Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I did acid with and banged a tindr girl last summer it was :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Brown Menace posted:

Lol my dude the president is a celebrity

And a reality TV/wrestling one too so you might have to go for the ol "beheading yourself with a chainsaw" suicide

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/827045317744918528

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Thoguh posted:

I thought the chair was a meaningless role. Why would anything change with him being named?

You know what the chair is beneath?

~...the Butt ...~

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gringostar posted:

susan saranson sucks hth

Your show sucks, Chris Hayes. https://youtu.be/jRiZRMLGjCY

Raskolnikov38 posted:

John goodman was a better president than Bartlett in the the like four days he was president

He was president too? He was a good king.

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Mar 3, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

logikv9 posted:

Brad woulda won if Janet didn't ruin everything for him

Brad played both sides, not pure enough for the -Geeg.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

I also have problems with our alliance with SA. (I have issues with Israel's current far-right government as well but obviously Israel is a pretty complicated topic).

Saudi Arabia: the Oil Makes you Stupid

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GlyphGryph posted:

alt is the new neo

Woah

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

for the most part? whine endlessly on the internet about how the centrists haven't already handed all power over to them

Yeah the centrists have done so well with that power...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

HorseRenoir posted:

OWS's problem was that it lacked clearly stated goals and a path towards achieving them, full stop. They didn't need a leadership to function as evidenced by a decentralized movement like Black Lives Matter. The problem with OWS was that it was fundamentally built around a flashy but meaningless symbolic stunt that was unsustainable in the long term, and they had no ideas on how to channel that energy beyond "attention from national media -> ??? -> full communism now"

The left waiting to rally around a top-down charismatic figure is just another side of this, where the left would rally around a far-left presidential candidate every four years with no hope of winning as a symbolic stunt for media attention. Then they when that would inevitably fail, they say "well we tried but media/cops/whatever were holding us down". The only difference between now and then is that the fringe right has already given the left the gameplan on how to enact real change in Washington, and I'm under no assumption that the left would have figured this out on their own.

I've seen people unironically blame COINTELPRO for why the left is in such a sorry state in 2017 when the real answer is that the far left hasn't seriously tried to enact their goals in decades, because entryism is boring and hard and doesn't give you the instant attention and gratification that camping in a park or a vanity presidential campaign does

*Every major leftist gets shot for 50 years, leftists abandon politics for 30 years*
"Why didn't you try working within the system?!"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

Sure. Plenty of Occupy encampments didn't get busted up by the cops, and they accomplished just as little. The reason Occupy failed was because they had no plan for what to do if Occupying and having protest marches was not enough to meaningfully change the system. They needed to do more, and they'd never really considered that possibility because they grew up with sanitized, idealized protest stories where civil rights activists walked around with signs and gave a couple good speeches until racism ended forever.

Exactly! Occupy taught us that the sanitized stories were bullshit, you need to commit violence against the state to make it cave to your demands. I'm still waiting for more people to realize that though, hopefully president piss will wake them up that poo poo is Fubar.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I wanna fight liberals too, but they seem to be implying that Quist is a liberal when he's not ? :iiam:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

don't think I could do Seabiscuit tho

How bout Hidalgo

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Private prisons are another really stupid dem obsession. We overcrowded our prisons long before we came up with the private prisons idea.

The solution isn't going to be locking up people in public prisons like in the old days, it's that we need to stop locking people up and we need to let out the people we already locked up. Not just non-violent offenders either. We need to let out armed robbers and we need to let them work in the cubicle next to yours.

Cubicles are prisons

:thejoke:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

logikv9 posted:

i don't care for pancakes

What's your flapjack stance?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

y'know I hate and detest Hillary as much as anyone but this thread can get a bit crazy about the slightest mention of her name

like at this point I think the only thing that would satisfy y'all is if she publicly committed suicide to atone for her sins in some crazy bullshido ritual

Couldn't hurt though :shrug:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Raw snap peas in the pod are the best way to eat peas

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

This won't stop the trolls.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its not even been three months and they're already willing to destroy obama's only legacy project lmao

Obummer shouldn't've hoarded his political capital like I do with megalixers in ff7.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zegermans posted:

It's like one big toe, a big giant tent of a toe, where everyone is welcome

I'd rather vote for that camgirl than abuela.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
More like crapitalist

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Neurolimal posted:

this becomes extra evident when you find out how many of them get conned into perpetual energy scams

Literally going galt. Haha

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zegermans posted:

Time for this thread to collectively decide well actually it's $20 bad dems keep undercutting us!

Would be 25 if it had kept pace with inflation and efficiency gains since Nixon, actually.

And this is more evidence of dems only being progressive after the road is paved for them.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

G-Hawk posted:

do you think booker went to a fundraiser with a bunch of education privatization advocates before or after the sxsw speech

Both

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Obama also appointed Comey. What a mastermind huh cc

Well obama doesn't even really have a legacy to ruin and he's hanging out with billionares, so maybe he dgaf.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

The Democrats should about face and pass this sack of poo poo healthcare bill

Imagine the looks on everyone's faces when they do that

It's gently caress over all of Trump's supporters

What've they got to lose? The white house? Senate? Lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zegermans posted:

Here's a question: How do you sell medicare for all when that would make millions of health jobs redundant, when you're already losing elections because of a few hundred thousand miners/manufacturers

Well politicians are supposed to study what's best for the greater good and choose a course of action even if it's unpopular. That's literally their job.

Also if the cost and time savings were enough we could give everyone a mincome even if they don't work :shrug:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vox Nihili posted:

next thing you know the government will be forcing you to insure your car as well. absolute madness

We're not born with cars.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

I'm as much in favor of Single Payer as anyone but no one seriously believes they'd be getting huge raises just because their companies could save a shitload on employee health care, right?

Even if my pay was the same having insurance carry over from job to job so I don't worry about getting sick if I want to try a new job would be nice. That's why companies fight it, they want people afraid to quit. But it bites them in they rear end too, they're stuck with people who aren't bad enough to fire but might not be very good.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Nastier Nate posted:

The kill whitey candidate isn't going to get drafted by party power brokers, but rather win in spite of them, just like Trump.

This is something I would like to avoid, because no matter how progressive I can claim to be on paper, as a middle class white suburbanite, I'll definitely be on the wrong end of the kill whitey platform.

You can be one of the good ones.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

logikv9 posted:

I think you'll find that Jimmy Carter destroyed America but nobody noticed yet

Nah that was Reagan backstabbing Carter.

Kind of like Andrew Jackson with John Adams.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hillary is wrong about everything so I wonder how many ways that could backfire.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

Don't forget when Bernie made a big stand to get community health centers into ACA, actually managed to get them into the final law, and then they were one of the first things the Dems abandoned when austerity and budget cuts suddenly became priority number one

Hahaha I forgot about the health centers, so that's what happened? Lmao. I gave up on the dems when they were crafting the ACA and basically copying prompts from pharmaceutical and insurance companies. loving worthless party.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

ugh they might still turn around

To get f'd in the a?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

I consider myself a centrist because I think society can reclaim the wealth hoarded by the .01% peacefully.

Who's the more foolish, this fool or fools who follow him?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bill Buckner posted:

Pancake covered sausage on a stick truly is the fuel our children need for their brains.

They're going to learn so much.

Waists gonna be yuuuge

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zegermans posted:

most of this thread is actually happier Hillary lost than sad that Trump won

Trump winning has made planned parenthood and bernie more popular than republicans. If you're looking at the longer timeline, her loss was more useful than her win would've been.

Plus, enjoying her eat crow for her hubris.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

paranoid randroid posted:

this thread does suck tho

Much like your poasting

Trump holding that girl like a certain chair

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Scent of Worf posted:

Dems...are...???

Outook unclear, ask again in 2020

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ex post facho posted:

i mean assuming yellowstone doesnt erupt lol

Nah that poo poo's still thousands of years away, humanity will be back to the stone age by the next time it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Haha she still hasn't deleted that poo poo. That was when I knew she'd lose.

• Locked thread