Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wonder if they're going to go with the 'daddy issues' aspect of Ultron and have him kidnap Pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

twistedmentat posted:

I honestly felt the Gem was doing something to cause it.

Also Starlord and Gamoras :stare: face after that was pretty hilarious.

I was thinking about how great it will be to see the Guardians meet the Avengers.

I am Groot
I am hulk
:fistbump:

Also Quill and Stark will get a long very well.

I want the final battle to be planned out by Cap and Rocket. Just complete tactical mastery of the situation

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It makes the most 'sense' for Hawkeye to die because he has had the least amount of character development of any member of the Avengers. Not to mention with 3 new members being added, having one less makes the movie seem less overcrowded.

Also what the gently caress is a guy with arrows going to do against Thanos

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Madkal posted:

As someone alluded to earlier, here is not-Hawkeye vs not-Thanos

I can see why they want an Antman movie so badly now.

Isn't antman only capable of shrinking to the size of...an ant? Photons are a whole different scale there.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

achillesforever6 posted:

Watching the final battle I could see why they went with the Nova Corp using ships since having them flying around with lazer hands would be pretty hectic to show on film.

It would also really show up the guardians when there is an entire army of dudes who can fly, shoot lasers and have super strength. The kids in the audience would be going "Why isn't the movie about those guys??"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I've always thought Rogue would make a good solo superheroine movie. The super-powered kickass southern belle version, not whatever we got in the Xmen films.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

greatn posted:

My question was more what movies with a female less could Marvel make apart from captain Marvel, I think all those other characters named so far belong to other studios.

Abigail Brand? Assuming she doesn't fall under the X-Men contract since she's a mutant

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

e X posted:

The thing that really took of in the 90's, television-wise, was anime, so we can certainly look forward to that.

Yes, bring on the depressing Robotech movie where 90% of the earth gets wiped out!

edit: oh wait, I guess that was 80s too

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 12, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sarchasm posted:

It means that he's always angry. He only Hulks out when he loses his temper, but the anger to fuel that temper is always there. All he has to do is let it happen.

That was my interpretation, anyway. There's no point where they sit down and make that explicit.

Yeah he's probably constantly suppressing the urge to hulk out. When he gets really stressed out it, he loses control like when he jumps out of the helicopter or when hawkeye blows up the helicarrier engine.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The real magic tech in Thor's movies is how those little pieces of his armor sleeves seem to come out of nowhere and magic themselves together on to his arm :colbert:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't care if they say "Avengers Assemble" or not. Iconic battlecry or not, it would be kind of awkward to say out loud unless it's over a radio to call the team together or something. Also if anybody is saying it, it's Cap. What's wrong with you people.

Thor's Ultron line can definitely work (and needs to happen IMO). I'm not entirely convinced Hemsworth can deliver it properly, but I didn't think they could pull off a Thor movie either.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 21, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know, Ant-man is probably not going to make money with the way its development is going.

I don't think so. I think Marvel has proven their movie formula works for producing at the very least, a decent super hero movie that will turn a profit.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Iron Man 2 really is the worst for a lot of reasons. Hardly any (good) action, a good 20-30 minutes is basically an advertisement for the Avengers, the 'sins of the father' subplot turns out to be completely whitewashed as the Stark family is just flawlessly sinless. They also more or less completely ignore any kind of growth Stark had in the first movie.

Also the various branches of the US military/HammerCorp get the tech to build iron man drones and no mention of this is ever made again.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I think the most impressive thing about that video is that they somehow found enough footage to fill a more than two hour video of Loki

edit: oh I guess large parts of it are just scenes from Thor 1 and 2 that don't actually include Loki

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

theflyingorc posted:

The reason was they didn't have time in the Avengers to really deal with a major plot point from Thor.

I don't recall that being said in Thor 2, but regardless - that's a huge disrespect for the end of Thor. Thor is sacrificing his chance of EVER seeing her again. It's established that breaking the bridge cuts them off from Earth forever.

People said this in the first Thor movie thread too and I still don't get it. Why would they be cut off forever? They built the thing, couldn't they just build another one?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

twistedmentat posted:

I'm rewatching Avengers for the millionith time, and when I first saw it, I thought that Thor super charging Iron Man was going to come back into play. Like at the end when they are fighting the big battle Thor would supercharge it again, and Tony would destroy a big chunk of the Chitauri.

But they already did a pointless-but-cool-looking move with Iron Man bouncing his repulsors off Cap's shield.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hope they make him creepy as gently caress and have the audience question why the Avengers would trust a robot made by another (murderous) robot

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Codependent Poster posted:

616 Cap will kill people if he has to. He's a soldier. But he won't assassinate someone or kill a person if he can avoid it, or if they're not a threat. None of them would like a murder squad.

Yeah the sequence on the ship at the beginning is a good example; there's a dude reaching for a fire alarm and Cap had a knife in his hand. He could have thrown the knife into the dude's throat or aimed for the heart, but he threw the knife at his hand and just knocked him out instead.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Retardog posted:

Avengers 3: The Infinity Gauntlet Saga Part One
Guardians of the Galaxy 3: The Infinity Gauntlet Saga Part Two

Or if they could somehow work magic and have Avengers 3 start out on Earth and end with a showdown (with the GotG) against Thanos and GotG 3 would start out in space and ends with a showdown(with the Avengers) against Thanos.

Basically the same story but from two different perspectives.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Best Marvel Studios movie, definitely

I have to agree. Winter Soldier nailed Cap's character perfectly and was just a good movie in general

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ImpAtom posted:

It seems remarkably unlikely considering we see Iron Man suiting up inside the Hulkbuster.

We also see Ultron controlling his armor in the very same trailer??

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

redbackground posted:

What if Ultron wanted people to think Tony was inside? It's a very public setting...

Or most importantly, he wants Hulk to think Tony is attacking him

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lurdiak posted:

The ears sticking out of the helmet look really weird. Like, try and imagine Batman trying to pull that off.

It would look weird on Batman cause he already has the bat ears. I think it looks fine on Cap. Or maybe I'm just biased cause his Avenger suit had his ears covered and that suit looks so bad, especially right next to his other suits like that.

His WW2 suit still owns though

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This is basically my first exposure to Benedict Cumberbatch and about all I know of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GnLDJAgrws

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BrianWilly posted:

Bonus scene from Age of Ultron shown today.

Can't really tell what that first line is, but heyyyy~

Stark says "Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Seeing Black Bolt scream is going to be amazing, though. And I'd really be interesting in the Illuminati forming but Reed Richards seems so fundamental to that team, dammit

Illuminati on screen would be amazing, especially if they adapted the 'Everything dies' story arc.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mr.capps posted:

My biggest problem with the tornado scene wasn't that Superman let him died but that Pa Kent faded into the tornado.

Like he literally just turned into a force ghost and disappear into the twister.
Clearly they were setting up Red Tornado's origin story for when he appears in the Justice League movie

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

but not a lovely dog owner

I don't know, he did forget the dog in the back of the car in the first place.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Josh Lyman posted:

90% of it is CGI.

Really? Is most of the movie in microscopic size then?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm willing to excuse Raimi of a lot of sins since he also gave us the awesome Spiderman vs Doc Ock fight, which was probably the best superhero fight put to screen until Cap vs Winter solider like ten years later.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think Wolverine comments shortly after that that the X-Men are lucky Spidey doesn't kill because he could've killed every single one of them. One of my favorite Spidey fight scenes and shows that while he isn't always the fastest or strongest or most agile out there, his unique combination of abilities, spider sense, and his unorthodox fighting style makes him an unpredictable foe.

I vaguely remember a comic where someone (Wolverine?) is trying to prevent Spiderman from escaping something and his internal monologue is basically how screwed he is because Spiderman has gone up against guys like the Hulk and the Juggernaut and nobody has ever managed to squish the bug.

If they ever do get Spiderman in one of the Avengers movies it'd be great to have a Spidey-fan pandering scene where he basically clowns the entire team.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 15, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Esroc posted:

I never liked that X-Men was contained in the same Universe as the rest of Marvel anyways. It made no sense that Mutants were persecuted with extreme hatred but super-powered people that weren't Mutants were adored as heroes. Or that anyone could even tell them apart. How could Joe Nobody know that Spider-Man and Captain America aren't Mutants? It's not like their origins are public knowledge. Heroes don't go around telling everyone they meet how they got their powers unless they're Reed Richards.

I'm pretty sure people do hate/distrust Spider Man and Captain America's origin is public knowledge, not to mention he canonically punched Hitler in the face and is a war hero.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Magneto Rex posted:

...who is the Colossus turtle?

I think that's supposed to be Metalhead

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Also I don't think Dr Doom was always a ruler of his own country, was he?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Wouldn't he just be able to break out of the vacuum cleaner? It's not like hes sucking him into the phantom zone

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hasn't Stark also always been portrayed as a womanizer though? I've always thought Stark was basically Bruce Wayne but instead of being an act, he's actually like that.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I think a lot of love for Guardians is that recent superhero movies before it were all kind of downers; Superman snaps his first supervillian's neck and thousands of people die, Gwen Stacy is killed, partially because of Spiderman's actions, Cap finds out his childhood friend is a brainwashed assassin and the government is secretly nazis.

Then GotG comes along and is just like "lets hold hands and defeat evil through the power of friendship" and its just great.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gambit has a lot of goodwill from the 90's cartoon series where he was probably the coolest male character that wasn't Wolverine. Probably cooler than him actually

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

zoux posted:

Haha I think Marvel knows how to market thier movies guys.

No, marvel's empire is now crumbling because of two trailers
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Leonardo was my favorite cause blue is my favorite color :geno:

• Locked thread