Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Needs more Ridiculous Fishing.

aka the only game you need :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kheldarn posted:

Dungeon Raid: Goon made match 3 RPG. Pretty good break/pooping game.
Dungelot: A neat roguelike that has you tapping squares to explore. No loot weight restrictions/needing to eat/etc. makes it better than most other roguelikes.
Nimble Quest: Snake with an RPG twist to it. You pick up characters to grow your "snake".
MinuteQuest: I'm not sure what you'd classify this as, but it's pretty fun.
Twist My Jewels: A neat clone of famed puzzle game Bejeweled Twist. Has achivements, too.
AdVenture Capitalist: Fun idle/anti-idle game. Also recently added to Steam...
The Quest Keeper: Crossy Road meets RPG.
Weak Warrior: Hordes of monsters come at your stationary knight, and you kill them by tapping the left or right side of the screen when they get in range of your sword. Good for breaks/pooping.

Good post.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Longbaugh01 posted:

I've been playing this on Steam while I simultaneously play Idle Oil Tycoon on my phone. I'm not sure what's wrong with me or if I'm even enjoying the experience.

Is it just me or does AdCap seem to progress A LOT slower than IOT?

Having played around 500 matches in Trivia Crack, I think I can say with some authority that there are so many questions that are incorrect, have terrible grammar and/or spelling, are repeats, are from stupid subject matter you see over and over again (ie Harry Potter or Friends), and Etermax seems to have no interest in fixing any of it, that I'd be very loathe to recommend it for any educational purpose.

Would you happen to know a Trivia Crack alternative on facebook? I have too many friends that are way into it and I just don't have the heart to tell them that it might be making them stupider.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Azathoth posted:

I've been getting all nostalgic for Sim City 2000 recently, but all the city building games I can find are so filled to the gills with IAPs that it feels like the old arcade games that you had to constantly pump quarters into.

Are there any good city building games that don't have IAPs out the rear end?

Most asked question in android gaming history.

Unfortunately, there really isn't any at all.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Star Trek Trexels, a starship management game which appears to take some inspiration from games like Tiny Tower, is now out for Android.

Oh poo poo, I've been wanting a game like this on my tablet forever.
Good find.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, nevermind, it also runs way worse than I'd expect a game of its nature to run on my memopad 8.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

midnightclimax posted:

Anyone remember Battle Isles and knows an equivalent on Android? It resembled Herzog on the Mega Drive, basically turn-based hex-strategy.

Sadly, there really isn't any.
What little there are are bloated with IAPs and are P2W with timers and all that horrible poo poo.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out, this time consisting entirely of hidden object games by developer Artifex Mundi. The games this round are:

Deadly Puzzles
Time Mysteries 1
Clockwork Tales
Demon Hunter (beat the average)
Grim Legends (beat the average)
Time Mysteries 3 (beat the average)
Time Mysteries 2 (beat the average)
Grim Legends 2 (pay $9 or more)
Enigmatis 2 (pay $9 or more)

Jesus.
loving faaaaaart.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Are there any games like Doom/Wolfenstein RPG? Like first person turn based RPGs, I found my old motorola clam shell phone and it still had some games installed on it and these were it.

I suppose I mean games like Eye of the Beholder too, but I was hoping Doom RPG itself has gotten ported by now. :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Potsticker posted:

Pretty much the only thing that comes close. It's not really as tactical as DoomRPG/Orcs&Elves in terms of positioning. O&E got a DS version, right? Maybe emulate that?

My tablet's not really strong enough to handle DS games. :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Zeron posted:

Zero Player Game. It means you start the game and it runs itself and you just sit there and watch. Sometimes it can be surprisingly fun!

I don't follow how a game that you don't even PLAY is considered fun.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

New Leaf posted:

You're describing Gems of War. Battle Gems is an entirely different game. If you're not, then someone is gonna get sued..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.and.games505.gemsofwar&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battleon.aqbattlegems&hl=en

Why would this result in anyone getting sued?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

InShaneee posted:

I've had good experiences with Andy:

http://www.andyroid.net

I'm giving this a try and attempting to play Gems of War but the game crashes immediately after putting in a name. :negative:

I just want to play games that my lovely tablet can't run well drat it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Are there any games like Choplifter where you're a rescue chopper going around rescuing POWs or civilians? I know of that one by inxile but it runs like doodoo on my tablet.

Or hell, even something like Triplane Turmoil... a sidescrolling pseudo-flight sim set in WW1 where you had to land to refuel/rearm and you'd go on missions.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 8, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, Alphabears is surprisingly fun... so much so that I find myself playing when I'm not even on the shitter.

Are there any other word games that are similar to it? I'm not too crazy about crossword puzzles but I dig stuff like scrabble.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

victorious posted:

Like Xtanstic said, Spelltower. It's generally harder, and there aren't any cartoon characters, but I've had it on my phone/s for years. It was in a Humble Bundle a while ago, but it's worth the money anyway.

Alright cool, will give it a shot, thanks.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Knightmare posted:

SimpleRockets is Amazon's free app of the day if you haven't checked already, looks pretty fun.

Poor man's Kerbal Space Program, better have a good imagination to get any fun out of it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

same

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

tater_salad posted:

Why aren't more of you playing resources (or are you)?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.pala.resources

The F2P model
As long as you move around you can find enough loot, or buy enough stuff with in game currency to get what you need. You can't even buy loot with in app purchases, you can buy 2 things.. Mine upgrade points, and Diamonds (Instant finish / cash injections) and the prices aren't bad. I've done 1 IAP and will do more with surveybux because the dev deserves to get paid for this cool app.

The game: (lets see how many buzzwords I can put in here) GPS/Geo-location driven Multiplayer Resource Management Trading game with a lemon twist.

Goal1: Build MInes for Resources: Basically you build mines at pockets of the resource (you need to move outside your basement / home to find them)
Goal2: Build Factories to turn those mines into Goods: Factories use 1 or more resources to make goods, which you can sell to other players that need them to upgrade
Goal3: Find loot to build special buildings to make 1&2 easier/better: You get a "loot rain" every level up, and there are plenty of crates on the world map. These are the rare resources that you should keep and not sell unless you have a TON of them.

SubGoal 1: Beat up competition.. be within 220meters (or further as you upgrade your mob building) and you can sabatoge a mine, get some resources and hinder your competition's mines. This doesn't start until you have a bunch of resources becuase building the mob building has some pretty high costs.
I live in an area where not a lot of folks are playing.. this may be more important when you have a super populated area.

The overall point: It's about as much point as adventure capitalist.. or any other game.. get more points, upgrade, and then do it all again.

If you want help let me know.. I'm in game as tatersaladSA I"ll see if I can toss you some resources.

some tips:
when you can always sell on black market, you'll get better prices.

Look at the black market to see what's worth selling / putting effort into. There's some goods like Steel that sells for 20/unit more than it costs to buy the resources. (Coal & Iron). I have very low production for bot buy buy up as much as I can

Plan your next upgrade. If you need 1000 steel to make your next special building, make sure you are hoarding some. Often you can mine something before you can process it (next level) so plant your mine first, so you can get the material while you wait to process.

Upgrade your technology building first, getting better scan definition / larger area is huge for being able to know where to plop mines.

When starting spending .99 on 100 tech upgrades is a big help.. because your scanner is crappy you may plant something that gets you a 50%quality mine.. you can upgrade it with maybe 5/10 tech points and now it's a 90% quality mine.

Cause I don't have a GPS in my tablet. :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

big mean giraffe posted:

If a game uses a built in downloader its probably poo poo since they could use the play store to host the files too.

Yeah this is my absolute biggest loving peeve with any games when it comes to mobile gaming, I dunno if it happens for ios users too or not.

Especially when they don't list the real file size on the god damned page and you end up downloading a gig or more.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jingleheimer posted:

This is the one I got

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................................................... :yikes:
Am I on a list now? :ohdear:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I want in on any goon presence in Gems of War, playing it on the PC cause my tablet is poo poo.

Invite code is DEAKUL

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

EvilElmo posted:

There is a bit too much going on. Might be more fun on a tablet. But I'd prefer to have it on my PC to be honest.

http://www.bluestacks.com/

Plays pretty great on the PC indeed.

Not crazy about the game in general, played for a couple of hours.
Takes too god damned long to do anything and it's never really clear whether or not you're gaining more resources than you're using.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 13, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Malek posted:

I just realized in this Fallout game that I've been using one guy to do all the breeding... including the daughters and grand daughters...

(EDIT) ... ... :fap:

I hope his name is Craster.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

dpack_1 posted:

yet "DICK" is?

Dick is a nickname for the Richards of the world. :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Finally got a smart phone and I'm looking for a couple of simple not-too-resource-intensive-battery-draining coffee break games that have endless replay value.
Match 3's and stuff of that nature are welcome!

I've already played games like Pixel Dungeon to death on my tablet and I'm not crazy about clicker games.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This might be kind of an obscure ask but are there any games like Triplane Turmoil out? Like semi-simulation flight games from a side perspective where you can take off and land and refuel at bases and attack ground targets and things like that.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

shen posted:

I remember playing MiniSquadron a while ago, it has somewhat similar gameplay. Hasn't been updated since 2011 though. Triplane Turmoil is the bomb, I would pay quite a bit for a remake of that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=grayfinstudios.android.minisquadronlite&hl=en

Alright awesome, will definitely give this a whirl.
Thanks!

How's the Luftrausers port?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

If anyone's looking for a new licensed match-3 to waste their time on the toilet on, Marvel Tsum Tsum is out in region limited soft launch.

This is pretty fun, good find.
Need more pop culture match 3s.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ceciltron posted:

As for reasons to not play Fallen London:

Hm, ok!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Haven't seen that one yet but I called a guy an ugly chav who still uses Windows Vista.

hosed up

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone have a good Blackjack game to recommend?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What's the best Worms game; clone or otherwise to play on a phone?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Yeah and they were both clunky and hard to control. I mean I'm sure I could get used to it and get proficient, but the gameplay is so aggressively bland that I don't care to.

:agreed:
The controls are extremely lovely, I'd rather have directional keys or something honestly.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Duggler posted:

I can't stop playing Burrito Bison.

I know it basically has a hard ending but I haven't even reached the first recipe book. It reminds me of a flash game I used to play probably about 16 years ago

I'd really love more games like this that are decently lengthy with loads of upgrades, are there any?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Are there any games like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes but... offline?
Collecting dudes and having turn based Final Fantasy-esque battles.

For that matter, are any of the Final Fantasies worth getting? Be they F2P or paid.
I've been trying Exvius but it's kind of terrible? Like it feels half finished for the most part.

I love the pixel art though, wouldn't mind a game in the same vein but offline, the wifi at my work is pretty unreliabe.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Drakes posted:

When described like that it kinda sounds very pokemon-ey. But I don't think I've seen any such thing offline without the pokemon dressing.

I'd throw in Granblue Fantasy if you wanna mess with an online grindfestcollectionathon kinda game, its pretty much a drat well produced off-brand FF with atouch more anime/waifu. It fills up whatever MMO itch bugs me these days. If anything else they do go all out with the music, tuna boss theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XfNuKQOLY

Is this game in English at all? Can't seem to find any version that isn't Japanese.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kheldarn posted:

The text can be changed to English, yes. No English VA stuff.

Press the menu button on the main screen

Press the settings button

Press the Language button

Select English and save your changes.

Sweet, thanks.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rutibex posted:

You want pixel art and dood collecting and Pokemon battles?! Oh boy do I have a game for you:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thylacinestudios.siralim2&hl=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQdYc1n4Bo

Whoa, this looks great.

Buuut... how roguelikey is it?
Like, is there permadeath? That'd be kind of a dealbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Here's something neat: Hologrid: Monster Battle is an augmented reality card battler inspired by the holographic chess from Star Wars developed with input by Phil Tippett, the guy who created it in the first place and has also done creature design for a ton of other movies. Alas you will actually need some physical cards to play this, which you can make a real world purchase here.

This sounds really cool and actually has me wondering if there's any Battle Chess-esque games out, don't care if they're free or not.