Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Marenghi posted:

The Irishman who moved to Israel in the 90s to live on stolen land was recently interviewed again by Israeli news.

While his daughter holds his hand he tells the news that he had accepted she may die by Israeli bombs or friendly fire. But that was a consequence he was prepared to accept for the destruction of Hamas.https://x.com/QudsNen/status/1753923423707816131?s=20

That poor child. First she has to find out he cheered when he first heard she died. Now she has to listen to him talk about accepting her death by the IDF was a small price to pay for the defeat of Hamas.

They'll be no peace until Zionists love their children more than they hate Hamas.

That guy is really wrong. We had him all over the media here alternately crying over his daughter's death and celebrating her death. Then she was released and he didn't even seem happy, just more angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Pookah posted:

He also told the papers about how his family owned a pub in Dun Laoghaire called "Hand's", and that there was a greengrocers next door called "Foots". Businesses that no-one from the town can remember ever having existed.

I don't remember either but I'm a lot younger than him. Then again I think he went to England young too?

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I've been painting Palestinian flags on my nails lately because it feels like a small piece of solidarity. I've gotten a few weird looks and one compliment that seemed politically clueless.

Yesterday I was cashing out at the ski store and the older hippy lady running it said (of my destroyed not still very recognizable flags) "that's really cool but it looks like you better go home and redo those!"

If this is too burger I'll eat my six. If it's not, I'll post pictures when I re do them
Ohhh, how do you do it? I was doing alternate black and green with a dab of red (and my white skin) but I'd love advice on how to do it properly.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

fizziester posted:

Source: Ukrainska Pravda

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/02/5/7440503/

Britain can defend itself against Russia – UK PM
EUROPEAN PRAVDA, UKRAINSKA PRAVDA — MONDAY, 5 FEBRUARY 2024, 19:16

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has said that his country is prepared for possible aggression from Russia.

Source:

Sunak in an interview with Sky News host Piers Morgan, reported by European Pravda

Details:

When asked whether the UK is ready to properly defend itself if Russia attacks it, Sunak replied: "Yes."

"One of my first jobs is to keep everybody safe. And unfortunately, you know, the world is becoming less safe. And we can see that obviously with the situation in Russia and Ukraine. But most recently, we’ve been seeing it in the Red Sea," Sunak added.

Sunak reminded his audience that as Chancellor of the Exchequer (2020-2022), he had increased funding for the Ministry of Defence to its highest level since the Cold War, and it was up to the armed forces to decide how to allocate this investment to best protect itself.

"But in general, do I think we are well-protected and well-invested? Yes. We are the second biggest defence spender in NATO. We have been for a decade. I mean, as you can see from what we’ve done in Ukraine, we will stand up for the things that we believe in. We won’t let aggression go unchecked and unpunished," he pointed out.
lol yep, the UK are so well-protected and well-invested they're begging Ireland to join their little NATO war party again:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/04/russia-china-iran-could-target-uk-irish-backdoor-thinktank-warns

quote:

Britain faces a “backdoor” threat to its security from a Russian, Chinese and Iranian presence in the Republic of Ireland, according to a report by an influential thinktank that accuses Dublin of “freeloading” when it comes to European defence.

The UK should also expand its air and naval presence in Northern Ireland, to counter a growing Russian threat on the UK’s western flank, according to the Policy Exchange report, which is backed by two former defence secretaries, Michael Fallon and George Robertson.

The UK and Ireland are at risk from an “acute maritime menace” posed by a Russian doctrine of targeting undersea networks and pipelines and the presence of Russian warships, they say in a foreword to the paper.

Concerns about Russian intelligence operations in Ireland and its vulnerability to cyber-attack are also highlighted in the report, which cites what it describes as an “inordinately large Russian diplomatic outfit in Dublin”.

The embassy had 30 members of staff in 2022, which was more than many other European states with which Russia had closer ties at the time.

Other evidence cited included Russian attempts to expand the embassy significantly, a move blocked in 2020 when the Irish government revoked planning permission on the grounds it was “likely to be harmful to the security and defence of the state”.

China is another significant concern due to its rapid technological advancements and global influence.

Meanwhile Ken McCallum, the director general of MI5, has said Iran stands out as the state that “most frequently crosses into terrorism”. UK authorities uncovered at least 10 potential threats last year related to kidnapping or harming UK-based individuals perceived as enemies of the Iranian regime.

It was an “unavoidable fact” that Ireland had “freeloaded” off the investment of others who were part of Nato, said the report, which added that this “home truth” had been admitted last year by the then taoiseach, Micheál Martin, as a discussion about Irish neutrality deepened.

Discussions about neutrality among Ireland’s political classes have sharpened in the era of Russian aggression under Vladimir Putin, the arrival of Ukrainian refugees, incursions by Russian ships that are suspected of mapping underwater cables, and a 2021 ransomware attack by suspected Russian gangs on the health service.

Ireland’s president has rebuked the government for launching a debate about the country’s longstanding military neutrality and the possibility of joining Nato, saying ministers were “playing with fire”.

The report tried to sound an alarm bell about the consequences of Sinn Féin winning Irish elections in 2025.

“If Sinn Féin wins in 2025, the UK is therefore looking at many more years of an uncooperative, and likely hostile, neighbour in the face of growing external threats,” it said. While Sinn Féin had been on the rise in the Republic and now holds the post of first minister in Northern Ireland, it has slumped in polls south of the border.

Fallon and Lord Robertson, a former Nato secretary general, welcomed the fact that Ireland had been reviewing its defence outlook – as Sweden and Finland have also moved away from neutrality – and called on the UK to encourage its neighbour to strengthen defences and build on a UK-Ireland defence agreement signed in 2015.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel just admitted that they will need another YEAR OR TWO to defeat Hamas's rocket launching capabilities. they should just surrender and shoot themselves.

=======================================

Israeli Army Radio reported that the army is still far from achieving its goal of eliminating Hamas’s missile capabilities, and that this mission requires, according to estimates, between one and two years.

Because many missile launchers are buried underground in a way that makes it difficult for army soldiers to find them; She added that estimates indicate that Hamas still has about a thousand rockets so far. Israeli Army Radio said that the missile Israeli Army Radio reported that the army is still far from achieving its goal of eliminating Hamas’s missile capabilities, and that this mission requires, according to estimates, between one and two years.

Because many missile launchers are buried underground in a way that makes it difficult for army soldiers to find them; She added that estimates indicate that Hamas still has about a thousand rockets so far. Israeli Army Radio said that the missile batch that targeted the city of Tel Aviv last week was launched from launch pads that were only dozens of meters away from Israeli army forces. The radio added that a cell affiliated with the Islamic Jihad movement is still operating in the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood in Gaza City, and has a store of missiles there, and was responsible for a large part of the shooting operations in the area during the past weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_2IRU6Drk
It was six months last week. By the time two years are up it will be 102-204 years.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's 2024. It's time for the prophesized Ireland unification. Let's go.

Just put sea mines between Ireland and England to cut off communication with those weirdos.
lmao they complain we don't spend enough on defence

never get around to explaining why we don't, because it has always been convenient for them insist we don't have a standing army

FAFO in action

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Cabbages and Kings posted:

black/white/green stripes down the length, leaving a space for a triangle, let each color dry completely. Red triangle on top.

Wait a day, clean up cuticles, re-do it all to have better edge definition etc. Using fancy revlon poo poo that's probably giving me cancer,.

The first time I did it, looked pretty lovely and I didn't really have a correct shade of green.

It's a way to kill time on zoom meetings, for sure. And yes my hands always look that hosed up all winter, lots of borderline frostbite and hauling firewood, and possibly blooming arthrhitis.

Class!

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

HazCat posted:

Alternative method if you want nice straight lines and don't mind it being a bit more fiddly:

1. Paint nail white and let dry (or skip)
2. Find tape that is (or cut tape to be) ~1/3rd the width of your nails. Lay tape down the center of each nail to mask the white)
3. Paint black and green on each side of the tape.
4. Remove tape and let black+green dry
5. Lay two strips of tape diagonally over nail, leaving a triangle at the cuticle
6. Paint red in the space left by the tape
7. Remove, let dry
8. Clear coat to preserve all that effort!

Tip for this method: use a very opaque red or else the black and green will show through.

Thanks! Will try this soon!

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

mcmagic posted:

The constant lying is a power thing. Look at the bullshit we can say, we both know it's bullshit, and there is nothing you can do about it. Like cops in the US.
That's why they hate Ireland so much. We're a small country and our government is beholden to the bigger European countries, but our population doesn't buy their bullshit. Hence why they're obsessed with us.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Every accusation is an admission etc

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Marenghi posted:

I was buying a lunch box for work and they were hard to find in shops. One big brand store I went to said they used to have loads but deliveries have been sporadic lately. Apparently the Red Sea blockade is causing major delays to a lot of products.

I guess this is what it feels like living under sanctions. Thank you Ansar-Allah, keep the sanctions up until the West is forced to fold and stop supporting a genocide.
So this is mainly going to affect take away restaurants. Mr Al-Houthi, you've gone too far this time.

hmhb fan has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Mar 4, 2024

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

netizen posted:

Remember when that guy lit himself on fire? Crazy.

Are we still talking about the German boat?

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Gotta safeguard them stroopwaffle imports

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Jakabite posted:

I’ve particularly enjoyed watching that Kalit guy twist themself in ever more complicated knots as they run the most un-subtle both sides Hasbara I’ve ever seen. yesterday they were making up a scenario where Joe Biden really did believe a ceasefire was incoming but then loads of really unlikely stuff happened and he’d NEVER lie he’s our president-san.

how much do eurogoons see support for Israel in their daily life, out of interest? because I (northern England) haven’t seen a single bit of Israeli support since October 7th in real life which is very nice I gotta say.

sorry, misread

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Egg Moron posted:

it's paywalled but the discourse around haredim seems like it is getting more hosed, or it is always this hosed, i dunno, just a burger boy out here trying to post

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/202...ae-3eed14060000

quote:

The second argument that Yosef gives for the draft evasion is also funny. He says the Haredim are Levites, who are exempt from military service. Apparently he has knowledge of ancestry and race research.

Always a good sign you're winning the argument when you dismiss the scholarly merit of your opponent's "race research"

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I suppose this is the sticking point for me. Has anyone read The Holocaust Averted: An Alternate History of American Jewry, 1938-1967? I've been meaning to, and it seems pretty relevant. Let me preface by saying this was a very well reviewed book. I say that, because as I write this post, it seems loving crazy. I cannot imagine just coming out and saying some of the things the author does and nobody batting an eye:

What troubles me is the assumption that the popularity of Zionism is related to the vibrancy of Jewish communities in the diaspora. I'm more troubled that the murder of millions of Jews was worth it for the "acceptance and empowerment" of American Jews.

Some of the passages found at the end of chapters, titled What Really Happened, stating whatever lesson was supposed to be learned through the counterfactual are pretty disturbing. For instance, imagining a Six Day War where the US does not provide military aid for Israel and so the Egyptians and Syrians are able to hold on to Gaza, Jerusalem, the West Bank, Sinai and Golan, the author says:

If the premise of the book is that the Holocaust needed to happen for these outcomes... I mean, Christ. It's like an admission that absent the Holocaust the bolded parts are, to put it mildly, pretty hosed up in a variety of ways.

I saved the best for last, and I am genuinely struggling here:

:psyduck:

I'm sorry, but it seems like he's saying the Holocaust was good - like seriously, it was a good thing - because it allowed the US Jewish community to lobby for Israel and to - again, I apologize, but what else can you say? - practice dual loyalty without being accused of it. That's his takeaway of the Holocaust?

He's also pretty loving disturbingly opposed to Jewish people actually becoming American. If dual loyalty is an antisemitic trope, I don't know how to square his disgust at Jewish Americans who are actually American. It appears throughout, from a quick skim, not just those passages. I skipped over the long sections praising the Jewish "refugees" from the USSR, but his praise for them seems to focus on two things: they hated communism, and they rejected mixing with the American population or adopting any American culture. That's pretty hosed up.

I don't know how representative this book is, but as I said it was very well reviewed, and if it represents even a small part of the Zionist ideology, it's some absolute sicko poo poo.

:psypop:

Imagine writing a book where the Holocaust never happened and describing it as dark and dystopian.
Those quotes are some of the burger stuff imaginable. There's no real conception that preventing the holocaust would have stopped millions of people being murdered. It's just "but how would that affect America and specifically me?"

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Grem posted:

And his mom was like "hmm I think this means we should fight until everyone else's sons are dead, too"

Surely she will just thank Hamas for protecting her son

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

bobtheconqueror posted:

Edit: I remember somebody in the Israeli government specifically proposing that they split up the Palestinians into small groups and send them all over the world in order to reduce the potential backlash like they'd see if they just did another Nakba.

It's also just clearly nonsensical. Like, it would be a stupid conspiracy theory if Israel weren't a genocidal ethno-state, but they are, so we have these stupid rear end ideas that are entirely too reminiscent of German plans to deport Jewish people prior to the Holocaust.
Or the way US "abolitionists" pioneered the formation of Liberia. Because, yes, African-Americans can be emancipated but also you have to go where I never have to look at you. And then threw a tantrum when Liberia fulfilled the "American dream" and declared independence lmao

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Sancho Banana posted:

"After tens of thousands of hours of rigorous, methodical research by Yemen's most brilliant political and scientific minds, the Houthis have admitted defeat in their search for an answer to a question that has eluded them for years. With regards to this news, Ansar Allah's spokesperson made the following comment:

'We have no idea why Americans don't have healthcare. We've tried to figure it out, but the mystery will remain unsolved.'"

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Raskolnikov38 posted:

goddamn does zenz look like young Jim cornette

Same tennis racket and all

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

stephenthinkpad posted:

Hey thread, got my Bushnell canvas poster.

Got any suggestions for an Ansah Allah poster? Something that says go go go ansah allah.

I'm fascinated by this array of electronic devices

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Pookah posted:

So it's just been reported that a suspicious package was sent to the Israeli embassy in Dublin last week - white powder + threatening images. It's been analyzed and the powder is just sugar, plus the imagery it came with is...hmm

:thunk:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/israel-hamas/death-threat-and-white-powder-sent-to-israeli-ambassador-in-dublin-1605055.html

Did they find a recording of the sugar speaking arabic?

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Maya Fey posted:

definitely make sure the democrats do not suffer any consequences whatsoever for embracing a genocide
Don't be so cynical. Rewards count as consequences.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

CheetoVonTito posted:

Honestly kinda bummed Hamas didn’t put their Ghoul sniper rifles to use here

https://x.com/bonsaisky/status/1771571592281170416?s=46
What's with the gopro poo poo? They're standing in a small circle because they're useless at football, you can just film that on your phone and it doesn't look like you're on a space station.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Best Friends posted:

I’ve got bad news about the global liberal order and their stance on employing fascist doctors who did crimes against humanity

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Sancho Banana posted:

Netanyahu seems to have spread straight up disinformation about how the resolution doesn't demand the release of hostages and some Israeli outlets reported it like that, for example this:

"The US didn't veto: a UN resolution has been passed calling for an immediate ceasefire without the condition to release hostages, Netanyahu promised - the Israeli delegation to Washington will be canceled"

https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1772272845470445673?t=t0lcmofD3cKse11iRFPemQ&s=19

which I guess explains why some people are mad at it, but I don't get why Netanyahu would do that? What's the deal here lol
When Netanyahu says "hostages" he only means Israeli ones. He doesn't regard Palestinians as hostages because he would have to regard them as human first. But the resolution had to specify only Israeli hostages for him to take it to his cabinet so he's fuming as this will undermine him whatever he does.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024
That has got to be an op.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

PawParole posted:

what rhymes with Egypt and Jordan I want to have a chant ready in case their people end up overthrowing their criminal governments and they help Palestinians.

“Egypt Egypt don’t be whipped”.

“Egypt Egypt Stay on script”

“Jordan Jordan— what rhymes with Jordan?

Jordan Jordan don't be weak son
Don't be like Jordan Peterson

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

drat the israelis are gonna make hamburgers for eid wow how will islam ever recover

A lot of confusion now among their Hindu superfans

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

ireland formally joining south africas case against israel

=====

Foreign Affairs of Ireland: We will join South Africa against Israel

Irish Foreign Minister Michael Martin:

We will join the case of South Africa against Israel before international justice under the Genocide Convention.

We will coordinate with partner countries that have confirmed their intention to also join the case of South Africa against Israel.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31601;&%231581;

This is welcome but I wouldn't believe it for a second. Ireland has always been all bark and no bite. And there's more context because the taoiseach (prime minister equivalent) resigned last week and they know there is an election coming and they can't keep going against what the people have been advocating for decades. The majority of Irish people want freedom for Palestine but the government have blocked it every step of the way. Now they're in trouble and they're changing their tune cynically.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024
If I never see, hear or read about that Destiny dweeb for the rest of my life I will still have suffered an injustice.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Orbs posted:

Look at how everyone blindly trusts soldiers and thanks them for their service

Larry David doesn't. He's also solid on Palestine.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Zedhe Khoja posted:

hey man estonian food can't be that ba-

e: when aspic makes the top of your "great cuisine" list somethings gone horribly wrong in your society
lmao I was vegan when I was in Estonia and usually when you go abroad you're like "drat, there's very little choice"

In Estonia I was like "drat, I'm glad there's very little choice"

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

OctaMurk posted:

How did Israel manage to make themseleves so important to western leaders? To the point that America, Germany etc are passing laws that you have to be loyal to Israel (Anti BDS laws etc)
Israel didn't. It's all narcissism from the genocide countries. It makes Germany, France, the US, Britain, whoever, feel better about their efforts to eradicate Jewish people from the earth.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Leandros posted:

Explains why that dick praising his daughter's supposed death got her back so quickly

Never forget that dick is pretend Irish and Irish people hate him.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Flournival Dixon posted:

It really does make the Catholic Church look pretty pathetic that they haven't excommunicated him.

He does still pretend to be Irish even though we have excommunicated him.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Sancho Banana posted:

Overall, 28 different Israeli embassies have been temporarily closed out of fear of an Iranian attack.

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1776120526089404426?t=g_yawNhfvrWrnqcWu868kA&s=19

E: caught up now and what the gently caress was that bullshit rear end ban lol change the thread title

It's weird how Ireland is the most antisemitic country in the world but the Israeli embassy is still open. You'd think it would be the most dangerous place to have an embassy. Curious.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

There's going to be a state where Arabs and Jews are equal compatriots and there's nothing Israel can do about it

That's not true, they can stamp their feet before jerking off a corpse

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

VoicesCanBe posted:

Refaat was a wonderful writer. gently caress these assholes saying his poem "glorified" martyrdom, loving cretins.
Kind of like how somebody with terminal cancer writing a poem about their life and death is "glorifying terminal cancer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Spergin Morlock posted:

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I can't think of the name of any Israeli actor/actress other than gal gadot, or an Israeli band other than infected mushroom. the correlation between having artistic talent and being in the diaspora rather than in Israel seems incredibly high

edit: added a word so it would make sense
I'd you like metal, Orphaned Land are good and (by Israeli standards) have at times been supportive of Palestinian freedom but I know there's problematic Zio stuff about them too