Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

So, basically every Mallard Fillmore strip is either "Schools/young people are idiots" or "you think you're BETTER than me BUT YOU AREN'T AND YOU'RE STUPID AND I HATE YOU," I take it.

I guess Branco is one of the Trump faithful. Even though he's incapable of depicting anyone in a positive light, even the people he likes, it seems like he tries to show Trump as strong and capable. You know, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Also, apparently NBC and CBS have massive asses. :stare:

Good to see Harpo Marx handling security for Blonde Conan O'Brien there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Angepain posted:

The cartoon in question:

♥ HATE : )

I guess they missed the "NO NIGROES" on Sam's right hand there.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
The goddamned shoe. He's still putting in that single shoe.

Good to see Turtle Jeb is still kickin' around though.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

It consists of the illuminati who control vast fortunes.

quote:

It’s not the stuff of tinfoil conspiracy—it’s real and it’s a threat to our Republic.

:tinfoil:

So if the Illuminati is real, does that mean I can get the infinite power of nano augmentation?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Wasn't Ted Rall the one who did a whole "pay for the privilege to watch me eat" thing years ago? I can't remember what site it was being done through but it amounted to if you pay for all expenses, Ted agrees with the chosen restaurant/lodging, and thinks you're interesting enough... you get to talk to him. For a while.

Am I crazy or was that a thing he did? I'm trying to search for it but I'm not finding anything.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Huh. Wouldn't have thought I'd find a Zootopia reference in a political cartoon.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

On more than one occasion now I've run into other goons playing Heroes of the Storm, and they will flood chat with thread memes and DEBT.

Not that it bothers me, just a weird cross-pollination of bad things (mobas and politoons). although my friend probably wondered what the hell was happening.

Pretty sure I was one of those times.

Although I only quoted :pants: once, I think.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

du -hast posted:

Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to the day that all these retarded cartoonists are made to eat crow after the Russia collusion thing turns out to be an actual, real thing.

That said if Ramirez still has a job I doubt there will be a reckoning like this, but my would it be nice.

Angepain posted:

can we take bets for how many cartoonists will still be following trump after a literal impeachment

Garrison is a dead cert, Branco too probably, Ramirez we'll never know because he'll just start drawing nothing but Hillary Clinton

Yeah I can't see all of them finally admitting that it wasn't just sour grapes from Dems and that yes, Trump is dirty. The ones that do will make sure to include BUT HILLARY IS WORSE!!!! next to Trump going down in flames. Maybe a sinister Obama looming in the shadows.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Obama did what now?

Could be referring to this.

quote:

According to a source with knowledge of a White House meeting that took place Wednesday morning, Trump’s team is considering launching an investigation into a Department of Homeland Security program that shares information on cyberattacks in an effort to coordinate globally on countering digital threats, insinuating that it inappropriately opened up streams of sensitive data to Russia and other nonallies. Another option under consideration is placing a story in the media about the program, similarly accusing it of sharing sensitive information.

Basically, "Why attack me for giving intel to Russians when Obama gave intel to Russians???" Even though the intel given wasn't remotely the same, or as sensitive.
I don't think they still plan on going that route, though.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Not to mention it was already posted in the thread today.

Behind a link with warnings that it was explicit content.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Top right corner. The edit is referencing the camouflage rating system in MGS3.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I can't get over the left panel. Conservative_Real_American.jpg
Meet the White Family:
White Guy, his White Wife, and their son, White Guy Junior. Not pictured is their one story suburban home with white picket fence.
They are True Patriots, and thus agree with the artist that lives aren't worth saving if it means taxes and regulations!
:patriot:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I kinda love the cartoons implying 'all Real Americans, right thinking patriots, HATE Obamacare and would cheer its removal!'
Every time the GOP had a bill out long enough to be examined and scored it always ended up with the vast majority of poll respondents opposing it.
Meanwhile the ACA was polling better than ever. You know, once people found out the ACA and Obamacare were the same drat thing. :v:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Captain Sean Spicer, the most well known Trek captain.

Also :lol: at going after furries, that's some serious validation to be painted as an enemy in a Garrison toon.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Angepain posted:

where are the nazi furries going to go for validation now

p.s. please don't answer that

That toon makes me hope the fandom is being successful in kicking out the alt right types. Although it makes me wonder if there was anything specific he added it in response to. Maybe as he was drawing furry tribbles he thought of furries in general.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Wait, is that an "XY" on Kirk's badge?

I think it's just a hosed up command badge. Like he just drew a squiggle instead of the star.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

Sex and gender are one and the same.

-Ben Garrison

Dude didn't even mention furries in his rant. Did he seriously label one of the tribbles "furry" because tribbles are covered in fur? :psyduck:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

CoolCab posted:

calling it - this one is going to be real loving funny in 3-6 years

This year I'm votin' fer change!

Ben Garrison posted:

I will not praise these mentally ill people. Neither would Captain Kirk.
I wonder what Garrison thinks of Star Trek Discovery. As I understand it ST:D (what an acronym) is going to have multiple LGBTQ characters in it. It will also take place prior to TOS, meaning that by Kirk's time in the captain's chair it would certainly have been Federation policy not to discriminate. :v:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Furries getting some attention from the politoonists lately. Rogers seems a bit more neutral though.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

what the gently caress does Hillary have to do with any of this?

That could be a thread title at this point.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Well with Pittsburgh that's where Anthrocon where the city has for the most part embraced them coming every year, especially from old people and middle age house wives who just think its people who like to dress up like cartoon animals.

Yeah that was my first thought after remembering that Rogers is from Pittsburgh. When your city hosts the biggest furry convention in the world for 20 years, furries'll get noticed by people I assume otherwise probably wouldn't be aware.

Why does he suddenly look so concerned in the second panel?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Yeah I guess Trump's Stand would just be another Trump.

I wonder what his Stand Cry is.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I wish I had a link to the post I saw way back in the day of a Bish toon dump being kicked off with a still from that old Star Trek board game with a VHS tape.

YOU! EXPERIENCE BIJ!

:allears:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Guest work by a Mr. Scoobert Doo.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
It's really depressing, but not that surprising, that the thread favorites would pick up Trump's BOTH SIDES BAD! line. Or coming dangerously close to "actually, people who oppose Nazis are worse than Nazis."

Like how do you even get to this point? Where devotees of racist genocide are given so much deference and benefit of the doubt? A person is dead, another was beaten, many more injured, at the hands of people wrapped in Nazi regalia, and all some of these assholes can say is ":byodood: ANTIFA ARE SCARY THUGS!"

Oh, of course, because Nazis are far-right, and 'Right = Good, Left = Bad', even if they're so far right they're literally neo Nazis.

I want each one of them to read those accounts from local church goers basically saying "that poo poo was terrifying but thankfully the Antifa were there to help defend us."

Edit:

This is glorious.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_f5fkrCTA&t=14s

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

They literally killed a person. Nobody died in Boston, you loving Nazi.

Considering Branco's previous toons it's not super surprising his take would be "Nazis are bad, but there was only like a couple of them. Also they weren't with me. And all they did was stand around for a while. (And I totally agreed with them that the statues are Cool 'n Good.)

:byodood: MEANWHILE THERE ARE SUPER SCARY HOODED ANTIFA THUGS OVER THERE! ATTACKING PEOPLE! DESTROYING PROPERTY! CAUSING HAVOC! UP ENDING ORDER! BUT NOBODY WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM!!!"

I'm not a Nazi but I save 90% of my anger for those who oppose Nazis.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

That captain is the best drawing Kirschen's done in a while. Aside from his left arm.

albany academy posted:

Idk if this has been posted yet, but Mackay is channeling the spirit of Branco:

I couldn't tell if this was straight up ":qq: those poor Nazis! :qq:", so I tried to look up what other toons the artist did, and found their twitter post for it. Seems it's "Never punch, not even a Nazi."

https://twitter.com/mackaycartoons/status/899745225224183809

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Obama: *is black*.
Trump: #NotAllNazis
Payne: :supaburn: EQUALLY BAD! BOTH SIDES BAD! :supaburn:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I was confused too. At first I was wondering what the hell giant robots had to do with any of this, but I guess it's MEChA, "an organization that seeks to promote Chicano unity and empowerment through political action."

I guess Tinsley thinks they want to create an Hispanic ethnostate or something?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Is this the same one that drew "Jesus Christ wearing an All Lives Matter button while shouting down at humanity"?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Starshark posted:

Right wingers are never so happy as when they're victims.

While at the same time decrying anyone they see as "playing the victim."

WE'RE the oppressed ones, not YOU!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

SPEAKING OF WHICH

"I loooooove facism!"
-an Anti Facist, probably

It's as unsurprising as it is sad that after Charlottesville all these 'voices' of the right have said is "nuh uh! YOU'RE the Nazi! YOU'RE the Klansman!".

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Trump was just thinking of that time they used chemicals in the water to turn the friggin' frogs gay. He knows it's not right to force a specific sexuality on someone.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Good GOD this is vile. That's some straight up white man's burden poo poo.

:magical:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Yes, Branco, the white male sportsball watcher is the truly oppressed one here. How dare those players do that to him! Remind him that systemic racism exists!

SO rude and inconsiderate. :nallears:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
How dense would you have to be to not realize that's an edit if you were at all familiar with Garrison's repertoire?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

DreamingofRoses posted:

They're reporting 50+ dead. I think that might break the Pulse shooting.

CNN is calling it "the deadliest mass shooting in US history." :smith:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

Eat, like, a fleet of poo poo, Garrison.

Sorry, the big water's too big. Can't deliver it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
There was an article linked to in another thread, I think, but it was about how Puerto Ricans who lived up in the mountains were trapped with no supplies, no utilities, and trying to get to a town meant a long arduous trek on foot since the roads were blocked and the cars had no fuel.

Or tweet threads about how much damage has yet to be repaired, or all the people that are now living off of a can of beans per day.

Then Garrison rolls in with his steamin' hot take, Everything is fine. Or, it WOULD be, if it weren't for those godammned UNIONS and that dumbass Trump-hating Dem Bitch Mayor!.

Most Garrison toons are just eye roll inducers. This one is actually, like, really bad.

• Locked thread