Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So I tried to join a mission and now it's hanging on the satellite view.

I'm going to lose all my progress and my lovingly crafted Omar Little character, right? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Managed to keep my character, but it ate two levels, a couple grand and my modded car. Now I'm out twenty grand to get back where I was. And I just died in a hail of bullets because my character couldn't get in his car after a robbery, the animation kept glitching.

Sure would be nice to not basically be a beta tester. I mean, yeah, I've had plenty of fun so far - missions and roaming is a hoot, deathmatch sucks, haven't found a single soul willing to race - but goddamn are there a lot of bugs still, not even counting the server issues. I've seen cars blink out of existence close-up, trucks rotating halfway in the ground which then exploded, floating peds and more. I'm sure it'll be ironed out eventually.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

awesome-express posted:

Third Street Goons are reppin'

Hey, that's me! :woop:

Thanks for all the help with Violent Duct, I now have a lovely apartment. I had to quit because I ran out of ammo and wanted to save my cash.

Then the garage ate my fully modded car as punishment for grinding. :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:siren: If your garage is full don't replace something with a modded car, it will lose all mods every single time. Lost like 30 grand this way. :siren:

So, anyway, the Luxor just does not agree with me. Did a plane race with Third Street Goons, first in a stunt plane and placed second to last, while everyone was crashing their Luxors but still getting ahead, picked that plane next round and I must've crashed like 20 times in a row.

Also played No Hay Bronca, where everyone died but KillerKatten, who I watched expertly taking out the remaining gang members with his lovely pistol and blowing up the cars, but when he was at the very last one he stood too close to the explosion.

:negative:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 6, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MrJacobs posted:

Uh, both my cars still have armor and my sports car still has the la cucaracha horn I bought for it. Though I did have the issue where the cloud did eat one of my cars, it was simple enough to get a new one.

I meant to say, if your garage is full and you need to replace a car, the one you enter will lose all mods.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Remember when everyone was all, "This is an online launch like all others, give it a try when everyone isn't trying to get on at the same time. :rolleyes:"? :lol:

Kloaked00 posted:

So if I don't have a garage or apartment yet, and I want to switch my main car, can I just steal a new one drive it to an auto body place and put the tracker and insurance on the new one?

Yes.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I never got the option to redo my character. How does it work?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Avalanche posted:

Also, for anyone wondering how the 1 time character appearance change works at level 6:
a)Hit level 6+
b)Log out of game/turn xbox off
c)Next time you login you will be forced to either change your character, or keep it as is. There is no way to 'save up' your character appearance change token for a later date which kinda sucks. (Unless of course, you decide to keep your Xbox on 24/7 and never logout of GTAO at least until the servers crash.)

I'm level 19 and never got this.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Why is there always at least one idiot who hasn't figured out voting? Or is this a new type of griefing?

[quote="Intrepid00"post="420279686"]
Mod shops and stores is a good place to go away from the controller if they camp you in. I'll go take a piss or something.
[/quote]

Be sure to stand away from the doors in stores, though, they're not bullet-proof.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Intrepid00 posted:

Also I just can't find how to restart a mission on Xbox.

When voting like/dislike, hit RT after it shows "Continue". It doesn't work with spectators or if a majority picks continue.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:siren: You can use all weapons from, say, a Maverick if you approach the slide door and double-tap Y. This is also how you latch onto SUVs, probably. :siren:

Lanth posted:

And SplitSoul, I am usually a better driver than that, honest! :rice:

It was fun while it lasted, but I now know that Cargobobs are rank-specific spawns. I'm amazed at how long we survived at Fort Zancudo, though.

Also felt pretty badass to whack that guy at the edge of the map from a helicopter.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Suggestion: Also kick out anyone defending Carmaine ruining the coordinated fun. :D

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ragle posted:

I'm up to around $250k banked, is there a consensus on the best apartment to buy? I read something about the high-end apartments being the same inside, if that's true above what approximate price point are the interiors identical?

It goes by garage slots, I think, so three different ones.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think they just nerfed ducts. Only $3k reward now :lol:

Sure you're not just playing on an easier difficulty or something? If not, noooooooooo...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I've hit level 12 and never once been asked to change my character's appearance. Where was it supposed to happen? Can I trigger it manually?

You need to pick your character from the menu to get that option.

And be careful, I got rid of my Omar Little in favour of Raoul Duke, only for him to come out completely different and then realise there's not a single Acapulco shirt in Online. Now I'm a lovely Tyler Durden, but at least I got the outfit right. :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Haggis Heed posted:

Goons turning on goons.

Had a laugh with a couple of guys from Third Street Goons tonight.

Basically me and TrashSenior ran into a group of guys and started a shoot out. While in cover I inadvertently pistol wiped TrashSenior and killed him.

One of the other guys that I killed put a 7k bounty on me. And TrashSenior killed me and took it.

I couldn't decide wether that was poo poo or wether it was payback for me killing him by mistake.

Later, we team up again and bump into Cake or death (I think that was his name). We total a car and are in the middle of a field together. TrashSenior straight out punches me cause I flipped the bird at him. So I shoot him dead.

Cake Or Death, obviously thinking I've turned on our goon crew pistol whips me, so I pistol whip him back and it turns into a flat out hilarious pistol whip to the death contest (which I won :) ). I was in tears of laughter at the situation.

We were men and put our differences aside. And continued on.

I got in on the fun as well, had a total blast. I was amazed my personal car could still drive after all of that. Sorry about driving the car straight into the river that one time, but the shootout with the cops was awesome.

Then I stupidly joined Violent Duct with goddamn free aim and was unable to get back into your session. :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The bad sport poo poo is probably to prevent people who've unlocked RPGs, GLs and miniguns from completely ruining everyone else's fun in free roam. You can at least survive the other weapons in your car. It's not a great way of handling it, obviously, but you'll probably be thankful once more people hit the higher levels, I know I will.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Feenix posted:

Anyone else annoyingly experiencing worlds where like 3 types of cars spawn only?

I've experienced this several times, where the streets are practically empty most of the time and only three different cars spawn. Maybe it's dependent on where the action is?

Rapdawg posted:

Cool. Any reason that my store holdups are checked off with a green mark? I think I'm going to hit them all.

They can recognise you if you return without a mask. Eventually they might fire on sight.

Always wear a mask, you can remove a wanted star when police are in search mode by taking it off again.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A couple of question:

- If I sell a modded car, will I be reimbursed for all the mods?
- Does it take the 50% reimbursement from my old apartment into account when I buy a new one, or do I need the full amount in the bank?
- Which 10-car apartment has the best location in terms of Los Santos Customs, Ammu-Nation and helipads?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

JGBeagle posted:

Seriously, what is up with the loving kicking

I think "You have been kicked..." is still a standard error message for a lost connection for some reason.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the HVY Cutter in Online? If so, I know what I'll be doing for a while. :unsmigghh:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'd be careful with that money exploit further up, you might get dunced permanently or worse for it once Rockstar catches on. I imagine they have access to everyone's transaction records.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Budget Dracula posted:

Is the body armor in ammunation just for looks? I am always wearing it but it never looks like my armor bar is filled up and I always have to buy armor for missions.

Only the heaviest armour fills up the bar completely.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Funkmaster General posted:

Anyone know of any super cars with lots of customization options?

There's a list here:

http://gta.wikia.com/Los_Santos_Customs

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is there any way to unfuck emblems? I've seen screenshots of the proper BOSS one, but for me it's always some messed up yellow image.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nobody answered, so I'll try again: My emblem is a garbled, yellow mess, instead of the proud purple BOSS eagle. Is there any way to fix this?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Slayer1597 posted:

There is a post about this on the Rockstar Forums, involving stuff like reinstalling the patch and clearing your cache. I advise on waiting it out.

Yeah, not doing that. But thanks.

no more books posted:

What's everyone's opinons on free aim vs. assisted aiming? I turned on free aim a while ago because I was kind of soured by the idea of people auto aim killing me as a I drove by, but the more missions I play with free aim the more I'm convinced this game was just balanced with assisted aiming in mind. I don't think I'll ever be able to kill 15+ NPCs with insane accuracy and impeccable situational awareness in the dark while I'm using free aim

I once joined a goon on Violent Duct and it switched me to free aim.

Never again.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So I finally upgraded to the 3 Alta Apt. 57 or whatever, and every time I try to watch TV I get a black screen. The game is still running, but the only way to get out of it is to try to join another session through the 360 friend system (Start does nothing), back out, which has me stuck on the couch, then Start and join a new session. What the hell? I just threw away several grand on a bounty that I never got to see hunted down.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

You know, while bunnyhopping is a fairly standard tactic in online games these days, I had never thought I'd see it in GTA:O. In a race. With a supercar. But there he was, some hacker, bouncing his merry way to a win on The Commute.

:psyduck:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Woodburger posted:

Up until today I believed I wasn't going to do the car selling glitch and that I could just make money the normal way. After running enough missions to get about $200k then losing all of it trying to have fun killing pubbies I have decided I no longer care. I did it with the free Elegy until I could afford a more expensive car and when I get back from class I'm going to have a great time NOT getting pissed that in 10 minutes I lost 3 hours of work.

How did you manage to get killed 100 times in 10 minutes?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Woodburger posted:

Excuse me for exaggerating slightly :rolleyes:

Okay, how did you manage to get killed ~100 times in x hours? I mean, you have to really put an effort into being terrible to use up 200k in one play session, even if you top off the most expensive ammo and blow up personal cars, which you shouldn't be doing anyway. I'm just sayin'...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pubbie racing in three easy steps:

- The Commute with super cars, no traffic, no cops, catch-up on, custom cars on.
- 16 racers get into a big clusterfuck of somersaults and pirouettes within the first twenty yards. One guy in his souped up Entity makes it out unscathed and wins.
- Repeat for hours with no variation.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Go to LifeInvader through your Social Club page, stalk the various businesses on there, receive one-time discounts.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm glad that R¤¢₭$₮¤r€ lowered the medical costs and I can't really muster any anger at the decision to halve mission payout on replays. I think a lot of people probably got too comfortable with the idea of grinding hundreds of thousands and what this would afford them.

Earwicker posted:

I honestly don't see the problem with this.

When enough people unlocked miniguns, grenade launchers and RPGs, free roam would just be insufferable. Any enjoyment would be dependent on rolling with friends or crew at all times. I'm not opposed to implementing separate lobbies for that stuff, though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Earwicker posted:

I don't know I feel like the world is big enough that it's pretty easy to find huge areas of the map that aren't full of people constantly blowing each other up if that's not your thing. In my admittedly limited experience with Online so far, most of that stuff is concentrated in a few parts of LS proper and it's pretty fast and easy to just drive to an area that's not full of players if you want to rob stores or steal cars or do whatever else without getting shot at.

Yeah, except you always respawn close to where you died and are visible on the minimap. Players with RPGs or Buzzards would just lock down others with ease, and it'd be even harder to escape if two or more were cooperating. The Bad Sport system needs some refinement for sure, but there needs to be something to prevent endless griefing.

Masa posted:

Has anyone else been finding it almost impossible to find good races the last few days? Every race I join is 1 lap, catchup on, traffic off, supercar bullshit on either one of the two short downtown tracks, Criminal Records, or The Commute that everybody always votes to replay. Yesterday I probably spent more time on matchmaking and joining lobbies rather than actually racing, and the game got stuck loading endlessly one of the few times I was actually able to get a decent amount of people when I was hosting :bang:

Yep. I've had much more fun racing SUVs than that endless Commute super car bullshit.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 18, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I have yet to try a GTA race, it always dumps me in a normal one when I quick join. :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Das Butterbrot posted:

Special Agent Dan deals in VERY special operations:

(Might've been the laggy servers today that caused me to be able to walk around underwater w/ unlimited air, but you might be able to reproduce it: I jumped my car into the water and dived down to the ground, then got hit by my sinking car on the ocean floor, which triggered the "oh god i fell down and need to get back up" animation, which in turn triggered the glitch I think.)

I ended up here by jumping over a wall and landing in the marina.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So are more people playing with assisted aim rather than traditional GTA?

MacheteZombie posted:

I love how their patch notes don't mention these nerfs either.

It's likely because those adjustments are server-side.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone tell me why I can't buy an apartment(Majestic something) even though I have more than enough? Known bug?

Have you banked the money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm addicted to modding vehicles. Is there a complete list of which cars have aesthetic mods available and maybe pictures of what they look like?

• Locked thread