Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
THAT... are my drat balls OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I don't think they'll be adding mastery levels. Unless they're going to somehow mix up level specific unlocks between the main mission and a temporary bonus mission.

Edit: reading back what you said maybe that's not what you're getting at. But still!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

IOI Patch Notes posted:

Simulation Separation
In the release notes for our previous update, we included a new option called "Simulation Quality." In this update, we've split this option into two; Graphical Simulation and Audio Simulation, allowing players to take advantage of the audio improvements but without affecting their GFX performance.

This isn't strictly true - there's a few new graphical options, but the 'Simulation Quality' remains in the options. I'm assuming that it only effects audio simulation now despite not outright saying that.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Grapplejack posted:

If I buy the Hitman 2016 goty dlc (the patient zero one) do I automatically get it for Hitman 2? I want to play patient zero, I haven't done it before.

If you're on Steam, yes. Think it has to actually be on your harddrive for consoles.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
On the one hand I would say play with whatever makes you happy in terms of gameplay features. On the other, people who play with the minimap, instinct, detection meters all turned off are insane. The game is designed around those!

Obviously turn off UI bloat such as the save and difficulty icons though - I don't even know why they exist.

Fake edit: now that I've typed that, I imagine the difficulty one is there purely for streamers.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Discendo Vox posted:

Bear in mind that some of the unlockable costumes have hidden, unique idle animations.

I'm a fan of 47's brief flash while in the Hokkaido suit.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Welp, first failed ET of Hitman 2 (even if it was originally a 2016 target).

Got fed up of trying to cheese it after 5 or so attempts at throwing the same guy over a railing, so I decided to hunt for evidence properly. Found that it was the guy having rhinoplasty, who was mostly hanging around the springs. Removed most of the other patients from the area by adjusting the temperature. The target moved towards the spring itself, so I shot him while he was stood behind a wall. As I was moving the body, someone saw me - attempted to run and gun out, changed disguises twice but wasn't successful either time and died nearish the cable car.

Hopefully they'll run another Hokkaido ET at some point so I can get my bathrobe.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

where the red fern gropes posted:

couldn't you just run down the slope and exit via snowmobile?

My knowledge of the level went out of the window in favour of panic when things turned south.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Got the elusive target done before it expired: had a perfect SA run going up until I randomly got a 'non-target killed' message just before exiting the level :mad:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

where the red fern gropes posted:

i don't recall any patch notes saying that that's changed, so you need his photo to make sure you pick him otherwise you'll fail the challenge

To get the challenge where you shave everyone, don't you need to shave the Maelstrom successfully (IE don't kill him)? I haven't ticked this one off yet, as the one time I tried, I also killed him after shaving him and the challenge didn't pop. I stuck around to shave more people but it never happened, so I assumed you needed to be a non murderous barber.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

CharlestonJew posted:

I wonder if he'll have new dialogue or if it'll just be the exact same mission with a different unlock

It's an entirely new mission.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Now that I've got the two SA ET suits, I had fun letting off steam by rushing into the meeting room guns blazing this time.

Got a bit lost on the way and murdered some guards who I didn't need to. And some scientists. And that one tourist.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I've been having a lot more fun with ETs now that I've got my final SA suit. Completely screwed up dropping the chandelier on the guru and comically missed a headshot while peaking around the corner only to smash a window behind him. Second landed and I ran out unseen while everyone was freaking out.

Going for SA is fine as a challenge now and then but I prefer salvaging screwups in this game, as also in my life.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Discendo Vox posted:

Way to go!

...I'm disappointed no one commented on my Office Space escalation.

Separately, it does appear clear that the cameras system is not working well. At a minimum, it's causing a degree of confusion such that its underlying systems are not well communicated (especially for the degree of effect they have on players).

If the SA breaking is from guards watching through the cameras, you'd think this would be easily communicated via one of the pop up windows showing a guard watching through the cameras. Should be relatively easy to patch in.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Elendil004 posted:

I am so disappointed the new "Prison" map is another dumbass sniper garbage level.

To be fair they've always said it was going to be. It's not a surprise announcement.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I only recently watched any of the noclip docs, so just the Hitman and Doom ones so far. The interview bits are interesting enough, but is the presenter loading in as many clichés as possible on purpose? He's literally doing the "Oh, hello! Didn't see you there!" maneuver while leafing through a concept art book.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Dabir posted:

Getting rid of those enforcers is easy, they're the closest two to the garage so you can just coin them in and take them out.

I didn't even bother to knock them out. I grabbed the server outfit from the muffin stand previously, ran into the house, hid by the wall going into the kitchen and tossed a coin into the far corner. That gave me just enough time to poison the drink before they turned back around.

Is there a site that has all of the unlockables and their requirements? I've not played for about half a year and it looks like there's lots of new stuff outside of the obvious DLC mastery levels to go for.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Make it so you carry over your unlocks from previous entries but can only use them when mastery level 20 has been achieved on all levels.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Zedd posted:

I'd sign up for this, I have all mastery 20 anyway. :shepface:

I meant in the future levels natch. I assume everyone has mastery 20 in the existing ones who still posts in this thread.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

poverty goat posted:

It's amazing to me that they paid for sean bean and have only let people see the content for a week or two since the game came out

Also it seems weird that it felt like he was set up as a recurring ET who would appear on all of the maps eventually - he was the undying for chrrissakes. I guess that initial sales weren't good enough to justify the effort or something.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

WarEternal posted:

So this is finally on sale when I'm paying attention...

If I haven't played the game at all I want Hitman GOTY and Hitman 2, yeah? What's in the "gold edition" of Hitman 2? is it worth the $12 extra from the standard edition or is it just a bunch of side stuff? Sorry, I know this dumbfuck question has probably been asked a hundred times.

Incase you don't know as well, once you have both 1 & 2 only load up 2. It'll detect the previous game and load the remastered levels the sequel.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Mierenneuker posted:

Okay, I could have worded that better. When you push her, does she fall in a way that it looks like she's going to hit a person right underneath her?

For this screenshot I pushed her from an angle at her right side and yet she still ragdolled towards her right on the way down. She always does. It's a video game, but that is not the direction you'd expect her to tilt when falling.

It's obvious that it's setup in a way that I always kill Viktor, but the physics never convince me that Dalia actually hit him.

This screenshot makes me wish that Hitman had the same bug as Yakuza Kiwami 2 where high frame rates lead to wacky physics. If you're over 60fps on the PC version, ragdolls go flying down the street from your punches and kicks.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
What a thing to wake up to.

Jack Trades posted:

Kind of wish they did the episodic format again. I thought that fit the game perfectly.

Agreed. Even though H2 was pretty much an improvement across the board, I felt I got to know the levels and got more out of them in H1 because of the release structure.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Mierenneuker posted:

I doubt they will once pursue a business model that has "completely failed". (starts at 15:21, has talk about the release strategy before that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_stW6JvB4SI&t=921s

Oh yeah, I don't expect them to return to it at all, I just preferred it.

I felt like the model was shot down by very loud moaning by people who hadn't given it a chance which doubtless impacted their sales.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Actually the canon 47 is the one dropping rubber sharks on heads and shooting planes with antique cannons.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Freedom Fighters is better than Club 27. The two buildings of the hotel being so disconnected and impermeable feels opposed to what's best about the Hitman reboot levels.

Colorado's whole thing is that it's flat obviously, but at least you can beeline from one area to the next.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Jack Trades posted:

Colorado is easily the worst level in the reboot.

I'll fight you

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Well, I was feeling ambivalent about Hitman 3 being exclusive to Epic for a year and planned to get it anyway. I recently logged on to the launcher to get Enter The Gungeon for free and all the other free games I've picked up over the last year are missing. Googling around, it's apparent this has been an issue for years now and clearly isn't fixed.

I'll probably wait for Steam.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

repiv posted:

All of the EGS deals to date have been temporary, usually 12 months but sometimes less

The only games you need to be concerned about being exclusive forever are the ones Epic themselves are publishing, they are publishing Remedy, Playdead and genDESIGNs next games

We don't know for sure if published games are forever exclusives but I think it's pretty likely

Remedy's Control went live on Steam today, so there's hope that they're completely raising the drawbridge.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
The GOG launcher also has a pretty great integration feature for pretty much every other storefront, so you can launch their games through GOG. Gets around the Epic launcher being terrible (though you still need it to be installed unfortunately).

The only thing negative I can think about GOG is that their twitter used to send out pretty chuddy messages. Not sure if it's happened recently.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Zaphod, when you're having a tedious loving slapfight in every single thread you're in, have you thought about what might be the one mutual element in all of them?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

HelixFox posted:

For what it's worth, IO explicitly said the deal with Epic is what helped them self-publish this one:

Source: https://www.essentiallysports.com/hitman-3-to-be-an-epic-games-store-exclusive-for-a-year-esports-news/

That's interesting - are PC sales that much of a deal for Hitman? I always assumed that console editions dwarfed them for pretty much any major title.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Considering how leery people are about using the Epic client, it's surprising that there's no concrete detail out there from IOI on moving your HM1 and 2 progress over from Steam to soothe concerns.

I know they've confirmed it'll be possible, but my experiences with Epic in the past (most notably, my account removing all of the free games I had picked up for over a week) don't fill me with confidence on how smooth it'll be.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Zaphod42 posted:

What are you expecting exactly? For IO to come out and say "Hey we know Epic sucks but we promise this will work" ??? :confused:

They can't say that. Lmao. They've already said it will work. That's all there is ever going to be said.

Yes, I'm saying that IO should say that Epic sucks and not the standard sort of preparation guide you normally get when moving a profile across platforms, as with Destiny 2 recently. You got me.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
So I've added Hitman 1 to my IOI account by downloading just the Paris chunk and running that.

Does anyone see the GotY versions in their IOI account or is this all we can see at this point? I assume the old DLC stuff is getting carried over to HM3.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Hey, all I did was post some thoughts on how it felt like things should be clearer on transfering progress over to HM3. :v:

Of course, I spend about a year away from the thread and immediately step into a Zaphod slap fight. I wonder if they're like this in real life

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I was drunk and went overboard with my comments, but my biggest gripe on master difficulty is just how quick the suspicion meter fills. It makes certain areas, like the underground lab in Sapienza, way more annoying than they need to be, imo.

The virus has a number of ways of taking it out where you don't have to even enter the lab. Try shooting the stalectite above it, for example. There's even a way to take it out immediately from a starting point.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm going to transfer over and then hopefully show some self-refuckingstraint for once in my life and stick to default loadouts for the first few runs of each level.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Forgot to put my new IO password from last week into my keypass and now I've been stuck at the reset password screen for 40 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351907620769177608

At least they're communicating about all this. They're handling it well so far.

saber45 posted:

Wow, thats an expensive entry point to play the older levels with more shiny graphics.

If you own the old games on the same platform though they're a free update. I believe HM2 levels on PC are still incoming.