Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al-Saqr posted:

nah arab dictator governments hate arabs more than israelis do and theyre toed at the hip for survival, the only way to stop atab government normalization is to remove them from power, nothing more and nothing less. Until then theyre gonna suck israels dick dry to stay in power.

I can think of one arab dictator who won't be normalizing relations with Israel any time soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mcmagic posted:

Israel nuking Gaza is like New Jersey nuking Delaware.

No, it would be bad.

Weka
May 5, 2019

paul_soccer12 posted:

Free al saqr

They hate him because he's right

Weka
May 5, 2019

Poppers the ethnic cleansing dog is right. Settlers out.

Weka
May 5, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

A two-state solution: Fatah and Hamas

Wrong, no comprador state. My 2 state solution is this. Hamas and Big Hamas.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

Ahh yes Iran, the country trying to hang on for dear loving life to not have an internal revolution, masterminded one of the most successful Palestinian offenses against Israel in decades.

Iran has been backing a number of successful military actions in the region including Ansar Allah (houthis) and large parts of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Force that has been crucial to defeating ISIS. They have one of the strongest militaries in the region and the world.
Idk how involved they were but they certainly have the capability.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Lpzie posted:

yup. so was i.

Didn't realize the Cuban Clown College took foreign students.

really queer Christmas posted:

Death to the burger posters

Inshallah!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

"who must go?"

Does this mean you have finally seen the light and now support the most consistent enemy of zionism?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Nonsense posted:

Jordan's king has lost the people's mandate, they need only take it.

No idea if this is at all realistic but it would totally reshape the middle east. Here's hoping!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Starsfan posted:

i'm sure that's some goof video since this thread isn't in GBS, but I've learned to be cautious at posts like that with links..

This motherfucker has never seen the dancing baby!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Thanks FF and mdemone for the book recs.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

why is Celtics pronounced sell-ticks

is that the correct pronunciation???

It came into English from French so pronounced like you say with the soft C then more recently there was a movement to reflect it's Latin and ultimately Greek roots so it was changed to a hard C like a K in more academic discourse but the soft C has stuck around for sports fans and the like.

D2I

Weka
May 5, 2019

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

are these numbers real

Well in the area Israel claims as it's territory more people than that have died...

Weka
May 5, 2019

smarxist posted:

heh. *pulls rip chord on paraglider engine*

I always wanted to set up an engine as an instrument

Weka
May 5, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

Losing the ability to carry out the Samson Option obviously poses an even graver strategic risk.

I thought they had a nuclear triad?

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

O7 salute to a man of principles, free Al-Saqr and make him a mod of this thread.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Starsfan posted:

at this risk of being painted as a rube I know it looks bad with the way that the messaging is going in the public sphere (of course you had to expect this out of the US) but let us be clear if these loving "enlightened" western countries we would hope would know better like Canada or the UK or Germany were opposed to bombing Gaza they couldn't / wouldn't do poo poo about it anyways. It's much more important how the local regional powers view what is going on and countries with actual power to influence events like China and Russia. It's not clear to me that there won't be huge pushback against Israel coming down the pipe as they push forward with their genocide. We aren't really getting anything about what's going on behind the scenes to support Palestine beyond reports about Hezbollah + friends being willing to throw down if Israel actually moves forward into Gaza and phone calls between MBS and Erdogan.

The EU could kick Israel off SWIFT if it wanted to. There's plenty of things these countries could do, but they won't because they are all imperialist scum.

Weka
May 5, 2019

a helpful bear posted:

lmao this thread got someone so mad that they spent money on this banner

Seems unironic to me. Terrorism ftw.

Weka
May 5, 2019

So I was wondering, is there a credible source for a single dead Israeli baby?

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Edgelord Hyperbole like this is going wind up getting somebody hurt or on an FBI watchlist

You could've just said Free Palestine and left it at that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gonna actually explain this one for you. Free Palestine implies Death to Israel. There is no way to free Palestine without destroying the fascist state perched upon it's land and people.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Fighting Elegy posted:

What should I say to my very nice 85 year old Jewish grandma who supports Israel when I see her this weekend? I don't really know what's going on but I'm guessing Hamas did an attack on civilians and Israel responded by killing 100s or thousands of civilians with some flimsy justifications to suggest they weren't innocent? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly my grandma doesn't have that many years left so it doesn't really matter what she thinks any way, but she's usually a very smart nice lady who i love very much. I guess I'll just say "but come on, we know why Hamas is doing attack, there are reasons."

Take her out for the jihad day celebrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

mdemone posted:

hard to argue that Osama bin Laden changed the course of human events more than anyone since Hitler

what a loving time to be alive, god help us

You rube, how about Deng?

Weka
May 5, 2019

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

i
Evidently knowing that "Palestine" was a name coined by the Romans is supposed to be a gotcha for people defending Israel's "honor". It's very weird, like they think if you don't know that, you can't comment on any of Israel's history intelligently (I did happen to know that but don't see how it's relevant to anything).

Anyway...seems like the Day of Jihad is earlier year after year.

Not even true, it's originally from Hebrew then Greek and finally Latin. It has cognates in Akkadian and Egyptian. It just means land of the Philistines. Nobody knows what the Philistines called themselves but seeing as how everyone around them called them something similar maybe it was basically that.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

at most of the pro-Palestine demos in the US, an 85 year old Jewish woman would be the most popular person there

it be partly out of identity politics but still

she could maybe get free meals at a local arab restaurant for the next few months out it

Dang now I see finkelstein's grift

Weka
May 5, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

Well, more to the point, supposing it's an exonym, does it matter?

Like, a bunch of Polish Ashkenazis calling themselves Israelis does not make it a literal continuation of an Israelite polity.

Oh for sure. More just saying that in response to the 'if you don't know this you can't comment' position.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Telluric Whistler posted:

It's a part of the argument that Palestine does not exist as a state and Palestinians are not a real people - they're just Arabs broadly. If Palestine was a name given by outsiders and used to refer to an area that included both Jewish populations and the broad subset of Arab populations, then they also don't have any national identity let alone cultural traditions that could help identify them as a unique ethnic or cultural group.

The inevitable place it goes is that this person probably thinks Palestinians were and are savages who cannot govern themselves and are lucky to have had the guiding hand of colonial masters for the last several centuries.

Lol that's moronic, those people hadn't undergone Arabization 2000 years ago, before the Arab conquests.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

prickly pears aren't indigenous to Palestine either. Cactuses broadly are only native to the Americas, everywhere else they were introduced.

also, making the prickly pear a national symbol is stealing Mexican valor

Critical support for our boys in green

Weka
May 5, 2019

AxGrap posted:

Toothpaste has really fine abrasive and would get most of that shining. People often use it for jewelry.

I would simply use a polish designed for the appropriate metal, which will cost like 5 bucks tops. Silver?

Weka
May 5, 2019

PawParole posted:

I like the theory that Palestine doesn’t come from the Philistines, it’s actually a Greek translation of Israel (Palaistís)

Looked this up and I'm sold. Admittedly half because it's funny.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Popy posted:

wish i didnt have to work on jihad day

They say get a job you love and you will never work a day in your life. Jihadis stay winning.

Also I don't know if it came up but looks like slow mode is over, I've been making posts 2 mins apart.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Weka
May 5, 2019

PawParole posted:

Even European Jews are more closely related to Palestinians than they are to Russians however (besides Subbotniks and other converts).

That's quite different to genetically identical, which Ashkenazim most certainly are not. I doubt Sephardim are either, and that's most of Israeli Jewish ancestry.

Telluric Whistler posted:

Ethnonationalists tend to reach way back to build millennia old mythologies of the people who belong to the soil of a certain area because they're mostly trying to fit modern borders over some imagined grand cultural traditions. The key is that it's entirely synthetic, so you can ignore other historical facts or if challenged say "Ah but those were colonizers repressing the true culture" or "Those people were subjects of Byzantium" depending on your audience.

The selectivity around which facts and histories are valid are just about solving backwards from "Actually this land belongs to this group and anyone else on it is a guest at best."

I mean in the case of the Levant most people's genes are very similar to the people living there 3000 years ago.
Not that this stuff matters to how people should be treated today.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Al! posted:

as far as hamas goes they could behead 40 babies in the middle of times square and id still support them.

joe biden very obviously lying about them and then immediately walking it back is amazing not because anyone in us politics has integrity or principles, but because gotchaing your opponent in a lie is like the #1 easiest tool in the toolbox

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is not a compelling baby decapitation joke. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

What about this seems like a joke? Dang these people being genocided have done a bad thing in resistance to that genocide. Do you know who killed thousands of babies during WW2? That's right, the USSR, and they probably couldn't have defeated the nazis if they hadn't.
If Hamas killed 40 babies in times square they might be morally execrable and still 100x better than the state of Israel. When people say Taliban ftw, it doesn't mean the Taliban is morally pure, it means they are the best thing possible for the people of Afghanistan given the circumstances today.

tAl!iban ftw!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

i always imagined the babies heads were chopped off in like one slice, like they were in a row and they flew up in the air and the hamas swordsman caught them all on the flat of his blade. i absolutely would be killed in a single exchange if i crossed blades with such a warrior

Correct. A single baby would easily defeat you, with or without it's head.

new kind of cat posted:

here comes hootibgton the porky pig motherfuckr with nothing constructive to add, just a natural born insufferable poo poo stirrer

Weka
May 5, 2019

Ardennes posted:

The last election had 48% turnout which isn't really different than a lot of countries. There are obviously anti-regime supporters, but in all honesty, it really doesn't seem to be the majority.

Yeah but down from 73% in the one prior, that's a big change in 4 years.

Weka
May 5, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

We would never say the n-word

There's been a multi day discussion about the n-word in this very thread!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Ardennes posted:

As far as ground troops/a draft, I think people forgot, or don't know, that the US has given a massive amount of munitions to the Ukrainians as well as assorted equipment, and the US Army specifically is years away from being prepared to fight a war. Literally, the draftees wouldn't have anything to fight with beyond some busted Humvees and rifles. Most of those Abrams tanks in the desert have been stripped down to a hull, and shell production in the US is still small-scale.

It is why the US (as well as Israel) is trying to make this all about an air war because that is what the US has.

Was it 2/3rds of USA army infantry units aren't even motorized

Weka
May 5, 2019

Nuclear

Weka
May 5, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

boy, do I have news for you about the young bucks who came back from vietnam opposed to the war, ran for congress on that, and never left.

Yeah, if America has a revolution it almost certainly will be fascist.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1713359606934864156

Apparently the US has eleven carrier groups now, might as well send another couple while we're at it

I believe this will be the third deployed. Maintenance appears not to be going well.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

They deployed a fourth out of CA today as well, apparently unannounced

Do you have a source mate? Or what carrier?

Weka
May 5, 2019

mcmagic posted:

I mean gently caress this guy but no one should be fired for shitposting imo. Many times as many people are going to be fired for expressing the correct opinion supporting palentinians.

Imo it's good to fire fascists from teaching positions. If he was a mechanic or something then you would be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

Did not know Pete Davidson's dad was a 9-11 hijacker