Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

BeigeJacket posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325785661/vortx-4d-environmental-simulator

hahaha look at this terrible waste of money. It's been a while since ive seen a KS that literally made me lol.

Makes you wonder what kind of wasteful moneybags thinks this would be a good.....

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/920787299042021382

Oh.

A 4D-simulator, huh? If this was the real deal, you would either get your brain liquefied if you use this, or you would be able to time travel back to your youth, before old age made you stupid enough to invest into this.

Clearly a fake. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

How the hell do you serve a whiskey "born" in 2947 within a game based in 2942?

Simple, have the game crash every time you attempt it and make the game send a message reading "You've created a time paradox!" to the player

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why would you ever switch signatures off? They're an important gauge to measure a poster's stupidity. The dumber the sig, the better you feel for not having one yourself. :smugbird:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Every time someone shows he thinks imaginary internet hate about video games is real, I smile

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

where's the maple syrup for that stack of bacon?

I'm a time traveller from the future and I have bad news: He tried, but had a heart attack just before he reached the bottle.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

Those things cannot be killed if I am thinking of the right creature, I remember reading someone's effort to murder one of those within his tank and it was a prolonged war effort to be certain. Didn't want to nuke the entire tank as he had other fish within it so he had to use every trick in the book to win the war

I've read a SF story like this. It ended with the things taking over his entire apartment

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

I have been taught to fear such creatures from an early age

Now imagine that worm being really tiny and entering your body through your feet, and you have hookworms.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

Are those the ones, that then also occasionally pop back out through the skin?

Wikipedia says they enter your bloodstream, travel to your lungs and then to the bronchia, so you can swallow them again when you cough up slime. Then they travel through your digestive system to suck blood in your intestines.

So I'm guessing "no"

But don't worry, there are tons of hilariously disgusting worm parasites, one of them will be the one you are thinking of.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kilus aof posted:

Skadden? More like Skaven the rat people from Warhammer.

Good comparison!

The Skaven won.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

roflingstones posted:

"I'm not a lawyer but" is the most convincing way to offer anything of value on this subject imo

To be honest, every post starting with a variation of "I'm not X, but" just makes me lay my middlefinger on my scroll wheel and suddenly, the entire worthless post just rushes by, unread

XK posted:

SC defenders always seem to have bad spelling and grammar. Sad!

I'd be more concerned if they had good spelling and grammar

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

As someone who enjoys Star Trek I appreciate that Derek's 2015 blog post grows larger the further we travel into the future. That's the kind of space time paradox that I can really get behind.

Also Kale is good. Kale smoothies are the poo poo.

I feel kale smoothies are on the same level as onion smoothies. As in, don't

iospace posted:

Bratwurst is good and I will not tolerate it being slandered :colbert:

It's less good when your stepfather is a fanatic barbecue fan and you're forced to cram so many into your mouth across Spring, Summer and Autumn that you're starting to feel like some kind of Wurst Citizen

As soon as I got out into my own apartment, I stopped even looking at Bratwurst.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Star Citizen: OBVIOUSLY it'll be in the next patch!

To be fair, by now even CIG must know that their "backers" are stupid enough to believe anything, so I doubt they care. They're basically just saying every dumb poo poo that goes through their heads at this point. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

But that's not true either. Plenty of magazines (german and US based) have gone to their studios and have seen similar. I'm not bound by journalistic standards, so I care less about an NDA. My username here is unique so they interns that are watching don't have a clue. Other backers can absolutely go and visit, although when you've dropped concierge-level moneys, they're more likely to grant you a visit than others.

I should point out game magazines aren't bound by journalistic standards either, so your argument is just hot air :lol:

The idea of CIG inviting "journalists", only to make them sign NDAs to not tell anyone is also pretty unique. But probably not in the way you intended

Edit:

I take it back, I could see CIG trying something godawfully stupid and pointless like this :lol: :lol:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 18, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

So Captain PVP wants to have the ability to make info take billions of years to arrive?

I can't figure his mind out

Simple. They're insane. No go alert the authorities to have them taken away

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I love the comment about "not factually" backing up something in response to an argument about CIG being made of dreams and lies. It's the kind of technical correct immediately identifying you as an Assholian. Nice warning flag to not read anything by that guy ever again.

I mean "Cymelion" already sounds like an alien name. Nice blowing your cover, you idiot. Now go climb into the next Ariane 5 and fly back home. :argh:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

I can only provide mathematical turgid verse.

The average non-sale day bring in about $32,000.

2014 made $32,933,205, and had 138 days of sale, about 38% of the year.
Minus the sum of non-sale day average of 227 days, those sales accounted for 78% of the year's earnings.

2015 made $35,961,202, and had 153 days of sale, about 42% of the year.
Minus the sum of non-sale day average of 212 days, those sales accounted for 81% of the year's earnings.

2016 made $36,100,538, and had 121 days of sale, about 33% of the year.
Minus the sum of non-sale day average of 245 days, those sales accounted for 78% of the year's earnings.

2017 made $34,912,412, and had 150 days of sale, about 41% of the year.
Minus the sum of non-sale day average of 215 days, those sales accounted for 80% of the year's earnings.

2018 has to make about $36009847, and is projected at this rate to have 215 days of sale, about 59% of the year.
Minus the projected sum of non-sale day average of 150 days, these sales will account for 87% of the year's earnings.

Yeah, but at this point one should be prepared to learn in the near future that most of these numbers (especially after 2016) are more or less made up by CIG, so we can't actually use them as a base for anything

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Jesus there's just so much stupid to unpack in your posts. Those countries don't use commas as thousand separators and decimal separators, they use a comma as the decimal separators (and nowhere else in our numbers). For instance, you'd write one million as "1 000 000.00" but lots of europeans would use "1 000 000,00". Nobody would write "1,000,000,00"

It's even worse, I grew up with a system were one million could be "1.000.000" or "1.000.000,00" and when I encountered the American system of having everything backwards I was in for interesting times. Like, if I saw someone writing stuff like "1,000" I'd interpret it as someone saying "1" and if I saw something like "1,000.00" I'd say to myself "What on odd typo to make".

To this day you just have to write a number with a comma as thousand separator to set me off. In fact, I wrote a full page of me just raging at Derek about this, until I saw his "I have psychological problems" post and noticed I was just starting to do the same thing like him, just reversed.

So I deleted my angry rant with multiple smilies and wrote this instead.

Also I'm still like 11 pages behind, so hopefully something more interesting then this derail happened

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, this is stupid. I'm pretty sure this also counts the account I made years ago to drop some dumb questions in their now-defunct forum. If they are still "counting" new "registered accounts" like they did in 2015, the new accounts are probably all made by their interns

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

it's anime tho

If Chris Roberts is what the West has to offer, I'm emigrating to Japan asap

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EvilMerlin posted:

Yes, but I don't think its going to be that detailed. Just check to see if there is enough air. It should be (I hope) a simple "is there enough of this? Yes/No, if no then do you have an atmo suit? If no, start dying" etc.

"It should be" "I hope". I think I found several fatal flaws in your argument there, buddy. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

I love the Gremlich, I still remember when he mistook French with motherfucking German while claiming to be a linguist.

Ha ha what? How is this even possible without having severe braindamage? :allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mu77ley posted:

I'm pretty sure that account is a parody/troll account, but in these broken times Poe's law makes it hard to be sure.

Skinly came up enough in this thread even I remember that's 100% a troll account

There even was a slapfight between Internet Warlord and Fake Vietnam Vet at one point, where Derek simply couldn't accept that he wasn't "owning" the troll account by proving Skinly wasn't really a vet.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Well, it was during the "Tonk" reveal so maybe someone (MIRIFICUS!) can find that. It was pretty funny. But I do have a screenshot of him proving Braben had sold his company to Sony:

(Your brain damage theory may be right... or maybe he's a just loving disingenuous moron)

Wow, this is so brazen and dumb my headache is getting stronger just from reading it. Note to self: Don't read dumbass creeds while suffering from a bad cold.

To be fair, I have seen this "tactic" used to create some funny jokes about bad journalism, but the idea someone would use this for real would have never crossed my mind. Probably because I'm not an idiot.

"Panzerkampfwagon", what the hell. Even if you could argue that since the German language allows you to just form new compounds at will, a -wagon would make every German think the writer/speaker is talking about some kind of armed and armored railway carriage. But they won't, because in 99% of cases a German would just assume you pronounced "Panzerkampfwagen" wrong and would correct you.

And while I'm not a linguist, I'm pretty sure the rest is just bullshit. I mean at the very least the bit about "German people can have French names" slays me. Dude, while that can happen, we still pronounce the names German and having an unusual name in Germany doesn't automatically bestow upon you the ability to talk in foreign accents

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

http://docdro.id/N0hyv2e

Pls no discovery, pls, judge, DO SOMETHING

OK, it's clear that CIG is just trying to stall for time now. As soon as the judge runs out of patience or CIG out of excuses, this sad show will be at an end. The thread will close. These are the final days of Star Citizen.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Imagine how these clowns react if the judge decides against CIG, if not dismissing everything outright alone makes them post like mentally disabled children.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

You can fit the entirety of ED's life cycle into Star Citizen's alpha.
https://steamcharts.com/app/359320

The game has literally been out for 3.5 years, released a full expansion DLC, and is now in a contraction phase, showing a steep decline in userbase due to poor development decisions and a lack of any real engaging multiplayer gameplay. It was still the best space exploration/trading sim of the last decade, and the best VR experience ever.

I'm really really looking forward to the Citizen hot takes when they finally twig to the fact that ED is slowing down. It's going to be wall to wall "Guess you coudn't keep up, huh Frontier? Shows you for trying to Steal The Vision!"

You forgot to add that Frontier has developed and released two more games in that time frame. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Why have I not seen this before - It is glorious.

"Pia Zadora sang on this with Jackson. The song was written for a weird science fiction action movie called Voyage Of The Rock Aliens, which starred Zadora. The song is one of many to use weather conditions as a symbol of strength and resilience in a relationship: when the rain falls, he'll be her sunshine."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em5p__ZgtsQ

I'm fresh off Rifftrax Krull last night as well.

Frazetta and Vallejo were pretty much the tail end of 1970s Barbarian chic. Vallejo had more Gor covers, I believe, because he was always tightly wound up with the barbarian-fistward-with-slavegirl-at-feet. I actually like Vallejo for his really saturated colors and rotoscoping technique; Frazetta just goes muddy and dark. And yes, they tend towards the very red pilliest of the male species that consider the subject rather than the art.

For about half a minute I was really confused, then it dawned on me that it's that kind of Rock. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

Please also note that David Hasselhoff was unironically considered to be a musician in Germany

And a movie star

(My mom still loves him)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bofast posted:

I once picked up some CD of his at a record fair for €1 or so. I still have not managed to make myself listen to it, as I'm a bit scared how bad it might sound :ohdear:

Don't worry, it's not that bad. It's mostly at the "It's so bad, it's good"-level, so as long as you have a sense of humor, it's still nice to listen to.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

One of his later music videos

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Man, this is so sad.

I really would have liked a new Starflight. Alas... :shrug:

On the other hand, it's darkly amusing that the black hole of video games is still sucking in more money, while really good ideas like this one can't even reach their first, minor goal

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ggangensis posted:

In other news, Fontus, that self-filling waterbottle crowdfunding scam has gone bankrupt.

Just 1500 people scammed for 300k bucks, so nothing against the Master, but well. Such things make me wonder what happens if CIG goes bankcrupt or in general how it will end. In the case of Fontus, if you've invested 100 bucks in Fontus you get back 0, if you've invested 40k bucks you will at least get back 8k.
However, I doubt a regular bankruptcy will happen with CIG since they will have at least some idiotic whales left til the end and can just scale down to 2-3 people and at least on paper can continue to work on the game.

What the hell is this poo poo

I have a machine to squeeze out water from the air running behind me this moment, there's no need to invent more crap that generates water out of air, that's a well understood technology that's probably centuries old by now

So they claimed they would reinvent dehumidifiers and people were stupid enough to give them money? :psyduck: They may have not gotten the sheer amount of money, but at least on the level of stupidity they've beaten Star Citizen

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
[quote="EvilMerlin" post=""488788278"]

I sometimes think
[/quote]

That's already a brazen lie, gimmick posters are incapable of thinking, or they wouldn't need a posting gimmick.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beet Goblin posted:

drat and blast, they corrected their hosed up email

OK come on, this is some real Nigerian prince level poo poo, I could print that out and when people ask me why Star Citizen is a scam, I could just show that to them and they would be like "Well, poo poo."

The sad thing is, considering there are more expensive "things" you can "get" from CIG, I can't even find this funny anymore. It's an outright scam now. (And it got so bad even German magazine Gamestar is making fun of Star Citizen now, they recently had a big title story and the editorial on the first page was like :lol: Star Citizen is never coming out :lol: )

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mu77ley posted:

That *cathunk* sound is the magnetic grab landing pad things firing, not the sound of your ship hitting the deck. That's why it fires shortly before you're gently aligned and lowered to the deck.

Yeah, it's this. You'd have to be high to not notice this.

Hobold posted:

Or, here me out here, Or they've just done a fantastically poo poo job at syncing the audio to the animations/events. Again.

Oh, are you high right now?

Edit:

gently caress you thread why are you moving so fast

If someone wonders what this was about, it was a discussion about Elite

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lol imagine when they have to QT to other systems. Hope you brought something to eat because youre gonna be doing fuckall for 2 hours straight.

I remember back from asking about this in 2013, that something like exploring jump points was planned. Assuming that's still on the table ( :lol: ), it'll probably work a lot like in ED, just with the added time of having to QT to a jump point leading to the right system first.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Meanwhile in X4....

:allears: I love this. CIG's AI can't even stand still correctly, and Egosoft's AI is advanced enough, it can accidentally kidnap you.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

Well, looks like all the media outlets are picking up on this one.

Now, where is the article from gamestar.de?

Unrelated, but #NotMyStarCitizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bumble He posted:

does it need a chair?
a chair is a very terran concept isnt it?
like its literally designed around the human rear end
also snakes, for example, dont use chairs

does my post even make sense?
i dont think so!

Too bad you failed, because your post makes a lot of sense. Are you one of those weirdos who get wise when they drink too much?