Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Leon Einstein posted:

but why make up something so anal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I know this is old but I checked the post and he said it was this:

drat, gotta say I have no idea how to read into that.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

High waisted jeans are back, if that's what you were asking.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Adar posted:

(Very Long): How do I (F21) get over an extremely embarrassing rejection that still haunts me 4.5 years later?

Goddamn, where's the link? Can't find googling some of the text.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Just lol if you arent reading this thread with s big fukn apple burrito in your hand

Coming soon to Denny's -- Apple Cobblerito.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Well I’ll give you a hint. When you use a D class derivative on someone who is all the way wise it becomes a DNA binding E class. The last star iteration only goes one way through the galaxian aperture, comet and all, so that puts you one atom into the galaxy to the north or south and binds DNA. I told people I was dired and wise and they still tried to do some poo poo with their sets and ended up mutilating me. And when my dna changed the military opened fire on me because they could get away with it and I’ve been fighting them off for 6 months with no help while piece of poo poo assholes want to take cheap shots and me and gently caress with me while an active contract on my life is being executed daily.

Where is galaxian used over galactic?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Cythereal posted:

A different subreddit has an important reminder: find out who you're actually dating.

Gonna need dat link.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [27M] girlfriend [29F] [4.5years] is putting pressure on me to end my friendship with my best friend [29M] [8 years]

Upvoted for seamlessly introducing the pseudonyms.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Penguissimo posted:

From boyfriend to husband to fiance back to boyfriend in three paragraphs

I know it's a knock against the OP, but dunno what to make of it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

These last few stories have been doozies. Just having a bunch of dudes come over to j/o and eat chips and play Nintendo. What wife wouldn't understand that?

That one's a copypasta:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100514054804AA9tZbR&guccounter=1

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

u/LLJKSiLk

:holymoley:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

loquacius posted:

Yeah I was expecting a bunch of estranged-parent red flags but IMO to come out that strongly against him here you have to assume a hefty dose of unreliable narrator

I agree, but I think that door is still open. There's definitely some back history with OP's ex and previous problems. What's going on with the kid now can't be divorced from that past, and it might not factor into how to deal with him the most effectively, but some parts of his behavior might not be addressable with the info given (in the new Reddit thread).

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

it owns that LLJSILK's other posts are either about ... star citizen

This is tremendous.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Having a gallon of pre-mixed coolant / antifreeze is a good idea in case you just run low between checkups. Maybe your cooling system has a small leak or seepage while the oil system is fine.

TIL there is a new type of antifreeze that is far less toxic.

https://www.micksgarage.com/blog/everything-you-ever-needed-to-know-about-anti-freeze-and-coolant

Don't wanna get too AI, but if you're gonna buy your own emergency coolant, make sure it's compatible with your cooling system. This is less of a nightmare than it used to be, but some GM and German cars out there have very specific requirements, and mixing different coolants will clog your system. In a pinch, just top up your reservoir with distilled water.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Flannelette posted:

This has to be a troll.

I thought it was a troll the first go-round. Maybe just cuz he spends 0 time defending being a MAGA chud? Unless he does in the other comments.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Imagine, just imagine, a 27 year old man whose ego and identity is so tied to videogames he literally flies into a rage and throws chairs when something threatens that identity. Let it wash over you. Really soak it in.

Good advice, Dr. Video Games 0135.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

andrew smash posted:

Maybe I'm wrong but I get the feeling this lady thinks her sister doesn't know she's been regarded with casual contempt by this OP her whole adult life.

To which I say, nah, lady. She knows and she just loving clowned on you.

I don't see much undercurrent of contempt. The OP started projecting her frustrations with her life onto her sister who got better looking and living free in NYC, and the Mr. Darcy episode put it over the top.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

For the past two years, my family’s been caught up in the trial of the man who indecently attacked my little brother (I have to use euphemistic wording because of this sub’s rules).

Which sub? Is this some weird ACAB thing on LegalAdvice?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Here's one that's not served with a side of :stare: or :smith:. Just a dad gettin' mad.

My [50M] daughters [20F, 18F, 10F, 6F] make stupid hand gestures in photos and they will not stop

Finally, the dad that probably hates dad jokes.

I'd love it if siblings 14 years apart were sharing an injoke.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

therobit posted:

I love posts like this where you start out thinking that of course OP is a shithead, and then by the end it is obvious they are in the right. I don't care if they are real or not, it's a nice ride.

They could have worded it as "my friend lying to me about his seizure risk," though that they didn't doesn't make me think it's a fake or anything.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm stunned... That anyone would still qualify watching something in HD.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Nessa posted:

Lol. I met his parents a few months ago. Pretty sure he’s not some kind of secret agent. Though he does know karate and speak 3 languages....

He’s had a couple of serious relationships and a lot of casual ones. Just nothing serious since I’ve known him.

Answer Pick's dunking on question.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I don't sympathize with it, but I absolutely appreciate listing the heights of the parties involved.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

> He has always paid for my UBER rides when needed (Roughly $80 to 100 one way to and from my house since my house is not in central Tokyo)

I just wanna know if this a lot for Tokyo and for rideshare fares there? Def feels thirsty booty call territory.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

What kind of lawyer would it be? Contract law? Fraud?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Re OlajuwonAce username -- self-awareness about the asexual label?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

The New England Journal of Medicine published a very good article for this exact situation.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMms1805743 for the curious

Non login version?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend [M25] is annoying while I play videogames.
Recently though we got a very famous open world single player game as a gift.

Babe, is this your thread complaining about me taking about Red Dead Redemption?

What? Noooo, that could be any famous open world single player game!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Xenocides posted:

Allow me to present to you some Dhalsim-level contortions about what yoga is:

My (24 M) girlfriend (26 F) is doing sex with her yoga teacher, but insists it is "a new type of yoga" and I am wrong to be jealous. What should I do? u/Yoga_Question_2

I want my gf to stop having sex with her yoga teacher but I do not to ruin her class. Anyone have any way to just accept cheating as yoga?

If you, like me, were wondering what /u/Yoga_Question (the original) was posting about, then let me assure you that it was truly as mundane as you might imagine: https://www.reddit.com/user/Yoga_Question

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I get bringing a lot of stuff, but if they're asking the boyfriend to use an entirely bigger case, they should at least run down what's in there in case the TSA asks after opening it up. It sounded like they were ready to throw his stuff in with whatever they had planned without really looping him in.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

"Actually we have more stuff we wanted to send, could you use a bigger suitcase so there's room for it all? We bought it for you" isn't sketchy unless you think the family is drug smugglers or terrorists

I'm a law baby, but I'd really want them to volunteer what all was in there, which OP is unclear about :
"The night before we left she said I needed to come down to her place in the morning to get a few items she couldn't fit. I happily agreed. A few hours later she rang me asking me if I could repack my luggage into a bigger suitcase her family had bought (for me - hoping I would use it. Without telling me)."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

lmao this is the best derail of the last 6 months

Agreed. Nice ambiguous OP that skirted some discriminating details and threw in a bunch of weird reactions.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Xik posted:

Lol at that second edit, why did he jump the gun? What a loving moron.

Yeah, let me just blackmail my employer via written communications.

I think that update was saying he was writing to quit and to get his check when it was cut at the end of the month.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"I will take additional steps if I'm not compensated properly" sure sounds like a request for hush money, even if his intended message was that he'd let it lie if he just got the last proper paycheck.

Yeah, I only read it as the latter, but that could certainly raise the bosses' hackles.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

How do I (26M) convince my wife (27F) I’m not having an affair?

I dunno what their neighborhood is like, but isn't it way more likely that someone drove by and tossed the tampon in after trash had been picked up?

Points for the MaM reference, I guess.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

andrew smash posted:

All he had to do was call his urologist and say hey doc, my wife is knocked up, what gives and he'd have an order without even going into the office first.

That sounds pretty streamlined. When I was on HMO, that office would 50/50 kick me back to my PCP, where I'd have to make an appointment just to get the referral.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The OP of that one was saduglydepressedgal, which is kinda :smith:, but definitely add incredibly dense to that descriptor list.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for sticking to my guns that an artist twerking on stage instead of performing is hoe sh**?

Was talking with the wife how I enjoy this artist for focusing music instead of looks or sex, and went on to say I feel an artist who during her set, stopped mixing and twerked was "doing hoe poo poo".

Now I'm all for women (and men) to act however they want. But when you act a way, things come along with it. I made it clear I don't think "she's asking for it" or any other over used sexist remake blaming women (no one deserves to be assaulted for any reason). I just think you are a hoe. In the modern use of the slang (being over sexualized and using it as a negative).

My wife lost it. Claims I'm sexist and have no place to say that.

I'm really confused. I don't care who's a hoe. I just said she was acting in a hoe way and when I go to your concert i came for your music not a strip show. I also stated if I was in tight boxers and swing my dick around on stage that's the same poo poo. How is this sexist? I just don't think it's classy and I look down at it. And I feel I'm allowed.

Edit : so after the first few comments rolled in I did see an issue with what I said. So I went back to my wife and apologized with something along the lines of " I understand hoe was not the term that should be used. It's a term that has been used to degrade and hold women down and I apologize for trying to defend it by saying a man could be and act like a hoe. It's no different then calling a black person a friend of the family and arguing that its not due to race but because they are being loud and ignorant and a white person can be a friend of the family too (my best friend is black and she knows I feel strongly so I tried to show that I do understand it wasn't acceptable) she claims that's not the issue. I'm hoping she said that out of anger (she's stubborn but I love her) than truth but who knows. Thank you all for trying to help me build upon my ability to express how I feel without sounding like it's 1950.

Edit 2 : so slot of people are misreading my edit so I wanna clarify that too. My point in my apology was basically since I'm very close with an African American to the point I understand why some people feel "all lives matter " is upsetting, I should have realized how rationalizing the use of the word " ho" by men can be a ho too had no standing. Further more the word is solely a derogatory term for women and shouldn't have been said

So. If I get why the use of the n word, no matter the context, can be hurtful, I should of known "ho" and plenty of other words can be just as hurtful to others as well.

If you are still confused ask cause I ramble and dig my own grave often.

Love to break out the n-word.
Loooooove to cite my one black friend.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The poem is way better than I was hoping for, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Would be a decent poo poo stirring move to call him out to prove that he bought them.