Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CeeCee posted:

You should be fine just starting 10. They usually do a story so far montage at the beginning so you'd get the major points of 9.

Watch the finale as it includes this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umfoY09bklQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Didn't you guys even watch the episode? He was redeemed by the Power of Love. Duh. Dean just needs to meet the right girl and everything will be fine.

Then she will die horribly

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Cool idea but, let's face it Crowley is always going to be the most obvious suspect. He wouldn't even need to be possessed! Still i'd rather play Supernatural clue than... Big bang theory clue (a real thing)

It could also be Soulless Sam, Angel Sam, brainwashed Castiel, or marked Dean!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

pentyne posted:

Wow, that was a boring episode. That reeked of "poo poo, need to fill time, drag in one of the extremely minor characters from seasons back"

Jodi has been shown in every season since she was introduced. At this point she is almost the longest running female character in the show!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Can someone tl;dr it cause I'm not wasting 11 mins of my life watching adult swim.

You should watch Moral Orel

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Supernatural will have a season 11. gently caress you Smallville.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

And by extension gently caress you, every other genre show in history. If S11 is a full order and the last season, Supernatural will finish on 241 episodes.

Doctor Who still has more episodes and years, but it will be the longest running American one based off years. Bewitched had 254 episodes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

How does that work? Didn't they just hit 200 a few episodes ago, with the high school play episode?

Yeah they did hit 200 but they still have the rest of the episodes this season and next.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Red Queen posted:

This would work well with what I was half expecting to happen last episode, for them to ship Cas' meatsuit's daughter off to Sheriff Mills to take care of. It would make sense for her to try to have another friend her age that's "in the know," however I don't think they would know what to do with four female leads that they're not allowed to kill off.

I can see cas's meatsuit daughter to join up with Cole as she did not look too pleased with Dean.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I don't think we are going to get much of an overreaching plot other than "Consequences". Maybe Metatron getting lose and having to get ganked.

Yea, I was completely expecting the weird people the daughter hooked up with to be demons, but nope, just weird rear end normal people.

My thoughts, Metatron gets loose, kills the daughter, Cas goes all old testament, Dean gets rid of the mark and then BOOM OH poo poo WE NEED THE MARK AND THE BLADE BECAUSE OF PLOT REASONS WHY METATRON CAN'T BE KILLED WITHOUT IT and then fade to black.

Crowley's mom is gonna go down, hard. She's bumbly, she's a bit of an airhead, and most importantly she is hardcore loving with the King, and I'm pretty sure we are going to see that whatchacallit, council? of witches come into play later on.

Or she fucks with Hell so much Crowley is forced to join up with the Winchesters pretty much for good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Its also not like they have a history of using rock stars names as alias.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

cool kids inc. posted:

Yes, but what are your thoughts on Huey Lewis and the News?

Early stuff was too new wav for my taste

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

raditts posted:

Mae Whitman is almost 27 and she's still playing high school students in movies.

Her?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

raditts posted:

Right, so I'm not crazy then. Am I missing something or was there nothing between that and this episode where Crowley just pulled the blade out of a random drawer?

The Mark of Cain / Rowena plot threads are so goddamned tedious and boring, I hope they finish them off soon. I have a feeling that the Cain plot won't end until Sam dies though, since it's his turn what with it being Dean's turn to die last season.

That episode was the last time we saw the two of them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drat, my friend just brought up a good point.

How awesome would it be to get Lucifer back as the literal "Big Bad" on the show as the only possible "cure" to the Mark, since that whole "river/source" quote thrown out by Metatron might mean that Lucifer is the only one who can take it away since he's the one who gave it out in the first place.

A man can dream :allears:

Cain was amazing, Omundson has some terrific range as an actor, but I think my favorite part was Cas getting all smitey and all it doing was just blowing Cain's hair back a lil.

Only thing I didn't like about the episode was apparently the whole idea of Cain eventually slicing up Sam never came up, even though Cain was taking out entire family lines and children. That would have been decent motivation for Dean to kill him, and be a little bit less angsty about it.

He gives the mark to Adam and then tosses him back in the cage.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

So they have a book that can fix any kind of damnation. Like, for instance, being locked in a cage with Micheal and Lucifer?

Their brother has been in there for hundreds of years local time by now, he must be crazy as hell. Still, just leaving him there and never mentioning it again seems a bit callous.

They did mention him this season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xealot posted:

Wouldn't that mean that everyone on earth becomes a demon upon "death" instead?

Supernatural is a prequel to Walking Dead.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The darkness will be in Bobby's form so we get an entire season of Jim Beaver

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I'm still just kinda wondering why no one thought "Hey, send Dean to Purgatory" cause, I mean, it's like 10 feet to the right of Hell and Heaven, only beasts/demons/mean poo poo is there, and he can kill as much as he wants.

Granted, getting to go to Mars or whatever is cool as well, but it's not like there isn't a big, shiny, obvious plot place that's already been introduced.

Still, you have to admire the symmetry. Cain kills his bro after he gets the mark, and Dean has to axe Sammy in order to finish up the curse as well.

Only thing I didn't like was that AT ANY TIME Sam could have called the trio and said "gently caress it, no, don't do the spell. Death himself popped up and told us this was a completely poo poo idea" but didn't, so EVEN MORESO THAN LETTING LUCIFER OUT AND KICKSTARTING THE APOCALYPSE, this one is completely his fault.

Dean was the one who kick started that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

If the show continued on....

Sam: "You don't understand Cas, I have to save my brother from TIME! He is getting older! The first thing I need is to slaughter 30 infants and harvest their fear.

Cas appears with 30 infants and a knife: "This seems wrong."

Sam glares and chokes up: "He's my brother! We can't just let him get old! Not after everything!"

Cas: Alllright. *begins slaughtering infants*

... poo poo I think I just gave them a free scene

Dean is out drinking with Crowley

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

computer parts posted:

I think it's actually kind of ambiguous as to whether Death actually died or not. Besides, the scythe seems like the type of thing that would be left behind as an artifact.

Comparing the Darkness to Leviathans reminded me, there are still Leviathans out there (albeit unorganized) so a cool episode would be if they found one and couldn't really kill it but just had to redirect it somewhere else.

I also wonder if death was trying to get the mark or have it removed by having Dean kill the thing he loves the most

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Why did Rowena kill the one person she loved? What did she gain out of that?

Why can Death be killed? Why did Dean kill him?

Why did Crowley help them by gathering the req'd ingredients? I mean, normally it would make sense, but one episode earlier he got crazy red eyes and said he was evil again.

Death couldn't kill Dean? I always thought he was old enough that nothing else mattered.

anyway I'm sure someone will come along and manage to answer all these questions but this show sorta sucks now imo. I guess i'll stop watching it until i hear it's gotten good.

It was part of her deal with Sam.
Dean did not want to kill his brother
Crowley has a soft spot for Dean and has nothing to do with Sam.
Death is old but he also knows that certain safeguards needed to be in place. The mark is one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

mcswizzle posted:

I could've sworn that the producers have confirmed that Chuck = God, even though he hasn't shown up in the show in that capacity

He sort of did in the 200 episode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You say they are completely different yet they have had some of the same writers. The Whendonverse had a bunch of episodes that were funny.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

What does this have to do with tone or setting or story or...anything, really? Park and Rec is also funny, but I don't think it's like Supernatural. Joss Whedon wrote both Buffy and Dollhouse, but I don't expect anyone in Dollhouse to start practicing witchcraft.

I was saying that I could have seen some of the Angel season 5 episodes working in Supernatural. That them fighting evil puppets or luchadores who fight evil would not be out of place.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

So my girlfriend got me to go watch Crimson Peak with her the other day, and guess who pops up very early on? Jim Beaver (Bobby). It really stuck me that I've never really seen him in anything outside of the show, but drat if he's not instantly likable in the role. In fact, I can without any doubt at all say he's the best thing about the movie.

Watch Deadwood

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

At this point wouldn't angels basically be the only thing that are safe from Amara?

She eats souls, and they don't have em. Maybe their vessel does, but since Cas is out and walking around it's not like the vessel NEEDS a soul.

I thought Cas is a special case as his vessel was killed and his soul is in heaven. His body was remade in its previous image.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Crowley was deliberately only feeding her demons in dead bodies, because he thought she would eat both the demon and the original soul and leave the body alive but soulless, like she did the first time, and he didn't want a bunch of soulless people wandering around. I think normally a demon needs the body to be alive to possess it the first time, but once the body sustains enough damage to kill it, the human soul leaves even though the demon soul is holding it together. Crowley may be an exception, or maybe demons can just return to a body they've previously inhabited even if it is dead. I can't remember if we've seen a demon possess a dead body before.

Yeah Ruby possessed a body that was recently deceased.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Darko posted:

I'd like to see him hang around Castiel for a bit and talk about wardrobes.

He can also talk to Sam and Dean about loved ones and friends being horribly murdered/dammed just for knowing them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Super.Jesus posted:

I'm half hoping for it to be a Gaiman's Endless type deal where a New Death just appears when the previous incarnation dies. Killing Death and having it stick makes no sense.

Or they pull a destruction with him. He may be dead, but it still goes on as that's the way the world works.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Murphy Brownback posted:

Well yeah I know that part but I assumed Castiel could still leave it and just leave behind an empty soulless vessel. I just wasn't clear whether the spell Rowena did sent anyone back to the cage or not.

We have seen that nothing good would come from this. There would be a whole trail of bodies if this was the case.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

scorpiobean posted:

Yeah if the literal devil was telling the truth. I mean he definitely could be but I'd say it's equally likely he was lying to make himself appear to be the best option. Honestly, they're probably not gonna bring Michael back, but it's kinda fun to speculate.

Now if they brought Gabriel back, that would be even better. (Also one more Ghostfacers episode plz Supernatural tia)

I like the idea of the devil telling you the whole truth so you can hang yourself.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Titan posted:

I'm really liking this season. It's been awhile since you were halfway through a supernatural season and couldn't already predict how it was gonna end at least partially. We all knew Dean was gonna kill Abbadon with the first blade, we knew they would kill Dick Ramon, and we at least had an idea on how it would happen. At this point I honestly have no idea how they're gonna get rid of Amara. Whether Lucifer can do it alone is in doubt, Dean can't sacrifice himself for it since the Reapers have straight up said they will be no coming back now (and they have signed on for other seasons already). Metatron is a wild card and he's running around with the demon tablet so he could have some sway in this somehow by allowing Crowley to power up with the tablet to help take on Amara.

I just really enjoy it so far. Maybe Chuck will make an appearence

I thought Sam and Dean have the demon tablet as he had it hidden under his mattress?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

First they'd need to remember he exists.

They mentioned him earlier this season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Remember the Hunter Bar? Back when the show actually understood the Hunter concept/vibe? The fact they've had run ins with crazy hunters is true, but they also made some of the best episodes. It always felt like there was a whole community out there until like season 7 and then the producers world view got tiny as hell.

The hunter bar appeared in and was destroyed in season 2.

The big reason the hunter community got smaller was Bobby's death as he was the person who helped organize everything.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Misha has been a major part of the show since season 4. He has been part of the show for 7 years counting at this point, and a huge fan favorite so he is found nowhere

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I'm pretty sure Dean killed them all but I can't remember why

The mark and killing Charlie

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kangarookie posted:

The new villain should be an STD given physical form trying to track down the Winchesters for all those ladies over the seasons.

I thought around 90% of the women they slept with died horribly?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wasn't the first gate an innocent in hell spilling blood? It was suppose to be John but he refused to torture. Dean caused it since he was willing to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Wow that is the dumbest excuse yet as to why they can't have a third character around.

Plus the way she left, with no forwarding address or so much as a "Where are you going?" made me just think what an rear end in a top hat. Just dropped that bomb and ran off, the gently caress?

Sure it will be part of the season long plot