Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Anyone know what the max weight you could put on top of a Detolf would be? IKEA doesn't report it.

Max weight is 8lbs per shelf. Source: My wife works for Ikea, and I had her check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I mean like outside the case, on the wooden top piece.

Sorry, I should have clarified. They don't rate the top piece as it's not "officially" a shelf / intended to have anything on top of it. The shelves are rated to 8lbs, so they'll only ever give you the weight of 8lbs to save the liability of you put something over that weight on top and the shelf wont support it.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

The Tamashii stands end up being a better deal. Honestly, at this point I've bought so many Mafex and Revoltech figures that I have stands out the rear end, didn't realize the prices have gone up.

What are the best stands for the Revoltech figs? I've only collected minimates, but think I'm going tho spring for the Marvel Revoltech figs.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

They all come with one, so there's no point in getting one*.

* - Venom is a weighty figure and can't really be suspended with that stand, but because of his proportions and size, the only thing that would really work for something that big would be a Tamashii Stage 5, but even that may not support him. You're better off with something like an ACBA flight stand for those types of characters.

Awesome, thanks for the info! :cheers:

I wasn't aware they came with stands. I was debating whether or not to get Spider Gwen, but considering I'm not paying extra for stands now I'm going t get them all.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

They're the one line that I get everything for, pretty stoked for Wolverine and REALLY hoping they do something ballsy like have Nightcrawler as their 6th figure, though I'd bet it'll probably be Carnage or Silk or something. An awesome Sabretooth in the Venom style would be totally okay, too.

That would be awesome. I'm a huge X-Men fan, so either of those would be great.

I saw a youtube video where someone mentioned they thought Carnage was up next, but can't find any other info on it so I'm not sure if that is true or they were just speculating.

Is HLJ the cheapest place to order these? Looks like Deadpool is the only one in stock at the moment. Should I expect that these get restocked or are they fairly limited?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The main ones people use are HLJ, Amiami, or Hobbysearch/1999.co.jp. And of course ebay.

Amiami tends to be the cheapest, but they're also the most popular so their preorders can sell out faster.

Animale posted:

I got the Spidey the first go around (late Jan release) and they're taking re-orders for that one for a late June release so yeah, they get restocked occasionally if they prove to be popular.

Thanks for the info. I've now got Deadpool, Spider-Man, and Venom on the way! :toot:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Saw it on reddit, but apparently the Amazing Yamaguchi Wolverine is no longer coming with the cigar accessory. :argh:

As a cigar smoker this bummed me out quite a bit. Sure hope if they are indeed leaving it out that the smoking hand is replaced with a different pose.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That Mysterio is awesome. Checked out a few others on the site and that Doc Ock is incredible.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

To be fair, how could you NOT want to gently caress Guts?

My Yamaguchi Spider Gwen is in the mail, should come tomorrow. Will post some pics of it and Venom if people care.

I care! I picked up Spider-man, Deadpool, and Venom a while back, and have Spider-Gwen and some minimates are on the way. Venom is indeed awesome, but I found him a bit harder to pose than Spider-man and Deadpool.

Edit: Anyone have any idea when they'll announce the next figure? Haven't seen anything since Wolverine was announced other than some youtube speculation that Carnage is next. Couldn't find any validity to that though.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks for the info. I'm also hoping for Sabertooth to pair with Wolverine. Nightcrawler would be awesome as well. My favorite Marvel character has always been Beast so I'd love to see him get a figure, although I realize that is probably a long shot. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Thor or Black Panther figure and either of them would be pretty cool. A Miles Spider-Man would be cool, but I think that might be too much Spiderverse for my tastes. I could go for other villains though (Doc Ock, Lizard, Kraven, Black Cat)

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

gently caress YES! :slick:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone notice the arm / hand on the left there? Little bit of speculation that it could be a Black Widow or some sort of Evangelion redo.

Black Widow wouldn't be my first choice, but I could see her being pretty cool.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Zebulon posted:

That's definitely an Eva arm. There's reissues of several of them coming up before the end of the year.

Ahh, I see. Guess that means we can get someone cooler than Black Widow, heh.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

X-Men are money, bay bee!

MooselanderII posted:

Revoltech would single handedly bring the Japanese economy into a boom period if they made a Jim Lee Gambit.

My body is ready. My biggest wish is a Beast, but Nightcrawler, Gambit, or any sort of Jim Lee era X-men would be incredible.

Still mega pumped for Magneto.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone know where I can get replacement stands for Amazing Yamaguchi / Revoltech figs? Venom was apparently too heavy and the peg that sticks in his back snapped the middle peg of pole that connects to the stand, which basically renders all parts useless... :negative:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I've got a single G.I. Joe (SDCC Cobra Commander) still on the card that is in a flimsy plastic shell. Does anyone know of a hard plastic shell I could replace it with? Do those things have a specific name?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

davebo posted:

I'd probably buy that if it were his orange/brown costume.

They make the brown and yellow costume and it's non-exclusive.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Along the lines of Cammy, does anyone know when/if ToysRus will be getting her or Rashid anytime soon?

They've had Ryu and Chun Li for quite a while. Thought it might just be my store, but my wife travels for work and has checked Indianapolis, dallas, and Jacksonville in the past few weeks. All had the same.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

RevKrule posted:

The only Bobsled team anyone should be caring about is one from 1988 and not even from the US. Every other bobsled team isn't nearly as notable.

Is this the Jamaican bobsled team from Cool Runnings? Because I'd totally buy those. Sanka with lucky egg would be a rad chase!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Has anyone bought any Nendoroids? Any opinions one way or another? I like the look of some of them, but the price seems a bit steep.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Ha, lots of mixed reactions. I'm probably looking at just he Star Wars ones, but had never even heard of these until I got an email from BBTS for the new Overwatch ones. Those look pretty neat as well. I may pick one up to test the waters. Thanks everybody!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

vkeios posted:

The fun part is I'm not watching the Star Wars trailer, since I know I'm gonna see the movie anyways. So for all I know you guys are just loving with me with your made-up Star Wars character, hell I've only seen one thing in stores that might be a porg and that was a mug shaped like their head and for all I know it was just another wookie.

I've watched all of the trailers, and I don't get it. These things are so popular (The Funko chases are going for goofy prices). The movie isn't even out yet. Are these things really that endearing just based on their looks?

I guess so, but I just don't get it. :shrug:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Looks like Carnage is next up in the Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech line.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 21, 2017

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Mezco Delux Joker went up for preorder today: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-the-joker-deluxe-edition

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The Rage posted:

Also anyone get the Revoltech Magneto yet? He might be my breaking point. It’s like they captured MvC Magneto perfectly.

Mine is on the way, and due next Thursday. Early reports are that he is awesome, but his cape is as heavy as the figure and you need to use the stand. Also, some reports of people having issues getting the pegs into the cape and resorting to hairdryers and screwdrivers to loosen / widen the holes.

I think the whole line is dope so far, so I'm pretty pumped for it.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

BlackCircle posted:

For Christmas a buddy of mine got me the Revoltech Venom figure to add to my ever growing collection of symbiotes. Its amazing looking and now I can't wait to buy the Revoltech Carnage to go with it.

Nice! Agreed that Venom is really awesome. Be careful with him though. I put him through too much posing and now the shoulder blade wont hold up the arm on one side.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I still can’t believe how much success Mezco’s 1:12 Collective line is having, considering that it should be called the Everyone is Dressed in Daddy’s Cable Knit Sweater collection.

I went from thinking these were dumb as it gets to my favorite toy line. Something about them give me a vintage / retro toy vibe while being totally modern. They really are better in person than pics online.

That being said, you are spot on with the cable knit sweater comment, lol.

Fuzz posted:

The cloth goods are the only reason I don't get any Mezco figures. If they had regular plastic outfits molded on with all those accessories, I'd be all over them at that price point.

Iron man literally went up for pre-order about 2 hours ago: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-iron-man

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Look as good as Jobu, in 900 years you will not.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

^^^: Sure does!

I just got my first few DBZ figs this weekend! I like them alot so far:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Does BBTS take a week to process orders for everyone, or are they just slower with Canadian orders?

Yeah, that sounds pretty normal for them. It's annoying, but if it's not available / cheaper on Amazon they're probably the best place to buy from in my experience.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

It also depends which Mafex WW you got. The BvS one was bad, but they fixed almost all of its issues for the standalone, from what I saw.

Also a reminder: we have a Discord server for goon action figure chat.

https://discord.gg/SgPGZkJ

:getin:

Sweet, didn't know this existed.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Has anyone ever had Big Bad Toy Store cancel a pre-order on them? I'm waiting for PX Deathstroke to ship, and there's chatter that there aren't enough to to fulfill pre-orders.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I have, once.

ShimSham posted:

Yeah, but in my case it's because the manufacturer eventually cancelled the item.
Bummer, I've never had anything cancelled, but the 10 business day notice expires Monday or Tues depending on if I count the day I got the notice. Pre-ordered the first day was available so hoping that it comes through.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Like so. This owner states "Not rich, It's just my career allows a bit of financial freedom, that is all." Also, this isn't the whole collection. :psyduck:

If you like to check out hot toys displays, check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IQIO9rdiY by Cincynerd on youtube. Hot Toys aren't my thing since I like comic based depictions (yay Mezco), but he's got a really nice setup / collection.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone here collect Loyal Subjects? Have any thoughts positive / negative? I'm thinking of trying to pick up the MOTU figs, but they are pricey as poo poo for blind boxes. Might resort to ebay I guess.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

TouchToneDialing posted:

I've been putting off buying a Krillin for years now because I felt like their is no way a reissue isn't happening like next month. Seriously why hasn't that happened yet.

I feel like the second I buy a Krillin they will announce a reissue.
They've been showing off Krillin at different shows, which has apparently been a past indicator that an old figure is getting a reissue. It's most definitely coming.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I bought a couple of the Thundercats ones and they’re...ok. I kept mumm-ra and the bland good guy whose name I forget went into my kids’ toy box. There’s a big difference between articulation and useful articulation, I’ll leave it at that.

Hmm, okay thanks for the info. I've got a few TMNT boxes on the way, so I'll see how it goes.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Along the lines of Marvel Legends hanging around / randomly showing up, I've spent my lunch breaks this week going to various Walgreens, Meijer, Target, and Gamestop stores looking for figures. The Walgreens closest to me had some of the Juggernaut figs which I believe came out almost 2 years ago.

Any way to really know when the new stuff should show up? With almost 2 year old figs on the shelf how long should I expect a given wave to hang around?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Which figures are you looking for, exactly?

There's no real good way to know exactly when things are hitting outside word of mouth OR taking your chances with the BrickSeek trackers:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/02/marvel-legends-6-shopping-list-round-up/

BrickSeek used to give more granular details but has since moved to a more generic label of what they may have. Either way, it's a good start to see if a store has something before wasting a trip.

I see. Thanks for the info. I've used Brickseek for (Dont freak out, haha) POPs in the past.

Right now I'm just going to try to track down the Juggernaut BAF wave (or Rogue, and the Cable and Wolverine pieces). Then I'm just going to wait for the upcoming X-men wave. Might just wind up pre-ordering it on BBTS to ensure I can build Apocalypse.

Was able to find a Sue and Johnny between all the Walgreens I hit up, and ordered Reed off of their site. So now I'm just waiting for Surfer and Thing.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I hope it’s actually comic X-Men figures and not just their Samurai stuff.

Aphrodite posted:

Figuarts got a license to do X-Men stuff now. Looks like they'll be debuting the weekend of May 25th at an event.

Hype!!! :slick:

I hope with all hope they are "classic" iterations of the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you mean classic like Jack Kirby X-Men or classic like Jim Lee X-Men?

Really, either! As a child of the 90's I'd prefer Jim Lee designs, but would also love just about any costume back to issue 39. Would prefer to avoid the original costumes just for the sake of diversity / visual interest.

Post Lee, the Astonishing costumes are pretty good. Hate the Morrison Jackets. Pretty ambivalent to the last decade or so of costumes... I guess I'm getting old..."Things were never as good as yesteryear." *shakes fist* Haha!