Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Just chiming in to say that Prester Jane is cool, her posts are good, and stigmatizing her because of her mental health is unbelievably tasteless and unacceptable

effort posts that actually posit reasonable things are good and cool regardless of who is making them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

drilldo squirt posted:

The people who still support Joe after all that insanity are literal trash people.

I immediately read this as Joementum and was like, his predictions before the Repub primary weren't that bad :raise:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

iospace posted:

Yeah. It's why we'll likely see manager #4 soon. VP debate is going to likely be a wash (and no one cares except for diehard politics nerds), though the Town Hall is going to be what ultimately makes or breaks Trump. He has a good showing, and he might be able to make things competitive again. He has a bad showing, and all that's left is to wonder "how bad will the blowout be and/or how will we be able to deal with such a harvest of corncobs?"

Unless Trump floods the town hall with his own supporters I can't imagine anything except for a wash at best. He's going to peacock in front of an audience like he always does and, surprise, most of America hates the garbage you're spewing!

He'll flail around inanely and short Hillary throwing up and collapsing on stage or something he may very well end up turning the audience hostile against him which would be incredible.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Furnaceface posted:

Optimism, hell of a drug.

As a non-American Im really happy for you guys. NYT basically just let the rest of the world unclench their collective buttholes.

Reminder to Americans: No one's win poo poo yet. Volunteer to GOTV. Even if Hillary is near guaranteed we need the Senate and (gods willing) the House.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm pretty sure the Assange thing at this point really is the Bernie comments.

It's hilarious because CNN is trying so so hard to make this a slap fight between Bernie and Clinton and Bernie just straight up went, "Yeah there's a lot of people in basements who are baristas struggling to get by, that's why we want to get Clinton elected!" and that pretty much shut it down.

They tried four or five times but the response from Bernie was a giant "meh."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cthulhumatic posted:

So how worried should we be about Wikileaks? Not at all, right?

If they had anything they would've open-fired by now. They've pulled this stunt two or three times already with absolutely no results. Assange just likes it when people talk about it because it makes him feel relevant.

I mean at this point if something did come from it I wouldn't be all that surprised because this loving election but I really really doubt it's anything to worry about.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Literally Elvis posted:

Nobody seems to have pointed out that while Trump lost almost a billion dollars, he really only lost almost a billion 1995 dollars.

Adjusted for inflation, it's closer to $1.5B 2016 dollars.

At a certain point the number just doesn't matter.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
CNN: "We are in day six of the meltdown"

I don't know if it's a Hillary surrogate but laffo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
USPOL Oct: The @washingtonpost loses money (a deduction) and gives owner @JeffBezos power to screw public on low taxation of @Amazon! Big tax shelter

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hmmm interesting point

Have you considered perhaps, as a counter-argument, that you should suck on my rear end in a top hat?

he's not owned... he's not owned

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hawai'i :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

Lol a lot of them were until they realized they had a whole bunch of legitimized nationalist authoritarians in their ranks taking over. Now I hope they spend more time looking inward instead of turning their nose up at a us. We're not about to collapse because 10% non-white population is threatening to become 11%

Let's be honest though, we walked up real real close to that ledge and dangled our toes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Shortest Path posted:

EDIT: So the senate is pretty much guaranteed for us right?

Nothing is guaranteed and no one's won poo poo. If we've got the presidency, we need the Senate. If we've got the Senate, we need to try for the House.

Volunteer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

QuarkJets posted:

To some it's not

uncertain whether it's due to lack of funny joke or lack of sense of humor

maybe both

I'm just asking questions here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Stereotype posted:

Like honestly he may have stumbled into political campaigning as an extremely lucrative business. Scare white hick morons about people who are the wrong color to them and tell them he will make them safe and America Great Again for a low low monthly campaign contribution of $25.

The major problem with starting a scam cult for money is that, if you do it long enough, you start to believe what you're saying.

For Trump I expect this happened about three nanoseconds after winning the nomination.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hey thread, what happened while i was on the flight back from hawa

oh

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobjr posted:

What are the odds a woman asks Trump a question and instead of answering it he tries to complement her in the worst way possible in the debate?

Trump: "That's a great question. And can I just say before I get to that, you look great. Women are great, I love them."

Paul Ryan: :stonklol:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JosefStalinator posted:

Am I the only one who wasn't really all that shocked or moved by the "grab her pussy" news? When I read it I was like "oh, look, another dumb Trump comment". Then it EXPLODED in a way that made me think, "what the hell, do things matter now?"

What makes this much worse than calling Mexicans rapists, birthers, or any of the other stupid poo poo?

Because actual, real rape is a horribly illegal crime and a hell of a lot more concrete than just musing about racist talking points.

Like, he raped people. And bragged about it. Literally. Unwelcome sexual contact, i.e. grabbing genitals, is rape.

That's why it's a bigger deal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BigglesSWE posted:

Hey now, to a certain type of (utterly vile) people, rape only really counts when we're talking penetration. This might mean nothing to these scum of the earth.

Yeah. One of the biggest problems I have about all this (not with anyone here btw) is that a lot of people are already disregarding that this is an act of rape and he is publicly confessing to it. It's the mindset that caused all this in the first place: it's not a big deal he grabbed her genitals because it's like slapping her butt as she goes by. Boys will be boys! :downs:

And besides that, there's multiple accounts of him forcing himself on women and them telling him a definitive "no", which was then ignored. In one case he tried to get a woman into his daughter's bedroom during it.

Think about that. Just let it wash over you. Realize you will now never be clean no matter how much skin you scour off with that pumice stone

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WampaLord posted:

I can't believe I went to bed early last night.

Hillary's going to exceed her post-DNC polling numbers within the next week or so.

Is it possible to get 110% in polls? Do we need to get Steiner in here?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fangz posted:

What you are seeing is the end state of the idea that the richer you are, the more moral value you have as a human being.

With apologies to the esteemed Dr. Lecter, whenever possible, one should eat the rich.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JonathonSpectre posted:

They could have run literally anyone else and won.

They had like 20 people to choose from. But they've worked so hard to make their voters mindless drones who hate everything that they just couldn't stop a vicious, hatemongering con man.

And now the monster they've so gleefully ridden for half a loving century is devouring them a piece at a time, slowly, horribly, and in full view of the voting public.

Bleed, you motherfuckers. Bleed. Bleed away the Senate and (dare we dream?) the House. Bleed away all your legitimacy and claim to be a real party. Bleed away any chance 95% of people under 50 will ever vote for you again. Just bleed, and bleed, and bleed through these constant, unstoppable, oh-so-foreseeable wounds until you shrink down to the racist rump party you are.

We need a German word for the feeling I have right now. Schadenfreude isn't nearly strong enough.

This feels like a direct message beamed to myself from a month ago when I was saying I wanted Trump to be crushed so future generations would know you can't get away with this poo poo. Except this is way more elegant than anything I could've said.

It's God awful we needed this to get here but at least he won't do any more damage now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I was sick and spent almost all day yesterday in bed. Anyone got a good article(s) summary? Could use a concise recap on what I missed.

Tape was released where Trump said he could just walk up and grab women by the vaj because he was famous. After eight hours of frantic retakes trying to get a usable prerecorded apology, his campaign released a tape that was described as him being held at gun point to apologize and, surprise, he didn't really apologize and essentially called Bill the real predator. He also ended by challenging Clinton to the debate.

There, now ya caught up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Covok posted:

Probably to avoid Trump suing.

I would like to see Trump sue a major news corporation. That would be really funny. He can't bully them with threat of tying them up in bankruptcy from legal fees.

I don't see how it's libel to say "Donald Trump brags about sexual assault" because that's literally what he did and you have videotaped proof. Still, it's more a matter of convenience than reluctance so they can avoid the headache and it's dumb.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Serious post: I've never been able to figure out ICP. I've heard stories over and over again about how they well they treat their fans and wrestling guys who appear at their shows. There's stories of them getting a fan money to get home and being one of the few (or only) indy wrestling gigs that pay regularly and settle back pay immediately when they're made aware of it.

e: Reread the post, and they're turning the stupidity into some fairly good political points. Huh.

e2: Basically, as derpy as they are, ICP are surprisingly good people from this and everything I've heard.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 9, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Liquid Communism posted:

ICP's whole deal is that they're low-brow satire. They're carnies, and they know it (and embrace it) but they aren't terrible people beyond that.

Yeah. If anything, they're actually pretty good. :shobon:

Also the Shaggy 2 Dope Show legit made me laugh. I'll admit it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're a Christian rap metal band who built a brand around creating a welcoming yet still masculine identity for young rural white men and boys, while inviting them to invest themselves heavily into it as a social structure. They're good at what they do.

That's a pretty good summary, yeah.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Me on the right

Boston terrier grabbin pussy (literally a cat)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

uh oh spaghettios

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BlueBlazer posted:

Oh I have,

This is first time in a few years I've gone.

I have a few members who know how I feel

I'm not taking the racist poo poo anymore.

It's going to be good.

I hope we have a "Goon's Guide to Ruining Thanksgiving" on the front page.

do what I did, cut your family out of your life because your mom is a horrible unrepentant rear end in a top hat with borderline personality disorder and everyone enables her*

(* only applies if your mom does, in fact, have borderline personality disorder)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Instant Sunrise posted:

as a feminist, if there's one thing that i'm kind of grateful for in this election, it's that it's brought into the limelight a lot of the everyday poo poo that we have to deal with as women in a very public and obvious way, which will hopefully get a lot of men to reevaluate their own behavior around women.

The litmus test has been A) whether or not someone realizes grabbing a woman's genitals is rape, not harassment and B) whether or not they realize Trump literally confessed to a crime on tape.

BTW being shocked at the "lewd language" instead is an instant "I am a garbage person" declaration

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

She can't ATM, her and Bill are splitting a basket of cheesy biscuits

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a photograph of a 70 year old man

There's still a timer on him. You can take all the HGH you want, but eventually, your brain starts to rot in your skull.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zwabu posted:

Arzying from Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-message-analysis-idUSKCN12A2J3

TLDR; "Hillary being up bigly in the polls is bad news because her voters will stay home and watch TV instead of voting."

hmm if only there were some mechanism of long term voter engagement that could be used to get people to turn out and vote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Augus posted:

My shitposts about anime are gonna be a part of history!

My posts belong in a museum

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

He's on whatever God damned horse tranqs his campaign put him on.

He actually shotgunned a 40oz of Ketamine before coming out here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ciaphas posted:

Aren't polygraphs a hot pile of inadmissible pseudoscientific hellgarbage anyway

Only thing a polygraph will measure is whether or not your anxiety spikes after a question. It's not necessarily indicative of lying—if you shout "DID YOU KILL YOUR PARENTS" or something at me my heart rate is going to increase regardless of whether or not I did it (which I didn't)—and that's why they're not admissible.

The real value of polygraphs is the pomp and circumstance lets you read the person's body language while they're being asked difficult questions. It's one thing if your heart speeds up, it's another thing entirely if you start fidgeting or avoiding eye contact.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MassRafTer posted:

They'll cite my other hoaxes as evidence new ones are real.

Seriously, this is pretty incredible. The Yes Men would be proud of you.

...unless...

:aaaaa:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Brony Car posted:

I don't know how effective the "Hillary as a hypocrite tearing Bill's victims down," narrative is. I could see it dampening her momentum or at least serving to dampen turnout among women.

It's going to ring really really false after the avalanche of stories of Trump literally committing sexual assault and being caught on tape bragging about it.

Besides that, who is going to look at this situation—especially women—and go, "You know what, Bill's an awful person. gently caress you person who isn't Bill! :argh:"

I mean I appreciate your commitment to Arzying but we're kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel here, at some point we have to come to grips with this being a hilarious, unequivocal blowout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Instant Sunrise posted:

so it sounds like trump is going to sue the new york times for libel.

please donny, sue the newspaper that is named in the definitive caselaw for libel and slander. that's going to work out so well.

Trump literally doesn't comprehend that his "sue them into oblivion and bankrupt them in legal fees even if you lose the case" doesn't work against multimillion dollar institutions with competent lawyers.

He's that fat guy that brags about how he'd kick everybody's rear end talking poo poo to a UFC guy. The ending of this will be incredible. :allears:

• Locked thread