Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl
Uh, I think I'm in here... somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

What's the best way to use limbal rings? I'm expecting some people to make them clash horrendously just to be obnoxious or whatever but I'm trying to use them to accentuate eye color. Any thoughts?
Heard good things about going with 'darker than eye color' instead of the robot neon look.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

BTW the live letter has started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7RcTUQOEV0

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

Would PS3 players get some sort of coupon if support is dropped? It doesn't seem fair that a customer has to buy a game all over again just because their old version is intentionally obsoleted.
They were giving away PS4 copies to PS3 owners for like a year...

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

I think one FF Boss staple that we've yet to see is the "Big-Clump-of-wtfamilookingat" like Neo-ExDeath, Kefka's Tower and Bizarro Sephiroth. Unless I've forgotten something.

I'm hoping Void Ark fills that niche :unsmigghh:
Bonus points if the boss starts out as a bishonen prettyboy and ends up a three story tall undulating clifface of moaning faces and grasping limbs.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

The way I understood it, they're going to implement a way to 'move' (where you can surrender a plot as payment for a different empty plot) first before introducing a 4th housing area. Though more wards may be added to the current areas in the mean time depending on how long it takes to finish that.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

quote:

Tataru is no longer available as an opponent for Triple Triad.

The saddest patch note. :(

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Axle_Stukov posted:

I find it strange the Moogles are the crafting tribe instead of the Goblins... but eh, as long as i'm not searching for them in random rear end cracks of walkable ground in Sea of Clouds again.
It makes sense though. The gobbies are better crafters than the player and wouldn't need our help. Moogles on the otherhand have been shown to be completely incapable of accomplishing anything without assistance.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

They mentioned working on multi-FC chat channels over a year ago, though I imagine we'll get those around the same time they finally add the UI plug-in API.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Some of the earlier patches seemed to be downloadable shortly after patch notes went up, but the last few patches it seems that the download has only been available around an hour or so before the scheduled maintenance end time.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Another possibility is that most of the recent patches have also involved some backend datacenter work that would make turning on the login and update servers early an undesired complication.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Unlock all the hairstyles for them too and stop pretending potatoes have a gender.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

30 bucks, but i felt like I got my moneys worth last time.
Wasn't it only 20 bucks last time though?

Also the gently caress is cleeng dot com? Where are my bonus gimmicky twitch emotes?

Nill fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 30, 2016

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Tumblrs in a tizzy cuz a transwoman was actually a transman? Lol.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Klades posted:

That's the thing that made me link it, at any rate.
Doesn't it fly directly in the face of things that are said in-game?

Maybe? I wouldn't also discount that committing mass murder and posing as your dead brother for a good chunk of your life might not be so good for someone's sanity.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Good potatoes from the Plains, lovely ones in the desert.
Seems to check out with my limited knowledge of farming.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

Both items are now up for pre-order in the NA Store.

link for the lazy

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/421917/encyclopaedia-eorzea-the-world-of-final-fantasy-xiv-book

lol, cheapest shipping is $9

also

quote:

Note: the shipment will occur after December 27, 2017

oh, here's the calendar too

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/421922/final-fantasy-xiv-official-calendar-2017

Nill fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 17, 2016

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I want to believe he's a jab at all the RP'ers who have to buy namechanges now to fit the lore.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Thundarr posted:

We were right about to pull A10 when I saw the book pre-order was up, so I shouted HOLD UP, BOOK FOR SALE NOW in party chat and they waited up for me. A good pubbie group.
Any of them end up buying one too?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

Their way to stop the problem of primal summonings is genocide, so no.
In fairness the Eorzian way is 'pray someone like the WoL is around to kill them or else we're all going to end up tempered slave's.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Farg posted:

if we aren't getting 3 then where is that triple budget goin'
Development costs for not adding Viera yet again.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

Please be sure to go vote today if you live in the States.
Write-in Tanaka on your ballot.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

First they came for our cat asses and now they deny us bunny butts?

Tanaka would never have allowed this!

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

I'm not sure, lore wise, how they would cram in another race if Stormblood is all about the Ala Mhigo.

They were able to shoehorn in the Au-ra despite the heavensward storyline having basically nothing to do with them.
Would be easy to say "here's some already subjugated population from the eastern borders of the Empire that Garlemald brought in to displace the alamhigans"

Nill fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 13, 2016

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Key stores like GMG usually have the non-steam version on sale for decent prices.

The other part of the steam version is that part of your subscription goes to fund GabeN's knife collection instead of supporting Yoship's t-shirt collection.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Jesus was an honest healer, so Christmas is for scrubs.

Jesus Christ gains the effect of "Sell Cloak to Buy Sword" from Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ readies "Cast Out" on Moneychanger

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Took him 3 days to click accept res.
Would have been really awkward if he took it right away and then ate the same mechanic for double weakness.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

RDM should have an inherent glamour that turns any headgear into their iconic hat and disables the visibility toggle.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

"See azure lost amidst the squall." clearly means we'll see Alphinaud killed by a gunblade.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Skaw posted:

Go in to documents/my games/final fantasy xiv - a realm reborn/ and open FFXIV_BOOT.cfg with notepad or whatever text document program you like, look for BootVersionCheckMode and change the zero to a one. Run the launcher and it'll kick you the mismatch error one more time, but it'll restart itself and start downloading things.
If this doesn't work for you (it didn't work for me) the real solution is to force the launcher to update by telling it that you have a version that doesn't exist.

Go to the game's install directory (programs/squeenix/ffxivwhatever) and open the "boot" folder.
find ffxivboot.ver and open it with notepad
simply change the last number from 1 to 0

Next time you launch the game it will think it has an out-of-date nonexistent version of the launcher and finally download the new one.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Keynote starts at 1:30am PST I believe

Live letter will be tomorrow at the same time

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Ducks are pure evil so it fits.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If it's fully true that Stormblood has a close to 40 million budget, they're going to advertise it hard even if it's a stinker because player disbelief about being told it's shite and the initial rush of people buying it from hype alone is going to get people to buy it upfront and they'll hope to recover a good chunk of that back immediately.

There's really not much cause for concern that Stormblood is going to be anything less than stellar though. They've earned a lot of faith.
40mil and no new race, tank, or healer?
Tanaka wouldn't have let this happen. :colbert:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Countblanc posted:

who says this game has no open world content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRrbDJoKO_A

Loving the recommendations on that vid.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

My ping has stayed essentially the same. As a sidenote, my ping is worse than Mr.Nice!' in Florida and I am in Texas and this amuses me but it also might be why they didn't pick a location here.
Not sure why it'd be worse than Florida; up near DFW my ping has dropped a bit to 48~49ms. There's a ton of network infrastructure in Texas. :pcgaming: :clint: :pcgaming:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

Because my location Texas is about 900 miles closer to Sacramento than Florida so I would expect to have a better ping than someone in Florida? :shrug:
And I was saying that my also-in-Texas ping is 20ms faster than what he posted so what you're encountering is likely more of an ISP issue than backbone fuckery? Have you tried a traceroute?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Big Ping, Big Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wonder if they physically relocated the servers or if they've dropped new hardware for stormblood and did some log shipping over the last two weeks and are waiting for the tail to catch up.

Or if they split the difference, added new hardware and some dude is cranking it down some interstate with a u-haul full of numbered raid drives.
Yoshi P personally carried the drives down from Canada on an overnight marathon road trip, arriving just in time to host the media event in San Francisco today.

• Locked thread