Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RandomBlue posted:

My problem is with this specific sign.
There are nonbinary/nonconforming folks with disabilities you know.

Not that that is the point of the sign, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kenlon posted:

Watching people who should know better treat the letter as if it was the full Mueller report is a trip.
Man, i'm just loving tired. I just want a pony and a clean "its bad" and not to have to quibble over how a poo poo like Barr shouldn't have come 12 city blocks from the position he's in and gently caress.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man the goddamn thread title was eerily prescient wasnt it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

skylined! posted:

Didn’t see this posted. These house sessions are going to be spicy.
Ugh. Can't wait to hear Gym man whine endlessly while, like, AOC or Omar or someone gets 4 minutes of actual work into a 4 hour long jerkoff session.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Asema posted:

that is 100% because of the Onion because the dumb "maverick" personality he had before hand was terrible.
Onion literally had a "Biden dusts off badass Harley ahead of primary season" a week ago

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Herstory Begins Now posted:

There's also the likely chance that keeping it suppressed for this long is going to backfire as it looks guilty af.
I made the mistake of switching on the afternoon news and it was nothing but "No collusion! Totally exonerated! MAGA!" And a dumb headline about the report totally clearing everything no collusion ever.

So the media's already doing their best to fix the narrative. We get the report in a week, month, whatever and everyone will already say "oh that one said he did nothing wrong! :downsgun:"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Starr Report was a loving bound tome, the council wrote it like it was a bad mystery/romance novel and everyone sunk their teeth into that poo poo.

This gets a reader's digest version based on some publisher's back jacket jerkoff text.

:haw:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If Nixon had Fox News everyone would agree that his creepy recordings were confidential and only commies would allow secret US strategy to be aired out in the open for our enemies. :patriot:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
loving hell that's awesome

:eyepop:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheScott2K posted:

Yeah, I know, it's just...Bill Clinton knew his rear end was caught. They had the intern he cheated with, in the White House. And he's still just "I did not. Have. Sexual..."
That quote was bad, but it's not like he knew how aggrieved Linda loving Tripp was or how Ken Starr was fishing for any drat thing outside of Whitewater.
Gore didnt have the charisma or presence to drive the party had Clinton stepped down, and I can only imagine the raging hate-on Newt would have had after pulling that poo poo off.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Piell posted:

Before. The definition was established and Clinton was definitely doing a "well technically her lips touched my dick which doesn't fit the definition."
That all was theatrics to finesse the (deposition?) because he and his lawyers agreed to strict timing. So all the getting water and quibbling was just to run down the clock.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bicyclops posted:

The Governor of Puerto Rico was demanding that 2020 Dems grant Puerto Rico statehood as recently as February.
I would love her to be a senator.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

i am harry posted:

Statistically, everyone who came into the job market during that time is feeling it and will feel it for their entire lives.
Personally speaking I took whatever job I could get, then got a slightly higher (2 bux lol) paying job later that I've just nestled into. The idea that you come into a job as a fresh faced newbie and just rise up is so foreign to me it might as well be moon fiction.

I was at a retreat once and a career architect said he hadn't had a steady job in almost 4 years (roughly 2012 at that point) so in the span of about 5 seconds I went from "oh everyone was affected" to "lol i'm boned for life since I don't have 10+ years of experience :yeshaha:"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Want the report to come out and land Don Jr in jail.

The headlines should then read

"No, COLLUSION!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Seems pretty well outfitted for a bomb shelter.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Minenfeld! posted:

Treadmill shrimp sound cool and useful.

Remember when Gov Voldemort killed mosquito tracking in Florida right as Zika scared us shitless?

Or when Jindal made fun if Volcano Reporting and then there was a flare-up weeks later.

loving idiots.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

wow, lot of crimes in here

just, like, a shitload of fraud
That's all basically what Cohen said earlier.

Trump's such a fan of inflating worthless poo poo that he probably owns a swedish penis pump.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

InsertPotPun posted:

I'm reading through it. Jones can't remember anything he's ever said and everything is a conspiracy against him. It's like nailing Jello to a tree.
It effectively corrodes his cretinous influence for the mainstream since anyone can see he just puts this crap on as an act.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

InsertPotPun posted:

It's kind of baffling how easy it is to confuse and incapacitate Alex Jones.

Edit: his entire defense is "I just report on what other people are saying". It's not his fault he was saying wrong stuff: he was just repeating what others said. Like how you wouldn't arrest someone for just transporting drugs.
He's just doing that to muddy the waters and get his dumb falsehood on record.

He also said he super researched things independently so that's not much of a defense.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mendrian posted:

I know married people with children and still voluntarily hang out with them. Where does this idea come from that you "can't " be part of a friend's life once they're married?
It's more that the married and childed have different schedules and obligations.

I had a coworker that was throwing a birthday party and went from excited to 0 interest when their invite email said "Drinks and Dinner @ 8, bar 1 at 10 followed by Karaoke and..."

Dude, I have a toddler. I'm usually In Bed by 8.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Foreign governments hacking private citizens and corporations due to unfavorable coverage or journalism is a tad by cyberpunk for us.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Early 2000s I was getting over a bad breakup and listening to Tom loving Leykis for entertainment and even as a dumb-as-rocks angsty young adult I sure as all loving hell knew the poo poo that dude was spewing was a load of horseshit.

That extremely online people now just give up and turn into hideous hellbeasts is so goddamn depressing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Asema posted:

there's a couple spoiled codebros in my office that golf and that's all I know and it seems more from what they did with their very rich family than their age though tbh
Golf is a very fun low key fuckoff "sport" that can either be an excuse to walk around some greens for a few hours and shoot the poo poo, to meticulously hone your form to make marginal improvements, or to just have a reason to get some drinks and drive an electric version of the jumpy-rear end truck from the Halo games.

Unfortunately the barriers to entry (greens fees, complete club sets, atrocious water/land usage) and the people attracted to the clubs that care for courses don't make it accessible or worthwhile in our hellworld.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mango sentinel posted:

There are parts of the country with public courses and Goodwills selling sets of used clubs for nothing. It's possible for golf to be cheap and accessible, but rich people are reclusive assholes.
The Goodwill sets I've seen are usually in the $30-50 range (bag included). It's not a several-hundred dollar set of Titanium Graphite clubs, but that's still pricey. Considering most of the courses I've seen have the caveat that each player needs their own set, it can be daunting to get into. There's also a bit of keepaway due to dress codes and whatnot that newbies can find offputting.

Though you're right, if you're looking hard enough you can find a way to play.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BougieBitch posted:

Creating a different track to success for a certain class of people to prevent them from competing with the children of privilege is the whole point. It's about as likely to lead to long-term success and happiness as dealing drugs and/or becoming a professional rapper, maybe worse. When you say "you should idolize THESE people" to one group and not to another you reinforce the racist power structures that lead to people having no options.
You also have to deal with the friction that is caused when a PoC excels in a sport that isn't "traditionally" seen as being in their milieu, and the threatened dickless shits that go after them for not keeping in their lanes.

See Venus and Serena Williams dealing with bullshit about their physiques or play styles ("why must they grunt and create such a disturbance :monocle:"), Tiger Woods' skill being reduced to "So good for a black person"

You also see this weird narrative spring up were the Parent was sacrificing everything and pushing their kids to succeed at the sport (they would drive 3 hours to the nearest court and the kids had no summers ever starting at age 2), whereas similar regimens in other sports (swimming or gymnastics or ice skating) aren't cast similarly or other athletes just kinda fell into it almost naturally.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Also Quailures, Avocado is the Ancient Mexican word for testicle so really you should know it's about harvesting child testicles to not only create an army of servile eunuchs, but also to ensure that their youth fluids power the evil Chtonic hearts of evil at the DNC.
Obviously child female testicles have the most power.

Isn't a caucus just like an informal grouping of random assholes that just have the same concern?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 4, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ReidRansom posted:

I firmly believe that if chickens were the size of cows, our ancestors would have never come down from the trees.
Perhaps you are not familiar with my line of Far Fantasy/Griefpunk novels G'all-uys Do'u'm: The Ovameister Creation. The chapters on the domestication of WarChicks are truly moving.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Biden thing made a round on the Radio and it was infuriating listening to the morning crew (Frosty Heidi and Frank) go at it. One dude was excusing the gently caress out of it and telling people to get over it. Ok dude, let's see your daughter's middle school Bio teacher Biden her up and see how cool you are about it.
Like gently caress, body autonomy shouldn't be crazy some moon concept.

Throwing Turtles posted:

I'm a guy and I've had to tolerate a couple of bosses who liked to give morale boosting shoulder rubs. I hated it, always tensed up and then had to awkwardly explain why I hated being touched which is a dumb conversation at work, and I always felt like I was the one in the wrong because how hard is it to not loving touch somebody.
Same. My old work environment was very friendly and I'm selective about who I let touch me, which kind of turned into a running gag for a while. It almost always made me feel like a weirdo autist who should just lighten up.

Eventually at a staff lunch it came about again and I just blurted out "how do you know people like that haven't had some kind of trauma or abuse?"

It got reeeeeeeeeal quiet after that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sanguinia posted:

Would Hillary Clinton have established a zero-tolerance family separation policy for every single undocumented immigrant AND legal asylum seekers for the explicit purpose of using fear of permanent loss of your child as a detterent from trying to enter the country, designed the current literal concentration camp system to house those stolen children which includes a lack of record keeping and tracking to enable reunification of those families as FEATURES so that those children could be handed over to religious extremists for abuse and brainwashing, or proposed the complete elimination of the ENTIRE legal asylum system on the grounds that "America is full," while also cutting off all foreign aid to the countries these people are coming from?

Yes or no will do.
I've had friends that basically said "she supported American policies that created those circumstances that the refugees are fleeing so she's just as bad" :kingsley:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Glumslinger posted:

Did I miss this one earlier?

https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1115328270344572928

SO yeah, looks like he is Saturday Night Massacring the leadership of DHS so he can get a specific person named acting chief
So is this a Marbury v Madison thing or does Congress step in and tell him to stop slamming his dick in the door?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I was hoping it would be a case where someone sues him and there's basically an email going "FIRE EVERYONE I WANT GUY ON THE CASE NOW! DIET COKE TOO" because they're too incompetent to cover their bullshit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Krispy Wafer posted:

Republicans should have embraced Latinos. After 2012 their own internal research showed that was their best bet to stay relevant. Instead they went full Trump. Heck, I think Asian immigrants trend even more conservative than Latinos and Trump has done his level best to screw them too.
LOL when you remember that Muslims were largely Republicans before 2001ish...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Drew had some shaky tendencies but used to mostly stick to semi clinical diagnoses. Like "you have an addictive personality and are seeking thrills through your bad relationships now that you're sober."

Modern Drew is all about the attention and being the Adult in the room which means he's over extended to disciplines he has no reason to speak on and it's total poo poo he let Benji ramble on without shutting him the gently caress down.

Teen Mom is probably the least harm he's done in a show. Celeb Rehab was loving atrocious and exactly the kind of thing he would be aghast at were he 90s Drew. Like didn't 3 people from the first two seasons end up dead or super hosed up???

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 9, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Serves her right for loving signing autographs before her court appearance.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So the question now is will they just recreate it or can they resist the urge to add "modern touches" when they rebuild?

Sucks that people won't get to experience seeing that drat place anymore.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Gonna venture a guess and say that they're actually standing for things instead of offering platitudes and the old guard is uncomfortable that they might have to respond to those things.

Like when you get new people at work that Have Ideas and everyone just groans because they're in the workfunk rut.

But hey, man, is she really going to lengths to prove "White feminism aint poo poo for poc"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

EwokEntourage posted:

Jon Stewart helped get W elected and if he was still on tv this thread would be calling him a centrist hack
It really is amazing how watching the pre-2002/3 episodes of Jon Stewart's TDS is like peering into an alternate reality.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

sexpig by night posted:

They probably did more harm to politics than any other media at their time including Fox
Fox news was still a den of vipers and opportunists preying on the fear of a populace whose first brush with vulnerability since loving Pearl Harbor or Vietnam left them mushbrained.

Stewart kind of hosed us by making us think that laughing and being smug Smarter Thans about the administration would somehow break their hold over everything in that era... but at the same time it was his MO as a comedy show to do so. Maybe they could have pushed back harder, had more liberal guests, and had a more diverse cast following 2002ish. The landscape was just dire with shits like Mo Rocca being Colbert Lite and their entire talent roster looking as white as a GOP intern photoshoot.
He shut down Crossfire for the performative political theatre, but no one really was able to get TDS to go "yeah you're a comedy show and it sucks, but you're how people form their opinions. Nut up and be journalists"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I called up a guy and said "hey sorry one of your properties burned down but I know a guy "

Not sorry for the loss of history, culture, art. Sorry you now have one less building.

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Burning_Monk posted:

One day, long long ago, I got to open up the newspaper and read how the leader of our country inserted cigars into his interns hoo ha. The whole report just printed in every major newspaper. They even sold it as a bound book in stores. Not one redaction.

Don't know why I keep thinking about that lately.
Same. But someone invariably goes "Uh yes well Starr was an Independant Council while Mueller is a Special Council..." and then the tears cause me to black out.

FizFashizzle posted:

Also he broke the half plus 7 rule for relationships.

And yet, incels...
That photo should be stickied on every corner of the net where they gather to remind then what failures they be.