Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

Theres an MP trying to get the Serious Fraud Office to investigate Blazer and the 2018/2022 bids because some of the recorded conversations took place in London during the Olympics.

Blazer is, by most accounts, dying of cancer so I hope he just spills every bit of information he can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

How many FIFA ethics investigators are there?

We are all FIFA ethics investigators.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

Best country in the world etc

David Hasselhoff fan worship, Tokio Hotel, Hitler, etc.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Individual sports really don't count for poo poo when it comes to performance in team sports. And in Olympic team sports, again, the US only dominates, or even really does well at all, in sports where they have the #1 completely most dominant professional league in the world and no one else even comes close.

Team sports at the Olympics:
  • The US completely dominates basketball because only the NBA counts as a meaningful basketball league and other countries don't care.
  • The US has never won men's water polo and only won women's water polo for the first time in 2012.
  • The US has won men's ice hockey twice (last time in 1980) and women's once (in 1998, the first year it existed).
  • The US has never won, or even medalled, in men's or women's curling.
  • The US has never won, or even medalled, in men's or women's handball.
  • The US has won men's volleyball three times since 1964, and never won women's.
  • The US has never won men's or women's field hockey.
  • The US has obviously never won men's football, though they have won gold at 4 out of 5 tournaments since women's football was introduced.

But yeah, the US is clearly sooooo good at team sports, at the Olympics or otherwise.

Nobody gives a poo poo, holy gently caress.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

I do, you're just jealous of Australia

I've seen nigga steves fits, I'm not friend.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Mash posted:

Hegav studied(studies?) law so he's as corrupt as they come

He also has a rich dad...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

Wait, how long has this been going on in the US?

When did Seattle join MLS?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Actually having qualified for a World Cup should be a requirement for hosting.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

First they came for our Akinfenwas.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Byolante posted:

In the same way that US hipsters play football, Australian hipsters play gridiron

You must have to be real bad at the 69 other codes of football/rugby in Australia to resort to American football.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

The death toll was at ~1000 just counting Indians and Nepalis over a year ago.

Out of nowhere Kwagga has just gotten a semi.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

What temperature is it in Quatar during the winter anyway?

30C 80F or thereabouts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

TBP's time to shine.

Its

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I want to say Blatter will be dead by 2026 but I'm not so sure

I hope he's dead by 20:26 tonight.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lamont Cranston posted:

Tight volleyball shorts, but yes

He also once mistook Abby Wambach's wife for (5 time women's player of the year) Marta

Sepp doesn't see color, other than green, or whatever funny colors are used on Euro notes, idk.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Byolante posted:

No, I am pretty sure the Tauregs live in northern Mali.

Actually I'm pretty sure they're made in Germany.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

literally

But Hitler did nothing wrong.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Stats 4 fats

I always knew you loved stats.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

advanced statsman posted:

concept by my buddy chuck

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

FIFA, a non-profit that gets tax exempt status anywhere that gets the world cup, has cash reserves of like £2bn that it does gently caress all with

Looks like it bribes the heck out of people to manipulate the game as they see fit.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Said the Canadian who just typed "lol just lol"

Oh you mad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

I hope all the new posters stick around, we need some new blood, and a concussion thread.

The new posters have already given me brain damage so a concussion thread is probably a good idea.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tbp posted:

im loving PISSED nobody liked my jozy joke.

It was pretty good and I was a little upset it was overlooked.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

puchu posted:

I can't wait to visit visa corporate dot tumblr dot com

Just read the last 700 posts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

Has anyone proposed that African votes should only be worth 3/5ths as much

This would be a good compromise.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Koesj posted:

Quoting a fat swiss fraud

We're done here.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Another Italian World Cup would be ownage as hell, you could swear and smoke cigarettes and belittle women. Hell, you could probably get away with misgendering the referee.

In a shocking twist the CAF is awarded zero spots for the Nuovo Italia World Cup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

I got radicalized by the FIFA movie

*Does a 360 kickflip out of the thread*

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

United Passions is officially the lowest grossing movie in US film history.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/18/fifas-united-passions-lowest-grossing-film-us-history

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Depends on how fast guys like Webb, Warner, and Valcke turn over evidence. John Gotti took years, but he was actually pretty good at being a criminal. Blatter is not. I'm sure if he were to show up in Canada, there'd be a nice warrant for his arrest waiting for him at the tarmac.

Blatter is a phenomenal criminal you idiot.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

stickyfngrdboy posted:

people itt don't know what FIFA is. 

In Fluo/FLJ voice:

The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA /ˈfiːfə/; English: International Federation of Association Football) is the governing body of association football (soccer), futsal and beach soccer. FIFA is responsible for the organisation of football's major international tournaments, notably the World Cup which commenced in 1930 and the Women's World Cup which commenced in 1991.

FIFA was founded in 1904 to oversee international competition among the national associations of Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Headquartered in Zürich, its membership now comprises 209 national associations. Member countries must each also be members of one of the six regional confederations into which the world is divided: Africa, Asia, Europe, North & Central America and the Caribbean, Oceania and South America.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

well if you'd read literally any of the news coverage regarding this, you'd see that many of the indicted individuals were those who paid bribes, not just those who solicited or accepted them

I get all of my information exclusively from this thread which is why I'm convinced Blatter did nothing wrong.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

What's an ethnic sport

It's for poors and brown people.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Yes but how will they justify holding the Copa America there?

Copa (Death To) America.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jack Warner set to be extradited to the US.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/21/jack-warner-fifa-extradition-us-step-closer

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

fun fact: i was literally born in the same town as sepp blatter.

We know.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kwagga posted:

big fan of kyoto sexdolphin

EDM's new book is weird.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I dunno if this holds up because

first of all there were four rounds of voting so if anybody was seriously worried about how bad the bid was they might have switched their vote after it became clear Qatar had bribed everybody else too, and second of all there were three people who originally voted for South Korea who switched their votes to Qatar rather than the US despite the clear terribleness of the bid.

I'm sure wikipedia will hold up well in the court of law.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

While that is form Wikipedia, that is absolutely how the voting went when they counted the votes each round publicly.

So it would appear that Qatar won the vote fair and square, I think we're done here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

If Sepp dies this will all have been for nothing. Plug that man into a hospital and sustain him until he gets locked up.

Username/post combo.