Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

that's clearly not true, you can't drown a suspected witch more than once.

What if she survived the first drowning?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Then you burn her.

But then she can just magic the fire away. I don't think you've thought this through.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

So I guess my question after reading that is: what was the FBI investigating in the first place? What did she do that was negligent enough to warrant an investigation? I'd heard so many things about her sending classified information through that server, but should we read the non-indictment as saying that didn't happen, or that it did but it's not a criminal offense?

I think they found the e-mail server while looking for Ben Ghazi's skeleton in her closet.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yes, though again everyone knew about this

Look the GOP needed a new scandal because Benghazi wasn't paying dividends and the server was right there! When you put a cookie jar in clear view of a child you don't blame the child when the jar turns up empty.

Of course the end result is the kid gets a hell of a stomach ache, but hey, maybe they'll learn this time! (or not)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

We did it guys!

We really did it!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

the_homemaster posted:

Pretty sure you don't get shot if you don't resist arrest.

What constitutes 'resisting arrest' in your view? And since when is the punishment for resisting arrest a death sentence?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This committee is pretty much the Republicans going 'You have failed me for the last time, Comey!', then pressing the button to open the secret alligator pit. Except it opens a foot away from where Comey's standing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

I figure my chance to gain it back is positively correlated with my CPH (cheeseburgers per hour).

Lol that people think that the ability to shovel cheeseburgers deserves to be a protected class.

Cash cows fuel the economy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
There's plenty of fat young'ns in Israel. I used to see one every time I looked in the mirror.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
She'll say she plays Pokemon GO and her favorite is Agumon.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

misty mountaintop posted:

Optimus Prime is a truck and Megatron is a gun.

To be fair if guns could transform into giant robots I'd be all for guns for everyone. The only way to stop a bad bot that's a gun is with a good bot that's a gun.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I know about Dan Quayle is that at some point he apparently said 'The future will be better tomorrow.' I know this because this quote appeared in (I believe) Civilization 2. Also the worst end-game rank you could get in that game was Dan Quayle.

So at least MicroProse didn't think much of him.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Nitrousoxide posted:

Man that guy on the ground and autistic child sure are dangerous.

https://twitter.com/Delo_Taylor/status/755985094926622720

Just about a week ago a man killed 80 people with a truck. Just imagine what that kid could have done with a train. How could they know it was a toy and not real? It's a split-second decision, life & death, all that pressure.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Man, Trump's such a chump. He should have mentioned that many people believe that Ted Cruz is Ted Cruz. Sure, he hasn't weighed the evidence yet, but you gotta wonder...

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

You know let out not go without saying, but actually Hillary Clinton is also pretty rad and has been doing good stuff her whole life and on balance would be a massive good for the country.

Actually I believe you'll find that she single-handedly started the war in Iraq, killing millions.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Uranium Phoenix posted:

This is also fascinating to me. People in this thread are going apeshit about votes, and yet, Hilary's vote for a horrifying war that led to even worse things is dismissed as something that doesn't matter. Which is it?

Have you been deceived by the authorities to believe that Trump is actually a great guy and it won't be terrible if he wins?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

Is... is that a terrorist fist bump? :ohdear:

It's the Bilderberg Group secret handshake.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

Bigotry is OK, or not worth mentioning, because after all it is the status quo.

How offensive would a "brainstormed" strategy have to be for you not to blow it off? Secret black baby? Dad killed JFK?

Those two things would be a lot less offensive if they weren't actually used, yes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

Interesting, I would think they would raise serious questions about the ethics and character of the organization that allowed staffers to air such ideas.

Can you link the whole conversation concerning this brainstorming session? I want to see how it went but I can only find the one specific e-mail in it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

I want to see the whole conversation. That's not the whole thing, right?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, have you never had people saying dumb things in your workplace? I guess this is enough to say they were all no angels.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

If I sent something like that to my CEO I would expect a formal reprimand at the very least, or even something more than "AMEN."

Maybe he got a personal call or visit for the reprimand? One person says "AMEN" and suddenly everyone was totally fine with that idea (which is why they didn't do it)? And all the donors knew this was happening which is why it's okay to ruin their lives?

And people can get away with saying a lot of stupid poo poo. You probably have more work experience than me so I'm surprised you don't know that.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Mike the TV posted:

I don't know about you but where I work you'll get fired for racist emails.

Lucky you I guess.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

The person who said "AMEN" was Amy Dacey, CEO of the DNC.

Wait, so who's that one person everyone hates there? I thought she was in charge.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow Sedan, did you miss this little E-mail?

quote:

Re: No poo poo

From:MARSHALL@dnc.org To: MirandaL@dnc.org, PaustenbachM@dnc.org, DaceyA@dnc.org Date: 2016-05-05 03:33 Subject: Re: No poo poo

It's these Jesus thing.

> On May 5, 2016, at 1:31 AM, Brad Marshall <MARSHALL@dnc.org> wrote:
>
> It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.

And the AMEN reply is a direct reply to the above. Since he replied to this rather than to the original it's pretty clear he's doing the AMEN for the explanation as to why they wouldn't like an atheist.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Reason posted:

Pretty sure at one of the Town Halls someone did ask Bernie "Do you believe in god?". So maybe they did it, maybe they didn't. It kind of goes against the point of having a town hall where people get to ask honest questions for the DNC to then plant a specific Gotcha! question like that. Pretty sure Bernie aced the question better than any religious person would have though. Something about caring for everyone and how all lives effect others' lives.

A quick check tells that happened on February, before the e-mail.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
What did the e-mail leaks reveal about DWS? The only thing I remember from last night (my time) was the 'Jew or atheist' question, and I thought that didn't involve her. Did it? Was it something else?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

That the DNC, which she's in charge of, was cooking up anti-Bernie plots, despite her many public assurances that wasn't the case. The party needs to show that its committee isn't going to tolerate that type of behavior going forward.

But I thought this Dacey person was in charge. Who is this Dacey person then?

e: I guess I thought since she was CEO she was in charge, though now that I think about it I don't know why I thought that

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 24, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Will Israel is really lovely, dumb millennials could be equating and conflating Bibi and Judaism

If they are, it might be thanks to Israel working really hard to equate Israel with Judaism.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

So if most of you are HRC paid stooges, why are you all talking with each other here in DnD? Why don't setup a slack channel or something. Seems to be more efficient.

Nobody who matters reads SA, so it'll never reach the press.

  • Locked thread