Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was born in 1983 so technically I'm a millennial. I joined the Marines and here are some pics of some. Here's my generation.

Bunch of lazy assholes. :buddy:

you're all cogs in the imperial war machine hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

inside a decade, those girls will the trophy wives of hedge fund managers

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

joat mon posted:

67. Find a way to do what you love, even if it doesn't pay well. Don't do that thing all the time, though.
You're not going to change the world, but you can change the part of the world where you are.
There is no person, no movement, no religion, no organization that is your perfect match and will never disappoint you. That's OK. You can still believe and you can still work toward something wonderful, though imperfect.
Ditch the cynicism of your 20s for the wonder of your single digits as fast as you can. Seek beauty and wonder. When you find it, share it.

lol you will work until you're dead

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Don Tacorleone posted:

Kylo Ren is a thinly veiled message to millennials: look how cool you think you are(Vader) but under that mask you're only a whiny baby with a big ugly nose

and you'll never be anything more than a pale imitation of what the boomers did

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Cisheteropatriarchy

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

That's So Dean!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

peach millennial

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Wicker Man posted:

Bowser totally wrecked that.

he's got a dick like a bullet bill

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

A Strange Aeon posted:

Do millennials even listen to REM? The gif seems kind of suspect.

the early stuff maybe. i don't think even boomers listen to out of time anymore

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lol i bet you all read newspapers too

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

NESguerilla posted:

Beardy sheep mountain man is apparently one of the guys in this picture a few years ago.

Can you imagine being in an emo metal band in tyool 2016 goddamn

they're all trying to andrew wk. how precious!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Shakespeare's taint status: reaped

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Jim Barris posted:

That's kind of funny because most of the 'shakespeare didn't write shakespeare' theories basically center around this idea that some non upper class guy couldn't of written all these wonderful plays. I googled Amelia Bassano and the most credible looking thing that showed up was a blog called rasta livewire ffs

to be or not to be, mon. dat is de question. one love!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Grandmother of Five posted:

it seems to me that milennials basically come in three types of people, all of which are extremely fail.

1 the hipster style of guy with big beard, tattoos and low body fat. he think he's hot poo poo, but reality is that none of that stuff is needed by society. oh, you want to improve society? well douche bag, how about taking an actual useful degree that will contribute something meaningful like stem and IT degrees. guess what, he wont. he will be content playing the apps that other people coded, not knowing poo poo about code himself

2 the hot chick who takes pictures of her frekinbg lunch - who needs to see this? nobody that's how. even worse, sometimes these females are moms. it's one thing to contribute to overpopulating the planet, but posting pictures of happy family get togethers on line where i can see it? fuck_off. i'd bang her through :quagmire:

3: the friend of the family and the jew. these guys control the lower and higher levels of the entertainment industry, respectively, and as an extension of that; society, and are the reason why gaming has gone to hell

e: oh, you're a fyad poster. double edgy

Horniest Manticore fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 17, 2016

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Degeneracy is Treason is my new favourite saying - it'd make a great slogan for the resurgence of fascism in the 21st century.

Thanks for that, by the way, millennials. Glad those 66 million people died for nothing.

if u think about it, everybody dies 4 nothing

;_____;

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Nolgthorn posted:

nobody thinks gen x was just as bad as millennials or ever will.

gen x was the battle between corporatism and sex drugs and rock and roll. millennials are... snapchatters? begging for work at the largest companies possible? grading your success by how big a company is that hires you? live streaming video games? crying about 'online harassment'?

making gently caress you money!!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

im 12 but im mature for my age :coolfish:

you have an old soul

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

I think gradually the economy will improve, and the middle class will regain ground as they are marketed to, it will be a long slow process through, the rich just consolidated wealth because that's what they do

lol you're adorable

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Or the nanobots will destroy us all, you know

the rich will sell us the nanobots first. we'll pay for the privilege of being destroyed

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

is that andrew wk?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I usually wake up at 6:30am, and start with some Kundalini meditation and a 23-minute breath set—along with a copper cup of silver needle and calendula tea—before my son Rohan wakes.

At 8am, I had a warm, morning chi drink on my way to the school drop off, drunk in the car! It contains more than 25 grams of plant protein, thanks to vanilla mushroom protein and stone ground almond butter, and also has the super endocrine, brain, immunity, and libido- boosting powers of Brain Dust, cordyceps, reishi, maca, and Shilajit resin. I throw ho shou wu and pearl in as part of my beauty regime. I chase it with three quinton shots for mineralization and two lipospheric vitamin B-complex packets for energy.

At 9:30am, I drink 16 ounces of unsweetened, strong green juice, which is my alkalizer, hydrator, energizer, source of protein and calcium, and overall mood balancer. It's also my easy, 'lazy,' and delicious skin regime. I also take three tablespoons of bee pollen. I love Moon Juice's soft and chewy bee pollen—it's a creamy, candy-like treat that gives me my daily B-vitamin blast, and also helps feed my skin and aids hormone production. I'll also grab a handful of activated cashews. I try to get these in every day for their brain chemistry magic. I chase this with a shot of pressed turmeric root in freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.

For lunch, I had zucchini ribbons with basil, pine nuts, sun-cured olives, and lemon, with green tea on the side. This is such an easy, elegant, and light meal. I made this while on a phone meeting before heading out for the rest of the work day. I often alternate this with my other lunch staple: a nori roll with umeboshi paste, avocado, cultured sea vegetables, and pea sprouts. This is my version of a taco, and it's insanely delicious. These ingredients are all pantry staples, so I eat some version of this everyday. It's probiotic-rich with the cultured veggies, and deeply mineralizing thanks to the sea vegetables, and the avocado nourishes the brain and hormones. It's awesomely satiating and takes 45 seconds to compile. I usually make this while standing, working with someone, simultaneously emailing and definitely texting. I know the right answer would be to sit down and take 10 minutes to eat, but that doesn't happen for lunch, ever.

If I'm home around 3pm, I always reach for coconut yogurt with cardamom, dried figs, walnuts, and apricots from a weekend farm visit—and a chunk of raw dark chocolate. I ferment big batches of coconut yogurt and make big batches of raw chocolate spiked with maca and any other medicinal herb I'm focusing on. It's easy to do, and makes for potent, fast snack food throughout the month.

Today I also called into Moon Juice and got some 'drive through.' Work doesn't keep me in the shop like it used to. Sadly I'm always on the go and running late, so I usually call in a mid-workday curbside pick-up. I grabbed a mint chip hemp milk with double servings of maca and sprouted brown rice protein, sweetened with stevia, as well as two Goodness Greens juices.

I had an early, pre-yoga dinner at Shima in Abbot Kinney, which is my 3-year-old's favorite restaurant. I had a seaweed salad with micro cilantro and daikon, and a delicate broth of mushrooms and herbs.

From 7 to 9pm, I went to my Kundalini yoga class at Rama Yoga in Venice, with my go-to teacher, Harijiwan.

My son and I make a batch of almond milk and vanilla chia pudding for the next morning at bedtime. We like to have cups of it before it's totally done, when it's more like chia milk.

At 11pm, I had a nightcap of heart tonic and raw chocolate made from one of my big batches—this one was made with our Moon Pantry heirloom raw cacao, reishi and Chaga mushroom, sprouted brown rice protein, and coconut oil. I love chocolate—and on some evenings, I don't want to deny the indulgence—so I've devised a million low glycemic recipes.

i bet her husband's a hedge fund manager

or a tobacco lobbyist

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
if millennials took factory jobs, the floor talk would be all dank memes, not racist slurs. which would alienate the next generation: "sir, they keep saying they 'poned' me. what does that mean?" and then the foreman goes: "you got a lot to learn, nooblet."

Horniest Manticore fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 7, 2016

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Millennials psychologically damaged by generation of controlling overbearing parents

who were themselves damaged by distant, unhappy parents who got married too young and would rather have a vodka tonic than do poo poo with their kids

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Nolgthorn posted:

Gettin poo poo done is what we calledit

"Now leave Daddy alone, the goddamn news is on." *stares at the TV and drinks for the next three hours, never uttering a word*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

OMFG FURRY posted:

jesus christ, these lazy

Poverty Rate of All Persons 2000-2011

thanks obama

entitled

Poverty Rate of All Persons by Age 2000-2011

raised with such a stable family
Child Poverty by Family Structure 2000-2011

are so ungrateful and lazy, god drat kids fault thinking they should get things...

BOOT

STRAPS

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

something all generations can agree on

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Psychotic Weasel posted:

This is actually pretty discriminatory to the non-hetronormative people in this thread.

Also Chrome doesn't think 'non-hetronormative' a real word, thanks for the cultural erasure or w/e Google!

you're good at that

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ghostter posted:

you got poned by your school counselor when they told you to do a jobless degree

it was a test. only the weak of mind stray from the true path of stem. major in liberal arts and you deserve what you get

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

counterpoint: some of us are terrible at anything STEM-related

have you considered suicide?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Reverse Centaur posted:

Last I checked that's irrelevant to the conversation?

The rest of Canada is terrible. I was on my way back to New Zealand but the wife is resisting now that she got a great job.

good for her, gently caress middle earth

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

BelgianWaffle posted:

33, I've been a home owner for over three years now. I am the sole owner so it is not "our" house but MY house.

It cost me both my arms and both my legs to buy the house and some sanity as well, to keep it I've had to learn how not to live.

I do own a nice car but that's my only vice.

things I have stopped doing:

-drinking
-smoking
-buying worthless plastic like videogames
-travelling
-going out

Now I'm a bit of a recluse without a fake social life, only talking to people who matter. I might be a bit unhappy, but goddamn I'll be unhappy under my own damned roof.

that sounds like a really satisfying existence, kudos

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
i live alone in my own house. my only roommate is anger.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

A Strange Aeon posted:

We found all the cheap houses were in really bad school districts, which we care about because we want to start a family. Maybe that's not a common desire?

mayhaps you've heard of unschooling? :smuggo:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

notZaar posted:

Lmao at the bitter guys trying to dogpile the dude who actually was smart with money. That's right guys, it's all The Man's fault you spent all your money on gadgets and beer, you deserve a house even if you didn't plan your finances or make sacrifices for your goals.

houses are gay

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

and you went and spent it on an art degree

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Two actually

you are a literal aids rapist

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Internaut! posted:

flickety-tap-boom guitar is definitely a millennial thing

this beardo made a video which went viral and kicked off the entire gimmicky movement of boring drony percussive guitar playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

nah, this poo poo's all ani difranco's fault

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Automatic Slim posted:

This is correct. 30-40 yr olds a generation ago, had more responsibilities, had children younger (that will really age you), smoked, and had lovely diets. If you get sent to some rice paddy in SE Asia or storm some beach in Europe and live, you're not going to be trifling wth some onesie party when you get back. They looked older because life demanded them to be adults when they became adults and they carried themselves accordingly.

you're an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Bungbroy posted:

This is true, although it did have Link's Awakening. That game is legit good.

the erotic awakening of L

• Locked thread