Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

You sniped my next Choc Chipizen update.

Oh well, the joke had run its course anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So here's a picture of all of the funding to date that I compiled from that community tracking spreadsheet. Warning: Huge.

Red is daily funding (right vertical labels), grey is total funding (left vertical labels), horizontal is date.

I find this very interesting- the rate of funding seems to be on the rise, despite no apparent effort to bring in new backers. Moreover, the three recent big sales were the biggest since 2013, easily exceeding the sales last year after the release of the PU. Five years into fundraising with no substantial release, this is extremely unusual.

One interesting trend is in the daily funding, if you exclude the spikes- there's a definite decline from 2013 through the end of 2015 on day-to-day income, but then in January 16 it hits levels never seen before. Who's spending all this money?

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 2, 2016

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

SelenicMartian posted:

Who's running the funding tracker?

I know the common conspiracy theory is that the funding tracker is rigged, and maybe it is- I don't know. Occam's Razor dictates that it's a lot more likely that something is screwed up with it than that people put in $30 million in new cash, 4 years into this trainwreck.

I bet if I examined the rate of new account creation we would find that it's been declining, and that might give me an idea of how much of the current activity was melting and rebuying from existing backers.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Thoatse posted:

What's the Elvish word for Goatse?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Thoatse posted:

The new hangar module looks pretty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A

On the one hand, I'm pretty happy that MW5 may finally be made. On the other hand, it's PGI, the only company I trust less than CIG. I'm slightly heartened that they didn't try to announce this one as a kickstarter- so there's a very small chance that it's not a terrible cash grab, but I will certainly wait until it's actually out. For one thing I'll be really surprised if MWO makes enough to sustain them for the next 2 years of development, given how little engineering time they've put into it. Mechwarrior: Living Legends came back last week and that sub already has 1/3rd the active userbase of the MWO sub.

Edit: P.S. I am pretty amused that the other lovely scamware company whose game was based on Cryengine has now abandoned it entirely. Looking forward to CIG redoing all of SC for UE4 next summer.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 4, 2016

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Astroniomix posted:

This is the best news to come out of the SC thread ever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MWLL/

Came back, and added custom maps. Like 1 week into renewed development and they've already exceeded PGI.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 4, 2016

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

BigglesSWE posted:

Wow...I mean...really? Had he never been on screen before that?

Actually, the first person they trotted out on the live stream after those accusations went public was some random black lady that nobody had seen before. It turned out she was the building manager, and many laughs were had when it became apparent that CIG was directly reacting to criticism in this thread. Later on they managed to find an actual employee of the company and she disappeared, never to be seen again.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Okay so I know it's already been said, but what the hell? Why are they doing catapult procedures for a hovering ship? There's no gravity, you idiots. There's no ocean. You do not need to reach minimum airspeed in order to avoid crashing- you can just float out of the bay. Also I like the part where they order the ship to throttle up while in a hover and somehow the magic air brakes keep it still on the deck.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

nawledgelambo posted:

Hey Xeareal, congrats, you made MVP this week (Also lol that now it is blatantly obvious the big wigs at CIG follow this thread):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8wTqdDXplc&t=634s

Looks like Choc Chipizen is back on the menu, boys.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It will take me awhile to put it all together, but I'm sure there will be at least a few investigatory agencies who will appreciate having this information wrapped up in time for Christmas.

I'm PM'ing you the document I used to negotiate a successful chargeback, it might have some useful documentation.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MeLKoR posted:

They were refusing to refund a pretty penny, right? Good to know they eventually caved in.

They actually played a weird shell game with me where I had to make a chargeback request and have it approved by the bank, with CIG claiming that this was actually a fraudulent act. After the bank disagreed, they caved and tried to give me back the cash portion of the purchase, but keep the "Store credit" portion that had come from previously purchased/melted ships. As though that wasn't also part of the refund request.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

shrach posted:

So RSI UK filed their accounts today. There isn't much to see, for reasons that will become immediately apparent, but they confirm the money moves around needlessly. I made a flow chart in MS paint for 2015 of the information so far.

The Star Citizen funding chart apparently showed $36m in 2015 with $3.3m of that coming in January, leaving $33m for February to December. Using an exchange rate of £1 : $1.55 for 2015 would put a total value of ~ £21m for February to December 2015 for the Star Citizen funding chart. That is clearly a material difference to the £15m that was shown in the accounts of Roberts Space Industries International Ltd.

When the UK parent company files their accounts there should be some more information on inter-company relationships.

See stuff like this is why I continue to browse the thread.

Someone please make up some lazy trolls about why this is bad and I should feel ashamed.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Thoatse posted:

Sarsapariller posted:

Someone please make up some lazy trolls about why this is bad and I should feel ashamed.
You gave Christ Robber thousands of dollars.

Perfect.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh - we'll get it this year, just not by Friday.

ManofManyAliases posted:

What - why do I care to defend it? Because I see a lot of misinformation thrown around by both camps- misinformation based on speculation and lack of insight by all of us. Not one of us is close enough to the project to say definitively how something is or should be, and yet, we all act like we know.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ManofManyAliases posted:

The last major addition for SQ is in July and most of the levels are already complete. They just need to turn it over to art/design. As for the focused bug groups: they're NDA'd because the levels/assets/and adjusted flight mechanics have heavy elements of SQ42 interspersed and they obviously don't want that out in the public realm just yet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

The Dragonfly will likely be flyable this year. The Drake pipeline has been completed so we're going to see the Caterpillar this year as well.

ManofManyAliases posted:

If they're able to deliver SQ42 (or at least some first iteration of it) by Q1 or Q2 of next year, I expect much of those mechanics and assets can be used to complete the PU. Despite Derek's accusations of a skeleton team working on PU, my belief is that with 300 people, they have enough people working on PU to continue it's advancement while SQ42 work is ongoing.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Like I said: I think they have a lot of this planned out behind the scenes and are not being open about it (nor have they implemented anything yet) because (possibly) they're saving it for bigger reveals this year and next. It does go against the 'open nature' of development that they have claimed though.

ManofManyAliases posted:

There are over 150 employees in UK between those two offices working on "refactoring" the engine, procedural gen, etc. Like I've mentioned before: I feel there's a lot yet to be revealed.

ManofManyAliases posted:

CR said in the latest 10FTC that we'll Stanton system with Nyx debuting in 2.7, which is supposed to be out by the end of the year.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Even though there is "open development," I never once expected to see their roadmap. They're a private company with competitors in the field. A company like Elite's can choose to show whatever the gently caress they want. That doesn't mean it's precedent to do so.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You cannot be sure of anything.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

A forum post quoting your tweet which is responding to your other tweet which links your blog post which is mostly built out of posts from the forums.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. vignettes are finally shown for SQ42
2. star marine trailer with boot camp guy video, kinda corny
3. 2.6! amazing stuff that was shown last month
4. ptu announcement for 2.6
5. new features that are coming in 3.0, small demo

I would like to disqualify myself for any rewards as I'm clearly working from inside info here, but predictions:

1. Chris and/or Sandi don't even make an appearance. Lesnick is limited to a walk-on cameo if he's able to make it. Lando will be the host.
2. Another new ship will be sold. Expected price: at least $200.
3. There will be several other "Stream-exclusive" sales with lower prices than November- it's possible that these will be cash only.
4. There will be no new major game features demonstrated. A lot of time will be filled with meandering around the existing game but nothing new is ready. All that planetary landing stuff, all the capital stuff, all the flight decks- none of that was ever even remotely ready for demonstration. 2.6 has been reduced to a 6v6 fps on a single map and even that is unlikely to have made any progress since the last stream.
5. There will be several videos of features, possibly the stupid new website, definitely some "Making-Of" style documentaries with uncomfortable developers. Chris saw the new Doom documentary and wants that kind of buzz for the project. He fails to realize that it was mostly well received because the game is already out, and good.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 16, 2016

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Lime Tonics posted:

SHIP SALE!!!!!1111

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iq4h5/2016_holiday_livestream_sales/?st=iws7wgqo&sh=e8ec772f

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What am I missing?

Objectively the worst presentation they've done this year. Lots of live action prerecorded cringe comedy, lots of hand waving sperging about features like farming and space seeds, more ship sales, absolutely no new video of SQ42, 2.6 or any new completed features.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Stream is over, prediction scoring:

1. Chris and/or Sandi don't even make an appearance. Chris actually showed up and he's waving his hands like a coked up moron! I am a liar, inside info is fake.
Lesnick is limited to a walk-on cameo if he's able to make it. They cut to him every time they needed to fill time. He's inherited Chris's hands.
Lando will be the host. 50/50. They made him dress up like a loving clown and host the "Grudge Match" for the entire second half of the stream.

2. Another new ship will be sold. MISC Razor for sale now! Vanguard Hoplite variant on sale now!
Expected price: at least $200. Vanguard Hoplite new on sale for 225. But that MISC Razor- it's a steal at only 135 dollars!

3. There will be several other "Stream-exclusive" sales with lower prices than November- it's possible that these will be cash only. Yep: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iq4h5/2016_holiday_livestream_sales/?st=iws7wgqo&sh=e8ec772f

4. There will be no new major game features demonstrated. A lot of time will be filled with meandering around the existing game but nothing new is ready. 100% accurate. Only live gameplay was a rehash of November's competition, likely on the same build. They struggled really hard just to get racing and arena commander running, spending 10+ minutes filling time as they loaded.
All that planetary landing stuff, all the capital stuff, all the flight decks- none of that was ever even remotely ready for demonstration. Yep, down the memory hole it all went.
2.6 has been reduced to a 6v6 fps on a single map and even that is unlikely to have made any progress since the last stream. Scoreboard showed 8v8. Of course, they advertised it as 10v10. Lobbies still not ready. Nothing noticeably improved over november's stream. No cover mechanics, no vaulting.

5. There will be several videos of features Very first video on the stream was pre-recorded with all kinds of jump cuts and clips. Even the "banter" was scripted. Second/third videos were prerecorded beauty shots from the test server. Then a lot of Chris hand waving and rambling about poo poo features that will never be released, nothing materialized. Farming! Hot seed details! Last vid of the stream was some vanduul capship wank shots with no gameplay.
possibly the stupid new website Nope, totally forgot about that as well.
definitely some "Making-Of" style documentaries with uncomfortable developers Third video was a "Making of" video for the Misc what-the-gently caress ever.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MOMA hard at work on damage control:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361840/feeback-on-christmas-2016-livesteam-katamarii/p22

See you when your shift's over, friend.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Drunk Theory posted:

So if Ben and Lando are no longer the community team, what do they do there? Well beyond being shoved in front of cameras in clown costumes.

Funny you should mention that, wasn't Lando's previous gig as a baseball mascot? It seems that old habits die hard.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Chin posted:

CIG must have massive, doomsday level problems in their performance capture, modeling, and animation pipelines. It's been a full year now since they showed any hint of SQ42 cast in-game with John Rhys-Davies' character model spinning in place on the last holiday live stream. And the last character in motion they showed was in the Old Man teaser a month or so before that.

Derek intimated in the live chat today that Chris is terrified to show SQ42 before it's "Ready" because he thinks a bad first reveal will cause overwhelming reputation damage (he's probably right). So there's likely a mountain of buggy, half-finished single player content that they're sitting on but can't release, and instead we get Disco Lando in a clown suit.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Raskolnikov posted:

Astroneer is cute and fun and half the price of CIG's cheapest JPEG.

I posted a few more pics here: http://imgur.com/a/btweI

edit: They have a public roadmap. You know, something that doesn't look entirely like magical thinking.

I just now played it for the past four hours straight and had a blast. There is still plenty to do. :)

I played Astroneer for about 6 hours tonight, it's a blast.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Jesus Christ you guys are easier to troll than redditors.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Eldragon posted:

Serious Post: Which space games are actually good that I should buy?

Mass Effect series: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/standard-edition
FTL, roguelike space adventure/crew-manager: http://store.steampowered.com/app/212680/
Children of a Dead Earth, hard sci-fi ship combat: http://store.steampowered.com/app/476530/
Rebel Galaxy, cute little spacey-piratey adventure title: http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/
Kerbal Space Program, procedural building/exploration rocket sim: http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/
Stellaris, Civ-style 4X space conquest: http://store.steampowered.com/app/281990/
Shallow Space, homeworld-inspired 3D RTS: http://store.steampowered.com/app/305840/
Artemis Bridge Simulator, co-op/party game where you man the consoles on a spaceship as everything explodes: http://store.steampowered.com/app/247350/
Osiris, New Dawn: 1st/3rd person exploration and survival sim: http://store.steampowered.com/app/402710/
Astroneer: Same as Osiris but cuter and with less content: http://store.steampowered.com/app/361420/
Everspace: Arcade style single-player roguelike shooter: http://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/

And of course elite dangerous.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I gotta admit, its kinda odd none our insiders saw this coming.
Not even a hint.

That's probably because it's going to turn out not to be even remotely as big a change as everyone is talking about.

Some Citizen posted:

Or, part of the deal when Amazon paid to branch off the CryEngine was that any new projects built on CryEngine would be branded as Lumberyard instead.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

so if Lumberyard is just a fork of old cryengine and this is a "like for like" change that won't add any time, does that mean cig's heavily modified cryengine wasn't really modified at all?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/faq/

The FAQ posted:

Lumberyard is free, including source. We make money when you use other AWS services. We built Lumberyard to make it faster and easier to build fantastic live, multiplayer, community-driven games – which naturally connect to the cloud to provide these features to players. However, there is no requirement to connect your game to the cloud. There are also no seat fees, subscription fees, or requirements to share revenue. You pay only for the infrastructure resources you choose to use.

Calling it now, they were able to integrate because the front end visual stuff hadn't really changed much at all. They switched because the new engine was basically the same code but also free from licensing fees, and Chris thinks the scaling amazon services he'll have access to on the back end are the silver bullet that will end all of his networking issues (they aren't).

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

SirPenguin posted:

I am so intrigued by the timing of this

You announce bad news on a Friday afternoon - that's just PR 101. The Friday before Christmas? That's where the stuff you really want no one to see goes

But the Friday before Christmas and done simultaneously with a new, "anticipated" update? Not only do they want nobody to see it, they also want to be sure that those that do see it are drowned out by other news

And yet...despite all the evidence they want this buried, they went and did a press release

What does it all mean?

It means the boss was really proud of this, and everyone else realized that this was publicly making GBS threads the bed, so they agreed to do the press release and then finagled it so that it happened when the fewest people would be paying attention.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I feel like there may be a marketing push going on for Star Citizen. All of these are from the past week, in subs other than /r/StarCitizen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5jaqff/star_citizen_is_having_yet_another_free_fly/?st=ix709i87&sh=73dde90d
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5jlrn3/star_citizen_gives_a_trial_of_48_hours_by_the/?st=ix709jlj&sh=1e111736
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5k4uhv/4k_ingame_screenshot_shotgun_discharge_armor/?st=ix709kdc&sh=74c3efb9
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5keb6w/pcg_star_citizen_switches_from_cryengine_to/?st=ix709mz1&sh=5554bc63
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5jk50q/star_citizen_26_ptu_flying_caterpillar_in_universe/?st=ix709oj5&sh=79252f90
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5kbxp6/will_star_citizen_be_on_steam/?st=ix709qjb&sh=f93bc51c
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5jm6od/something_caught_my_eye_while_i_was_wandering/?st=ix709rzh&sh=19ac53eb
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5jte3g/star_citizen_or_elite_dangerous/?st=ix709taq&sh=157dae3e
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5jh1lc/glorious_ingame_pic_from_pc_only_star_citizen/?st=ix709v2g&sh=a9efd2a9
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5k11uh/what_is_star_citizen_official/?st=ix70963x&sh=7c6b584a
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5k059i/star_citizen_alpha_26_gameplay_trailer/?st=ix7096ym&sh=f3a0796b
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5j8z4z/star_citizen_48_hour_free_trial_coming_soon/?st=ix7097c0&sh=b9b1c18f
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5k04xq/star_citizen_star_marine_trailer/?st=ix7097y6&sh=74fc5b5f
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5jq4tq/how_to_solve_buyer_expectation_mismatch_created/?st=ix7098gb&sh=b785ad34
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5k04cs/star_citizen_alpha_260_released_features_fps/?st=ix7098yx&sh=0d131011
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5jyjh2/star_citizen_26_ingame_character_model_closeup/?st=ix708ogw&sh=8dce2bdd
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kfvo1/firing_a_missile_through_another_ship_star_citizen/?st=ix708ovh&sh=29be4a0b
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5jtdqr/shotgun_discharge_armor_detail_star_citizen/?st=ix708ph1&sh=7a28cb7b
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kal0t/star_citizen_star_marine_fan_trailer/?st=ix708q5f&sh=3a8566b2
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5jyhee/mass_effect_multiplayer_nah_just_star_citizen_in/?st=ix708qn5&sh=5a003ed7
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5jqvq2/star_citizen_the_scale_of_things_to_come/?st=ix708rlo&sh=4bd88646
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kgjd9/exploring_ship_wreckages_can_be_quite_relaxing/?st=ix708s6n&sh=ec4f7553
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5jhv86/short_video_featuring_wip_facial_tech_for_star/?st=ix708sxg&sh=87351049
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5k17w8/happy_holidays_from_star_citizen/?st=ix708taw&sh=8aa8ead3
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kankj/looking_for_multiplayer_exploration_games/?st=ix708ua1&sh=ac7b5674
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5jfr5p/i_really_want_a_good_pic_setup_and_good_vr_for/?st=ix708v2f&sh=3768b25c
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5k11ty/what_is_star_citizen_official/?st=ix708vml&sh=86001ad1
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kfobg/no_fly_zone_star_citizen/?st=ix708whi&sh=3faff9e7
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kck3u/how_my_experience_was_in_the_open_alpha_of_star/?st=ix708xfi&sh=14ee56ab
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5k10uz/star_citizen_switches_game_engines_four_years/?st=ix708yy8&sh=a1bd2801
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kcik7/what_is_star_citizen/?st=ix70905g&sh=5b8912e3
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5k06js/what_is_star_citizen_find_out_here_0327/?st=ix7090m5&sh=09584451
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5jzwso/star_citizen_patch_26_is_live/?st=ix7091od&sh=2fa1f15c
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kf7sv/star_citizen_alpha_26_star_marine_fanmade_trailer/?st=ix7092k3&sh=adf29dea
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5kcnsm/star_citizen_camera_tools_star_marine_fanmade/?st=ix708ghb&sh=7e208213
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5jzwgv/star_citizen_patch_26_live/?st=ix708gxy&sh=e7058ba7
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5k2uhn/what_is_star_citizen_video/?st=ix708he1&sh=6c734ab9
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5k0622/star_citizen_26_patch_is_live_48h_free2play/?st=ix708iov&sh=ea61af42
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5k2ibu/star_citizen_switches_game_engines_four_years/?st=ix708j20&sh=ca8c7b28
https://www.reddit.com/r/spacesimgames/comments/5k2vlz/star_citizen_48_hours_free_fly_event_in_new/?st=ix70geow&sh=c5f88e20

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Let's play "Superfan or blatant marketing account?"

https://www.reddit.com/user/Leon_300/submitted/
https://www.reddit.com/user/implosion222/submitted/
https://www.reddit.com/user/NWG_Official/submitted/
https://www.reddit.com/user/gizimoo86/submitted/
https://www.reddit.com/user/mr-hasgaha/submitted/

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

I occasionally toy with the idea of buying back in

:eyepop:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

1500 posted:

lol really? Coming from the person that bought back in at 2.5k, after getting a charge-back/refund.

:thejoke:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kp7ke/star_citizen_eyes_realtime_reflections/

Faster, Pussycat! Shill, Shill!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Decrepus posted:

Alot of these polished features were built into the Cryengine, so they realy arent spending millions on it.

Pivoting immediately to:

"Lumber yard is a fork of CryEngine. The move was painless as they both use the same version."

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Fundamental Truths About Star Citizen
1) $140 million and 5 years are not unreasonable numbers because they are developing new technology to realize a game beyond the scope of any other. Here, look at this new feature.
2) This new feature doesn't indicate any kind of dev time or money spent because it's built into the engine. Chris Roberts is an excellent steward of our money.
3) This new feature is our fault because they have to keep selling us stuff to produce the game- $140 million isn't enough to fund all these new features.
4) They've spent the last 4 years modifying the engine to the point that they completely rebranded it and had to hire all of the Crytek developers to come work on it.
5) The engine is still baseline enough that it can be swapped out for a completely different branch with no issues.
6) Most of the work of the last two years was on netcode and back end support, which is now complete, allowing the game to expand much faster.
7) Swapping to the new engine allows them to use Amazon's net code which is much better than theirs, and will allow the game to expand much faster.
8) What's in the game today is amazing, and if they were to stop development and just polish that and add some maps, they could probably release it there.
9) The current gameplay is clearly a pre-pre-alpha and fundamentally does not represent the final state of the game. Bugs should be expected.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I like that even the description in that wallhack video is dropping burns on Citizens.

The Video posted:

While other pilots may try to buy their way to a better ship, our cheat gives you the definitive advantage letting you easily track your opponents and cut them down

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm not 100% convinced but a friend pointed out that it looks like one of the Penny Arcade dudes made a very subtle jab at Star Marine in his write-up about SuperHot lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://youtu.be/w65sF8vxYeU?t=11017