Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what the gently caress does orz mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

zakharov posted:

My brother is literally an adult baby help reddit

I don't know what I'd do if someone messed up my once-in-lifetime petting session with an adorable baby tiger. Probably punch them in the face when they least expect it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah. Comment about how taxing motherhood is is more than fine. Comment about degradation of breasts not fine.

The comment the bride made indicated SHE thought the comment was saying she shouldn't breast feed so much, so even though he was inappropriate, he wasn't attacking motherhood or whatever it is they're accusing him of. Poor (probably drunk) guy was probably just trying to (ineptly) make conversation and...chose poorly. Also we don't actually know that information was not skewed when it was relayed to the bride.

Not saying he didn't do something dumb, but he didn't seem to do what the bride is accusing him of.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 21, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
He should agree on the condition that closet and bathroom counter space is divided the same way.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

WampaLord posted:

How about you don't haggle percent points with your partner at all when you both make effectively the same money.

How many real dollars per month is this argument about? Over or under $50?

If the rent is $3000 a month, it works out to a difference of $180 a month or $2160 a year.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dienes posted:

Its not cheating if its with permission.

I'm not sure how much would actually change if they just divorced. Taxes, I suppose.

Gaunab posted:

TL;DR: Wife's adopted brother is in love with her, don't know what to do now. 

WTF kind of name is "Mon"? :psyduck:

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 22, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Meander posted:

My [20F] (now ex) boyfriend [22M] told me he has another significant other out of no where

His dominatrix who he thought was just tying him up and humiliating him for fun/money made him send the first text.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Khorne posted:

That's a real interesting take on Cinderella.

rear end Slippery

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [27F] need tips on remembering my girlfriend [26F] kid [3M]. He sleeps in her bed when he has nightmares. I always roll over on-top of him all the time.

A. After the second time why didn't he sleep on Mommy's other side?

B. This is where fetishes start.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

also how do you forget a kid is there?

The same way you steal all the loving blankets without waking up.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 24, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

La Brea Carpet posted:

Thought this was going to be about video games, but instead lol

Tell him that as long as he's buying figures instead of paying rent, anything he buys belongs to the parents to do with what they please. I hope they have a dog.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Moridin920 posted:

I mean I'm fully aware that LEGO is objectively a waste of money because it is a bunch of plastic bits but idk man I like that poo poo it is relaxing.

:yeah:
Lego is an artistic medium that doesn't dry out, is infinitely reusable, and has held its value for at least the last 30 years.

It makes at least as much sense as those $20 colouring books.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lonely Virgil posted:

Buy your bar of Lindt and eat while he throws a tantrum, girl. You deserve it.

Seriously, Hershey's counts as abuse.

Also, thinking the husband might have grown up poor. Perhaps very poor.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I [16M] spilled warm water on my brothers [16M] crotch as a prank. Mom is furious because it was warmer than I thought it was.

If it was that bad, he should have been screaming incoherently.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gaunab posted:

Another cat story

Open the door and let them be outside cats and adopt some kittens.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

The story makes more sense if you assume this is true because then its a tale of a kid pettily trying to gently caress up his step-brother whom he probably loathes in a way he hopes he can play off as a "prank".

I [16M] spilled warm water on my brothers [16M] crotch as a prank. Mom is furious because it was warmer than I thought it was.

quote:

My younger brother and I like to play pranks on my twin

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mirthless posted:

that bit kind of hosed me off, aren't twins supposed to like each other extra? you don't pour hot coffee on the dick of somebody you like

i mean unless they're into that kind of thing

I've only known one (1) set of identical twins, but they went through hardcore individualization in high school and were pretty rocky for awhile. I think he probably only wanted to embarrass him, but, you know, didn't do it right.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pick posted:

6 star hotel

They only go up to 5, though?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tiny Deer posted:

The result is that after about a month of being "open", my wife has hooked up with a few guys and has a couple more in the works, while I have thus far accomplished zero. 

Gee, I wonder who first proposed opening their marriage...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ArbitraryC posted:

actual heaven protocol

A. You are too busy singing hymns about how great God is for the rest of forever for it to even matter
Or
B. Being dead leads to a unique perspective of life so it doesn't matter
Or
C. If heaven is real, no reason a soul can't be in more than one place at a time

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Any cologne with musk will instantly de-veganize the air.

It would probably be better to just fry bacon every single day until he breaks.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bubblyblubber posted:

That lede was burried so deep loving lava came out when I noticed it on a second read.

It's only lava if it comes out a volcano. :science:

Breakfast chat: 7 to 8 is really early and kind of a jerky thing to do since most nerds tend to be night owls. I live in silicon valley and the earliest you can get hot food at one major company is 8am. Cutting perks is basically cutting salary, because they probably factored into your decision of whether to join the company in the first place. Most people wouldn't be happy to be suddenly informed that they'll arbitrarily get $10 less a week.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

How do I [ 27/M] redeem myself after a possibly creepy comment on a friend's [22/F] photo?

Now, I think that may have been creepy, or stalkerish. Even if she didn't think so, her lack of reply could come across to the other females:redflag: in my social group that I'm creepy or a loser. So I need to redeem my social market value:redflag::redflag: somehow. Any ideas? 

TL;DR: Casually asked why a girl didn't go to a festival last year when she promoted the same festival this year. Might have been creepy. What can I do to redeem my social value?

quote:

She replied to 2 other people's comments. But not me. 

She probably thinks im an incel:redflag::redflag::redflag:.

quote:

Nah, research the bandwagon effect. People respond better to people who are ppopular. If someone is not popular and alone, people will ignore them...take a psychology class.

quote:

Because other females in my social circle will see how I was ignored, and the womankind:redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag: hivemind will know to automatically fall in line.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

blackmet posted:

I used the word "Plumber." And came out with this long, sad story.

Dude needs to realize he can unilaterally vaccinate his daughter without mom.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Khorne posted:

That's the smallest of the problems in that post.

It seems like the dude has no spine and is content with his wife living in some neurotic battered cycle that makes no sense given their living situation.

Those are serious problems, but keeping the baby from dying of easily preventable diseases is the most important and simple to fix.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I [23F] wear wigs for fun. My bf [22M] wants me to stop but I don't think that's fair.

quote:

I don't have any hair issues or anything, I just like hair. My own hair is breast length and brown. Being a theatre kid in high school just made me love wigs and makeup.

So, I have 4 wigs. They range from short and blonde to waist length and black. I basically have the styles that I've ever seriously considered cutting/dying my hair into in wig form. Some days I wear them, some days I don't. I wear a wig maybe 30-40% of the time.

Originally, I thought bf was fine with the wigs. When I first told him he wanted to see/touch/try them on which was expected. I have pictures of him with black waist length hair on and everything. But with time I guess hes gotten fed up?

Earlier today we were texting and i asked him if we could role play professor/student during sex. He said sure and I was happy and I mentioned that I wanted to be blonde for it and he asked why, I said it would be hot and make it easier to get into character, and he kind of shut down on me. Didn't reply for three hours.

So he calls me and he straight up tells me he'd prefer if I stopped wearing wigs completely. He said he finds the fact that I can put it on and take it off unattractive. But he reassured me he loves me and finds me beautiful, he's just "disgusted" by seeing the wigs. He wants us to be together. His proposed compromise was that I only wear wigs if we're going out to a club, party, or bar. I don't think that's fair.

I was kinda dumbfounded because it's like jeez, I just wanted to be a blonde schoolgirl. But he was honest, I guess. So at this point, I think he's being unfair. I don't want to stop wearing them or restrict myself that much. I want the right to wear them at the grocery store if I want to.

So my question is, is there a better compromise for us that I can propose to him? I love him a lot but I'm pretty annoyed. He's known about the wigs since the second week he knew me. If they were so disgusting I wish he wouldve said something then. :/

Tl;dr: I like wigs. Bf hates wigs and wants me to only wear them to nightlife activities (parties, clubs, bars) I don't think that's fair since I barely go to those kinds of places. Is there a better compromise?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tolkien minority posted:

I'm [20F] studying abroad and miserable
submitted 8 hours ago by baguettebaguettebagu to /r/relationships

This is just very sad. It sounds like her hosts are just doing it for the paycheck and resent her for it, and it's not like the study abroad program needs her approval. They already have her money. I suppose it's possible that she's a huge Oui-aboo and that's turning everyone off.

Also, this reminds me of my friend (17F) who went to study abroad in Russia and returned a broken shell of a human being. Never did find out exactly what happened. :(

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

chumbler posted:

I thought being a beta nerd was invisibility, not persecution.

Haven't you heard? Invisibility IS persecution.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Palisader posted:

This one is long. I'd condense it, but phone posting sucks and the whole thing is really special. I kind of cheated with my search term vape

Don't marry manchildren, friends

The guy is definitely awful, but also, isn't it a bit ridiculous to start renting when you own a house free and clear? Like...this is a bad move, financially.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Me [40 M] with my wife [38 F] of 14 years, she makes me the responsible one, then laughs at me

This guy got lost in pedo-drama and halloween-gate. I feel really bad for this guy, even if he does sound a little patronizing at times. This may be a rare womenchild as seen in the wild. In her mind, she settled with the safe choice, but is beginning to regret it and take it out on him. He's more her dad now than an equal partner.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

fruit on the bottom posted:

:siren:MY POC GIRLFRIEND:siren:

?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gluten Freeman posted:

everyone shush about app permissions, have some gift dilemmas just in time for valentine's

My opinions:

1. Ask your grandma about the ring before mentioning it to your cousin;

2. Never get someone a car as a surprise!;

1. Maybe they could make a copy of the ring?

2. She said she really likes her car and it runs well and it handles snow...Why does she even want to get a new car? Return the SUV and pocket the money, then :sever: because that seems like a really controlling guy.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LethalGeek posted:

Should i be worried how much I catch young people escaping into this shipping/headcannon/whatever the gently caress or most of them grow out of it once they start actually dating?

People who do this probably have a disproportionate representation on the internet.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm beginning to think going to the gym is a :redflag:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

VanSandman posted:

At least poor old tinydick made the right choice

If he had more time, he could just throw all her poo poo on the lawn, along with the largest novelty dildo he can find, and a note reading "Now you're hosed." Change the locks.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Stay healthy.

Really just wanted to ask if your username is a Jurassic Park reference.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ride The Gravitron posted:

She should shove the toys up his rear end

This situation really calls for something named "The Annihilator" or similar.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fullhouse posted:

I know girl roommates can get remarkably petty with each other but this is something else

I use ski goggles for +5 resistance to Onions, but I imagine swim goggles or even cheap laboratory goggles would work as well.

Definitely NOT saying she should have cut the onion. That girl is crazy.

Moridin920 posted:

For real it's not supposed to hurt for a week after you try it jfc.

Not that she shouldn't still leave that rear end fetish nut anyway.

If you keep picking at it, it's never going to get better.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 13, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fullhouse posted:

it's not gay for your friend to suck your dick if you don't enjoy it, and other stories

That's kind of true, though?

I'm wondering how (21f) rates herself. Also, (24m) might be crushing on her and it's obvious to everyone but her.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also people always try and pair you up with their giant bird friends

The thing of it is, she didn't just express a preference, she said she wouldn't dare, as if it's this thing we as a society have decided. That's kind of gross.

Demographically, something like 85% of American men are under 6' tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Man that flower thing is a new please dump the gently caress out of me signal but it definitely complies with standard dump me flag protocols.

As a person who knows people in the flowers business, they are a ripoff no matter when you buy them.

Plausible chain of events: GF receives giant pretty bouquet. Co-worker jealous. "How", thinks co-worker/boss, "can I ruin this for her, thereby making myself feel better". Seeds of doubt planted. Couple hours pass. GF NEEDS to know before everyone goes home for the day. They're judging her boyfriend, she wants to defend him but doesn't know how!

None of this is in the text, but I've seen people go waaaaaay out of their way to ruin someone else's happiness, particularly at work.

Flowers by their nature are kind of a ripoff unless potted, but I have good memories of buying large bouquets of alstromeria for $5 in college from a guy with buckets on the sidewalk.