Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Lets see what the Chiefs have up their sleeve.....

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor

#Chiefs’ free agency tracker: Sources say Chiefs have interest in Hester, Avant

Cool, can either of them play Right Guard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

Alex Smith needs weapons!!!! dave toub does too I guess
I guess Avant does make sense because they do need receivers and he'll probably sign a minimum contract. Hester? They're dumb if he gets anything over a mil.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

"Man Denver sure has been making some moves. Lets see what the Chiefs have done in response."

Oh :smith:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

The last time Andy Reid went big in free agency he (reportedly) hated the moves and then we got burned hard by Samuel, Asomugha, DRC, etc. Come to think of it, all the big name free agency stuff Reid did here in Philly usually was a disaster, he's probably sworn off it!
I don't think anyone is expecting Reid and Dorsey to break the bank this year, but they don't have enough draft picks to fill every hole. :shobon:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Jerome Agricola posted:

When you've been married for awhile, you get used to your wife not understanding you.
Hehheh yeah man. Women <:shobon:>

E: Looks like I did miss a part in that first post. :smith: Disregard my terrible post.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 12, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Anyways, looks like Reid is bringing in Joe Mays for a visit. I don't know anything about him outside of the one game where he killed Tony Moeaki. Is he at least a passable run defender?

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 12, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ozu posted:

Every single FA yesterday aside from Verner was overpaid.
It seems Arizona got a fantastic price for Veldheer and the Broncos for TJ Ward.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I was expecting to be mad about a lot more players Denver signed today but, what the gently caress Oakland :stare:

Mitch Holthus seems to think the Chiefs are about to bring in a "big named" free agent offensive lineman. If I had to guess, I'd say it will be Oher.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

quote:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders heads to KC to visit the #Chiefs tomorrow, according to a source.

Please don't let him leave without a contract Dorsey.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Butthead posted:

That's not how free agency works either. A proven player isn't really proven until he performs well in your system. The Broncos system is as far apart from the Jets system as possible, but the Jets are paying him like he's in the Broncos system.

He is still just as big of a risk as the rookies, only he costs more and he is older.
I'd say he's a much lower risk than a drafted WR. If the Jets were able to develop one, this wouldn't even be a thing really.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

quote:

Emmanuel Sanders - WR - Steelers
ESPN reports free agent Emmanuel Sanders may not receive the long-term contract he wants due to medical concerns regarding his feet.
Sanders has a screw in each of his feet and was limited by a foot injury the last two months of 2014. He is reportedly looking for something close to the five-year, $31 million, $13 million guaranteed deal Golden Tate received from the Lions, but his injury history should put that kind of money out of reach. Sanders may have to settle for a one or two-year deal. He is our No. 5 remaining free-agent wide receiver.

Yeah I can't see Emmanuel Sanders getting that much. If that's what he wants, KC is gonna let him walk.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If his feet checked out fine, I could see him fetching 5 per year. Chiefs can't afford it unless it's a completely backloaded deal.

Also seems the Vance Walker signing is official finally. He had 43 QB pressures to Tyson Jackson's 8 in 2013. :laugh:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Walker is a huuuge upgrade over TJax
They got him for less than what TJax got from Atlanta, too.

Can't really complain about the Chiefs FA moves (well outside of letting Schwartz walk away). Reid and Dorsey haven't done anything beyond retarded like the 4 million Dunta got a year ago.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Toymachine posted:

I can't believe you guys let both your awesome guards go. What if Fisher ends up being a liability at LT?
Well it actually made sense to let Asamoah walk. He turned into a liability when the Chiefs switched from zone blocking to a power blocking scheme and I really have no idea why the hell they let Schwartz go. He was good and he should of been kept.

Fisher could end up being a big liability at LT, but I did see enough to at least think there's some hope for him after a full off-season and recovering from all his injuries. If he still sucks, Alex is gonna die.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

excidium posted:

No news on Emmanuel Sanders leaving KC yet, so I guess that's good. Being the last real speed guy available in FA I'd really like the Chiefs to work something out with him.
He left for SF.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Amazing.

loving amazing.

Packer execs who go elsewhere flounder. TT really is THAT good apparently. Peppers could fail entirely, have no sacks, do nothing at all, and the Packers are STILL sticking it to a division rival. It's almost incredible.
The Chiefs went 11-5 last year, so I really wouldn't consider John Dorsey to be failing.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress you Denver

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress football ya'll

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Eh, Schefter's been wrong about KC before so maybe.

Nah, not going to happen, but unless he's just a jerk I would think this means it isn't a done deal.
Schefter is well connected with anything involving Denver, so I'd say it's going to happen.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Toymachine posted:

According to overthecap.com, the Raiders still have $51 million left in salary cap after all their signings. They are projected to be $90 mil under the cap in 2015.

:staredog:

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Raiders
If they are actually keeping this updated during the weekend, the Raiders have more than 51 million left.

https://nflplayers.com/reports/public-salary-cap.htm

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This guy probably wonders why he only had 3 clients when he goes to sleep. :shobon:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Maybe he took barber recommendations from Davis?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'd like to see how Denver didn't know about this. :shobon:

quote:

@1_ChiefsKingdom: Apparently Sanders agent provided TB, Denver & SF scanned copies of the contract agreement the Chiefs prepared after they reached agreement

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Rap posted:

That's the account of a Chiefs fan group, sounds about as reliable as Incarcerated Rob, Bob's knockoff
Cool story, but it's actually a very reliable source from Tampa that has broken a lot of things about the Chiefs first.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Homestar Runner posted:

Is this really any different from any number of scenarios in which players visit other teams solely for leverage on $$/yr though? I mean, other than Sanders taking a deal that he decided was better after all?
If he and his agent just took what the Chiefs were offering and shopped it around, that's fine and it happens all the time really. Coming to terms of a contract with a team than coming to terms of a contract with another team a few hours later is kind of hosed up.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Rap posted:

Link me to the Twitter page then because I'm getting this: https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom

Glad you liked my story
You're not going to find it on his personal twitter page, as he was a lot more active during the end of the Pioli era and was posting what he knew on the SaveOurChiefs account.

If you really want people to vouch, go here and ask people if he's a hack: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/index.php

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

What fallacy is it when you appeal to something no one gives anywhere near enough of a gently caress to investigate?
Apparently Rap gives a gently caress for some reason. :shrug:

MartyMac leaked a bunch of info about Pioli/Crennel and the Chiefs trying to trade for Tony Gonzalez last year. He has a good source (whoever it is) and it's basically not something lifted from a random fans twitter account. This is dumb and I'm not really going to drag this along any further.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 17, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Philly is offering DeSean Jackson for a 3rd round pick. You hear that, Panthers?
This is one of those times where it's good to have John Dorsey around to talk Andy out of making a move like this.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BlindSite posted:

If they Panthers had cap space it would be a great idea, but they cant afford the 20 mill over the next two years.
Same reason for the Chiefs. They are only sitting on about 5 million in space now and are already minus a 2nd round pick, which isn't good with the holes allover the roster.

The Eagles would have to settle for a 2015 draft pick and Desean would have to take a severe paycut this year to make it happen.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If they don't come out of the draft with a good WR, I'd say it's a trade worth making even if they have to restructure contracts to make it happen. They're going to be getting a lot of comp picks and the Alex Smith trade will finally be over.

Would think at least Bowe would re-do his deal if it meant getting a player that would draw coverage away from him.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

My Chiefs friends, rejoice, Kendrick Lewis is gone! Signed with the Texans today
gently caress, I was hoping he'd end up in San Diego or Denver.

Get used to this if he happens to hit the field, Texans fans:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

b0ng posted:

Danieal Manning and DJ Swearinger pretty much started for a good portion of the year once Reed was gone. I doubt Lewis is starting unless I have missed contract details.
Romeo Crennel runs a lot of Cover 3, so you might see him on the field more than you will ever want to.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Okay, so reports are that the following tight ends were from the same draft class:

Jimmy Graham
Rob Gronkowski
Aaron Hernandez
Dennis Pitta
Jermaine Gresham
Andrew Quarless
Ed Dickson
Tony Moeaki

That is in order of greatness as asserted by me... that certainly was a deep draft class for Tight Ends. And the Falcons came out of it with loving nothing.
Lets take a moment to reflect back on the fact that Scott Pioli traded up so he could select Tony Moeaki over Jimmy Graham.

In short, gently caress Scott Pioli.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Someone needs to provide valuable insight into a mega signing like Tyson Jackson!

In other news, Alex Smith is reportedly seeking an average of 19 million per season. :staredog:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If Alex Smith gets an average of 19 a season, PB would be completely insufferable until he exploded from all the rage. For once though, it'd be completely understandable rage.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

waah posted:

Well he has as many playoff wins as Matty Ice and :romo:. And he has more wins than Doug Flutie, Trent Green, Andy Dalton and YA Tittle, by the transitive property he should be getting paid as much as if not more than all of them.
Sounds like excellent reasons to pay him Peyton Manning money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

To be fair, nobody knew who the hell Jimmy Graham was and what he could do when he was drafted. I know we were all bumfuzzled.
I think it's fair to say teams should of known enough to select him over a forever broken Tony Moeaki.

• Locked thread