Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Can't wait for red bar superstars to still exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Alteisen posted:

Or have some trials pulse that melts me whenever I come across it.

I don't remember the name but I couldn't do poo poo to the guy with it.

This Nirwen's Mercy from Iron Banner (Headseeker, Braced Frame) I have is my absolute bottom bitch, I keep trying to find a better time to kill in any primary but I consistently out shoot people at disgusting range with this.

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/3904536202-nirwens-mercy#0;12o;21;33o;48o;50;61;70;80o;9

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

PathAsc posted:

Hi I'm PathAsc and I'm addicted to smoking meth and hailing Satan
:same:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Tei posted:

I watched a youtube today, and they say that we will slowly conquer the old places of Destiny 1 (in each dlc), retaking these areas. Is a fun idea.
Sweet, then we can run the same maps backwards and forwards and backwards, now with 100% more Cabal!

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Vanilla destiny?

:froggonk:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

The Meat Dimension posted:

Apparently Bungie will have a thing at the Paramont theater at PAX this year too

The email hyperlink just goes to bungie.com lol
If you can get tick... oops sold out like an hour ago. :rip:

DrNutt posted:

PAX loving sucks. There are too many people, not enough cool poo poo, and tickets are stupid expensive and sell out immediately. I went a few years ago and it was a totally miserable experience. I got to wait like 3 hours in line to play Titanfall and spend the rest of it crushed in with smelly fat weirdos.

PAX should have half the tickets available and use a lottery system for tickets.

At least PAX Prime, I don't know if the others are as terrible yet.
Lol if you wait in line in the Expo Hall to play a broken version of a game on a disgusting disease sponge of a controller/kbm. There's plenty else to do.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

can't wait for pc players to run into this poo poo lmao
Oh the outrage, it's going to be great.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I sent that around the Destiny players at work, they hated and wanted to be me at the same time. :smug:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
:master:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

Except when you come from out of radar range.

http://i.imgur.com/ojwkohY.gifv

Assholes had no hope.

Sometimes no DFA required.

http://i.imgur.com/LJ9JsKV.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/del30FJ.gifv

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/UKe6qPp.gifv

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

:siren: Boys, it's been real. Thanks to all the posters here who helped us find our true selves. Please enjoy this send off montage from all of us at Bone Krew :siren:

Bone Krew - The Rippin' And The Tearin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q5iIaP0M3c

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Grenades.

https://i.imgur.com/LOXXMjb.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/y6Wwi5f.gifv

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Wait for it...

https://i.imgur.com/GK0a8ac.gifv

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The pvp is slightly growing on me but it's still a terrible direction to take the game.

Countdown needs to go to 4
Survival needs to go to 3

Quickplay scores need to be reduced by a third

(Player count needs to go to 6)

We need to have selectable game modes, and we need the return of Big Team Battle from Halo 3 (which would just be 6s).

Also, Custom Lobbies so we can have a sweet XBone Krew Elite PvP Tournament!

:page3:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Funkmaster General posted:

Here's a website that will show you all the recorded game clips you show up in:

https://guardian.theater

Be prepared for them to all be clips of you getting killed by some stupid sweaty in crucible.

Or, you can cherry pick the moments when you made people mad.

https://i.imgur.com/TG0CLIa.gifv

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
That NM Warlock Bond with paper scrolls though. All about them scrolls.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Attention fellow goons, every map of the Pleasure Gardens sucks (except the day 1 MS Paint one) so I drew us a new one. And since it was going to end up on Reddit anyway I posted it there as well.

Detailed Map with legend, paths and prism sightlines, add spawn locations, etc.

Simplified Map

Drain 001 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 24, 2017

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Drain 001 posted:

Attention fellow goons, every map of the Pleasure Gardens sucks (except the day 1 MS Paint one) so I drew us a new one. And since it was going to end up on Reddit anyway I posted it there as well.

Detailed Map with legend, paths and prism sightlines, add spawn locations, etc.

OLD AND BUSTED

Simplified Map

Updated the detailed map. All paths and sun-shots should be correct now.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
My Dead Orbit Lady Titan is top shelf my friends.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

PathAsc posted:

When I send a sick fag burn, I get fuckin banned

When I post in the thread man, I get fuckin canned

I'll get the mods on my rear end and I'm gonna have to pass and I bring the best lols cause I'm tone deaf and crass

This is how you limerick my dude:

Gay jokes aren't something that's cool,
when used as an ironic tool.
"I'll give it a shot...
this pubbies a human being!"
But your post is just full of hate, fool.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Also, I love Moist because he always posts a PvP gif of himself getting owned along with the ones where he savagely roasts people with fusions. We get the whole package.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

hitchensgoespop posted:

Whats the go to stratergy for the part of guantlet where everyone has to run.

My team splits into pairs and runs left middle and right and grab alternate orbs but it seems to be more luck than anything when we finish and we never get more than three people through.

The two runners and the raid dad skip the first orbs. Orb getters call out which orb they go for. Alternate after that.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Roman posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46427

TWAB is up. Game Director says this is some of the stuff they are working on for future updates:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Patch 1.06 next week:

Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk emote
Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam

Crucible:
Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.

Clash:
Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)

Control:
Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system

Survival:
Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)

Supremacy:
Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system

I will never understand how devs can think it's ok to ship a game with less features than it's predecessors. "Oh no one cared about private matches, couch co-op, firefight, forge or theater mode... don't worry about that stuff."

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Brine posted:

That would be rough. Everyone would be hanging back and team shooting with MIDA.

No ADS either. CS:GO is the most popular FPS in the world and it doesn't have ADS so clearly MLG Destiny doesn't either.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Waffle House posted:

Embrace the farming, buff drops, and make a Harvest Moon or Spacechem simulator on The Farm so we can alchemize shaders into different shaders or something dumb and entertain ourselves.

I'd prefer they just make the game fun to play.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I searched the blog post for "300" to address the crap drops you get at 305. Turned up nothing as well.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

If they just made that procedurally generating horde mode with like perpetually higher difficulty levels and no top end with a leaderboard for how many levels deep you get in one run and added private matches you would probably satiate 90% of the playerbase until September

"I dreamed a dream . . . but now that dream is gone from me" - Morpheus

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Adregan posted:

:siren: :siren: Attention :siren: :siren: Bone Krew has openings for the people looking to get into a Clan on Xbox or those people that are in the overflow clan looking to join the main clan. If anyone else that was removed from the clan still plays the game they are more than welcome to reapply. though I will be looking at people from the overflow clan first.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[McBain Voice] The family that plays together....gets slayed together

https://i.imgur.com/TAe0jVC.gifv

Agreed, that gif alone is worth getting the emote for actual $$.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

With a bit of luck, Biohazrd's life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite strikes, guardians in red woolen shirts are getting incredible boons from things he’ll never know.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

- Agent Smith

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Luxor is a grimy shithole.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

How do I stop being bad at pvp? I can shoot computer mans.

Go back to 2001 and tell your younger self to play Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST and Reach.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

It's probably your style

There's pvp if you want it to be pvp

You can steal chests from other boats and redeem them yourself

You can sneak onto somebody else's boat and steal it or place a powder keg on it and cause a leak which can sink them if they don't repair it.

They call it a beta but it's more of a demo but the cool thing is that you can pre-order and get the beta and cancel the pre-order immediately after you're done this Tuesday.

The gun feel is bad but it's kind of relaxing just setting out to sea to get some booty. Bernie and I have been having a blast.

Just make sure to matchmake with a crew using comms because the big ship needs a lot of coordination: one guy steering, one guy messing with the sails, one dude checking the map for navigation, and another to play music or shoot cannons.

We had some dude on our team try to take the boat out to sea while we were turning in chests so we all voted him into gay baby jail and we got really drunk and puked into his face for a while

Tonight I was in a 4 man crew (one cool pubby with no mic) and we had like 6 chests in the hold and another ship started chasing us. So I steered us directly through a storm and we trimmed the sails just right so we were loving flying and we lost them, we all like to think they sank :)

A few days ago I swam aboard an enemy ship and dropped their anchor so my ship could pound the poo poo out them. This game is super fun.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo you guys are still posting in here lol.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I think you'll find that the Luxor is Vegas at its best, at a price that enables you to enjoy more than just the accommodations

Luxor was the grimiest shithole I've ever stayed in. I've stayed in nicer Red Roof Inns.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

RBA Starblade posted:

I miss the old space buses

That's loving ridiculous lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Far too soon to say what any of this means, but I will say that Bungie and Time Crunch Bungie are two very different Beasts

The only people left are Time Crunch Bungie, all the Bungie people have been at 343 for years.