Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope Dany survives and ends up ruling with an iron fist backed by dragon fire.

break the wheel lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I believe in the poop ending.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

for real what good are elephants even in a war with dragons? :confused:

Some writer thought elephants was gonna be the funniest line ever or something. So loving bizarre.

Mobile ballista platform!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/04/game-of-thrones-arya-weapon-gendry-dragonglass

quote:

From Dunne’s comments and those schematics, this looks to be a spear-like weapon that can unscrew into being two short-range stabbing weapons as well. Essentially, a double-ended spear that can also act as two daggers. One tip is definitely dragonglass—we can tell that from Arya’s schematics

lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

We can still get the poop ending, you just have to believe! Maybe the peasants will pelt Tyrion with poo!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Poop ending honestly sounds bizarrely plausible from what that link said, did the first ep from that leak match up at all?

e: Like the poo stuff is basically the only absurd element, aside from one MAJOR thing conflicting with other spoilers it all sounds basically on the money for what I expect

Poop ending was from a way earlier leak iirc. I don't know if the spoilers match.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

100% but the show has typically tried to avoid that with aging everyone up lmao

https://twitter.com/HBO_UK/status/1119989670182576128

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lmao Arya's weapon. I guess Arya calling Sansa the smartest person she knows doesn't mean poo poo considering she had to draw a picture of a spear but with the pointy bit on both ends and asked if Gendry could make such a complicated weapon. :downs:

PostNouveau posted:

Then they both go get drunk. Tormund at a fan favorites party where they hold a knighting ceremony for Brienne and everyone claps.

Very disappointed that there wasn't a threeway with Brienne, Jaime and Tormund.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That sounds really stupid so the spoilers are definitely real.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

I think coming to the last season with no expectations at all and making GBS threads on the show was the best course of action to take, because this actually sounds kinda good?

Like I had 0% faith they would have a cross army war and 100% they would instead resort to axing NK first, then moving on to Cersei patiently waiting for them in KL to throw down.

That's because the leaked spoilers would be an insanely stupid move by Cersei. You can either split up your forces to kill your rival or wait in your super defensible position and wait to fight the winner(which was her plan from s7 iirc). Just send some assassins if you really wanted to kill Dany and Jon that badly. gently caress, hire them at the Braavos assassin building.

So she will totally throw away her mercenaries to try and kill Dany and Jon. They would've won if they had some loving elephants...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 22, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aw poo poo :rip: Varys

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ague Proof posted:

Judge for yourself.

:laffo:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

COOL CORN posted:

How he die, I'm not watching til tomorrow

The Night King kills basically everyone and is in the Weirwood about to kill Bran oh no

Then Arya leaps out to stab him but he catches her in midair double oh no

So he drops her dagger but catches it with her other hand and stabs him. yay!

He dies all the zombies die double yay!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

weekly font posted:

That’s a dumb analogy. This is like chapter 6 of the last book. Fuckin weirdo. The amount of internet people baffled by basic story telling is, well, frankly unsurprising.

Ya the Night King dying here is fine. The way he was taken out was dumb

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Its Coke posted:

I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with Arya appearing out of nowhere to murk NK in front of a hundred walkers if there wasn't that scene before where she had a hard time hiding from like three of them in a library full of cover

Look but she managed to sneak up on Jon in the Weirwood in episode 1 so it's clearly foreshadowing and amazing writing

What I'm saying is that Jon is the Night King

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Martman posted:

It's ok, it's just because Arya was full of magical kingsjizz

I hope ep6 cuts to the future where Gendry and Arya's bastard is born but he's got blue eyes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/em1rby4/

Hello. Come back to this post after the episode airs next week.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Friends, search your heart. You know these spoilers to be true because they are insanely stupid.

VanillaGorilla posted:

The Bronn thing at the end gives it away. He's completely missing from the rest of the spoilers, and why the gently caress would Bronn ever even agree to be on a small council.

So he can get a castle! Or so he can be captain of the city guard again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gorn Myson posted:

At this point what actually happens in the finale is completely unimportant because the show already jettisoned the things that made it so engaging in the first four seasons. Its pure spectacle now. It'll be completely nonsense, the dialogue will be terrible and the big moments will probably land flat because the build up is so poor, but it'll also be very dramatic, it'll have something that makes you go "holy poo poo" (for good or bad) and you'll probably get a bunch of amazing shots in there too.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but literally every spoiler I read now I just think "yeah gently caress it, why not, what difference does it make to this big dumb show anymore".

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

COOL CORN posted:

So are we ever gonna find out where the Night King came from? Was the "Night's King" who was Lord Commander ever mentioned in the show? I was hoping we'd get some closure or backstory beyond generic evil bad guy before he blew up.

No

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nail Rat posted:

Literally "a wizard did it"

Ya I just assumed that magic was way more potent and prevalent back then seeing as they could build that giant loving wall.

They probably had hundreds of wizards throwing fireballs and poo poo. Everyone else would get the CotF magic grenades and probably chuck them too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mizaq posted:

They probably had an army stacked with dragons, dragon glass and Valyrian steel. Plus maybe more flame weapons. Also, the NK had thousands of years to hone his battle tactics. Maybe he was trying to solo Westeros back then, overextended himself and drew the Lord of the Light's avatar into battle, then retreated and made lieutenants later on hiding up north licking his wounds.

Or maybe he was actually killed back then and it just takes a really long time for a WW baby to grow up. The new NK has already been born, we saw that in show with the baby that was turned, and it will be several thousands of years before this new one is a real threat. Turns out the lieutenants were just for show (not real WW) and made in the traditional manner, while anyone turned at the rock garden in the heart of winter doesn't go poof when a WW is killed.

Did they have dragons back then in Westeros? I don't think any Valyrians gave a gently caress about Westeros at the time. Dragonstone, if it was even established 4000 years ago, was their westernmost outpost

Like someone said earlier, literally a wizard did it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

They wanted to go with Arya cause it was unexpected.

FINE.

I actually don't have a problem with that.

The problem comes when said victory comes at no sacrifice at all. Everyone who had outlived their character arc died. Everyone who still had an ongoing arc or was too high up on the popularity tables lived.

You start playing the Piano of Doom and you show Tyrion and Sansa surrounded silently agreeing to sudoku. CUT. Brienne, Pod and Jaime pressed against the wall by the zombies. CUT. Tyrion and Sansa actually had a change of heart and escaped from the shopping mall on a helicopter. CUT. Brienne, Pod and Jaime are still getting teabagged. CUT. Tormund is standing on a pile of zombies he singlehandledly killed. CUT. Brienne, Pod and Jaime are still ok guys.

But Brienne, Sam, and Greyworm didn't die. Especially Brienne, she should have been dead as gently caress after getting knighted.

Podrick, Gendry and the Vale commander could also have died for more secondary character death.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

Remind me again, why the heck did Bronn decide to get involved with the whole Dorne plot if by that point he already had a castle and his fat lady?

e: I know the answer is "he was popular" but what instory excuse does Jaime use? Did he promise him a bigger castle?

Yes but I think he also threatened to take his current castle if he didn't go along. It was definitely a dickmove on Jaime's part.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

If there's one character who outlived his arc, it's Bran and he's still alive.

Dude's entire existence is to opposes an apparently unstoppable evil that's been stopped for good by a single stab to the dick. The gently caress does he have left to contribute to the story?

He's the repository of human memories or whatever. He can't die! There must always be a 3 eyed raven to peep on you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Arya is definitely gonna kill the mountain zombie right after he kills the hound.

Kill them both at the same time then make some quip after crossing two names off her list at once.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Parkingtigers posted:

Full episode details:

- Opens with a mass cremation after the Battle of Winterfell. Characters mourn the deaths of their friends.
- Cut to the victory celebration. Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle. Dany looks on with envy. Gendry can't find Arya at the party and goes out to search for her, but Dany meets with him and makes him Lord of Storm's End.
- Jaime praises Brienne and while playing a game... <something I don't understand> they make out and end up having sex.
- Gendry finds Arya and they kiss. Gendry wants to be with Arya, but she tells him she does not want to be with him.
- Dany and Jon talk about his true identity. Dany does not want anyone else to know about it as she will lose her claim to the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion and Jaime meet with Bronn, who has come to assassinate them on Qyburn's orders. Tyrion tells Bronn he will pay double of whoever sent him to not kill anyone. Bronn heads back to King's Landing (?)
- Jon, Arya, Sansa, and Bran talk about Jon's true identity.
- Everyone is separated from Tormund. <something I don't understand> Jon gives him Ghost.
- <something I don't understand about not hurrying to King's landing but going anyway>
- Arya leaves Winterfell <something about The Hound following her?>
- Tyrion talks to Varys about distrust and betrayal (?).
- Dany's army marches on Dragonstone, Missandei and Grey Worm travel by ship. Dany rides her dragon, while Jon is on land.
- On the way Rhaegal is shot with arrows in the chest and neck and falls into the sea. Missandei is captured and taken to King's Landing (?)
- Cersei crams innocent citizens inside the Red Keep to prevent Dany's army from entering. Her reasoning being that Dany would have to kill citizens in order to let her army through, and thus she would never be accepted as a queen by the people of the Seven Kingdoms for committing such an atrocity <according to a leak a crush occurs during this scene and Arya and The Hound are present>.
- Dany leads the army to King's Landing to allow Tyrion to negotiate with Cersei. Cersei orders The Mountain to cut off Missandei's head. Greyworm looks away and Dany's blood runs cold as she watches.
End

I think this is legit. The two vids match, and I've seen a pic (too lazy to rehost) confirming the Jaime thing. Anyway, here you go.

lmao to the bolded part

leaked spoilers are going to be true

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You know what? I can believe it because why the gently caress not.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

clown shoes posted:

quote:

Qyburn is revealed to have his own agenda.
This has me excited. I've felt for a while that they were building to something with Qyburn. I can't wait to see what it is.

zombie Stannis on the throne guarded by zombie Mountain

let's loving do this woooooooooooooooooo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SimonChris posted:

Cersei: "I'm warning you, Dany, if you invade King's Landing, hundreds of civilians will die!"
Stannis steps out from behind the curtains, smirks: "Thousands."
He beheads Cersei with a single swing of his sword.
The Golden Company switches to Stannis, since their contract is with "The Seven Kingdoms, LLC", of which Stannis is now the rightful ruler.

I got these totally real spoilers from my uncle who works at HBO.

Don't forget how Melisandre then appears beside him. Turns out she wasn't dying but that's just how she fast travels.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

romanowski posted:

the stannis thing is 100% fake you guys are out of your minds

before I would have given the show the benefit of the doubt because it would be too stupid to be real

now I doubt any spoilers that aren't stupid enough. and stannis coming back is stupid enough

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Euron one upped him by doing it from a ship with a moving platform plus arcing the shots around the rock he was behind

Not only can Euron curve his shots around rocks, he can also see through them.

He's aimbotting also using a rapid reload hack

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am glad that Cersei continues to be the smartest least dumb character in the show by correctly sitting out the battle of Winterfell and spending that time to get more reinforcements and also building more anti dragon weapons.

What I'm saying is that Cersei would've totally won if this was still GoT s1-4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So It Goes posted:

The option of burning the red keep only should have absolutely been on the table and discussed. It could've been addressed reasonably enough by talking about the lack of succession and unnecessary risks but still. Tyrion and Varys would have to know that Cersei isn't a popular queen and has no actual legitimate claim (or heir) so if she died in the red keep then the city would have no reason to fight Dany and get burned itself.

Agreed and they could have handwaved it away as a bad option with a line about how the fire might spread to the rest of the city or something.

But instead they just look really stupid for not doing it / considering it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cersei should've just killed them all right there. s1-4 GoT would've had them all die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

neutral milf hotel posted:

it's fun how Tyrion ruined the baby news to euron and we didn't even get a reaction shot

https://twitter.com/jnambyy/status/1125226540185333764

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheRat posted:

If you watch the behind the scenes about this episode they actually talk about how Qyburn saw the scorpions used on Drogon in season 7 weren't powerful enough so he went back to the drawing board and made new ones. The ones Euron was using are 65% larger.

Qyburn is the loving man

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fucks given this season: 0

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krinkle posted:

I think it would be very, very funny if arya meets her direwolf, tries to pet her, like there's this moment you think she recognizes her, but no, it's a wolf attack and arya gets her throat ripped out. No moral!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evSxUF8HwmE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tywin died on father's day

Cersei and Dany are going to die on mother's day

It's like poetry it rhymes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Splendid posted:

He burnt his hand fighting a wight in S1

The writers definitely forgot don't care.