Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wicked pissah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Can you explain this? I'm at a loss.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

AlternateAccount posted:

The deafening silent chorus of nerd-thoughts of "Dang, I think I just wasted a hundred bucks" as they strap a shamefully cheap piece of plastic poo poo to their arms on launch day will be glorious.

At E3 Todd Howard walked out on stage and straight-up said it will be a cheap plastic piece of crap so I have been waiting for the nerd schadenfreude for like 5 months.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's pretty hosed that if you don't find your son in 150 days it automatically game overs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Actually that is a clever reference to Something Awful's The Slender Man, much like the last game had Jonathan Five Aces in it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ah yeah pip-boy app. I'm the king of missile command atomic whatevers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
God loving lord. This game. Preorder cancelled I can't even look at the screenshots without barfing. Like, graphics aren't the end-all-be-all of gaming, but holy poo poo it took me literally 5 seconds in paint to show what the game should look like if Bethesda wasn't 100% incompetent.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Fallout 4 will have sex trading cards like The Witchers right?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Bedshaped posted:

I was always teased by that paint-gun, I want it to be a real thing in F4

Post apocalyptic splatoon is what I'm after

Splatoon is post-apocalyptic

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

IGN listed the story as good, checkmate fuckers.

My lowtax title was prophetic. I am ready to claim the throne.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
"What is the escape key going to do on this screen?" is a fun game to play on PC. Open up the pause menu? Back your out of your current menu? Cancel the act of cancelling? Who knows until you try because each screen's controls were made independent of each other by schizophrenics who've never used a keyboard.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ymgve posted:

- gently caress YOU DOGMEAT DON'T RUN INTO MY LEGS ALL THE TIME

Canonical dog behavior. True dog AI achieved.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Controls: D- keyboard/mouse controls are like they were outsourced to that one nation in Dilbert where people just guess how PCs might work and everyone is waste deep in mud for some reason
Sound: 3 out of 8, fully docking 5 points for bored radio guy
Graphics: 3 stars inconsistent see me after class
Fun Factor: Two thumbs up pew pew

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ShadowMar posted:

they hosed up almost all the guns and mirrored them so now the player gets a face full of burning ammo casings in their face every time they shoot

they didnt do this in fallout 3, what happened

They do this on purpose in almost every video game that exists so that you can see the sick ejection animations?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Sharzak posted:

so how does this run on playstation 4? i have idiot friends telling me it literally drops to '0 fps' on the xbone. no way that's true but I am one of those people who got NV on ps3 so I won't go in blind again.

https://youtu.be/OPZXkdD1RwQ?t=125

Your friend actually used 'literally' correctly and not in some kind of internet hyperbole way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I waited for my number to be called in the Mr. Gutsy bakery.

I waited.

Mr Gutsy why

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Actually it's 'wicked propah'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
How would you even deal with those mutants if you're melee?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Phanatic posted:

No loving poo poo. I'm not sure what's worse, having to take my hand off ESDF and use the arrow keys for dialogue, or the fact that tab usually backs you up one level in menus, except at workbenches, where if you're at the root level enter exits the menu and tab keeps you in it, or the fact that the Controls menu doesn't actually let you redefine all the hotkeys. R-enter to scrap poo poo is also annoying as hell.

You have to *work extra hard* to make an interface that bad.

Is there a mod that lets you fix all that stupid poo poo yet?

"E" works anytime the game says 'Enter". So you can R->E through a bunch of scrap in your bases real quick, or E out of workshops or whatever

Edit: That said the controls are still a loving travesty

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Your Computer posted:

Ghouls? Really loving terrifying

Glowing Ones in particular are dicks. Like 'oh, you finally shot off both my arms? Lol not only am I still fighting I'm also going to revive everything in a four mile radius and make it aggro you'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Harrow posted:

On this topic: how noticeable is the damage resistance from armor? Am I going to be totally screwed if I run around in a cool duster instead of in piecemeal Mad Max armor? (I'm guessing yes, but hoping no.)

You're gonna probably want to pick up like 2 ranks or so of the perk that gives you innate dr then

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm playing Big Boss Fallout as a really nice guy who asks questions about everything, except to the guy selling baseball bats in Fenway, to who Big Boss Fallout is a condescending jackass about him not knowing anything about baseball.

Actually that's where the term "spectator sport" came from.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Fizzil posted:

anyone figured out the general atomics galleria out? If you lie about being the supervisor they let you in, but i don't have the ID or the charisma to pass that dialogue check

If you talk to the general in the big statue you can turn everything on correctly and you get the big reward for the Opening Day Raffle which is $15 Pre-War Money. I guess the actual reward is that all of the shops and stuff actually start working..

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

Attempting a full-melee run through the game and I have a feeling the deathclaws will put a stop to that. But im still near the start and running around with a pool cue wrapped in barbed wire seems to destroying everything in one hit on normal.

I don't know that that is even possible unless you avoid every area that has super mutants and most areas that have raiders. And also random stuff like suicide bomber molerats.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Broken Cog posted:

I don't even remember who or what the dj in New Vegas was, so mission successful I suppose.

Some nobody named Wayne Newton.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
God drat the building controls are loving cool. I threw up a 3 story citadel in like a minute. I only had one issue on the second floor I wanted all of the boards running one way and the game really, really wanted to snap the piece in running the other way for some reason I couldn't figure out.

Now I just need like 100 ceramics and oils to get all my spotlights set up.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Are all NPC outfits actual clothes? Like could I console spawn in Ellie's outfit or whatever?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
What does your vault dweller specialize in? Uh...fire magic.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Is this modded? Looks pretty :krad:!

No, that's just time frozen while swinging the shiskabob around.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Sonofsilversign posted:

Did you have to kill that chick in Goodneighbour for that dress? Can you put armor pieces on over it?

I cheated both hers and Ellie Perkins' out of the console because they are both unkillable. Not armorable.
I guess if you really wanted to do it legit though you could get up to level 30/Pickpocket 4 which lets you steal clothes right off of someone.

Ratty Skirt - 001B828C
Feathered Dress - 001B5F1B

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Samara posted:

Yep this is what I was looking for.

You should've died too, but the ice in your heart was colder than the ice around you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ShadowMar posted:

does this change dialogue like when you bring up dogmeat in a story quest too?

I never did that and when you need to hunt Kellog Nick and Piper both called him Dogmeat anyways.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh man even with my poo poo aim I can hit stuff now I just needed bigger 'bullets'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Can you make/buy more airstrike grenades?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Okay it seems like artillery strike grenades will just keep respawning in packs of 10 in your workshop every time you fast travel back. :dance:

RIP all those city blocks over there I hardly knew ye.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

sector_corrector posted:

Also any bloodbug that does real damage has replaced the Cazadore as my most feared enemy.

Oh well then I have good news for you Bloodbugs aren't even the scariest flying insect in the game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
When it's Christmas ingame Diamond City puts up a Christmas tree and lights! :3:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Khanstant posted:

The Silver Shroud quest really made me miss New Vegas. There was an ending scenario in that quest that I thought I'd have a small group of choices to make. Most I found I could do in the dialogue was maybe scare away a few thugs that would literally die to anything I shot at them anyway. All the options seemed to end in the exact same scenario, angry boss shoots friend.I solved that quest by doping up on drugs, going into VATs and double headshotting both people coded to shoot my friend before they even could. Took a few tries with how long you stay in VATS while not shooting. Yeah, a bullet, great, but why the gently caress are you waiting 30 seconds to start the next shot?

You didn't try all the options very hard then.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

jabro posted:

If you play on the Xbone the system has a bug with surround systems where if you have 5.1 or 7.1 listed in the sound settings the center channel doesn't play so no voices.

Lol weird I had that bug like 7 years ago. In Fallout 3. On PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh God looting the weapons off corpses gives you ~a full clip of ammo for that weapon. I've been hemorrhaging bullets and scrounging for like 30 hours, and then just after going through a synth area and looting every gun and throwing them back on the ground I ended up with 1500+ fusion cells.

Also I ballistic weaved the Memory Den lady's dress up to like 110 armor or something so eat poo poo wasteland.

• Locked thread