Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I got my a Snake Eyes and aside from the knife not fitting in the sheath he is cool.

Lucky. Pulse said all of mine are pushed back to July 1st. (Except Destro, I'm getting him from somewhere else.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Careful. Kiwi Farms have been trying to join any SA stuff.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Etienne LaFitte has never looked so good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

Yeah is that an existing GI Joe design? Why don't all GI Joes look like that? Why do they keep doing boring army men when they could do awesome stuff like that?

Because there's only one Laird Destro.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

It really goes to show, the people doing this Ghostbusters line are cowards. "Oh dear what if the line only gets one wave? We better do all four main guys so nobody yells at us if we can't make more, oh noooo"

If they had an ounce of bravery or ambition in their bodies, the first wave would've been Venkman from Ghostbusters 1, Janine from The Real Ghostbusters, Eduardo from Extreme Ghostbusters, one of the Scoleri Brothers, Crainiac, and possessed Abby Yates.

With a giant Murray the Mantis as the build-a-figure.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, I'm gonna buy a HISS tank. :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Give me a Mutt and Junkyard you absolute cowards.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

funtax posted:

Annnnnd... sold out in under 1 minute.

Yup. Thanks for nothing as always, Target.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

https://news.hisstank.com/ might be the biggest site, but so many people on the forums are churlish, hating on everything Classified-related. The community also seems to have a conservative streak, which may or may not be a turnoff for you.

Yeah, HISS Tank has run off at least one GI Joe writer I know of (Paul Allor, who does the newest book).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

I never watched the show as a kid, but I thought all theirguns shot out lasers?

The show yes, but the toys' weapons initially were all based on real-world firearms. Roadblock had a Browning .50 cal. A lot of them had Colt .45 automatics, etc.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maybe I got a Milkbone.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A wholesome Gatekeeper! She is! Yes she is!

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 25, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Ready Go posted:

gently caress ordering it from Hasbro Pulse, I'm STILL waiting for my Snake-Eyes :(

Mine finally got here the day before yesterday. I think the hijinks the government is pulling with the USPS is having affecting on our army mans and related shipping.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/GIJoeOfficial/status/1287859711681888257

Good news now we can all get them and there will be no problems whatsoever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

"Target sold out immediately, how can we make sure there's enough supply for the demand?"

"iunno refresh target lol *takes huge hit from bong lit with a $100 bill*"

I guess it would be nice to only have to struggle with regular toy scalpers and not bots.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The toy shelves at the WMs around here are oddly barren in the action figure aisle. Like there was a run on, well, everything.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Target website shows Baroness up for preorder right now, but it won't let me add it to my cart, even after signing in. Does anyone else have better luck?

https://www.target.com/p/g-i-joe-classified-series-baroness-with-c-o-i-l-figure-and-vehicle/-/A-79659825

I'm just getting 'something went wrong and your order has not been added to the cart and we cannot guarantee it will be available later' so same Target crap.

Also scalpers are the worst. Sadly they sucked up to the manager at the comic store I used to work at so I had to deal with them more than anybody should. They'd buy out whatever, try to flip it on eBay and when they couldn't they'd come to us to trade it in for store credit for more stuff they thought they could flip and we'd wind up with the stuff that didn't sell.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 2, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheFullForce/status/1290651715319074817

I'd like to think it's a good sign but as somebody says I don't know how it works with self checkout.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Basically I just keep up with Transformers, but even that's hard these days thanks to circumstances. I'm not sure what's possessed me to try and get into the new Joe stuff.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

What dark ritual do I have to perform to make Hasbro release the classified series cobra troopers on pulse? Blood sacrifices are out, but my soul is on the table.

I wonder if they'll keep the regular troopers for Target but have Vipers or Crimson Guard for everybody.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm going to call him Big-E-Faces.

Well done.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Morose posted:

No joke. Prices have roughly quadrupled in the past few years.

I wonder if that How They Were Made Netflix series had something to do with it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Djarum posted:

GI Joe was all about the vehicles. Also the ability to have large armies of figures.

It is a concept that has mostly been lost now since even small figures are expensive so it is hard to have a large collection of figures.

And there was something cool about how the figures were so.. over-equipped, I guess. He-Man had a sword. Roadblock had a Ma-Deuce heavy machine gun with tripod, ammo belt and backpack.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Our Target didn't even have, near as I could tell, pegs set up for G.I. Joe stuff. :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shiftypenguin posted:

Mine has just two legs by the Ghostbusters peg and the Transformers section. They're very easy to miss.

Admittedly I got there at the late hour of 8:30 AM so it's entirely possible they'd already been vacuumed up by the scalpers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Future Son posted:

100%

But I assume they all have no/poo poo jobs and need the money to survive, so I feel slightly less bad about their hustle just because I’m fortunate enough to have spare cash to waste on things. I’m fairly convinced most scalpers are just everyday retail employees.

Honestly all the scalpers I know here in town have comfortable middle class, sometimes upper middle class jobs. It's how they can afford the cases of toys to flip in the first place.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

I have never seen this thread so busy. Is it all brand new GI Joe & MOTU collectors?

Pretty much. There's been a lot to talk about with both hitting the shelves and the Joe stuff especially being in short, almost nonexistent supply in the early going.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Me: I scored a Beach Head!
You: What about Baroness and a Cobra Trooper?
Me: It is an ongoing process SHUT UP.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Congrats! I'm hoping for luck tomorrow when I set out to The Good Target.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

No luck with the Baroness. I did get to see the Hot Wheels Guys in the natural habitat because they were getting restocked. I may lose out on figures but if the price is being not that pushy and obnoxious, I'll pay it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

I can't believe people are paying upwards of $140 dollars for that drat Baroness set. That's crazy, it's a 20 dollar figure with a bike that's barely painted that retails for $40.

As disappointing as it is to me to not find it, at the same time I used to find the Skywarp/Thundercracker two pack the same way (which is to say I didn't find it) but now you've often got two or three on the shelves when I go. It just pays to remember to not reward scalpers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This gave me false hope claiming there were two at a store about half an hour away and yet I arrived to find only lies and theft. (It's fine, it's a nice day for a drive.) This Target was actually pretty well stocked on everything so maybe it's actually the local Good Target.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, no Switchblade. Still, really cool, though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fuzz posted:

Anyone have any luck with troopers? I'm debating eBay, but man it's going for over 2x the price already, it's loving insane how badly Target has hosed this up. :smithicide:

*Signs deeply*

No.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is that new Sabine Black Series very different from the one I already have?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

So much for that one per customer thing huh.

I've been thinking about that since I was the one who found the Twitter pic and posted it here. I wonder now if it wasn't something that one Target specifically did, and knowing corporate maybe made them stop.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So Popfindr feels like it gives out false positives, for lack of a better term. I saw they had a Cobra Trooper and Baroness at a semi-local Target and away I went except... they didn't in fact have them and hadn't gotten them in, although the lady working there said that it could mean they might be there tomorrow. I wonder what make it ping that a store has something because it doesn't feel like 'on shelf' or even 'in store.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I feel really good

I look forward to you learning how to make your own Fright Zone slime.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

My Target only has TWO pegs set up for GI Joe. I don't think they're ever getting them.

Yeah, my Targets have two pegs set up under the Ghostbusters figures, plus space for the bike. Even when Popfindr claims they're in, they're never there. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fuzz posted:

You do realize that no one cared about Star Wars at all for like a decade, right? From 86 to 96 when Shadows of the Empire was published it was basically relegated to, "that thing only nerds talk or care about still," despite the films being internationally acclaimed classics that were loved by hundreds of millions of people. The Marvel and Dark Horse comics in the 80s and 90s were mostly a joke, to the point where Marvel dropped the license, it was selling so poorly. The toy line was dead and replaced with GI Joe and TMNT. The franchise was basically done except for Timothy Zahn starting a slow snowball of EU fiction. Shadows turned the corner with the simultaneous N64 game release.

While true, even this ignores the fact that the only thing coming out for ages for Star Wars (aside from the Ewok flicks) was the West End Games RPG that, for a table top RPG, did exceedingly well. The franchise was pretty much an afterthought until Zahn's novels, though, it's true.