Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Does anyone here have the receipts for Netanyahu/israeli intelligence supporting Hamas over Fatah in the last elections and disrupting the secular parties to favor extremists? I'd live to prove my point to someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Maed posted:

a jewish kids asks his dad for 10 baby heads, his dad says 20 baby heads? what do you need 40 baby heads for?

If there's a ground invasion, then there will definitely be idf soldiers beheading kids for retribution

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

mags posted:

watch joe biden start a loving draft

I would love to be drafted so that I could frag an officer

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is it time for me to again bust out the secret knowledge on how to retrofit a CO2 tank to a SodaStream so you can avoid giving Zionists your money?

Yes, please. I loving hate that I have to buy ss refills for my drinkmate

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

KomradeX posted:

They embarrassed us 40 years ago by disposing our puppet dictator. For that offense we shall never forgive them

It really is this, a lot of people still nursing a grudge from 40 years ago

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

toggle posted:

what will happen in the region if when the invasion fails? hamas goes on the offensive?

Frankly, offensive operations seem impossible in both directions without outside intervention

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

27-50 with no prior military experience? I assume this is mostly people who moved from America?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Israeli doctrine is apparently to sacrifice tank crews in unsupported columns so that the infantry don't get scared and go home.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

there is no way that their doctrine really calls for armor to be screened by dismounted tank crews, you are having a go at this thread

The tankers would probably drive over and gun down their own infantry if they weren't forced to take turns being the infantry

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what purpose does the cage serve if the glass is bulletproof?

Anti -tank weapons used to be less effective if they exploded too early, so a stand-off cage can pre-detonate the warhead and protect the tank from damage. Modern warhead designs take the cage into account so it mostly doesn't do anything.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

how come its sergeants major for the plural, but not lieutenants colonel ?

Excellent question: the reason is that in this situation "major" is an adjective which modifies the rank of sergeant by increasing it, while "lieutenant" is an adjective which modifies the rank of colonel by lessening it.

Edit: the increasing/decreasing isn't important I was just being overly specific

Speleothing has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Nov 2, 2023

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's Friday, the office is a ghost town by then and they can sneak out early for the weekend.

NGL scheduling your attack for a Friday afternoon would probably gently caress up most Western militaries even if they had advanced warning

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Iverron posted:

it’s cool that all the US politicians have avoided saying ceasefire for weeks in favor of “humanitarian pauses” only for the Israel to settle on “short ceasefire”

Nah "short ceasefire" was carefully chosen to try to disarm the online movements and disrupt search engines without actually offering anything of substance

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

lotta tribes on notice

The point of doing blood quantum is so that the tribes eventually disappear.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting Hezbollah to do anything really major, it is all about brinksmanship, the question is if they start upping ground operations. Hezbollah knows they can't get away with bombing an IAF base or major urban centers, but at the same time, the US clearly signaling it wants a way out of it, however, they also know if Hamas goes down, they are going to be next.

The question becomes of how much Hezbollah can escalate and get away with it.

The thing is, I think they can get away with hitting bases every day three times a day as long as there's no "massacre" happening or strikes on US government officials. I think the US position will be that soldiers are soldiers and that's fair play.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

KORNOLOGY posted:

Is there a term for what happened to Israel that turned it from a homeland to an absolute apartheid state?

Ethno-nationalism

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Nobody loved you as victims, and in fact people want you destroyed because you cannot learn a drat thing

No no, he's got a point, most people sympathize with victims. Unfortunately for Israel the last time they were victims was before the nakba.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Communism is the way.

Actual, for real question. Has any other nation successfully integrated a minority ethnic group similar to China's method (providing real development and tying them materially to wider China). I know the USSR did this, but I'm having trouble of recalling America ever accomplishing this. Or is such a project to build connections between communities antithetical to capitalism?

The US made the pueblos dependent on tourism

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

wouldn't their dicks be bruised and misshapen after 24 hours?

I think you'll find the only way to know the answer is to try it yourself

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

Names of the Hamas terrorists inside the hospital just dropped

https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1724173144804426061

Finally the evil "Monday" will face justice delivered by the brave IDF special forces

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Screenshot the whole thread for those of us who don't have Twitter accounts

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

The Voice of Labor posted:

oh hey, what's the extremely nazi 90 degree wing eagle nazi regalia in the middle there?

e: with lightning bolts too?

It's only bad when other people do it

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Hatebag posted:

yeah i don't know if they can go toe to toe in open battles with the idf in israel. my understanding is that their anti-tank stuff is mostly manpads. they do have a whole lotta missiles and rockets, though, so i guess they could be bombarding israeli cities and goading the idf into attacking their fortified areas along the border. not my place to tell them their business though

The current paradigm of war in the drone & anti-tank rocket age seems to highly favor defensive operations. Invading into Israel would be a quagmire for Hezbollah, with the obvious caveat that the Israeli government might just collapse before it gets too bad.

Also manpad is Air-Defense

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

I am not saying I want my country's expensive aircraft carriers sunk BUT I would be interested in a marine biologists perspective on how the resulting artificial reef system would benefit the fishes.

Looking at the bathymetry of the eastern Mediterranean I think most of the places where they might end up would be too deep to be much of a reef. You get to like 2600ft (800m) only ~30 miles off the coast.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Page 1776: God drat America

Death to America

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Sounds more like a made up story because of all the people laughing at the turn out photo.

"Oh there were way more people than that. Just out of sight, you know?"

A lot more good decent middle income Americans who had time off from their jobs wanted to come support the only democracy in the middle east, but those dirty low class working poor bus drivers, who are probably immigrants, betrayed them

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

You gotta screenshot the threads for people who don't have twitter accounts

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is an anemic amount of weapons compared to what Israel needs, and no mention of bombs for the air force. Not sure why we're not doing more, but it could be that either we're being extra cautious now that Israel has gone full mask off, or our stockpiles could be too depleted from Ukraine already and this is all we have left before depleting US operational stockpiles.

57,000 shells for 155mm artillery is exactly what you need for a precision operation designed to root out terrorist cells while not hurting civilians

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

That's pretty weak. Everything gets a white sticker these days.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Lmao

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Question: were Blue & White or Blue & Silver traditionally jewish colors before israel used them for its flag? Or are all the "Hanukah decorations" for sale at this time of year vaguely and unthinkingly zionist?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

loving hate the lying news media for not reporting that the ship is owned by an israeli tycoon.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

does hamas have a gaming discord

All gaming discords are hamas gaming discords

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

I think orthodox jews aren't supposed to be cremated.

That's literally where the Holocaust got its name: because (half of) the bodies were burned, and cremation is extremely bad in Judaism. Even left-liberal Reform Jews don't do cremation.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Documents would have existed at al-shifa. We would hope that they were transferred with the babies, but it's not a guarantee.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

The trick to making a 5 mile sniper shot is to have another guy shoot from much closer while you make a big fuss about how good your sniping is.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we have more Abrams than the US military even wants. Israel otoh only has a few thousand armored vehicles of all kinds and can’t afford to be blowing every tank and apc that gets detracked or stuck in a ditch. this kind of thing doesn’t make any sense for a war of attrition.

Also the extent and target of demolition matters. C4 in the cockpit destroys the electronics & optics but leaves the powertrain & chassis intact. Bombing from the air completely fucks every aspect of the vehicle

Edit: I say completely fucks every aspect of the vehicle, but honestly the incompetence on display makes me wonder if the electronics would survive a half-assed airstrike. Destroy the exterior parts of the vehicle that are already known and leave the software capabilities ready to be reverse engineered

Speleothing has issued a correction as of 23:10 on Nov 20, 2023

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Isizzlehorn posted:

Countries are better off burying any discovered natural resources, you don't want the war that comes with it.

If you pretend to not have anything the CIA will just assume that you haven't been adequately surveyed yet and find a reason to invade so that US geologists can get in there and confirm.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Luceid posted:

what in god's name is wrong with this dude

In the first video I assumed he was drunk but then he comes back to do it again in the middle of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Equeen posted:

I never wanted to see someone’s skull cracked wide open as much as I want to see that done to this vile little freak.

I'm desperately hoping a good citizen comes along and puts his face onto the sidewalk