Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm just now getting the time to dig into Dragon Quest 8 and dang this new photography sidequest is pushing some good buttons. Chat Thread what are some other games with cute photography? I already know of
-Pokemon Snap
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Wind Waker HD
-Fatal Frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill posted:

We have a handful here in Austin. In small towns, I'd guess to be very rare or impossible to find an independent game store though.

Wait what why did we never hang out

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I didn't know you lived in Austin, I totally would have.

So I'm playing D44m for the first time and it's really good and fun and I see why people love it. Like my only criticism is that it could use a better damage indicator, but that's pretty small.

I moved to Colorado over the summer :( missed goon connections...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I feel like lives as a mechanic are obsolete at this point

Absolutely

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sockmafia posted:

I finally bought myself an Xbox 360 controller after deciding I needed to branch out from the 2 games I play in any given half decade. Time to churn through all of the surplus games I've amassed over the years and never touched. Started with Evoland 2. I can't tell if I'm enjoying it because it's the first game I've played with a controller in over 10 years or because it's genuinely a decent game. The humour is definitely wearing on me.

I think it's probably the former

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A cool drat horse posted:

Think I'm gonna start replaying Super Paper Mario this week after having last played it in like 2008. I liked it despite being pissed off they turned one of my favorite series into a weird platformer so I hope it holds up

Yeah, don't approach it as a follow-up to your favorite rpg and it's fine. Some of the tongue in cheek jokes about video game tedium are really bad though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

This Shy Guy built a sandcastle. If you destroy this sandcastle you are despicable

Woolly World, like most Wii U games, is insanely good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I'd be interested to know the average age of the audience at that screening.

probably about the same as the dragon ball movies a couple years ago, and probably the same smell

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please enjoy public anime, but please also shower regularly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For a while I got really into Magic the Gathering online to the point that I thought, hey there is a local event at my nearby game shop, maybe I should go.

The smell there was only slightly better than when I was standing at the bus stop beside actual homeless people. It basically made me completely reconsider the worth of spending my time playing Magic at all.

I used to work at an arthouse theater that mostly showed foreign stuff and whenever we had a Ghibli movie or did special screenings for anime, opening the door to that theater was always just inviting misery on your nose

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

Apparently today Atlus had a survey for fans about P5 and they're already talking about expansions or possible sequels

Given P3 and 4, that's not really surprising

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought E3 was already public for a long time then they made it games industry people only a few years back

You're right, and there was a big panic that E3 was dead

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

This isn't a thing in the states?

lmao

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the united states hasn't been on the cutting edge of poo poo for a while now, please don't assume we have anything

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

raditts posted:

I'm playing Dragon Quest 5 and it's wife time. Who do I pick? My heart says Bianca but I respect Debora's give-no-fucks attitude.

Debora is cool but Bianca is also cool and the game really makes you feel bad for breaking her heart

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ekster posted:

I remember trying to get into fighting games a while ago until I realized that it was going to take me as much time and effort as I did getting good at playing the piano.

Learning to play an instrument is a pretty top tier way to spend time tho

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Aleque posted:

are you trolling?

It's not that hard to find, I believe in you

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill posted:

The important part is if Mario will have a human girlfriend in New Donk City.

W-wait what are you trying to say about Peach

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Please don't use a gaiden story as a source

If Peach is a mushroom then what are Daisy and Rosalina?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Thanks gamestop

How is this real

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Direct worries me. In the book publishing world, a publisher asking for a fee to pub your book is a red flag. I hope Valve doesn't set an example for Amazon and other platforms to follow. That will end up muddying the waters and make discerning legit platforms from scammers more difficult.

I'm also concerned about small dev businesses like Spiderweb, Basilisk Games, and Shining Rock. Little studios doing more than lazy Rpg Maker poo poo don't always have the margins to support a fee like this.

Yeah this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I played about five hours straight of Dark Souls 3 after not having touched it for several months. I went from the beginning of the game to the Undead Legion, doing full sweeps of every location in-between... and I haven't died once :smuggo:

My sex appeal has never been greater, I can feel it

Call me

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

It had both actually, just in different ways than usual

FFX made its linearity work really well with the narrative

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

I accidentlalyt just played stardew valley for 10 hours straight

only 10?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

Fun fact: the Nintendo eshop doesn't accept Discover either.

the fact that this is still a thing in the year of our luigi 2017 always baffles me

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I never got around to seeing it. Maybe one of these days.

better buckle up because *camera zooms in as i turn toward it* you're in for one wild ride

But yeah it is way more enjoyable than I would have ever expected it to be. Redline is still king racing movie tho

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

What a loving moron

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Is there anything worthwhile to get from the Hundred Acre Wood minigames? They are so loving awful.

Are you playing 1 or 2? 2 gives you a sword that makes grinding for drops easier but I don't think 1 gives you anything

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Not a Children posted:

Jet Force Gemini has aged like milk

Slap some new controls on it and it'd be fine, but as-is... blech

But cheese and yogurt are delicious!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

You have to do stuff to milk to make it in to those, not just leave it out in the sun for 15 years

Um I've played Baten Kaitos thank you and I don't think I like what you're suggesting

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LionArcher posted:

I guess I'll just remember Jet Force fondly and not buy an Xbone. Time to play more Zelda on the Wii U before breath of the wild comes out.

I'd like to recommend a little something called Project64

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
But guys what about ludonarrative dissonance

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

1. Diddy Kong Racing
2. Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
3. Crash Team Racing
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Everything else

Mario Kart 64 doesn't have music in multiplayer :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

So uhhh what is GotM?

I haven't played any 2017 releases yet.

Ogre Battle 64

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Dang, I forgot about Eldena and had to look that one up

I prefer Lini

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
pour one out for eiko...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Kirby is one of the best game series out there

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

fridge corn posted:

What about the sexual elements not in sex scenes? You seem okay with those, or at least not enough that you don't call it a bad game. There are plenty of ridiculous costumes in Witcher 3. Or is it only a problem if it's the playable character and you're okay with extreme sexualization as long as you're playing a man?

The problem isn't that you're criticizing this. I would agree with that. It's that rather than a genuine desire to discuss it you just want to complain, but only to complain about things you dislike while giving passes to things you like. You're a coward who is only willing to take a critical standpoint when it doesn't actually apply to things you like, and then try to use that to whine at other people instead of actually caring about the issue you claim to care about.

I believe I addressed most of these points in the Witcher 3 thread when I was playing the game
[/quote]

well i thought we were all just being trolled but apparently not

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i ruined the chat thread

The chat thread has been extremely good today, as it usually is when people have serious but civil discussions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Terry van Feleday posted:

Yo, brief Dark Souls question--

I bought Dark Souls 2 back when it came out and am only now getting to actually play it (my old PC couldn't run it...). My understanding is that the Scholar of the First Sin expansion rebalances the main game in addition to whatever new content it adds. Basically, is it worth upgrading to that one for my first playthrough? I'm not even sure I'll enjoy the game right now, even though I got super into the first one...

I played sotfs first and it was fine

use two caestus

• Locked thread