Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Also the wired 360 pads aren't $50 are they?

The official ones are 40$ US, with knockoffs being 20-30$. 50$ for a poor quality Ouya controller with a touchpad PCs dont yet support seems like a terrible deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

XboxPants posted:

This is absolutely true. But why would I want to solve them, when I could just sidestep them entirely? What is gained?

If there is an easy problem that I may either solve, or avoid entirely, why does it make me stupid to choose to just avoid them?

A wireless mouse and an OJEAH both solve yoru problem, but a mouse costs 20$ and your OJEAH costs 100$ and also doesn't exist.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

XboxPants posted:

What? I'm still gonna use my computer. I can use both. I don't have to pledge my undying allegiance to a single platform or something.

Dont you, like, run a EUNOIA fansite or something?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Xboxpants, please be sure to do an unboxing video when your YOUA arrives. Use one of your 47 chrome tabs to figure out how to capture video with your chromebook.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It's still somewhat amazing to me that the ARGLEBARGLE people have managed to sucker Amazon in to their scam.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Could we make the OUYA banner ad on the forums redirect to this thread instead of an Amazon link?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Wasn't there some exclusive Kickstarter package where big donators would get their names inscribed on the SUE-YEAH motherboard or case or something? Are those due out at the end of the month too?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

XboxPants posted:

The OUYA isn't available for purchase tomorrow.

The FOIBLE has been purchasable for months now, both through their website and though Amazon and other online retails, and if you want to argue about what 'purchase' means or what 'tomorrow' means, just dont. It is possible, today, at this very time, to pay $99.99 and someone somewhere will promise you an OOZE-IT.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Radio Paranoia posted:

Is it just me, or does that backplate give the impression that the board is kind of suspended in the middle of the TIMECUBE?

The board is kind of suspended in the middle of the TIMECUBE.

e: you cant see it in this photo, but it's not actually bolted down or anything. It's just wedged between the sides of the case.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

TaurusOxford posted:

I don't feel like catching up to 2000+ posts. Has the OUYA killed the evil big 3 yet?

It has already. Haven't you noticed? The PS3 was merely the first to fall.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Vulpine Complex posted:

Oh boy, UGANDA unboxing videos!

I just about died when he pulls the paper back to reveal the controller in pieces.

Wait, so the faceplates are shipped freefloating at the top of the box? Not even a protective sleeve? Aluminum is so soft and so easily scratched that they're going to get so many complaints about faceplates damaged during shipping.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
How thick are these faceplates exactly? Because aluminum deforms really easily, and doesn't spring back like typical controller plastic does. I can easily see them getting bent in shipping, or if they get sat on, or if someone tries to pull them off incorrectly. It's almost as if they tied themselves to this stupid idea without any thought to how it would function in the real world.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I'd wager they shipping out the first wave of DOUYADENUMs to finance manufacturing the rest of the orders. People have been questioning their ability to manufacture 60,000 OUVARIEs with their kickstarter money from the beginning, and those estimate didn't account for design, coding the store, a kicking launch party in San Francisco. or Julie and co. jetsetting around the world. It seems to me they're living paycheque to paycheque, hoping they can sell enough DAVE STALAFIGHTs to afford the next batch.

Xboxpants, what would you do if OURREOLYA goes tits up before you receive yours? Please dont do anything rash.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Kennel posted:

Great comments

To be fair, the IWOJIMA could probably handle Call of Duty 1, maybe even Call of Duty 2.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Crackbone posted:

You really think a Tegra 3 is going to run Minecraft better than a 5 year old laptop?

Maybe he means a stripped down version of Minecraft on a Tegra 3 runs better than an up to date, fully featured, with mods and poo poo Minecraft runs on an old laptop. Clearly, the FANGDANGOUYA is the winner here.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Oh please, I'm sure you've burned $100 on something you won't get back.

Literally burning 100$ would have been a better idea than supporting the OUYAGE as at least the flaming bill would be a source of heat.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Someway, somehow, the OUYA is going to be the thing that kills Final Fantasy, and I cant loving wait.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Red_Mage posted:

Its a handheld.

A handheld console?

e: I agree however that 'console' has become a meaningless distinction these days.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Dreamzle posted:

I'd put the development budget at around $20,000. I'd need to sell around 6000 copies to break even.

Did you consider that the OUYA has an install base of around 60,000 (assuming they can finish shipping), and that you'd need to sell your game to 1 out of every 10 users in order to not lose money?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Cool Matty posted:

If Pebble was able, on several occasions, to show photos of their product in the factory, I can't see why the GOUDA couldn't.

Hell, even if they don't want their staff in the photos, just take one off the line, take it into a private room, and take the picture there.

They cant do that. The prototypes aren't meant to be photographed, only sent out to ~60,000 early backers.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The E(Big)3 wont let them get a booth, that's how counterculture they are.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

weaaddar posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/comments/1fwl00/well_at_least_they_are_trying_to_be_more/

We're 100% shipped as of two weeks ago, we just haven't sent out 7500 of them. But don't worry we supposedly will shipped 5000 of them this weekend. And then on the 12th we'll finally be done shipping. Amazing. OUYA redefining the console paradigm and the word shipped.

So whenever they said "100% shipped", they meant from manufacturer to their warehouse, and not 100% shipped to consumers? This girl knows her marketing BS.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

ace_beef posted:

Is it an acronym for something? I feel like a real moron asking these questions, but this is honestly baffling to me.

Open Up Your rear end. It's what all the Kickstarter backers did.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
100% launch in 0% of stores.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I expect they'll announce a delay on the 25th.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Siljmonster posted:

One of these are broken.

The most valuable thing in this picture are the Magic cards.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Really? Is it? Because I'm pretty sure I can just throw any .apk I feel like on to my android phone, and give it root access if I so please. I don't see where this confidence that this would change on a different android device is coming from. Even setting aside the fact that OUYA is kind of hacker unfriendly, I don't know why it's assumed Google would suddenly change their minds about .apks not from the Play store.

You dont even need to do that. There are emulators on Google Play right now, as I type this, and they're not hard to find.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Disappointed this wasn't Redtube.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Packstand posted:

Serious inquiry to anyone that purchased an OUYA:

Why didn't you just install ROMS and use a gamepad?

From everything I've heard about the OUYA, it just seems totally not worth it.

I believe the reasoning was running a cable from your PC/tablet/smartphone was too much work, and the only solution was a 100$ brick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

XboxPants posted:

"Real talk, I would pay $115 for a Towerfall box."

Then he should pay Matt Thorson 115$, and not pay a Matt Thorson $15/Ouya $100 split.

• Locked thread