Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's going to take a lot of effort to not think of Tyrion as Dinklebot.

Seriously though I hope they dial back on the Theon subplot this season because the torture stuff's still real creepy. Though I think the Boltons are pretty entertaining to watch outside of that.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have a feeling Vaerys is going to meet Dany and see the city on fire.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No one seems especially concerned that Winter Is Coming anymore by the way.

e: concerned not considered

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 20, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how Jon keeps mouthing to people 'no don't gently caress this up for me shut up don't suggest me for power gently caress' and it keeps happening.

Junkfist posted:

lol Brienne's a moron.

It seems like she could have had an in if she mentioned Arya.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 20, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When they get to Dany I want Jorah to hold up Tyrion like he was holding a boombox outside some girl's window.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah, I haven't read the books and recall Jorah talking about his wife and lands.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

kiimo posted:

Bran is not the point of anything.

I really could not care less about Bran.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VagueRant posted:

Why did Oberyn's bastard girls murder that ship captain guy? That seemed hella unneccessary and hosed up.

Why did the jesus freaks brain that poor prostitute?

Why did Bronn and Jaime fight those innocent guard dudes to the death? That's like five people with families.

Because everyone in Game of Thrones is a garbage person.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm still enjoying how hard Jon Snow is trying to escape the rest of the plot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

joshtothemaxx posted:

Cooper. Come on now.

CMON TARS

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Koboje posted:

How did Robert actually become King instead of Ned or any other important rebelling leader person? For that part who actually took part in the rebellion and would have been candidates?

Wasn't he in charge of the rebellion?

Also a few pages back someone said that on the letter Ned wrote he didn't put "Joffrey" and instead "the king" down, implying Stannis. I always thought that the point of contention when Circei ripped the letter up was that Ned would be in control until Joffrey came of age; was it actually that Ned was going to bat for Stannis and that went completely over my head?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

counterfeitsaint posted:

Or the brotherhood sleeping soundly at night, because they know they that golly, they just did the right thing. Right before all getting murdered by shadow babies.

That doesn't seem to happen very often unless your name is Renly, to be fair, and it's not like the guy who sold them out can't just respawn.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fighting half naked while dual-wielding daggers is the superior fighting strategy, as Ramsay and Dark Souls has taught us.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 20, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I would like to see Liam Neeson in Game of Thrones now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how it didn't occur to Reek to wait for the nightly raping. Or even just see if Ramsey was anywhere but in front of him.

Photex posted:

I don't like these new gods, no lying, no incest, no bum play. :mediocre:

It's like they don't want anyone to go out all shiny and chrome!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VBane posted:

...you know he wasn't ever going to light the candle right? He was intentionally going to Ramsey because he's that broken and conditioned.

Wait was that not even the right tower? I thought he actually put in one last little effort then got owned completely.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also it's kind of cool to spend so many years in Kings Landing and then see it transforming in realtime to Mad Max

Weird disgraced maester making zombies, end of times prophesizers taking over the city. Give Tommen a horse with 3 skulls taped to the side to ride throughout the streets

I LIVE!
I DIE!
I LIVE AGAIN (as a zombie)!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Apoplexy posted:

Also, some people didn't understand that Theon betrayed Sansa almost immediately in the latest episode, with the Broken Tower candle and all. I don't know how you miss something like that.

I heard the word 'tower' and saw some steps. I figured Ramsay was just ahead of the curve or that Reek's subplot was going to actually go somewhere until someone said it was the wrong one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobo the Red posted:

It was shot to mislead the viewer into thinking that's where he was going. But he arrives in a well maintained room, and Ramsay is not expecting him, so it's a weird leap to think Ramsay is one step ahead. Reek was specifically broken by creating false hope of escape along with the torture. If Reek had gone to the tower, Ramsay would probably have to start all over.

I mean I thought that Reek nutted up, but Ramsay either knew in advance from some idle flayings, just happened to set up shop there, or that he'd get caught anyway, instead of him just going right to Ramsay to tattle.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I liked the White Walker putting his arms out like come at me bro

I immediately thought of this:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

With how we kept seeing Cersei but not Margery or, uh, Margery's Brother (I forget his name), I want to think they just confessed and the High Sparrow was just like "yeah okay get out of here and do penance or whatever". That's not what will happen obviously because this is Game of Thrones but it'd be hilarious to see Cersei taken to trial and she just passes them by getting outsmugged.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Koboje posted:

Easy anti Whitey plan: Equip best archers/snipers with dragonglass arrows, hide in the snow/wait on the walls for walkers to show, snipe and run.

You might want to make a couple spear tips too, for when you run out of arrows.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Eh I'm done with Ramsay, dude is a full on cartoon character and has passed the point of love to hate to just being tedious. Also I really wouldn't buy him being some sort of super soldier on top of everything else. Dude sat up north picking wings off flies, he was probably never in a real battle. But he will probably kill Brienne in a one on one fight then spin kick Davos into a campfire then dress up as him and convince Stannis to burn Shireen then trick Melisandre to aim her voodoo at his dad's pregnant wife.

I bet he could solo all the white walkers if someone from the Night's Watch would give him some dragonglass. He'd have to try really hard to flay them though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ultramiraculous posted:

"The Work continues..."

In a surprise twist Frankenmountain gets up, announces his newly found faith, and becomes a pacifist.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's funny how many people are only just noticing the zombies.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

zoux posted:

Another WW detail I liked a lot was when the first guy walked through the fire, the flames receded like he was so cold he was putting out the fire.

Cold and snow and fog seemed to seep under the gates for a bit too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Xealot posted:

I still can't get beyond the name Dreadfort. The Boltons live in the goddamn Dreadfort. It's like a fort, filled with dread. Where there are banners of a hanging dead guy whose skin was peeled off, who's literally their mascot. When did anyone think these guys were on the level?

I can't wait for Winds of Winter, where the Boltons are defeated by House Corpserape. House sigil of a bleeding corpse getting raped. Their words: "we will kill you and rape you." The Tyrells will ally with them and it'll seem like a great idea.

"Who could have guessed Hitlorstalen Corpserape, Lord of Rapekill Mountain would have betrayed us at our most vulnerable?"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Then he asks Reek for some ideas and just gets a thousand-yard stare.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Current Dany Status: Still Not Relevant

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hexel posted:

The Unsullied went from 300 spartan levels of competence to stormtroopers or redshits in one loving season.

The world's saddest phalanx.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stannis now in the running for the vaunted title of The Worsteros in Westeros.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CeeJee posted:

Tyrion will recruit the Sons of the Harpy and use them as his unstoppable army. They can kill the greatest swordsman and soldiers the world has ever seen with daggers, they'll take the Seven Kingdoms in a few weeks.

I did like how Tyrion took Dario's neck-shanking advice to heart.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Paperback Writer posted:

I thought it was dumb how Davos immediately deduced what Stannis' plan was with Shireen. How the hell did he figure it out by turning his head and looking at Melisandre?

Probably from how all of her other plans involve leeches, blood, and/or fire.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How many Discount Spartans are still alive now?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sydin posted:

I'm just hoping that next episode Varys finally shows up in Meereen, sees all the chaos and destruction, and goes to have a chat with Tyrion.

"What on Earth did I miss?"
"You really don't want to know."

I fully expect him to get there as all the dragons burn it to the ground, then just immediately turn around.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

But they're going to the safest place in the world, King's Landing!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sydin posted:

From the Ep 10 preview, at the bare minimum it appears to be a spell that temporarily reverses/stops winter from coming. That's not bad considering they're about as far north as you can be without hopping the wall.

To keep the lovely Dark Souls references going, they sat down at the bonfire and reset the level.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm rooting for Ramsay because he's gotten everything he's ever wanted but feels threatened it will be taken from him. His plot now is about keeping it (and also torturing Reek and Sansa). Good luck Ramsay. :ohdear:

Also the actor is charismatic as hell.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

zoux posted:

One thing I think we've overlooked is that Dany's costuming this season has been on point.

I liked her dragon neckthing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

kiimo posted:

My God, this forever.

I would have been surprised if Stannis didn't burn Shireen and kicked the priestess to the curb, honestly.

• Locked thread