bounces off it, and that's how it's zig zagging.

It's funny how until Kaido mentioned that, I never thought about it, but it is odd.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'm thinking Luffy might be already awakening his fruit without realizing it in Snakeman form. We all joked that he'd turn everything into a bouncy house, but what if he's turning the air into rubber and bouncing his fists off it, and that's why we get the hosed up trajectory for it?

I really hope Luffy secretly isn't really a rubber man or that it has some super special powers when awakened, and the elders asking CP0 to interfere is just because of Luffy personally, not his fruit and that CP0 still has to take out whoever the actual fruit user is. But if there's anyone I'd trust this plot beat to, it'd be Oda.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

He got better.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Read a lovely scan/trnaslation and it made me extremely loving hype for the real deal.

:same:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Jose posted:

i was trying to figure out how to do this without just reading spoilers but gave up. hopefully it comes mout before i go to bed

I gotcha ya.
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/b24gAEx/1/1/

Quality is a joke but I understand if you read it anyway, the wait was rough.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

anime was right posted:

they say hes still rubber! seems like he gets more control over his body now.

I was telling someone earlier when I read the lovely scanslation,

Oh... oh no, Luffy isn't a Rubber Man, he's a Comic Man.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Zakutambah posted:

Haha, right. See, I had little idea if he was just like a Japanese version of a Hydra or something more specific; thanks for the correction. Well, he's been beheaded a few times now, how many more as he got left to get to 8?

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This is Orochi’s third death, one from Kaido, one from all the scabbards at once, and now this.

iirc the scabbards beheaded multiple heads at once, so he's actually on his last head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'd missed those Fakehat edits. :allears: