Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Boot deep throating?

It's a common mistranslation from german for blowing a submarine captain

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Inspector_666 posted:

I almost wish GW named them something else because "technical paint" makes them sound like top tier advanced level stuff when it's really the opposite.

I know you're supposed to use nihilakh oxide to make verdigris effects but it's so drat good for glow effects. Paint crevice white then put in a little bit of that and voila, white glowing plasma vent

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ffoecaf posted:

Yeah I think I'll still be taking similar amounts of Intercessors and guardsmen even if I don't have to.

On a hobby front, painted my first ork this weekend

I love the skin tone on this dude, what's the rough process/colors you used on it?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can't you just ask "what's the range on that squad?" When you forget what has what weapon?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
ultramarines can still only say fr*ck

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gunder posted:

Which armies wouldn't take troops if they didn't have to?

tau probably

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe detachment CP is moving to per turn regen instead of a set amount

I hope it's like that but think it would be kinda nice if each points tier had a set amount of CP. So like 1k gets 5, 1.5k gets 7, 2k gets 10 or whatever actual numbers make sense.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Improbable Lobster posted:

loving fake warhammer fans probably don't even know about the slam sector

Is that a butthole?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Riptides are 14 wounds so this is gonna be fun

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Does each different type of model have a unique engagement range or do all aircraft have the same engagement range?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

jng2058 posted:

As I understand it, Engagement Range means "within 1" of an enemy model".

Ah ok, I never really played against much melee armies so I didn't know that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grundma posted:

I don't know if I'd call it an ATV its more of a primaris go kart

Ultramarines will be OP as their chapter relic is a Blue Shell

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Floppychop posted:

I'm going to loot one of the marine-karts for my Orks.

Please figure out a way for the Ork on the top to be throwing a banana peel

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Floppychop posted:

I feel like I'd have to give it a 40k spin. Maybe a yellow squig or a green/red marine helmet?

hell yeah, and then have it driving over a purple shoulder pad with a question mark on it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

xtothez posted:

NGL this Contrast guide is making me wanna paint some Necrons

I like to do this same trick but with nihilakh oxide or a glaze like gulliman blue or blood drinker (I think that's the name of it, the red one)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/17/overwatch-overhaulgw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-2

And in today's 9th ed Overview, we're dealing with Overwatch. Which now apparently costs a Command Point to do.

RIP in piss Tau

Edit: ok seriously after actually reading the article it's not all that bad. And looks like castling up in defensive terrain will be a "must" against punchman armies. Overall that's kinda cool.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 17, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Seems they forgot battlesuits? Or maybe battlesuits get vehicle keyword? Or maybe riptides/etc won’t protect characters.

Riptides count as monsters, or at least have in 7th/8th

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gunder posted:

Magnets!

Are magnets and a ferrous metal baking tray the way to go for moving poo poo around in between matches?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I said come in! posted:

Love the paints themselves, but hate the bottles. gently caress Citadel.

I will never figure out how to avoid getting that little ring of paint that starts from the back aside from never ever tipping the pot back when opening it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I wish this was a mod for Red Dead Redemption 2

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there a way of making an effective army that combines

stompy robots
space wizards
cheap-ish to collect

Do you count a tau ethereal as a space wizard?

alt question: Do you count eldar wraithknights as a stompy robot?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Corrode posted:

Mostly they're meant to go with those clear plastic bases that they fit into, but otherwise yeah, you gotta drill.

Ohhhh, I trim off the base end and make it flat by running it on sandpaper or whitling it down with an xacto knife. Then I glue it to a base

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Posting the riptide with all the colors blocked in, just gotta do washes and highlights. I did wash the gun because I was waiting for a part to dry and got bored

Definitely the largest thing I've done to date but I'm super proud of it so far

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Looks really good! Do you mind sharing what blue that is? I am doing a large force of Tau up and have been struggling to come up with a paint scheme.

Thanks! I prime black, then the main blue about two/three coats of P3 Exile Blue. The white P3 frostbite, which takes like 5 coats sometimes. And the glow attempt on the weapon is the white but with a little bit of gulliman blue glaze

I originally got these colors to make space wolves, but I think they look better on the Tau

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 1, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Just wondering about the max of +/- 1 on the modifiers, does that apply to AP? So like do you think tau can still use the custom sept missile rule for -1 AP then also use an ATS for another -1 on top? Or is stacking buffs like that just not gonna be a thing?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Seems like 8th but with QOL changes and some stuff fleshed out. I can't wait till this pandemic is over becuase I should have a fully painted army by then and this will be fun

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ThoraxTheImpaler posted:

If it's actually decent, and with fortification networks only being 1CP, and free if it's faction specific terrain, then Imperial Fists might actually have buildings to shoot at for the first time ever.

Given this, I may actually have an excuse to use the droneport and tidewall I've been painting up as background scenery

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Any news on the new paints aside from price?

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 2, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gameko posted:

So at the end of the day, magnet mini bases and metal sheets, rather than washers on minis with magnet sheets?

The latter sounds smarter as then putting stuff in cohesion on a table won't run the risk of accidentally having them all clump together

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Does anyone put little rubber pads on their bases so that models won't slide off sloped terrain as easily?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When do the preorders go up?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeeeaaaah, this is not wrong.

The only content I have to offer so far is a WIP shot of an old Taurox I finally got around to paint. :shobon:

I think you need to park this guy in a better neighborhood next time

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Deleter posted:

I watched their video for Tau and it opened on "there are so many viable ways to play Tau now!" and then the video went into abusing terrain rules by having your three Riptides hump each other whilst having their toes touch a piece of Obscuring ruins so they could shoot through it. The suggested army lists both contained three Riptides.

Meet the new boss...

I think that was their way of teaching how terrain works using something that Tau players are familiar with.

Also by teaching how unit coherency works using conga lines of drones.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Paint them neon pink and purple, gently caress it dude make anything whatever color you want

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
oi guvna this is arch hea to talk your bollocks off about them ninnies whomst thinks they can say who canna play with plastic spacemen

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Uhh this is probably a dumb question, but for the whole "fully painted and based" criteria what about the clear plastic flying bases? For example, the ones used for tau drones. Do you have to paint those too?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RagnarokAngel posted:

Good question. I don't think you have to but many choose to.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Good question. I don't think you have to but many choose to.

Cool, I didn't think so but I don't really have experience playing against random people as back when I played way long ago during 7th I played against my friends who got me into the game. I don't know how pedantic clubs/tournaments would be about stuff like that.

I'm hoping that by the time everything opens back up I'll have my tau ready for some games at the GW store nearby and FLGS as well, but given that florida is the laughing stock of epidemiological responses I'm going to have a lot more time. It'll be kinda funny if my first game in years is a fully painted 2000pt list

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gunder posted:

In my short amount of experience playing with randoms, prepare for maximum pedantry and minimum generosity of spirit.

People have warned me that because I'm playing Tau it's gonna raise the salt floor a lot, so uh yeah i'm at least a little prepared for pedantry and douchbaggery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fashionly snort posted:

anyway. eventually all your drone stems will snap off inside the model and become permanently stuck

I'm not going to glue the drones to the flying stand :twisted:

(this really just makes moving them slightly more tedious as i have to grasp the shaft instead of the model)