Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm really looking forward to AKA Jessica Jones dropping this Friday, I think that's what I'm going for next.

Wow. Didn't realize that was already almost here. The Man in the High Castle comes out in a few days too. How am I going to pack for my move with all this good TV available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This seems appropriate for this thread:

Secret Hitler

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

I think secret hitler looks fun

This is my take. But I just don't play in the size of groups I feel would make a game like this sing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grandicap posted:

Secret Santa gift shipped. They say it should get there on Friday.

hahaha, thanks! :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

Thank you Secret Santa! I've been wanting this game.

I got Codenames!

You are welcome, sir. I internet stalked you and couldn't find any useful clues, so I'm glad you liked it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I want to play Netrunner but I have no one to play it with so I stick to the LotR LCG instead which is pretty fun

Yeah, it's nice to be able to play that solo.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

That's dumb. Everyone knows about the internet and that people have internet friends. My mom has internet friends. My grandmother has internet friends.

Huh. I can't imagine my mother or father or step father or step mother having internet friends. I mean, they have facebook, but they are only friends with people they know.

Obviously they are very familiar with the concept, though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PBS Newshour posted:

hearthstone is very similar to exploding kittens, CAH, and Dead of Winter in being games that somehow trick people into thinking they're good games

Man. I know where you are coming from with these, but I don't know that I agree with what you are putting together. The problem with exploding kittens is it is pure random, there is no appreciable skill involved. Hearthstone definitely isn't the best CCG on the block by any means, not even close. But it isn't a bad game and it does have a skill component.

And CAH is certainly not the best party game on the block, but it is a million times better than apples to apples which it seemingly ripped off and improved on, and it is the only "board" game I've gotten my step dad to play in years and he is SUPER excited about it, so it gets mad props for that from me.

But yes, I'd rather be playing Dixit or something.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

The CAH-killer is Say Anything!

This looks cool, but in the group of people I play with it would be super obvious from handwriting who had written what answer. Seems similar to one of the games in the Jackbox party pack which is a lot of fun. That one is played with cellphones though so no handwriting tells.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

Chaos Reborn - a cool bluffing rpg/chess hybrid, that actually is made by the same people who made the original in the 80s if you ever played that. the graphics are sweet and imaginative, and the game is fun and competitive while offering local play (even against computers if you want to distract your kids with it)

Also, "the same people who made the original" is Julian Gollop creator of the original Xcom.

Ernie. posted:

board games (in no particular order): Mysterium, Zombicide, Machine of Death, Betrayal at House on the Hill, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Mascarade, King of Tokyo and my own favorite misunderstood gem: Fluxx

Lots of the board game thread hates Zombicide because of dice. But I also love it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Blokus is one of my favourite board games. It's really not all that different from the board games you play as a child, but it's a really great warmup game. My friends and I would have board game night once a week at someone's house and we'd play Blokus when we first got there and/or when people were taking turns cooking, and then after dinner we'd try something more involved like Power Grid or Small World.

It's also great because I can play it with my six year old. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Does anyone watch the tv show Limitless?

I have really been enjoying it and last episode reminded me of this mafia community because every time they mentioned killing they replaced it with hugging and stuff like that.

Yes. That was a great ep. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

I agree with kecco.

also guys guys last night's x-files was a very fun hour of television, and I love that I can say "last night's x-files was a very fun hour of television" in tyool 2016. life is wonderful, I am glad to be alive for it.

It was great.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MG2 posted:

In my profession there is no better feeling than getting an engine back together and having it work perfectly the first try.

What about you guys? What makes you happy at work?

Any time I deploy something new and it works as expected. :) But my job is pretty rad overall. Working from home is the bomb.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Quote this post to be part of my XCOM2 Squad

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Keith "King" McCloud so far is the MVP. 8 kills, 5 missions (all of them so far)

Boo Ya.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

After an extremely hard fought battle, rookie Punt carries king's unconscious body to the evac site, saving his life

Whew. Thanks Punt!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't know how I'm going to avoid buying this game and playing it.

But I shouldn't, because I still have plenty of purchased unplayed games to get through like Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Life Is Strange, etc.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

Justice Scalia passed away just now, and honestly my first reaction was to smile and cheer a little, but I feel terrible about it, since being happy at a man's death is kinda gross. But I'm still smiling so I guess I mostly feel bad that I don't feel that bad.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

Cholula or Mrs. Renfros are the only answers there, yes

mrs renfro's raspberry chipotle salsa is awesome.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MG2 posted:

Wtf I just got a letter that I ran a red light and the picture of the car that ran the red light is not my car nor have I ever seen that car.

Actually addressed to you?

Did someone steal your identity to register their car so they could run red lights? :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PBS Newshour posted:

twilight struggle, castles of burgundy, mage knight, and 2 bang! expanisons i didn't have

I haven't tried my copy of Twilight Struggle yet but I'm eager to.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I know dark net and deep web are real words but whenever they are used I just think of some lovely procedural investigation show trying to understand technology

Same.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MG2 posted:

Do you guys go play board games at game shops? Or do you play with friends?

There's a game shop that has game nights like every week that's close to me. Just wondering if you guys have ever done that haha.

I typically only play with friends, but I think that is more of a time and opportunity thing then a set rule.

I've played with strangers at cons and it's still been fine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

My date from last is going to stop by after work. Ole Opop's doing pretty well for himself, thread, don't you worry about him.

:peanut:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I am infrequently vile.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chicago folks, I'll be in your neck of the woods 2nd week of May. I'll be busy during the days, but feel free to PM me if you are interested in grabbing a bite or something one evening.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Spiros posted:

It was my game, not taste's. I am as offended as you might think.

Thinking of offense levels that high breaks my brain.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Being SK owns. Does anyone actually disagree?

I still prefer town, but I'd take SK over scum any day of the week.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

mafia thread after a very long negotiating process, I am now a salaried employee who received a very significant pay increase :toot:

Awesome!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

My embed starts at the good part. I knew from the title that this guy was dumb, but this guy is SERIOUSLY SO DUMB.

I think I'll fill my apartment with poisonous gas, the video.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That rocks Asiina. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm pretty much at the one game at a time level of busy. I'll make exceptions here and there for something super appealing, but otherwise nope.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Allen Wren posted:

Also people gotta sign the gently caress up for Survivor, I am jonesing to watch that poo poo. Anyone who's not made top three can get in now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm fine with Kashuno or Khris or Max being sent.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

i have to take the 70-461 exam next week and i am woefully unprepared

Fun!

I think I remember being stymied by XML questions on this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I mostly stick to hard cider or red wine when it comes to alcohol.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

I drink plenty of water every day. It's great. And it's just water.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

Does anyone know if MMM plans to look at votefinder/fix it at some point?

I hope so. My desire to play dwindles severely when I have to wait for periodic mod updates or do it myself. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

lol you are putting way more effort into it than is necessary

Disagree.

His vote counts are awesome.

Yours were horrible. :)