Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Linux Pirate posted:

I just wanna see pictures of dumb people doing dangerous stuff at work.
Me too. I like to read this thread at work for maximum OSHA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Parallax Scroll posted:

its a fire truck
goddammit

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Wade Wilson posted:

poo poo, my 2012 car has a feature where you just leave the lights "on" all the time and the car turns them on only if:

1. The ignition is running.
2. The sensors on the car detect that it's dark enough to need them.

This results in the lights basically running from the time you crank the car until about 5 minutes after you turn the car off the evening commute, so it's not a problem any more.
My 2008 truck has the same feature, with an option for "turn the lights on anyways" which only persists as long as the keys are in the ignition. It's real nice.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ruggan posted:

That's a stupid qualifier. The sun's surface is only ~6,000C, but the sun is ~15,000,000C at its core and ~1,000,000C+ in its corona (which surrounds the sun and extends millions of km into space). The sun's surface is the coolest part of or anywhere around the sun by orders of magnitude. To imply that the torch comes anywhere close to the heat of the sun just to get people to go "wow that's hot!!!" is pretty misleading imo.
But it was literally the surface of the sun referenced, not the inside. You're actually mad that what he posted was true.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAy9LAhoKdA

Can we post more happy-ending OSHA please?
Of course he's rocking a bottle of Fireball.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

My Q-Face posted:

They said reporter narrowly avoids getting out of the way. They didn't say anything about "cameraman gets hit by car!" Welcome to LA!
Camera was probably on a tripod.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Laopooh posted:

For some reason my brain read that as fix-ants and I immediately stopped reading the post to daydream about how cool it is that scientists have engineered ants to clean up radiation, like that oil spill eating bacteria. Like you'd sprinkle some sugar on the contaminated area and your cute little fix-ants would would don their hardhats and go clean it all up for you.

Then I resumed reading and was disappointed :downs:
If it's any consolation I am disappointed that your reading isn't correct.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Gorilla Salad posted:

God drat, I wasn't paying close attention and when I saw "update on the collapsed garage" and that image, I thought they were from the same incident :stonk:
I like your version better. The people fall through the roof and just keep falling.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
boop

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Decrepus posted:

Right you are, Ken.
Courts would be a lot better if everyone had to dress like MXC characters.

I'd also accept "trial by japanese game show".

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Keiya posted:

Why did they still have the Avacyn standee up? It's obviously recent - the Kaladesh skyships are hung up.

(What, doesn't everyone use Magic paraphernalia to date videos?)
Some stores like to leave that poo poo up until someone throws a tantrum and breaks it. It's the card shop version of the OSHA "no accidents in X days" posters; "X days since some :spergin: threw a fit."

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

JB50 posted:

Wait til youre older and your metabolism slows down.
People have been telling me that for 15 years and every year only serves to prove them all more and more wrong. I'm 6'1 150lbs, I have an office job with nerd hobbies, and I still eat like a pro swimmer. I am the envy of pretty much everyone I tell this to.

Tonight for dinner I'm gonna have an entire pizza with a few beers and then probably have a box of cereal for dessert.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jerry Cotton posted:

All the fat is in your arteries. Enjoy your coronary :mmmhmm:
Last doctor's visit said my heart is healthy and all my assorted humors are just peachy!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jerry Cotton posted:

You'll be amazed to find the heart and blood vessels are completely different organs.
Okay fine Captain Pedantry, all of my everything is fine. Of everything that a doctor checks in a set of routine labs, 100% of it came back within acceptable parameters for a 32 year old white male. I am suffering no ill effects from my diet of ungodly amounts of food, except for the constant hunger that comes from having the metabolism of a 16 year old runner.

JB50 posted:

I take it youre under 40?

You could also try lifting weights. I packed on 20 pounds the past couple of years, but my waistline hasnt changed.
I am, and I should but I have no room in my apartment and there's no decent gym nearby.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Powershift posted:

do you have a couch? lift your couch.
That sounds like a good idea except I can't wrap my head around how I would do that without loving my back up.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Powershift posted:

Well, fine, if you're going to be that combative. i'll just tell you what you want to hear then.
Christ you're touchy. I wasn't being combative at all, I genuinely do not know how I would lift a couch (being a long, heavy, rather unwieldy object) by myself without loving my back up. I was expecting you to say "here is a diagram" or maybe "you do this, step 1: X; step 2, Y; step 3: etc" but since something apparently crawled up your rear end and started biting I guess that's too much to expect.

zedprime posted:

A set of free weights packs down into a briefcase size and opens up all sorts of bulking exercises you can do in a closet let alone any normal living space. You won't be a swole lord with one set of free weights but you can tone enough to not be a noodle man.

Bonus OSHA I just leave mine sitting around willy nilly and a friend broke his toe when he stubbed it on one once.
This is helpful, thanks! I'll wrap a high-vis vest around it for extra OSHA.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I could honestly watch this for hours. :allears:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Now imagine walking falling down those drunk.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GPF posted:

That just sets up my billion dollar idea:

Imagine saving your family from burning alive...
Imagine making your business fire-proof...
Imagine all this in a simple, organic, free-range, life-affirming, crystal clear liquid...

Introducing Homeopathic Asbestos! The 10x dilution is even more powerful! Buy two, buy thousands!
But is it also gluten free and organic?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GPF posted:

um...SURE! It's also vegan and feminist...aaaaand...um. Alkaline!!

How many gallons can I put you down for? Each month? Sure, we can do that.
With one more buzzword you'll have enough money to buy the presidency in 2020! Might I interest you in "cage-free" or "free range"?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Be sure to drink your malk
How else am I gonna get my vitamin R?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yes, it's literally 'I am become my own soap'.
I am become soap, destroyer of bacteria.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, what do you do? Apart from the aforementioned "helicopter dumping buckets of concrete into the hole".
World's.

Largest.

Sponge.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

They did let me in long enough to collect my laptop, after which I wandered into the senior hydrogeologist/former IT guy's office to camp out, where he was playing a ukelele cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," because my morning wasn't surreal enough as it was.
I think you may have actually been working at The Office.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

FrozenVent posted:

So no the steam wafting around in the opening minutes of Top Gun isn't radioactive
I mean that would explain a lot about Tom Cruise.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Grem posted:

Yea, so much hype was around the dude winning with "unconventional" tactics but really he's just that guy that makes you wanna flip tables at Magic tournaments.
He's the guy who shows up to standard FNM with a deck loaded with old cards, then claims "oh I thought that got reprinted" when he gets called on it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
This is some surrealist art right here.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

You cant see the forest for the trees
Maybe he just needs to branch out.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
0.999... = 1

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Prepare to enter.... the Scary Door.
Great, now we're all secretly Hitler.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

rear end-Haggis posted:

his skeleton replaced by a series of pneumatic bladders, his life a new fresh hell.
Kif?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Collateral Damage posted:

They're in some places in the UK as well, and are a great source of schadenfreude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hb0ERuZHc4
I love it when the windshield wipers turn on when they're impaled. It adds a lovely bit of added ridiculousness.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah, we have one highway tunnel here with tons of big red titles signs telling hazardous vehicles to exit before it. instead of going through the tunnel, they go straight through the heart of downtown minneapolis
They do that in the hopes that it takes something of use out and some developer can replace it with another $2200/mo "luxury apartment" building.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Volcott posted:

I've been paying more attention to those material codes because of this thread and it's always something boring like UN 1993.

C'mon, just give me one truck of molten phenol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Ty3O0Vac4

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Was that the one where they blew up their boiler for the house insurance money but moved literally everything out first before the "accident"?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Memento posted:

Looking at that transcript is amazing. Somehow a dude whose college record makes him vaguely qualified to be a cattle farmer is in charge of the scientific advancement of energy supply and the radioactive waste disposal of the largest economy in the world.

Counting his grades, he has 9 Bs, 15 Cs and 5 Ds. Napkin math and my vague understanding of the way US colleges figure things out gets him a GPA of less than 2.2
I had a better GPA than Rick Perry, that's sad and funny at the same time.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

haveblue posted:

At my college the Meat Sciences building was placed between a dorm and a cemetery...
Right between the fresh meat and the discount meat. Seems perfect!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jeoh posted:

"Why would you help someone if you weren't guilty?" is the Chinese mindset.
That's the kind of thing that would make a libertarian say "drat that's cold". What the gently caress, China.

vvv alternatively "why would you feel guilty?"

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 12, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

MF_James posted:

I dunno I live in chicago, we get horrible rain, horrible snow and strong winds, never have power problems, almost seems like sometimes when you install poo poo infrastructure you get poo poo results. Not saying Chicago's infra is amazing or anything, but it stands up to wind/snow/rain.
Same but minneapolis. The last time I remember us losing power was when we had a storm so bad it was causing major flooding and ripping trees up by the roots, so I can't really blame the power lines for not staying up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

shame on an IGA posted:

In America we have trees
not for long