Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mahoning posted:

I'm so loving jacked for my Zelda machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quf0q3ABb7I&t=37s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

a.lo posted:

is UPS open tomorrow?

Yes, but they only deliver on weekdays as far as I know. If your delivery date is Monday, like mine is, you're likely to see your package move from the regional distribution center to the closest UPS office to your house tomorrow. They might deliver it Monday morning depending on how their schedule is.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Jivjov, are you seriously going to argue that the Wii U was a success?

Very clever.

You monster.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Zo posted:

my wife is dead set on getting this after seeing some commercials, so to save me some disappointment, is this thing basically an underpowered iphone like it looks like?

I'll have you know that the Switch is the most powerful version of the Nvidia Shield yet.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What did you guys find is the best control scheme for Splatoon gyro aiming?

I hated handheld, and thought the grip was much better. But I have a nagging suspicion that holding the controllers separately might be the secret best method if I can ever master it.

I know I had better results holding the controllers separate in Zelda puzzles, but not for shooting arrows.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Lobstertainment posted:

Pro controller was king for me. Joycons detached and separate was noticeably superior to holding the switch handheld. I didn't think to try them in the grip.

I think it's really hard to make the mental adjustment needed that the gyro control isn't centered in handheld mode. It mattered a lot more with the width of the handheld than with the grip. The pro controller wouldn't have this problem at all, of course.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Feenix posted:

It's hard to say where I will ultimately land on Splatoon 2 given I could only participate in that one test fire,

Splatoon 1 had three test fire weekends, so you'll probably get another chance.

Single player campaign helped me master the controls a lot, but unfortunately, there's no demo of that.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, that's good stuff. Splatoon is the only shooter where I ever get over 1 k/d.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kashuno posted:

They didn't put a bucket in the demo this is the worst

They're lulling people into a false sense of security. That's right, duck behind that wall, where you're perfectly safe. For now.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kashuno posted:

They better not replace best girls

The trailer had Marie standing alone and looking wistfully into the distance. Nintendo was quickly forced to put out a tweet that said, Yes, Callie is also in the game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

horney 4 golf

SNK horny, so what?

Loopoo posted:

I meant losing out on a bucket load of money. 20 quid in the grand scheme of things for 3 weeks use and getting to enjoy a game on release date isn't bad, and I'm only losing that amount because that's the cut Amazon takes. It'd be like going into Blockbusters back in the day. My question was answered, I dunno why you're all getting so up in arms about this. Like why? It doesn't even affect you lot.

Loan it out to friends so they can play Zelda and then get it back when they're done.

Although you seem pretty resistant to buying Snipperclips, so maybe you don't have any friends.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Actually you continue fighting the Octarians, culminating in a final battle where you splat Callie while a piano version of "Bomb Rush Blush" plays.

Actually whether you fight Callie or Marie is based on your Paragon/Renegade value. Sorry, Squid/Kid value.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 26, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

This must be that emulator that turns 2D games into hard to watch 3D games. Right? Right?

TerraGoetia posted:

Fresh opinion: Bomberman is still bad.

I'm sorry, that is not a valid fresh opinion. Try
code:
Splatoon is good.
or
code:
Splatoon 2 is good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Hungry Computer posted:

Their solution to nobody using the Microsoft Store is to release a cheaper version of Windows 10 that can only run programs from the Store. If that somehow works out well for them I could easily see Microsoft forcing Live on to their new captive audience.

If you don't follow computer news, this is a real thing that was announced last week, Windows 10 S.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

pixaal posted:

I can't wait for auto play levels designed with HD rumble that feels like things. And this level is cat, it feels like a purring cat.

You have to eat the mushrooms using the ir camera

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Stux posted:

i need about $200,000 for bail can anyone help me out.

Blue team wins renegade roundup.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I think buying minecraft was a mistake. They still haven't done anything to mitigate motion sickness and it's really severe with the tiny screen. I vaguely remember that turning the brightness up all the way helped on PC, although it's detrimental to gameplay.

Maybe I just shouldn't play it portable at all, which was the point of buying it on the switch? Any suggestions?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kirios posted:

It's pretty safe to say that they don't have another Wii U on their hands. A conservative guess is the Switch will hit 3DS levels of total sales.

Is that a conservative guess? The 3DS seems to sell about 75% what the PS4 does so that seems like it would constitute quite a success on Nintendo's part.

It certainly isn't another Wii U though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Tim Whatley....bad???

Let's just say, he's no Nintendo Switch.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

She just wants you to check out her guns.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Wait...
Is Daisy Waluigi?

No, I'm sorry. Daisy is Wario. Pauline is Waluigi.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

bef posted:

:same: arms looks infinitely better

Without Splatoon's bike shorts there would be no twintelle.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

RoboCicero posted:

forget ARMS when are they going to announce information on the sickest looking game of the year, OCTOPATH TRAVELER

I'm happy to announce that Octopath Traveller now has a release window. Winter 2014

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I appreciate your enthusiasm. But I think you may be overestimating Puyo Puyo Tetris a bit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Norns posted:

Why does a vampire need sunglasses

Don't masquerade with the guy in shades
Oh no

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kashuno posted:

"The badass princess" obvious fake.

The Explosive Head

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Phantasium posted:

what... what are mario and the rabbids going to fight?

It's right there in the name of the game. They're going to fight a kingdom.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Netflix Castlevania is a anime based on the NES game.

Red see-through case, huh? Pretty clear sign that that's a rom loaded FPGA rather than the genuine article.

Paging Dr. Tim Whatley's outrage. Paging Dr. Tim Whatley's outrage.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Suda51 will suplex a man on stage, but there will be no actual evidence of progress on his game.

Policenaut posted:

For your hilariously unlikely E3 leak toss-up, Boy Scouts of America may or may not have leaked that Animal Crossing is coming to Switch.

Article says Scorpio is going to be the star, so it's already untrustworthy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can make your own music in the lobby GOTY

Well it's competing with Splatoon there.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

That just makes me Ubisoft's original plan was a teamup with Namco?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

FACE DESPAIR IN SOLIDARITY

*fights a bunch of cutsey penguin trash enemies*

:geno:

I didn't realize how much it had in common with Disgaea.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The Bloop posted:

but the name as a phrase doesn't mean a lot.

If you do the obvious thing you get a mediocre ending. In order to get the good ending you must do nothing even though you know it will destroy the world. You might say that you have to bravely default.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Just because digital preorders has been a thing for years doesn't make it any less dumb, especially if you consider why preorders exist in the first place.

Preorders exist for the sake of the game companies. They just used to provide benefit to the consumer as well.
There's a reason digital preorders exist, but it's not one that benefits the customer.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

I don't know what that game is

quick edit: but I am going to look it up

Indivisible is the most I've ever heard people talk about Valkyrie Profile unfortunately.

36 turns until the end of the world.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Wheany posted:

Oh, and the squid adapter has some kind of "I had sex with your mum lastnight" detection and removal technology?

Nintendo didn't do all of that biometric stuff for nothing. The adapter will actually determine whether I had sex with your mom, and then announce to everyone in chat whether I was telling the truth.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Scholtz posted:

I swear to CHRIST ALMIGHTY that if they put the greatest game to grace the SNES (Yoshi's Island) on the switch but use the GBA port instead, I will flip my poo poo.

That would be hilarious. 720p extreme closeup on screaming baby.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

EpicNemesis posted:

ITT we list selling points for the Wii U

Super Mario Maker isn't on the Switch.
Yet?!?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

-Jonas Albrecht, the Switch thread, 2017/06/05.

Source your quotes.

But don't sign your posts?

*posting robot's head explodes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

The switch always threw us of and we were never really sure what triggered it.

Disappointing sales of the Wii U probably.

• Locked thread