Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I was in that situation at O'Hare once also. The flight kept getting delayed because of thunderstorms. I had a hunch it would keep getting delayed until midnight and then be cancelled. I was right. Fortunately, I had already decided to rent a car and drive the rest of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ran into my old friend the guard dog cat. This time I remembered where he lives. I have to go visit during daylight hours :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

Sooooo AI since I'm having a baby soon should I get rid of my '06 s2000 and about $20k for a base '07 911? Gotta think practical you know. Baby seats n such.

Is the back of the 911 really big enough for baby seats? Aren't they pretty big now-a-days, especially with the rear facing ones?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Motronic posted:

Yes. There is a factory accessory seat offered which is basically a recognized commercial brand seat (forget which one) with a different base that fits properly in the rear seats of the car. It fit just fine in my 944 as well when I had kids small enough to need one.

Then, we know what must be done.

I hate it when I realize mid-elevator ride to the garage that I need my car keys. Oops.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
drat it, left my dome light on. Anybody in Seattle wanna give me a jump? :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There is a car museum with a gold plated Delorean though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

loving election...

What's the deal with those things anyway? Seems like we're getting one every other month! That's big government for ya!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Isn't a JDM headlight going to shine a lot of light into oncoming traffic?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's cool, supposedly USDM lights usually aim more toward the right, I figured JDM would be opposite? That's what a lot of people say, on other forums at least...we know how good those are though. If that's the case though I would bet a European model would be good.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah, a magnet on a stick saved my nuts yesterday.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Anyone happen to know why when my computer tries to go to sleep it immediately turns back on like a gremlin is moving the mouse?

run a command prompt and type powercfg -lastwake and see if that tells you anything useful.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Am I the only AIer not on meds?

You really should be though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
In front of a hydrant!! Naughty!!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This is a two fold good thing. Dog photo and helping out a rescue shelter. Plus you can do the whole "I donate to good!" thing too.

Hmm, I have a lot of photos of me with shelter dogs. Guess I should leave out the cats though?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Pretzels + Nutella (or in this case Nocciolata) == yum

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So the place I'm at ordered 15 expensive rear end cameras that use CAT7 from Germany. They spent 2 weeks on the docks in Boston before getting here. Each camera has 2 LED boards for wide angle light and spot light. All of the LED boards are are in the wrong position. In every camera. All I've done today is drill and tap all the I beams they are getting mounted to. Work is dragging. Which is why I assume my boss wanted to get Chinese food for lunch.

I've always used the terms "guys and girls" and "chicks and dudes".
CAT7? I might be out of the loop but I thought the only thing that uses CAT7 is 10Gig, which can be run on 6A too.

Viggen posted:

I'm having the "Did I make the right decision?" second-guessing remorse today. I really miss my 'lil Bud. I think Watterson put it the quite eloquently in the last panel in much fewer words than I could ever hope to.

I don't feel like doing anything today.

I put my cat to sleep on the summer solstice, and I live right where they do the festival including the parade. I could hear it going by outside but all I wanted to do was sleep. :smith: Loss sucks.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Preoptopus posted:

Roomates dog (pitbull) just ate an earing.... shes fine right?

Gotta watch the poop. Yay.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh man, I'm considering doing something really really stupid. As you may know, I drive a perfectly nice, reliable, well-kept and surprisingly fun 2000 2.2 Peugeot 406 with ~165,000km on it.

But now I'm looking at a 1997 2.3 Turbo Volvo 940 wagon with ~230,000km on it.

I paid 55,000dkk ($9200) for my 406 two years ago, the 940 is offered at 35,000dkk ($5850) right now. I know Danish car prices are wacky, but for comparison there they are.

Actually, I'm quite telling the truth when I say "940 wagon". What I should say is "what may be the single best-kept 940 wagon in existence":

It's gorgeous, and I am this close to calling the seller.

Turbo manual RWD wagon, with manual windows! What's not to love?
It's beautiful. I will have a Volvo wagon again some day, and this makes me jealous.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I want a 5 guys veggie sandwich now.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cat Terrist posted:

http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/Home/IndividualResult?clientId=1&raceId=1144&eventId=1&athleteId=419718

That HURT. And I cried like a bitch when I finished I am not ashamed to say. GG that was a godawful load of work to achieve

That sounds like a lot of work! I think I would end up in an ambulance.
They need more woman entrants though!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mariooncrack posted:

This thread has also made me want Five Guys.

I gave in and got a veggie sandwich last night, and a few peanuts too.

Rhyno posted:

I dunno, I heard the new Forza sucks?

I haven't played it since January but it's still a fun game. It doesn't have many cars compared to 4 and has less tracks but what it does have is pretty fun. They've added the Nurburgring back in and added Road America and Long Beach. If you already have a One and the price is good I'd say it's a good buy.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

I haven't had a loving burger in 7 months you sons o' bitches. I hate every loving one of you and I hope you all have high cholesterol.

I haven't had one in a lot longer than that. You can do it!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Burger Chat addendum: if you have a Habit Burger near you and haven't eaten one yet, get thine there asap. I always ate there when I was in Santa Barbara and they finally opened one near me and it's bad for my health.

I used to love the teriyaki char, but that was more than a decade ago. :( Freebird's has also been expanding pretty rapidly, although interestingly that doesn't include the Freebird's in Isla Vista. I guess there was a Freebirds in Texas that had separate ownership and now it's franchising everywhere. They were owned by friends or something so it's not like it's just a coincidence of names.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What the gently caress.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is German food really a thing anymore? It seems like it's all doner kebab now.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I was being a bit facetious, sorry. In Germany Doner Kebab is really popular. Seems like it's every other restaurant.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Fucknag posted:

Ah, well now I feel silly.

Naw it's a dumb esoteric joke.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
buy a bi

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
love is suicide

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Already got pararescue meetjgme after work gonna be a george n dragon in fremont

You still there?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Listen I get that its a terrible idea that will only end in tears.

That being said I'm still not seeing anything I can use here yet :colbert:

i feel that Maybe you've been really hard on her. You have to remember where she is right now. I bet going through a recovery program is really difficult. Lots of emotions and even physical changes can be overwhelming.

Tell her you didn't consider that and you've thought it over but she needs to understand why you reacted the way you did.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I've put honest, serious hours of thought into moving to Alaska over the course of my life and I'm starting to think that it might just be time to do that one of thse days.

I really want to visit Alaska some day. There's something appealing to me about being isolated in a survivalist sort of fashion, but I would end up getting way too lonely. Off course that applies to Canadian wilderness too. But can an American just move to Canada?

edit: I'm also eligible for citizenship in an E.U. country, I need to take advantage of that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T-Square posted:

I think it's funny how a recent ex can walk into a bar, see you, and then walk back out without even taking a seat or having a drink. And then comment on your Facebook status two days later like everything is fine and dandy. Jerk!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have an inflatable queen mattress that I think has a hole in it

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
ahhhh somebody help me with the mirros on my w202 please haha

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's cool. Anytime I encounter something I like I only think of something witty to say long after.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Should try putting you're a big fan of Nickelback and Creed and see who replies to that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Is that diet Mountain Dew?

For shame :colbert:

13" is all about the healthy lifestyle.

MrKatharsis posted:

I may need some brake work done soon and I love in north Seattle. You down for some OT?

Somebody help me put the mirror on my car! I don't wanna drive it without a driver's side one. It's a real PITA!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My name isn't even CharlesM

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

For those of you without snapchat and not on my esteemed Facebook friends list, that's what I got today.

I don't know much about tattoos honestly but that's impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Since I watched Silence of the Lambs the other night I've got Goodbye Horses stuck in my head. It's a good song by itself. Does anybody know where this 6.5 minute version comes from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

• Locked thread