Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is the Sessions hearing likely to have anything good, or is it just going to be hours of deflection and "can't answer that publicly"?

That and crap we already know. Nothing major will be revealed today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fitzy Fitz posted:

So would this be obstruction of justice?

I don't think so, unless there was an active invrstigation at the time that he was heading. I don't recall if there was.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Anything we didn't already know? Just got in from errands.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Keep on this rear end in a top hat please

That's what she said.

Heyooooooo

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"This healthcare bill is mean and written by stupid dumbheads. We need something gooder that will heal people's owies."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Glad there will be no fatalities, but I love the irony of Republicans getting shot with something they've made so drat easy to get.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pollyanna posted:

You and I both know they'll just make it harder for only minorities and dissidents to arm themselves, and refuse to solve the actual problem. :smith:

Oh I know. Im not dumb enough to think that any positive change at all will some out if this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

canepazzo posted:

Trump's gonna fire Mueller, isn't he?

Oh my God I would jizz for a week.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I take it no Spicey time today?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pellisworth posted:

yeah completely agree

Trump nodding approvingly and saying gross stuff while Russian hookers piss on the bed Obama slept is honestly a lot tamer than the pussy grabbing tape. I mean, is the piss tape even illegal? Not even that gross other than spiting Obama. Sexual assault and viewing women as sexual objects is a lot worse.

The actual damage would be from Trump going ballistic at its release, because he can't let even the tiniest slight go.

The only long-term memory Trump possesses are grudges.

The best way to do it would be to have Trump completely convinced you were going to relases whatever it is you have on him, make sure the rumor gets picked up and is all over social media, let Trump dig himself into a hole vis Twitter and then not release it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159314435155725&id=153080620724

Whoops was trying to embed a facebook post of his but am apparently unable to.

Text: The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media - over 100 million people! I can go around them!

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 16, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ekeog posted:

It's going to be a great weekend

Trump does nothing on weekends except for golf.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump isn't getting impeached. What matters from this investigation is for Republicans to get so deeply unpopular throughout the nation that they lose in a wave election in 2018. And we're well on the way already. In the meantime we can hope that awful pieces around Trump ala Sessions get cast off as the Idiot King lashes out at those around him desperate to find a new scapegoat.

They'd absolutely impeach him if they thought it would be the only thing they could do to save their own asses.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

fishing with the fam posted:

I highly doubt this scenario ever comes about. If anything, I don't doubt many Rs in Congress think alienating Trump's base would harm their re-election bids more than staying the current course.

The Republican party is divided, as we well know. Look at the GA-6 race as a prime example. It's as much a referrendum in Trump as anything. Granted there are the die hards who will never ever turn on Trump even if he shot their mothers in the face, but that's not the entire party.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don't know about you but if a draft were to be declared tomorrow and I knew that I could get out of it by making GBS threads my pants then I would poo poo my pants without even having to think about it. gently caress you if you think I'm a coward because I literally don't wanna be sent off to my death.

Doesn't matter which side owns the presidency either. I'm going to do everything I can short of self mutilation to get out of any draft, no matter the cause.

I wouldn't blame you for it. I'd probably offer to carpool to Canada with you. But I would call you a hypocrite if decades later you ran for president and said how much you loved this country and it's military and some fine young man was sent to his death in your place because your daddy paid off doctors.

My father is a Vietnam vet, but he volunteered for it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

HootTheOwl posted:

HILLARY WILL KILL US ALL WITH HER NO FLY ZONE!

No, it's the Sharia law she wants to impose, dumbass. And the Islam she wants to make mandatory to be taught in all schools.

Sadly I know more than a few die hard Trumpers who honestly believe this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
It depends who the driver and victims were if this admin gives a poo poo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

OddObserver posted:

It was right next to a mosque, and apparently people were returning from evening prayers (how late are those supposed to be?)

Ok so then Trump may give a brief, half assed statement about it and then never mention it again.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Glazier posted:

gently caress these people, I am so glad I left the Democratic party.

We don't need you anyway. Have fun voting for people who will kill literally millions, and then go gently caress yourself.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
So is there still another major story from tick tick tick guy that's coming or did that turn out to be nothing?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rust Martialis posted:

You don't get it maaaaan, how millennials are all doooooomed.

Seriously growing up in the 1970s the odds of dying in a full-on nuclear strategic exchange we're ALWAYS present. You lived knowing there were enough missiles aimed at your city to wipe it off the map multiple times.

Millennial angst over this is stupid, they think the world didn't exist before they got woke or something. It's like the US habit of chest beating about how many casualties they took at some tiny island fight like Bloody Tarawa, to which any European combatant just rolls their eyes.

Millennials: other people had it worse and whined less about it you annoying babies.

Should I stay off your lawn?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

empty whippet box posted:

Tomorrow. I've been wondering if it'll be the morning or a five o clock drop, no way to know though.

How credible is he?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

a personal friend of comey's and several other FBI officials

I would live to have a week like we did a while back where bombs we're dropping every single day.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
We need that bombshell today to knock Trump down a few pegs.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mcmagic posted:

There is no way Johnson and Cruz vote no.

Johnson is such a slimy weasel. gently caress my state for choosing him over fiengold twice.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
So tick tick tick guy was full of poo poo?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

haveblue posted:

The wording of that tweet makes it sound like he supports making it essential (pushing back against removing it from essential health benefits).

If someone says this, I hope the immediately reply is that Jesus provided free health care to all comers.

I've used this very argument in my FB with some of my idiot co workers. The responses were..... Interesting.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
So why isn't all of this Russia stuff being shouted from the highest mountain, instead of Trump's tweet storm this morning?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because it has been for like 2 months now? Just because the media is focusing on something else for a single day doesn't mean people have forgotten. Or did you just miss all of the 24/7 Comey drama?

I was talking about this particular element of it, not the story in general.

No pun intended but evidence of collusion trumps Donny Dipshit's latest triggered butthurt Twitter rants.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What would you like to happen that isn't happening?

Did.... Did I not make myself clear?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Internet Kraken posted:

The article that brought this up was literally just released, whereas Trump's stupid tweet was made in the early morning.

The endless 24 hour news cycle has ample time to cover all this idiocy.

I was unaware as to how long this story had been out. I retract if it's only been an hour or so.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Groovelord Neato posted:

americans are dumb as hell

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

I don't understand what's wrong with this one. Seems fine to me. Unless it's referring to the hashtag, which I guess looks a little bad, but it's Twitter.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Please keep tweeting, Donny. Keep digging yourself deeper.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

empty whippet box posted:

quoting myself to point out that he has now pinned this tweet

poo poo's getting real now.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SeANMcBAY posted:

Absolutely and they should report on that. I just don't see the point of outing this turd with a front page headline unless he's secretly a public figure or something. It's pretty loving creepy actually.:shrug:

JEEEWWWWWWSSSSSSS!!!!

--Donald Trump, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hospital infections are motherfuckers. My dad was in the hospital for 3 months due to an infection contracted after his cancer surgery. His liver and kidneys will never be the same again.

Best case scenario is Scalise survives but can no longer hold office.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gaunab posted:

Why is Poland courting Donald Trump again?

Because they didn't learn their lesson the last time a racist, authoritarian egomaniac entered their country.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

AceOfFlames posted:

I was kind of freaked out the other day when Google Assistant out of the blue suggested I could archive all the pictures of receipts I had on my phone. Pictures that obviously had no label marking them as receipts, meaning it recognized them as such by visual recognition alone. Granted, a computer recognizing a blank piece of paper with currency values as a receipt is not as taxing a computational task as others but it was still kinda creepy.

Sometimes out of the blue, my Alexa will tell me she can't answer a question that I never asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

twice burned ice posted:

Don Jr. meeting w/Russians is #FAKENEWS. Real story is Crooked H deal to sell Russians #URANIUM. Much worse collusion! No puppet!

It's going to be almost this exactly.

• Locked thread