Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I wish we had a larger emphasis on ECM jammers. I've been wanting to fly a blackbird for some time but the closes thing to a fit in the wiki is from 12/2012 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

In large fleets the Celestis is superior in every way and in small gangs people mostly trust that you can figure out a fit for yourself.

Something like

code:
[Blackbird, Small Gang]
Damage Control II
'Hypnos' Signal Distortion Amplifier I
'Hypnos' Signal Distortion Amplifier I

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
'Umbra' White Noise ECM

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
is probably fine. You can drop whichever jammer you think will be least useful (probably Amarr) for another shield extender or swap out the rigs for more jam strength, you're still going to be made of paper either way though. High slots are whatever you want.
Cool.

I've got a hull in I30, I'll see if I can get it looking like an actual fit.

Ty sir.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

ChickenWing posted:

Self destruct, apply to Waffe, pod to VFK.

Join Theta, if you're light in the pockets we can at least get you some startup cash.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I used to drunk dial my WoW buddies all the time. 2008-2010 was probably pretty rough for their sleep.

poo poo was awesome.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Frkzd posted:

I honestly read as much as I could (post-fail). The second post details SA requirements, which seem irrelevant with sponsorship, but I didn't want to assume anything after screwing it up.

Meanwhile, I'm content with skilling & posting until I can re-apply. Thanks for clarifying.

People around here will literally poo poo their pants if you drop internet memes (fail, wtf, owned, etc) and cutesy language. They pride themselves on being very serious adults and part time e-spaceship pilots, you see.

Also, there's a shitload more to somethingawful than spaceships.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Bedshaped posted:

You're all despicable.

I'm pretty sure I don't like you.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Smash: American Hero.

I'm having strange urges to log in recently. I think it's due to the fact that my HDD failed and I only have 100mb of space left on my SSD.

drat my apathy.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

So, back to spaceships, how do I assertively combat bad comms discipline without sounding like a total dickhead? I want people to listen to me when I give orders but I don't want to be that guy, but I want to shut this stuff down quickly before we do some serious elite pvp in the next couple of weeks.

Screaming "Shut the gently caress up, you fat nerd" is always a crowdpleaser.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Probably a spy. Just shoot anyway.

What's the worst that could go wrong, you'll alpha his ... carrier?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

dialhforhero posted:

I use my mousewheel button as my push to talk. I have also used the 'back' button on my mouse as push-to-talk for fps games (I use a Logitech MX518 -- aka the best mouse in the world).

The one and only truth.

I'm on my second one. My first was bought in 2004-5. If I would have known that Logitech would throw away the best thing they have ever created, I would have purchased more in bulk.

Conversation over. The clear winner has arrived.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
What about having a tf2-style setup:

1 Bomber
1 BS
2 Interceptors
2 Cruisers
1 BC
2 Logi

Fit for Ewar or whatever.
Again, this could be utterly retarded, but I'd be interested in how it would work out.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I would be concerned about headshotting the logi, but I guess that would happen anyway. A lucky MJD smartbomb jump into the frigs would be really funny though.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

fordan posted:

True it's not your bank website, at the same time it is a game where someone faking out a SSL cert to gain access would be admired as good spying.

However, Solo did broadcast that this was coming; our renewal cert is being held up at brand verification since we're apparently known as a bunch of scammers, so I wouldn't worry about the warning.

I have no clue how they would get such an idea.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Angry Fish posted:

I might actually resub and try industry one day, now that I understand it isn't for only the masochists anymore.

War deployment? Pshhhh

Wait, they upgraded industry!? :awesome:

I don't understand some people (no offense meant).

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

orange juche posted:

When can I dock in your station?

Security Clearance Code: y1Ff

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Boiled Water posted:

If it doesn't just don't bother even if you're named something incredibly stupid.

My main character is named Dream Raven. When I post on GF dot com it says Dream Raven.

Spooge McGee reporting in.

Never not stupid name yourself.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
There's a 5ZXX standing fleet most of the time.

E:F,B

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I think for a moment we forgot about force projection, PLEX prices, and ishtar supremacy. Let's get back on topic, ladies.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
TMC: A site that rewards sperglord writers as they shitpost with a theme. I'm not sure how 'up in arms' I'm ready to get about that.

Find something new to be mad about, ladies.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Would a Nestor be a viable travel companion to an incursion fleet? Swap to travel fit in an instant, bring baltec fits along with you. Might be a pretty good pal to have around. Is it at all competitive compared to a scimi for shield transfers?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Let's all move into WH. Run that poo poo into the ground.

I'd like to see a larger harassment contingent for random nullsec areas, with no way for enemies to retaliate other than trying to evict the cfc.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Deadclown posted:

It's been awhile so I thought I would give you guys a bit of an update on my eve career so far.

I have trained up into a Vexor as we have quite a few VNI fleets in the UNI low sec campus , and because I can't afford a VNI yet , I fly the cheap version.

The vexor has also become my main isk maker in eve as I use it for belt ratting. I had some incredible luck though , I was warping to a belt on friday and there was a mordus something something sitting in the belt.

Thinking this was similar to the clone soldier transporter ships that normally drop around 18mill in loot, I launched my drones and started shooting at it. Turns out they are a quite a bit stronger and my vexor exploded fairly fast (nobody told me rats can stop you from warping off). Long story short , some eve UNI guys came and helped the second time round and it dropped a orthrus blueprint worth 400mill!

Now that I have some isk I have been trying some solo pvp in the medium and small sites, and even though I haven't killed anybody yet while solo , I got one guy down to 40% structure. This seems to be what the game is about and the blood really starts to flow before once you click that "activate gate" button.

I hate every single way of making isk in this game(that I have found so far), and I have started hating parts of the game because it forces me to to boring crap to fund the PVP which I am loving. Luckily the blueprint isk is going to last for quite some time considering the ships I fly cost between 2-10mill.

TL;DR
I am rich now, I still suck at eve but getting better

I'm glad you're having fun. You'll be sniping punk bitches at 130km with an ishtar in no-time.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
What was the problem with the old Wiki? Everything is out of date, but that can be fixed. At least I could tab search it. gently caress you confluence.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

ullerrm posted:

Yup, and that scuttling is actually something that gets emphasized for the wrong reasons. It wasn't a show of bravado.

Cortes was playing a legal game at this point -- his boss had withdrawn permission for him to go to Mexico (something about Cortes loving his sister), and was planning to send some scrub that would be easier to control instead. Cortes responded by having that scrub killed, and took out his armada without official permission. He was technically a mutineer when he landed in Mexico.

He knew that if he returned to Cuba, he'd be hung for mutiny. So, he got a town to declare him as a ruler, making him technically nobility -- authority now descended directly from the crown, instead of passing through Velazquez. Scuttling the ships ensured that anyone loyal to Velazquez wouldn't return to Cuba.

By becoming independent, Cortes denied Velazquez of most of the rewards for the conquest of Mexico.

BUT DID HE WRITE THE FIRST LETTER!?

DEAR GOD, DID HE!?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yep. History is pretty rad :allears:

If you like this, research how he explained being a petulant dick away to the crown.

"Oh, so... you didn't get the memo?" was basically his get-out-of-jail-free card.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
If I wanted to use a Tengu as my swiss army knife ship for WH exploration, what would you guys suggest that I fit, and what should I have in my cargo? I'm having a tough time prioritizing.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
What's a good read to better understand subsystem meta? I am very new to t3 and very bad at this game.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Siets posted:

This was me actually that noted this. I lost multiple Manticores to Gallente FW mission before finally going "gently caress this" and unsubbing the alt account.

I had pretty good skills on my bomber. T2 torps, AWU IV, max shield skills, level 4 missile support skills, etc. I felt it was almost near the tippy-top of what you could do with a bomber alt. The fit I used was the same fit as in the OP of the FW Boogaloo thread or whatever.

The problem with Gallente FW missions is the jamming rats. Even at 80-90 km range with an ECCM II fit, the rats would still successfully jam me and shut off my DPS juuuuust long enough for the tackling frigates to close onto me. Once you get tackled, you're basically hosed since you can't escape them fast enough to escape all the incoming DPS. I lost maybe three Manticores this way before giving up and decided it was no longer worth the effort.

What I imagine you could try is some kind of cap-stable MWD fit that allows you to race the tackling frigates and slowly plink them down with torpedoes (heh.) While this would in theory work, in practice it would be extremely slow-going and soul-crushing (at least for me.)

Why not fly an assault frig?

I'm not trying to troll if it's a dumb question, I legitimately wondered this.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I've got my freighter alt trained.

Sadly, I can't afford the actual ship though :(

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Anybody that doesn't dual tank and mix guns is a fool. :colbert:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

zombie303 posted:

"Who decloaked me?"

He never cloaked.

This is my favorite.

"I swear to god if you retards aren't sitting by me on-station in NOL I'm going to start calling primaries."

Calling that out from the F2OY undock.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
You're all ruining my immersion.

I pretend he's a rogue drone with a better budget.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

R-Type posted:

My tangirene dream is that all of you die at the sweaty cheeto stained fat hands of Replicator. I hope he he shitbombs your titans with gimmacky frigates, as this is how this game is rolling. I hope he murders you on TIDI, and the mods lol their asses off as thy deny your ship loss because you are a loving goon.

K bro? Did we miss sommen there mang?

K

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I find your theories fascinating, do you have any other wisdom to drop on us?

I'm sure he's got a full spectrum to drop on us.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

Ullerrm we miss your blog posts about obscure but interesting Eve things. Come back.

Don't make two of us beg.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Ynglaur posted:

This is kind of adorable, really.

I want them to succeed. Prime hunting for someone as bad at pvp as I am.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Swolesquad Saladsquad.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Why did I receive 3.65mil isk by a "GM Cash Transfer"?

I haven't logged in to do anything in like 4 days.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

autism chariot posted:

Well I think FCON just declared war. I can't say that I'd be sorry about that. Mind you, If I saw Mittens in his pod I'd probably have to have a go. :getin:

I imagine the line of succession looks like a bunch of fat sweaty neckbearded EVE goons btw.

I doubt you'd be the first blue to take pot-shots at Mittani.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Major Spag posted:

Christ people. YES this is likely what I am going to do from here on out. I'm just complaining over jump fatigue and that CCP was a bit retarded when they implemented the feature.

Jesus gently caress.

I, too, am confused as to why everyone has to point out the obvious when you were complaining about a loss of convenience.

• Locked thread