Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Benne posted:

Speaking of former Seahawks, Breno Giacomini is a FA again, and god drat is our RT position such a black hole that I'm getting nostalgic for Breno loving Giacomini.

Okung and Giacomini are free agents. I wonder what it would be like to have NFL talent at both tackle positions again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
I assume Cook is just being brought in to show Willson that his replacement would be easy enough to find. I don't think Luke has had any publicized visits yet, has he?

Joeckel probably got too much, but if he turns into a sort of OK RT, it'll be worth it.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Niners have so many needs, and the new GM is such an unknown, they could go in practically any direction at 2 overall. Obviously, if the Browns pass on Garrett for a QB (please please please), their choice would be much simpler to predict.

I'm guessing their preference is to trade back.

At 2 you can get the best kicker on the board. That's a cornerstone player for 10+ years. Seems like the obvious move.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Coldforge posted:

It looks like something Seahawks fans are immediately going to have vinyl'd onto the hood of their raised pickup truck.

I got it tatted on my tip. I am very cool.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

I've seen this before.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Carroll hinted in his press conference today at scheme and personnel changes, said that Aboushi, Pocic, and Tobin are all pushing for OL time. Could they actually move toward a hurry-up, read option offense? I'll believe it when I see it.

Have to think they do something different on the right side of the line this week. It looked to me like the left side was somewhat better, but that Glowinski and Ifedi were *so* bad that it didn't matter.

Glow at least has to go, he's shown nothing for two years now. The rest of the line will gel somewhat, I just hope they do it in time to avoid injury to Russ.

He's already hurt.

Look at his throwing motion from the Niners game. It's all loopy and wonky. He drops the ball so loving low on his windup he's looking almost Tebow-esque.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

its all nice on rice posted:

It won't be Stanton beating Seattle so much as them getting 200 yards in penalties and Wilson throwing more "gently caress this bullshit" interceptions because he keeps getting sacked or pressured on a three man rush.

Seattle is just ahead of the curve, as usual, with this penalty stuff. An obscure rule says you unlock the multi-ball bonus if you hit 200 yards in a game. They've really been trying, but the officials just won't cooperate.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There are more people in that video than there were at the Seahawks home game as well, because they all left the game like assholes.

I left after they went up 40 points. I dont really feel obligated to stick around if the team can't even show up.

That was not a fun game!

Play posted:

The Seahawks have some of the best defensive players in the entire league. Not surprising that they would chase big pay and happy wins somewhere else. Still, I wish they'd stay. Wagner in particular, if he leaves that defense is done.

They'll just have to pick who they're going to build around. Bobby and Earl are the most obvious picks. Age has caught up to a lot of guys and they can't play to their contracts. The natural life cycle of a football team.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Benne posted:

Whatever happens with the players probably won't matter unless they make changes in the coaching staff first. It's pretty obvious that the status quo isn't working anymore, especially after a complete no-show at home in the biggest game of the year. And at some point we need to get serious about a succession plan for Pete, who just turned 66.

Jim Mora is available.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

seiferguy posted:

By the numbers he looks fine but for whatever reason he's allowed way more than the usual amount of return yards. Whether it's cause he's not getting hang time on his kicks or if this is a special teams issue (or both!), something is up.

He had an absolutely awful game yesterday. Line drives with no hang time heading straight toward a dangerous return man.

Also, Lockett isn't going to get a second contract and that makes me sad. He's way too young to be cooked, but...

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/942785920536842245

Seahawks twitter is good.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

All I want for Christmas is

T
R
A
D
E

R
U
S
S
E
L
L

W
I
L
S
O
N

Seahawks twitter is hilarious when they lose oh my goodness.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/947601952040353792

I'm at full mast.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Benne posted:

Earl isn't going anywhere

Yeah, this is almost as dumb as people wanting to trade Russell.

Lots of FA's coming up, but none I'm too bummed about. Losing Graham will suck, but he's been pretty poor outside of the touchdowns. He's had lots of crucial drops between the 20s and doesn't attack the ball in the air the way you might think. When a 5'10" cornerback is snatching the ball away from a dude that huge, there's a problem.

Unless an amazing RB or OL falls to them, I sure hope they're stocking DB and DE.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Vhak lord of hate posted:

It's not final yet, right? :(

Until I see the release from the team, I'm assuming this isn't happening.

This can't be happening.

Just end football already.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

At least they won a Super Bowl before the team dropped a super bowel in the bed.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Benne posted:

Field Gulls went all-in on Pete's rah-rah gimmick and will defend any dumb poo poo he does to the ends of the Earth.

Didn't you write for FG for awhile? I thought someone was contributing there after John Morgan left.

I expect a poo poo season, but I've been wrong before. I remember when Carroll was universally seen as a dumb hire.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That's awesome. Good for him. I loved the site years ago and when they left I immediately stopped reading because the quality dropped so much.

Morgan was writing for his own football blog for awhile last season, and it was great, but it dropped off. Someone really should be paying that dude for his work, it made Field Gulls a fantastic all-around football blog.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

To be fair, Zorn was Hasselbeck's coach during his best years. Definitely seemed like he worked some of the Favre out of Matt, maybe he could work a little Favre into Russell. His hesitation can be so frustrating to watch.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Any anti-rushmore needs the worst safety I've ever seen play:

Brian Russell

I wish I still had the gif I made of his butt tackle.

He bad.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Looks like those rumors of Russell Wilson getting traded were real :haw:

I was in a meeting when I got the notification.

Not gonna lie, I got a little bit of tunnel vision while my phone was unlocking.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

sigmachiev posted:

Yep this sucks. Been a fun ride in the NFL upper class these last several years but between all the changes and the fact we still haven't addressed real needs I can't see us being great this year.

Fire Carroll and Schneider. Give Harbaugh and McCloughan all the money.

Sports are stupid.

Benne posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what the Seahawks', like, plan is

1. Get rid of everyone
2. ???
3. I dunno establish the run or something

Every team that has ever won a Super Bowl has run the ball.

Makes u think...

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/974318870117859328

Bigger, juicier, girthier...

I was pretty happy with his production as a rookie, if he keeps improving then great!

God, I love stories about players bulking up.

Following in the footsteps of giants like AJ Jenkins, I've remained in perpetual "bulking" mode for the last several years. I feel like I'm pretty close to ready for the NFL.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Sign Kapernick, Pete.

Line up Kaepernick and Wilson to neutralize Suh and Donald.

Who has the ball? Oh it's on the turf because Wilson got decapitated the moment it reached his hands. Cool.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Metapod posted:

As the nfc west thread it's time to move to important matters. Why does Larry Fitzgerald get to hit his baby's mama with no one caring

I've heard the story was basically buried by local media. TMZ ran it and then nobody else picked it up, especially not the local press.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/95846100/arizona-cardinals-larry-fitzgerald-domestic-violence-accusation-tmz

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah I loving hate Tesla and Elon Musk, but if it allows us to steal talented players from the Seahawks...

He's probably pretty talented but also his skull must be cracked in a billion places and playing football might actually jeopardize his life. I'm having a hard time understanding how another team is going to see something different than Seattle's medical staff, especially since it's a head trauma thing. Gotta imagine the NFL will pay close attention to this situation (lol no they won't they dont care if these guys go brain dead.)

Wear a helmet, god drat.

The upshot is that the 49ers wasted their first round pick on a dummy too so that's alright I guess.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 17, 2018

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

seiferguy posted:

The real reason Seattle always plays the Packers:

2017: both teams were first in their division previous season
2016: both teams were second in their division previous season
2015: both teams were first in their division previous season, also NFCW and NFCN were scheduled to play each other
2014: both teams were first in their division previous season (Green Bay won the north with that 8-7-1 season, not quite 7-9 but close!)
2013: they didn't play each other! Seattle was second, GB was first
2012: NFCW and NFCN were scheduled together

Basically Seattle and Green Bay usually finish in the same position, save for 2012 and 2013.

At least we get the Packers at home this go round. I'm gonna be able to pay off half my season ticket cost with that game alone. Love it.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Pretty sure I've cracked the code: George Bush did 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Coldforge posted:

lmao they followed it up by hoping no one would notice the punter they just traded up for to draft in the 5th.

Jon Ryan was not good last year. Hurts me to say it, but they needed to move on. Maybe not in the fifth, but whatever who cares.

• Locked thread