Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mung Dynasty posted:

Yo can we shut up about game nudity for a sec and get an answer to this, because I'd like to know as well.

Here you go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ddraig posted:

The new Carmageddon needs to hurry up and be finished, god damnit. Stainless are the king. These pretenders to their throne will pay tribute when the kingdom is restored.

Nah, carmageddon is about cat bashing and ped stomping, this is more about car combat.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Eh, I guess I'll join the gas guzzlers four pack if there's room.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

There's a Xmas version and a Shadow Warrior version, and after 30 minutes of exploring the levels the novelty wears off and you realize there's no point in trying to clean for anything other then an achievement. Most of the reviews are joke reviews anyways, and the gameply looks just as stale and boring as the Xmas/SW examples.

Most of the game is loving around in the world and piecing together the details, though I've only played the Xmas one and there aren't all that many details in that one, honestly. It can be fun to gently caress around in that world though, and I think that's why there's multiplayer. My only real complaint for the Xmas one is that the level is too small, so you can only really explore so much.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

abraham linksys posted:

Here's her response to someone wanting to build a hospital:

My Saturday night: screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU MORE DEPRESSED" at an anime girl

e: Trained up all of my military skills and won a civil war (gently caress yeah) then died to a box of poisoned chocolates :argh:
Came to post about this game, but it seems you've posted THE EXACT WORDS I WAS GOING TO WRITE, doppelgänger!
why did you eat the drat chocolates you stupid dickhole

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

It's also awfully daring of a nobody trade house to send you a gift directly. You'd know this if you had any manners at all, you slob.

gently caress that, I studied poisons so I can eat all the terrible food I want so that Queen Goon may ascend the throne. (which I just did :hellyeah:)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ghostlight posted:

I just finished Proteus.

I'm not sure why everyone picks on Gone Home.

It's a pretty good art game for Ihopeyoupaidlessthan5bux, I thought it delivered its theme pretty well.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Zedd posted:

Somebody advice me on two action games, an rpg and and some adventure games to play next month when ill be mostly cut off from the net. :v:
https://www.steamcommunity.com/id/zeddnl

Play Divinity: Original Sin more than an hour, play through Sniper Elite V2 and remember to actively ignore stealth, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is also really good, Wolf Among Us and the Blackwells are good for adventurin'.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

you like steam because of an anime with underage incest-rape?
Trap sprung
probably?

Finally got around to playing Luftrausers and it's good poo poo. It starts a bit rough, but after unlocking the fat body and the spread shot, holy poo poo.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So out of nowhere I got randomly gifted a Road Redemption key by the devs as part of a random selection of people who had the game on their wishlist, or something.

I'm not sure if it's $20 worth of fun, it has a handful of issues like poor balancing, but holy poo poo, keep an eye out for this one in future sales. It starts off Road Rash-y enough, but an hour in I just spent a couple tracks bopping up and down with my jump jets, grapple-swinging from helicopters, dodging entire waves of wrecked cars flung at me by a rampaging tornado, all the while spitting my grenade launcher everywhere. And then I raced on loving Rainbow Road. :pcgaming:

:stare:

So, Road Rash gone apeshit?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Trials Fusion: worth $5? Trying to decide whether to grab the Ubi 3-pack thing or just Child Of Light and Valiant Hearts separately.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Gorilla Radio posted:

Hi Steam thread! I am looking for a recommendation. I need a game that I can play while grading papers. I would like a game that has the option of minimal input with audio cues that an event is happening so that I can come in and take over. I tried space sims, where I would set autopilot, but there's not a cue to let me know that I've reached my destination. The same problem occurs with games like CK2, except that I can't tell important events from non.

Is there anything like what I'm looking for? TYIA

Farmville.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TastyLemonDrops posted:

The Wolf Among Us has a huge flaw, and it becomes very readily apparent after the first couple episodes: Your choices don't actually matter. It's still a beautiful game and tells an otherwise good story.

Overall, yeah, but your choices let interesting stuff happen.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Murder Chimp looks decent.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Zedd posted:

I hope they cut out the actual "free money/triad xp/cop xp" DLC packs or let you disable them though.
I needed an excuse to play through SleepyDogs again and this sounds like a good one!

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, hence the "almost all previously released DLC packs".

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

It's been up for a while? It used to be named something like Zombies?! and was in a bundle already.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Sorry you don't understand the value of a hard work, moving goods with the power of your own two hands rather than relying on machines. I bet you don't even know where to find sailors.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Away all Goats posted:

Payday is free free today right? I can 'claim' it now and download and play it later on like they did with Sniper Elite v2?

yup

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
They should be happy Gabe's not breaking out the knives.

postin on page 420 :420:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Croccers posted:

Gabe Newell with a Nemesis system.

Strengths:
Owns a completed copy of HL3. If you kill him it's lost forever.

Yeah, well that nemesis system is a bitch for that guy, isn't it?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ulvirich posted:

Is asking for a VPN how-to for Steam regional unlocks taboo? No, I'm not gonna buy poo poo (and get banned for it), just wanting to play a game earlier.

Learn some patience, goon

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say probably not.
You'd be wrong, but don't feel bad, we all make incredibly bad guesses at some point in our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcydcefO5TA

Also, it looks like most of the Nancy Drew games are $1.74 on GMG.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

Yes, I need to come clean here that SEGA approached me and offered to make my Sonic fanfic a reality if I pimp their games.

Carry on.

Saoshyant posted:

There's 17 Nancy Drew games on GMG and 90% of them only cost 1.75€. In an age people just film themselves playing terrible games for the amusement of others, one would think an enterprising goon would be hoarding those and becoming an Internet Celebrity(tm). Ball's on your side of the field, corn in the bible.

GMG doesn't let you buy multiples(you can only buy 1 per account) and blocks some regions(:argh:) anyway, so there are roadblocks on this plan to becoming an Internet CelebrityTM.

Also, your post should have ended after 1.75€ because everybody should be rushing to get some of these groundbreaking titles.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

holy poo poo

also valkyria chronicles owns provided you have a moderate tolerance to anime

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ReWinter posted:

Hey Steam thread, I just got some great new headphones and I'm wondering if anyone's got a recommendation for games with strong sound design & fidelity? To clarify I don't really mean 'has good music' although that's wonderful, but more high quality environmental sound and ambience - the design rather than the composition.

Dead Space

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Broken Cog posted:

Do you own that spacebase game of theirs? Seems anyone who owns either gets the other for free. Hack n Slash is a neat game, but very rough around the edges.

I really want to try that one, but want to wait until it gets polished/finished, which means I'll probably wait forever.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kibayasu posted:

There's going to be a new Alone in the Dark? Well, it couldn't be worse 2008 game.

you say this now

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Drifter posted:

I love the idea that entertainment bloggers are in any way actual journalists.

Games Journalism fall into the similar category of Chiropractic.

Chiropractors might actually do something useful sometimes, I'd think of game journalists more as colonic technicians.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Well I finally got around to playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown and I just captured an alien and I'm worried about the injury status of my go-to squad leader.

It begins :stare:

Injured means alive; you haven't hit peak :xcom: yet.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Saoshyant posted:

That's Avalanche Studios founder and creative director. It is that simple.

so Just Cause 3 will be a F2P MMO with premium subscriptions and microtransactions

y'know

just 'cause

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

New Concept Hole posted:

BioWare is making Just Cause 3?

(X) Seduce Bolo Santosi
(A) Scrape fork on plate

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

bagmonkey posted:

Have they confirmed that the diamonds are going to be microtransactions yet? They could've made an alternate currency, since when you are destabilizing regimes and whatnot you usually have to purchase things off the black market. Hell, I don't know, I'm trying to be optimistic here. If there are microtransactions, I will probably just buy it when it gets below $5. It's that easy for me.

The "rent" option does not bode well.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Bieeardo posted:

I don't necessarily disagree with him, because there's a whole complex of complicated concepts touched on in that statement, but jamming them into 140 characters with a 'case closed' capstone is just amazingly wrong-headed.

Game devs have done really well with tweeting lately you see

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO EXTEND THE MAXIMUM LENGTH OF YOUR CORD

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ok, this might get me back into skyrim because i fuckin' love punching poo poo in games.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Drifter posted:

Have you played Beast Boxing, aka Monster Punch-Out?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/259490/

wtf that's clearly a turkey
gently caress this game

So BundleStars has this $20 bundle of LA Cops, Overruled, and The Escapists for :20bux:, all Early Access games published by Team 17*, and basically working out as "buy 2 get 1 free" at that price. LA Cops looks okish enough though it only has one chapter right now, The Escapists looks really cool, but then there's Overruled, which seems hard to tell if it's decent or not because of the slightly gross looking graphics, the fact that it's multiplayer-focused(hard to tell how it works out in practice), and because the reviews clearly look planted. Anybody try that game and know how it is?

*I think it's sad that Team 17's best games of late are the ones they didn't make

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

the OP of this thread that now has fewer words in the first post posted:

Recommended programs:
Enhanced Steam is a plug-in for Chrome and Firefox, and it’s :krad:. It highlights games you own, games on your wishlist, how many friends have said game on their wishlist, highlights DRM on games, highlights ongoing bundles, allows you to compare prices across regions, adds a “Empty Basket” button, allows you to add a custom amount of money to your Steam Wallet and a tonne more. Utterly essential. It's now possible to get Enhanced Steam in the Steam client, but it's more than a little clunky.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

CSD is great but Icarus Proudbottom would like to speak with you http://www.holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/

it's goon made, free, and great.

This is a really good game. Also won one of the SADev game challenges I think.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

One of the last five responses is true, choose wisely young quester.

Freddies ARG gettin real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Safari Disco Lion posted:

this game is basically The Hundred Acre Wood Fights Mean Old Farmer Hitler.
You realize that this is an amazing elevator pitch.

• Locked thread