Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Wish I'd known about this thread earlier it's always nice to see what the...

This woman and anyone who supported her actions needs to be locked in a windowless cell forever. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

VikingSkull posted:

you should've been here for the standoff, it was amazing

I was a regular in the Mahuer thread. I just... tried to block a lot of the raw :stonk: stupidity from my mind after that thread was closed down and was not expecting to open this one and immediately run face first in to grade-A child abuse.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Regular Nintendo posted:

loving :lol:

Dear patriots I mail you these bullets so you can

Probably more that someone just used an envelope to hold them? The USPS would noticed a (non-padded) envelope has bullets in it and the sender would get a very unpleasant visit from law enforcement.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I wish the Marines could and would disavow people like him.

:v: "My husband's a Marine and knows honor...etc."
:commissar: "Your husband's a disgrace to the Corps and everything we stand for."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

radical meme posted:

Two and half years in Federal prison seems kind of on the light side here for one of the main players. Is that the max we can expect for the Bundiy clan if they force this to trial? They'd be out before all of the appeals are even finished. I thought they were going to make more of a example out of these fuckers.

The Feds know they can easily nail Cliven, and probably all his idiot sons, hard enough to keep them in prison for decades and it'd be nice if they actually did just that considering the whole "armed standoff against law enforcement and openly encouraged violence against the BLM and its employees" thing. They're a family of domestic terrorists and need to be dealt with as such.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Here's a better version of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/770031344554483712
This is going to be good. Though if she succeeds gently caress everything forever.

There is zero chance of her winning. Even if she manages to get some crazy rear end in a top hat right winger judge to rule in her favor (or even hear her case) it'll be struck down immediately on appeal. A leader of an armed occupation got out of a vehicle after trying to run a roadblock and kept going for a gun in his pocket while being told to put his hands in the air. There's no way the courts aren't going to side with law enforcement on this.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

OkC was largely in response to Waco and Ruby Ridge. It's literally the #1 reason the government wants to avoid another Waco or Ruby Ridge style incident so that one of the few truly insane assholes don't actually go over the edge and blow up a few hundred people again.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The Conspiracy Charge against Pete Santili in the Malheur standoff has been dropped, he's still in a world of poo poo in Nevada though.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/09/feds_dismiss_federal_conspirac.html#incart_big-photo

That judge needs to learn what the gently caress media actually are. Harassing people who don't support the cause you're there to cover/support goes beyond 1A and media protection. Even the paparazzi don't get threatening with celebs (i think?) like this rear end in a top hat did to locals.

Though he's probably still completely up poo poo creek for Nevada so it's not like they can't just double down on wanting the harshest punishment possible for him there instead. Unless that judge makes a similar ruling in which case we get to look forward to more aggressive "reporting" from assholes like him in the future.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

Basically, yes. Though if you were that fucker you likely gained a rep for being a poo poo bag and the bar would empty out whenever you wandered your rear end in

Are people with challenge coins just too stupid/cowardly to ignore those kinds of people or what?

WrenP-Complete posted:

What would an actual "reasonable" number of rounds be? (not trying to start gun chat!) Is this an order of magnitude or two more than would be expected?

Zero if you're nonviolent as these idiots claim to have been.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

E2: someone showed that screenshot to the judge and apparently Stewart was removed by three US Marshals while screaming.

Hopefully the next time anyone sees her it's in handcuffs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PST posted:

Bonus quote, is this some form of mental health problem?

I'm going down the rabbit hole, I might not be able to make it back:

Reagan's legacy shines, one untreated mental illness at a time.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

red19fire posted:

This should be an instant fine. I bet he muttered it under his breath like a child.

I really want the judge to hold him in contempt, and fine him like 3 grand every time he says jury nullification. He's gotten like 10 warnings already, just hammer this idiot.

:qq: but i didn't know the warnings were real warnings! :qq:

People don't seem to get that while nullification is technically "a thing" it also means you're telling the jury "if you personally don't like the law you should ignore it" which while having some potential for good it's ultimately a really bad thing in society for people to be able to just walk after committing crimes because they got lucky and their jury was a bunch of idealists.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Percelus posted:

im glad lavoy was shot and killed, too bad the rest of them still breath. if his widow wins the lawsuit, when zimmerman walked, then we all deserve to be swallowed by the oceans

It is impossible for her to win without having some crazy sovcit judge hearing her case. Even then it'll be overturned on appeal because it's "man gets out of car after running roadblock, keeps reaching for pockets while being told to raise his hands" and having it all on tape? Sure LaVoy was white but even that has its limits.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

I doubt that. It would, however, bring another massive infiltration and crackdown of militia and sov cit groups though. The only thing that allowed them to grow back since the OC bombing was they kept their poo poo mostly under control.

The Feds stopped tracking the militia movement after right wing crying over a report that was basically "hey these groups are on the rise and full of right wing extremists and white supremacists" and oh hey look at who Trump's got nice and riled up this election season. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

cumshitter posted:

Important detail about Mumford's presentation: according to the OPB podcast reporters it was four hours long.
:psyduck:

When I had jury duty it didn't even take us 4 hours to return a verdict on the half dozen or so charges, with each side taking maybe 30 minutes total for their final remarks. I can't imagine sitting through four hours of that guy's insanity.

Gonna laugh if the jury returns a verdict in a very short period of time, though the sovcits will just see it as the process being rigged.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Can't arzy over the election since Clinton's going to probably win by 5+ points, time to arzy over yall qaeda members being found not guilty by reason of American Stupidity.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

:f5:ing this thread so drat hard right now

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

There isn't enough horrible poo poo that could befall the members of this jury. I hope every last one of them has their lives utterly destroyed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Looking forward to President Clinton getting to deal with a bunch of white wing militias legally occupying government property while armed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So the prosecutors are going to appeal because this is completely loving insane, right?

Jurors should be required by law to explain their verdict and if they use the words "jury nullification" the judge should be allowed to shoot them on the spot.

e:

redneck nazgul posted:

clinton will summon janet reno who will have a press conference consisting of five minutes of haunting staring and a slight scowl while standing in front of a fireplace

If it means firebombing the militia I think I'd be ok with it at this point.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

So there was some talk about how the participation in this militia bullshit had been dropping once the Bundy Buddies got rounded up and stuffed in jail, but now that apparently they've proven you can pull this kind of poo poo and get a not-guilty verdict, are we going to see them skyrocket?

I mean, jesus gently caress, what were these idiot jurors thinking

"We protect our own, gently caress the gubmint VOTE TRUMP" is my guess.

I hope the jurors suffer for their decision but they won't. Even if it comes out that some went in to the case determined to let everyone walk nothing will happen. I unironically believe these people should have to justify their decision and face prison time if they even hint at jury nullification. They've just empowered a group that largely overlaps with Trump's reinvigorated white power rear end in a top hat supporters and if we don't seem more ranch/wifelife standoff poo poo and more violence towards BLM employees I'll be loving stunned. These people are all monsters and I wish them the same suffering their bullshit is going to inflict on others.

ponzicar posted:

Does this mean that the juror that got expelled was the one guy refusing to vote not guilty?

Yes, and I'd love to hear their statement about deliberations because I'm guessing it was roughly "they're on tape admitting to this poo poo you stupid loving assholes."

nm posted:

BTW, I have 20bux saying juror 11 speaks within the month.

If they aren't trying to get in from of cameras right now they're an idiot.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

Ill ask again, why do juries not have to provide a basic critical reasoning of there judgments? Would it be to hard to figure out what is "good" enough?

Probably, though I'd still bet money that the jury outright nullified in this case since the odds of "well there wasn't proof beyond reasonable doubt" as their argument is loving laughable.

I'm still more on board with just using the 90s playbook of "militia issue? Kill every last one of them" since at this point I'm not going to be the least bit surprised if they all walk for the loving ranch standoff too.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

So they only hope we have right now is if the jurors are dumb enough to say anything even vaguely related to jury nullification to a camera?

A juror could admit on camera that they lied their way on to the jury to ensure an acquittal and it's not going to matter beyond the feds going after the juror, maybe.

This trial just makes one thing abundantly clear:

A Winner is Jew posted:

Unironically Janet Reno did nothing wrong.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

nm posted:

I don't exactly know what happened. If the judge said "he's still being held on charges in nevada" then yeah, he should have stfued. If they said "well he needs to be processed out", I'm less concerned as I suspect mumford forgot about it.
I'm pretty curious what let to the tackling though, verbal arguements tend not to result in that in court.

Any judge stupid enough to let one of the Bundys out of custody needs to be removed from the bench for incompetence. There is zero loving chance of them not immediately hauling rear end to the family compound to hide behind their militia buddies like their idiot dad did until he was foolish enough to leave and get on a plane.

VikingSkull posted:

So I wonder how many Native Americans are gonna do time for the DAP protest

If members of the tribe hunted these people down and started killing them I'd honestly be unable to serve on that jury because I'd support their actions 100% at this point.

Dear God please give Janet Reno access to some predator drones and this fucker's location.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

disjoe posted:

That's... not how any of that works.

That's exactly how sovcit propaganda works. "Hey since X happened they jury believes Y" and this case is going to be seen as a giant loving victory for all sorts of far right insanity.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

kinda hope the beat the gently caress out of each other at this point.

You know you don't have to go out of the way to validate your redtext, right?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

rudatron posted:

https://twitter.com/pattersonphoto/status/792132362331000832

this is the problem with lovely inbred redneck towns, they all cover for each other's criminal activity, no justice

demolish all of them imo

I'm looking forward to when one or more jurors show up at the next big militia event. Or at least juror #4 who seems to have a bright future in conservatism and right wing worldviews.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

This trial is a really good argument for why jurors need to meet some basic level of competence.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ate all the Oreos posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/794291337398845440

Of course they didn't think they were breaking the law what the gently caress is wrong with you :psyduck:

Juror #4 sounds like a loving gift from God to the defense. JFC this person is a world class idiot. :psyduck:

I can only imagine every time one of the prosecutors reads something about this person they just take another swig from whatever booze they have nearby.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The only way this poo poo would get more insane is if when Trump gives Finncium the Presidential Medal of Freedom posthumously.

Alan Smithee posted:

lol watch these loving rear end eaters protest against a federal government run by trump

Trump's loudest supporters are these people. He's not going to go after them or they him, but you can bet your rear end he's going to authorize full force against BLM and similar movements.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

This makes me happy and I'd be kinda shocked if every single person involved isn't on watchlists because they and a lot of the militia movement should be.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I give him better than even odds of being right. Trump could pardon all of them early next year and nobody would give a gently caress at all by the time the next elections roll around. It all depends on if one of Trump's handlers cares about the case enough to put the paper in front of Trump to sign.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I saw 82 posts and figured something had happened but no it's just a bunch of dumb posts arguing about ARE GUNZ.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

here we go
:catdrugs:
cya later oxy-addicted hicks

:staredog:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Man, Ritzenheimer is cruising for jail time, isn't he?

This is just lovely. Fucker played them like fools and I bet they're still going to overlook this and still think he supports them.

Trump's pick isn't as awful as people might've expected but there's still nothing that would or could stop Trump and the GOP if they decide to start selling Federal lands to companies for exploration and exploitation.

VikingSkull posted:

to be fair in the US we also have life without parole so that's a bit more extreme

but yeah, a lot of life sentences are actually "x number of years with review for early release" which is more or less the same thing

Life sentences in the US have no obligation to consider parole at specific timeframes like Norway's system IIRC.

Norway's system is "the max time is up, do we think this person's actually ok to release?"
The US's system is "this person will be in here until they die unless we're given a good reason to consider and grant parole."

...unless it's life without parole, in which case you are going to die in jail unless you get a pardon or some new evidence overturns your conviction.

Being a prisoner in Norway or Sweden is probably better than living in destitute poverty in the US and it's unquestionably better than the slave labor torture camps the private prison industry runs in the US.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

It's going to be funny, in a really sick sort of way, to watch the militia activity fall off now that the kind of authoritarianism they approve of is ruling the country. Especially after years of them insisting that it's not because of the black president.

Its not funny because it's not going to drop off. It's going to grow stronger, especially if/when Cliven walks because some lolbertarian/sovcit shitlord manages to make their way in to his jury.

red19fire posted:

Wow, that's so weird, some yahoo posting the informants' names on his blog was exactly the reason the government didn't want to give the defense its list of informants during discovery. What a coincidence :monocle:

And there's gently caress all they can do about it now. Unless they can get bloggers to be ruled as not-press and not afforded 1A protections, which would be terrifying especially given Trump's hate for the established media to say nothing of random bloggers who he might not like. Also his closeness with Bathory-cosplayer Peter Thiel.

Evil Fluffy has issued a correction as of 04:06 on Jan 10, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

That judge has to realize they can't do poo poo (and have it stick if the person fights it) if/when Hunt ignores them, right?

It's pretty firmly established that the media is under zero obligation to not post classified or sealed information regardless of how they got it (assuming the report themselves didn't directly break the law to obtain said info).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Knight posted:

Somewhat related, I know Oathkeepers are nutty but I didn't realize how severe

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/820785016586125312
The article is a repost from Natural News (what strange bedfellows). Imagine, leftists occupying federal buildings!

Nothing surprising by this. The Oathkeepers would be the first to volunteer for service if Trump ordered all muslims be rounded up and put in to camps. During the Ferguson protests there was the Oathkeeper who wasn't a full on white supremacist that wanted to arm protesters and was shocked, shocked, that the right wing old white conservative Oathkeeper leadership didn't want to arm black people.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder if these very credible rumors are at all related to this? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b043ad97e516f7

Right wing nutjobs trying to hire left wing nutjobs to cause chaos and riots on inauguration day. For reasons. Once you're down that rabbit hole it would make sense to then leak those chaos plans to other right wing groups.

See also: Pro-life groups crying about the women's rights march.

Krinkle posted:

Remember when he got busted trying to wiretap a sitting congresswoman? How the gently caress did a federal felony turn into boys will be boys?

One of his co-conspirators from that incident is the son of a U.S. Attorney, for starters. Everyone involved is white and from upper-middle class or wealthier backgrounds too. If it had been minorities trying to bug a Republican senator they'd maybe be in prison but odds are they'd have been shot by the cops and immediately demonized as radical left wing terrorists by the MSM.

gently caress this country so much.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Pretty much the fate of national parks and federal lands will be heavily affected by Patrick Bateman Trump's influence on his dad for the next 4-8 years. Though he's a safari loving kind of rich rear end in a top hat IIRC, so anything that'd look good as a trophy and currently has federal protection is probably at high risk.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I like that that guy shot off his mouth about being some sort of badass trained killer and thinks it shouldn't be allowed to be presented in court.

Kinda hosed up that these people are probably going to walk because our country's hosed beyond belief. Also looking forward to Trump and/or members of his administration making statements of support for Tarpman's family on the 1 year anniversary of his suicide by cop.

Discendo Vox posted:

Hundreds Expected At Meeting In Oregon 1 Year After LaVoy Finicum's Death

Here's the event site. They're charging admission. The speakers list appears to be a collection of sovcit gurus, but I don't have time atm to look into them.

Gonna be so many undercover feds at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

They will. Keeping jurors safe and free of intimidation, or worse, is going to outweigh any sort of 1A argument.

Also keep in mind that the Las Vegas Review-Journal is the newspaper that was bought by billionaire human garbage Sheldon Adelson. There is nothing noble in the paper's desire for the names of jurors.