Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

My wife's uncle is actually a knowledgeable archaeologist, but outside of that, he is so disappointingly batshit insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Serge Painsbourg posted:

This is the only acceptable Christmas song.

Merry loving Christmas. :unsmigghh:

This is unironically my favorite X-mas song this year. I love Merzbow and I hate christmas music. Well, mostly.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Dogbert was originally supposed to be "Dildog" but the newspapers said no

If only the newspapers said no to Dilbert.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

Blue also posted this picture in the comments:

Ron White is an enormous rear end in a top hat. I say that from personal experience having had to work with him several times. gently caress that guy with a rusty spork.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

snergle posted:

:justpost: The stories. I'm interested because I thought he was one of the more socially liberal blue collar guys. He is also the only one I like. I felt like mac was the only good kings of comedy

Let's just say that he is far more interested in his contractually provided $200 bottle of scotch every night than he is with delivering a decent performance or treating his crew like reasonable human beings.

e: He did have decent taste in scotch, though. It was usually 18 year Macallan.

Mushika has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

quote:

Update: still really glad I didn’t sign up. Almost 10 months later. Why? I don’t even want to buy the clothes anymore and it lost its appeal to me. See my husband just knows me and my crap attention span 😉

quote:

Oh goodness yes! My husband knows me too, but he let me go for it. I really wish he was more firm in telling me NO haha because I’m getting ready to close up shop. It hurts a little, but it’s the best thing for me and my family.

The sheer frequency of this sort of sentiment in the comments... It's really sad.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

DAD NO

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I never understood why that sandwich seemed so weird. It sounds like a legit sandwich.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

From incel to in cell.

We can only hope.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I've told this story before but I had a history teacher who couldn't pronounce any number over 100,000. The first time she flubbed one a few times so I tentatively said it correctly assuming it was just one of those things that happens. Like when you erase a typo then write it again the exact same way. From then on though she'd call on me to read out any number over 100,000 for her which was a lot of pressure because I'd have to pay attention instead of play snake on my phone. When we covered World War II it was a nightmare reading about the death toll not because of the horrific human tragedy but because there were so many big numbers.

My first grade teacher actually rapped my knuckles with a yard stick for impudently insisting that she was wrong about how the letter "X" was pronounced. She was teaching that the words "fox" and "box" were pronounced "fosk" and "bosk". To her logic, if they were pronounced the way that we all normally say them, they would be spelled "focks" or "bocks" instead of with an "X". That's when I learned to just go along with whatever and keep my mouth shut. It was also a grade school in rural Louisiana 30 something years ago.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I don't know who that lobotomy victim on the right is, but it sure looks like the mom from That 70's Show has been really hitting the gym lately.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

hanales posted:

Lottery of Babylon is a thread hero.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Idiots on Social Media: Yes those are helicopters holding up her titties

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

ilmucche posted:

I have never seen this happen :s

I've thought about checking his post history, but I'd prefer to maintain the mystery, really.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

there wolf posted:

I'm saying that when I made the first post, I had colloquial use in mind and it muddled things. So lets hope I can set the record straight from here. As far as taxonomy is concerned rat and mouse are indiscriminately applied to a bunch of rodents rendering it a meaningless distinction.

Extrapolate that out to the most causal of colloquial uses, no mention of specific species or anything, and people generally just call the big ones rats and the small ones mice. So the question of what to call a big mouse when the word for rat is 'big mouse' is kind of moot. They aren't different things past a certain level of specification the way a millipede vs. centipede are.

I see what you're saying and that's a fair point, but I think the problem is that you're using taxonomy and common usage interchangeably and it's a bit confusing. "Woodrat" and "cane rat" are not taxa (for example), they are common terms for species that aren't even closely related.

Mak0rz posted:

I still don't fully understand the point you're trying to make and I'm not sure if you do either. Regardless I'm done talking about it because it's derailing :shrug:.

Yeah, sorry to continue the derail. I'm the Idiot on Social Media, obviously.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Slugnoid posted:

why yes, trains are a very reliable way to commit suicide

I thought that was referring to the weird and mildly unhinged train enthusiasts who get boners documenting trains coming and going and organize meetups to see particular rare model trains roll by or whatever. It's a bit obsessive, but I've known a few over the years and I'd sure rather hang out with train fetishists than most people quoted in this thread.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

HAHA 🍑🍑🍑sup SLUT?!?🍑🍑🍑 guess what month it is? that's right bitch... 🌽HOEVEMBER!🌽 ♋420♋ years ago TODAY the mayflower discovered america 🇺🇸 and we've been sluttin it up ever since!!! 🍻💊💉😘😘😘 u know what that means😉... its time to give thanks for your main boo 👧💍👨👉👌 the side thang 😉💁💸💸 and all those other hoes who drive you CrAzY!!! 😂😂😂 send this to 69 (😉😉😉) of ur baddest pilgrim bitches and see what u get back!👿 <5, ur basic af 😢😏👎 5-15, u thicker than pumpkin pie 🎃😳🍆🍆 15-25, ur one STUFFED turkey 😋👏🐔 25+ they best be calling u christopher HOElumbus 😍😸🎉🎉🎉 remember, u MUST copy and paste! 😡 if u don't... ur pullout game 🍆 will be WEAK for FIFTY YEARS😱... and u will NEVER have money💵 AGAIN 🙅... NO CHEATING 🙈🙉🙊! ready? GO!!!! 🍁HAPPY HOEVEMBER!!!!!!!🍁

I think "baddest pilgrim bitches" is going to be my new band name.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Dude can you gently caress off already.

I'm not sure if you're aware of LoB's schtick or not. I'm thinking you aren't, because otherwise you'd understand the service he's providing us and how important it is.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

I'm fully aware of the gimmick and I don't like it or think it's funny. I can go on Reddit and copy and paste random paragraphs too.

Well someone around here is just a spoilsport grumpy gus!

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Last I heard, most straight people have never even heard of cats.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

A big mess of lunacy?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Len posted:

What about the blind deaf out there?

A mix of wild gesticulations, meaningless guttural sounds, and farts?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gender is fluid.

It could be a 10w30, or a 5w30.

:golfclap:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

A whole new meaning to "stealing base". Also :lol: what the gently caress.

I would start going to an awful lot of baseball games if that happened frequently.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Because it smells disgusting.

Smoking smells like poo poo, and it still smells better than vaping.

I have to disagree. Smoking does smell like poo poo, but I would love if all of the smokers around me would vape.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Twitter is a real poor decision.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I've been on my local ones for about 18 months and it's pretty low key. There's always one reviewer person for restaurants per area I've noticed, and I don't think anyone ever dares think to challenge their crown. Most message are with regards to lost/found pets.

Yeah, I've been on mine for going on a year now and it's mostly useful stuff like break in information, lost pets, and "if you want this bookshelf it's on the curb first one gets it I can't be bothered to deal with it" type of stuff.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

^^^ Well gently caress you too, smeghead.

Arnold Judas Rimmer?

Gazpacho soup!

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I really want to talk about this, but I feel like we have misdirected the thread. Should we start a different thread to talk about these issues?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

china bot posted:

PYF reason to live

in all seriousness, this happened because GBS was way too toxic for this sort of conversation (raccoon & bird mods best mods)

I can agree with this.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I see no idiots here.

e: except that oil scavenger

Mushika has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Jun 9, 2018

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I used to go to the Natural History Museum every summer and somehow I've still never seen the whole thing because I would go look at all the dinosaurs, then I'd go look at all the animal dioramas, then I'd be like "oh right I'm at the wrong museum" and I'd go over to the Met and look at all the Egypt stuff which was the reason I'd been like "oh hey I should go to the museum today" in the first place.

Every drat year.

I have no regrets because the dinosaurs are awesome.

The Houston Museum of Natural Science has an insanely huge and awesome dinosaur exhibit. They have other great exhibits as well, but dinosaurs. Just thought I would shoot that your way.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Watermelon is best eaten with a salty white cheese, like a good goat feta.

Best post in pages.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

DicktheCat posted:

Tbf, I'm from the south and I don't think the music is all that great. I guess bluegrass has its songs, but there isn't much else I'm into from the area.

Not a fan of jazz, I take it?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

bessantj posted:

Is that it? I remember that a very long time ago there was a QI 'fact' that there was on Welsh word for blue which you would have thought would have been easy to check. Always made me hesitant to believe when they brought things up on that show.

I seem to remember ancient Greek (like Homer Greek) not having distinguishing words for blue and purple. Like in either the Odyssey or the Iliad, Homer referenced the wine-dark sea.

e: Ah ha!

"The ancient Greeks classified colours by whether they were light or dark, rather than by their hue. The Greek word for dark blue, kyaneos, could also mean dark green, violet, black or brown. The ancient Greek word for a light blue, glaukos, also could mean light green, grey, or yellow."

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

e: Yeah, never mind. The misogynist and homophobic poo poo I can't abide.

Mushika has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Jul 14, 2018

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

I eat peanuts in the shell all the time and my shits are perfectly healthy.

What are we looking at here?

I'll occasionally eat dry roasted peanuts with the shell on. Deep fried peanuts always have the shell on and they're pretty tasty, if a bit much. The shell gets nice and crispy rather than tough and fibrous. Boiled peanuts, though, are my favorite. The ones that are less mature than most come out of the boil with very soft shells. Just eat those whole without a second thought.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

They're Trig's turds. Can't you read?

Ah, yes. My mistake. Trig has very interesting butthole geometry.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Everyone in Australia is like that. Haven't you ever seen wombat droppings?

I can't say that I have. I have travelled with several Australian friends, though I must admit to never having witnessed them poop, nor was I ever given the opportunity to examine their buttholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

T-man posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Idiots on Social Media: very interesting butthole geometry

I'm rather flattered by this.