Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

My go-to Jason voice will probably be my godawful Bane impression (sounds more like mumbling Sean Connery and less like Tom Hardy). Failing that,I'll see if I can figure out how to play John Cena's theme in an endless loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I've thought it over, and I've decided that I'm not going with the John Cena music. Instead, I've found the perfect Jason gimmick. Now if only I can figure out how to 1.play the audio on a mic and 2. play it on an infinite loop.

Edit:Since some people might be confused,that is the theme song of a nigh-unkillable monster that stalks the protagonist of Lunethex's Syphon Filter LP. Coolguye knows who I'm talking about.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 8, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm gonna use the Sanford and Son intro theme.

Oh God, that's perfect. :allears:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Queering Wheel posted:

I'm gonna work on my Bane voice for Jason rounds.

*counselor flees outside through a window*

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally..."

Same.But if that doesn't work out (AKA if I still sound like a mumbling Connery) by launch day I've got both Rhoemer's Theme and my godawful impression of Optimus Prime to fall back on.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I've already preordered and would love to play with goons.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just so you guys know I'm suffering from either an upper respiratory infection or allergic reactions to all the loving PLANTS (don't know yet) so if you encounter a Jason that sounds like a wheezy Bane,you'll know why.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

i wanna dub madworld commentary over this instead

*Councilor runs away* Run, dickhead, run!
*Jason kills a councilor* Screaming won't help. But it sure is fun to listen to!

Basically, Howard and Kreese(or however you're supposed to spell it) cheering Jason on would be hilarious.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

if someone has a soundboard for them i know how i'm going to gussy up my recorded rounds for youtubb

Here. Found it in the LP thread.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

holy gently caress i didn't expect to actually get one out of that

this owns, thank you surge

You're very welcome duder!

Also, for people who pre-ordered on Steam, pre-loads are up now.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ki ki ki ma ma ma

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Poulpe posted:

I also get why they do it and think it's kind of crappy, but mostly because I'm 98% sure there's some marketing guy out there getting himself off to his genius use of "influencers."

Also, for pulling this marketing stunt, the game really doesn't really look fantastic, just alright, which is a shame. The counselors don't really seem to have much agency in gameplay, which results in a match either looking like "uneventful looting spree + escape" or "get found, chased, and inevitably killed." I guess I'm wishing there were a little bit more to it.

Additionally, the environmental kills appear to be too few and far between to pull off with any reliability, which means 90% of the time you get Jason's default "kill the person I'm holding" animations, of which they only decided to give each Jason one for some reason. For being the game sold on gruesome deaths I thought they'd put in a little more effort there!

That sucks to hear. Time to refund my pre-order. :sigh:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

weekly font posted:

FYI that post is super wrong, if you're not joking.

About what? The part about the councilors having no agency? Or the part about there not being many cool kill animations?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Captain Magic posted:

I think it is great that Jason is hard to kill, but as his deaths are some of the most fun in the series, I hope that more options open up to kill him over time.

Like for me, a draw of the series was always a more-or-less equal pull between how creative the kills can be for Jason's victims and how the hell they're going to stop him this time.

There has to be limits to it otherwise he's not stupidly overpowered (which he should be), of course.

I'm hoping one of them involves the boat.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So in a bid to kill time and not watch idiots on twitch (as always I'm sure there are good ones, but man it's searching through the trash), anyone firing up the movies, reading Crystal Lake Memories or watching the doc. It's funny I don't even think of myself as the biggest fan of the series but I so how wound up with physical and later on the updated and expanded ebook of CLM.

Funny that you mention that, I just grabbed a copy of Crystal Lake Memories at the local Indigo. (We don't have Barnes and Noble over here. :canada:) It's a pretty interesting read.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ComposerGuy posted:

First run as Jason: 6/8. gently caress yeah.

Also, chasing the car driving backward for half the map was great.

Play with goons, it's the best.

Yeah,this game is a blast to play. Now if only I can stop sucking at Jason. Only thing I can say in my defense is that I'm unfamiliar with the new maps. And playing Jason in general.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Queering Wheel posted:

Server's back up on PC!

Not on my end. Canadian servers must still be down.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

It's weird-I was fine last night,but now it won't connect.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Database is down for me now.

Join the club,buddy. :hfive:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Fus Ro Dah

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I was wondering-how hosed are the PS4 servers? I'm tempted to grab it on PS4 while I'm waiting for the PC version to become playable.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Finally got into the game,but my progress got reset,which is a shame because I just had my best Jason round yet.Somehow killed everybody in spite of me being the worst Jason ever. In other news, Jim Sterling and his legions of snobby fanboys have started attacking this game.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think it was someone at Polygon, but not him, and they were legit horrible vs intentionally playing bad.

EDIT: Can't remember the game, but I recall people were making fun of them badly enough that they disabled comments.

I think it was the new Doom.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I too love games where nothing you do matters in the face of sheer RNG.

We get it, we're not allowed to like the game because you said so. gently caress off.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Nicaden posted:

To whoever suggested breaking all the windows but one, and then setting a trap there, you are a genius. I've caught so many people that way.

My last victim was some screechy kid who was the last remaining player. He spent the entire session hiding out while I hunted down the other players. I finally tracked him down to the cabin he was in and set up a trap outside the sole unbroken window, while he was taunting me. I casually broke through the door, and he stunned me and ran for the window.

As he was going through: "Wow you suck at this"

2 seconds later: "MOTHERFUCKER! gently caress YOU, gently caress YOU!"

Just as my stun wore off, he ended up going back into the cabin due to hammering X to break free and ended up in my arms. I promptly threw him back out.

As we went back to the lobby, he was raging and cursing. He also accused me of hacking and said he would report me and I'd be banned forever. Then he promptly rage quit after that parting statement.

Money well spent on this game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there was less than 2 minutes left on the clock so that must have especially stung.

Yep. Owning pubbies never gets old. I remember a recent Jason round where the first thing I did was teleport to the car to boobytrap it. I appeared right next to a counselor. She said "You know what? Just kill me. This is the shittiest spawn EVER." So I did. Then I hunted the rest down one by one. One of them tried to make a break with the fuel,leading me on a merry chase,taunting me all the while. He eventually got caught on a piece of scenery....right next to the fireplace. His cry of "OH COME O-" as I roasted his nuts filled me with great joy.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yep.

It's ok. It's no toilet or coat rack or fireplace, though.

Or folding chair. Edit:Sadly,not THAT kind of folding chair. I'm talking about the white chairs I've seen around Packanack.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 30, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

LionArcher posted:

Omhwrecker on YouTube has some solid games of it. And his friends are funny.

Seconding this. Although H20 Delirious' shrieking can get grating, if you low tolerance for that kinda thing.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I think I just had the best Counselor moment of my life: I was the goth chick, we'd just fixed the car and Jason kept hounding the three of us. We eventually managed to get the car going ,but Jason stopped us several times. Somehow he wasn't able to kill any of us, with each attempt by him resulting in us playing ring around the rosie with his lumbering rear end. Right before the exit,he was able the grab our driver (Chad). I quickly hopped in and drove off with the other person while Chad was screaming "gently caress YOU YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"
Basically, I was able to out-Chad Chad, my proudest moment so far. Besides finally getting the Birdbath kill.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

So a number of folks have asked for a full run of my singing Jason gimmick, I went ahead and did it yesterday and got lucky enough to have some Twitch streamstar on there as well reacting to it. It wasn't as good as people mistaking it for gospel music but it was still pretty amusing.

My view is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B04AXaHkNhA here. Apologies for my many years old mic giving a static crackle in the background, there's not much I can do about that.

The streamer I happened to random into has her archive video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148420657. The match starts at 56:00. I wasn't able to hear most of her reactions to my 'chanting', as she puts it, and her chat also has a pretty what the gently caress reaction to it, so it's a decent watch.

Now all we need is one of your wrestling commentator matches. Unless you've already posted that, in which case I am a dumb. Edit:Also the Twitch link goes nowhere.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Wasn't that doom?

If only you could talk to Jason. Oh wait...

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

I even sang the english translation briefly for the streamer since she'd made it obvious she was unsettled by it and she didn't get it until I talked about it afterward lol

Ah these kids today. So uncultured. Back in my day...

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I dunno if you're taking Jason gimmick suggestions, Coolguye, but I just had a perfect one pop into my head-a Mr. Torgue soundboard. Mostly because Jason bellowing "THIS IS GONNA BE SICK" while smashing down the door is hilarious.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 1, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

NOTHING IS MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH ~RESPECT~!

(Said while snapping Vanessa in half)

FTFY

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

Jesus Christ the people I've played with.

I watched two counselors have a fight to the death. Not sure why but we all watched. It was kinda great. Then we tried to kill Jason but everyone was talking over each other and the poor guy playing Tommy swung the machete instead of hitting the prompt. We were shortly massacred.

Next game the obnoxious poo poo I'd muted was Jason. I spawn outside the cabin with the phone. I find the fuse inside. Fix the phone and watch as four counselors escape with the car. I call the cops and figure I'll wait him out, gently caress him and his constant begging to be Jason and million dumb questions about the movies.

I hide in a closet watching the map. The other two counselors are waiting at one of the exits. A tricky gamble but it pays off and they escape. I pop out and start my run down the road to the cops, flare gun in hand. Jason is standing there waiting. I pop him with the flare and run past. Clean sweep. All I hear in post game chat is laughing and people clowing on the dude who is apparently screaming about how they lied to him about setting him up for a Jason death scene. He gets kicked from the game.

This game is kinda terrible when played with pubbies
FTFY

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Jason never uses a chainsaw in any of the films, and yet most people think he uses one.

It's the "Beam me up Scotty" of horror films.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Carebearz posted:

another question as Jason, when I grab someone, not all of my kills are available towards the start, does their use unlock over time?

Some need a finicky amount of space to proc.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Like a dumdum I have the leg split and head pull and pitchfork lift and head stab, and all of them require standing on flat ground in a featureless Kansas pasture that spreads out to the horizon.

Which is why I have the ones that don't require a ton of space like the bear hug or head punch.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

that pos car is not an unstoppable force

That would be Chad.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I just picked this up for PC, and I gotta admit, as much as I'm loving it so far, I was a little shocked at so much blatant gay bashing and racism. Maybe it's just because Destiny was the only multi I've played in the past few years, but it was really off-putting. People just shouting human being and friend of the family constantly, pepes everywhere. I've done some competitive mm in CSGO recently and it didn't seem anywhere near as toxic.

I guess I should be playing with goons. I think out of like ten matches, maybe two had people that weren't just completely awful people.

To be fair, it makes killing them as Jason all the more satisfying.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

The idea would be to effectively pick people off because she's not as tough as Jason. Jason is completely impossible to kill outside of performing a specific sequence of actions with specific characters and items, so he can juggernaut his way around the map and smash every door and window to pieces while you hope he chases anyone other than you.

Pamela Voorhees was defeated in the first movie by a terrified girl barely old enough to drink because she went on the offensive once, and she temporarily escaped several times by simply hitting Pamela in the face and running. She got all of her kills by carefully ambushing the others, luring them away and using tricks like blinding them with lights to walk right up to them.

With that in mind I imagine she'd have a bunch of extra environmental interactions to distract/disorient counselors while she goes for the kill/repositions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Archenteron posted:

Last night as the first NESJason in a goon game, I killed one or two people, flubbed stopping the car, flubbed stopping the boat, then chased Leprechad for ten minutes while everyone laughed at me in deadchat

Same,but I got killed to add to the humiliation.

• Locked thread