Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Terper posted:

Jeralt is so incredibly Greil 2.0 it's amazing, I can't wait for him to die

Yeah, when Byleth is forced to kill him when he chooses church over family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Gamerofthegame posted:

even then it's weird the texture looks so bad

like, apples and oranges here in terms of budget and care but both odyssey and smash look amazing, why does this fire emblem look like a gamecube game

Because the last time IntSys made a console game was for two gamecubes duct taped together

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The only two hair colors they’ve shown off are dark green and light green and it looks like it’s just gonna be a before and after the timeskip deal

e;fb

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 11, 2019

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I think the master classes only show up once you’ve met the requirements for them. It might be that we haven’t seen them all yet

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Just stopping by to say that Lorenz sucks and I hate this dude. He’s gotten two levels so far that were both just luck + res and he gets doubled by everyone while just holding an iron weapon. This guy has got a one way ticket to bench city

Tae posted:

If you haven't already, any non-Golden Deer F!Byleths can recruit Sylvain for free.

You mean non-Blue Lions? Because Sylvain is from that house

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Protip: Hire some Seiros Holy Monks, they have a gambit that gives all units in a radius +5 move :eyepop:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know when the Blacksmith opens up? I’ve got one broken weapon and several more with single digit durability

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Leal posted:

I see you get a skill when you get full points in a class, does this also extend to commoner and noble or should I swap out of those as soon as I hit level 5?

Mastering Noble/Commoner gets you HP +5

Deified Data posted:

I picked Golden Deers, so is there any reason to do stuff like share meals with students from other houses or otherwise worrying about their affection?

The higher Byleth’s support ranks are with another character the easier it is to recruit them

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Harrow posted:

Apparently I am more out of practice at Fire Emblem than I thought and I'm having a slight bit of trouble with the first non-tutorial battle (the Rivalry of the Houses battle). I'm playing Golden Deer--which units did you find were the most useful to bring along for that fight on Hard? I can't seem to decide who'd be the best (small) squad for that.

I brought along Marianne for healing and Leonie and Hilda as frontliners. Thinking back Raphael probably would’ve been a better choice than Hilda

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Deified Data posted:

So pointless for a faction leader then?

Yeah, it’s wasted on the faction leaders and their retainers. So don’t bother with Edelgard, Hubert, Dimitri, Dedue, or Claude

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Something fucky is definitely going on with these weapon tournaments. Occasionally the match will just end and I’ll be declared the loser? I could understand there being a time limit but I can’t figure out what the deciding factor is. It’s not health, because my unit always has more when the match ends early

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know when Manuela becomes available to recruit? I’m in Ch. 5 and still hasn’t even given me the option

Morden, you’re absolutely right about Byleth. It’s just that zero is greater than a negative number so they’re still better than Corrin.

Tae posted:

After two rounds of attacks, if you don't win, you lose.

That’s hosed up

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Is there a Batallion that can prevent counterattacks for a round? I'm not sure if the fight is different on hard mode but he can counterattack from any distance so anyone who attacks him from any range is instadead

That’s a very common Battalion skill, I think it’s called Disturbance? It doesn’t matter anyway because the Death Knight is immune to gambit effects, at least on hard

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Is it worth it to stick it out with the beginner classes for their mastery bonuses, or should you just upgrade to intermediate whenever possible?

The movement arts you get for mastering them are insanely good so I’d recommend getting everyone at least one

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know how the Goddess Tower event works in Ch. 9? I know you have to tell the gatekeep who you fancy but it’s only giving me students as options. Is there no way to take one of the adults instead? I have Shamir’s support as high as it will go at the current point in time but she’s still not selectable

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I’m not super hot on recruiting students from other houses. Between each house* feeling like a such a tight knit unit, having so few deployment slots, and having a bunch of neutral characters to fill in any gaps in your lineup it feels really weird to try and slot in kids from other houses. In fact there’s so many neutral characters that between them and few students I did poach my roster is getting real cluttered. I’m honestly wishing I could send them back at this point. Definitely going to refrain from recruiting other kids in future playthroughs, unless I’m doing some kind of gimmick run

*At least the Deers do, I’m assuming the same is true for the other two houses

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

IcePhoenix posted:

does the difficulty spike after the timeskip?

I really don't want to restart and have to go through the monastery to find all the items that boost professor exp again lol

I can confirm that there is a significant difficulty spike after the timeskip. Say hello to silver weapon toting enemies with 20+ AS

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It’s insanely hosed up that (Deer 15) Judith joins your army, but isn’t playable or romancable

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Miftan posted:

Holy poo poo post time skip BL maps do not gently caress around! Prior to the last pre-timeskip battle I was sleep walking though levels but these last 2 (last before timeskip and first after) are substantially harder than the first half of the game. Might actually need to put some thought into them!

It’s the same way for GD and presumably BE. It evens out later on

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

oh god golden deer chapter 17 looks like it'll be a huge pain in the rear end now that i'm looking at not only enemy edelgard and dimitri with 70 attack and distant counter each, but also a ballista which can stop my mages from doing their thing, petra with 78 avoid and enough AS to double my entire roster, and of course demonic beasts to hinder my advance. i guess it's fitting with the plot that there's only like, 10 faerghus enemies including dimitri, dedue and mercedes, but i'm in for reinforcement hell from the empire, aren't i

Reinforcement hell from the Kingdom, actually. I just did that chapter earlier today and almost got sandwiched between the two sides once they showed up

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Specifically, Leonie/Lindhart paralogue spoilers

The boss is Saint Indech.

Who is Flayn's uncle and Seteth's brother. I'm not sure if we ever find out anything about Saint Mahuitl? But Cethleann/Cichol/Indech are all accounted for.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

claude paralogue spoilers

you fight a feral dragon with macuil's crest, and it's suspected that dragon might have been macuil gone feral, but that's where it drops off

Am I crazy? I’ve only done Claude’s paralogue out of those two and Macuil definitely wasn’t feral and also had the conversation about being Flayn’s uncle if you have her fight him.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So I know non-Byleth characters have their paired ending decided by which A rank they have the most support points with and their top three are displayed on the stat screen, but does it take the other characters on the list into account at all? Like if a character’s number one choice has more support points with someone else, will it move down the list to the next available person?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

PantsBandit posted:

Nope! The only characters from other houses I've taken are Bernadetta and Dorothea, neither of whom would be in the lance tournament anyways.

Are you sure it’s specifically a ‘House vs. House’ tournament? Only every other tournament is that, the other tournaments are listed as competitions against various mercenary groups

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Do beginner classes have any differences between them besides stat growth and the skill you learn from mastering them? Soldiers getting +2 def seems less what I want than more Speed or Strength or Magic, so I'm not sure what to do with all these lance users

The +2 stat skills from the beginner classes are superfluous. The real prize for mastering those classes are the movement abilities and Soldier gets you the best one, Reposition. Just stick ‘em in Soldier

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Zoran posted:

I know you get a B rank cavalry battalion with Stride from Lorenz's paralogue

Hmm? I definitely didn’t get those guys from Lorenz’s paralogue and I’m not sure what optional objective I could’ve missed

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Harrow posted:

Is it weird that I kind of miss the battle map sprites from the 3DS games? I enjoyed moving around the cute little sprite characters, I dunno.

The sprites own and I was honestly hoping there would be an option to use them instead of the models, at least at the most zoomed out camera angle

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Just stopping in to say that Lysithea and Cyril’s A/A+ supports are insanely cute

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Your Computer posted:

Just finished the game on the Edelgard route :toot: Absolutely loved the game and the route I chose, but it's a bit of a shame how quickly it ended. There's so much left unexplored, and it practically ends with a "and then everything was fine the end."

without spoiling anything else (since I look forward to playing the other routes too) I've got a question; do the other routes go more in-depth into the world lore than this route? By which I mean Nemesis' deal, what the dragons even are, who the saints were, and so on. A simple yes/no is all I'm after :shobon:

Yes

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Judge Tesla posted:

I can't imagine having the japanese voices on for the first fully voiced FE.

I don’t think Echoes even had dual audio

Three Houses is the second FE with full voice acting :ssh:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Have you seen Gremory’s class animations?? That class was made for Dorothea

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Blaziken386 posted:

so I just got to The Battle of Gronder Field, Part 2 in Golden Deer, and I have to say, why the gently caress isn't this in all of the routes??? It's such a good callback!!

e: on a related note, warping Felix + a high critical hit sword into a crowd of fortress knights is hilarious. it was like something out of an anime

Is... is it not? I’ve only done the Golden Deer route so far but that chapter not being in every route is mind boggling

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Trying to decide what to do for Ch. 5 of my Eagles run. I’ve been trying to recruit Sylvain (as M!Byleth, because I’m an idiot) but I know he has unique dialogue for this chapter and I really wanna save it for my Lions playthrough. I’ve already got Lysithea, so there’s no one else I want to recruit right now either

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

FrickenMoron posted:

I was really disappointed you dont get anything for keeping Dedue alive in Chapter 20 or so of Golden Deer. Not even any dialogue.

You do get dialogue for it, it’s just from one of the randos hanging out at the monastery instead of any of the named characters. If you missed it he just talks about how Dedue made sure Edelgard’s funeral would have to be closed casket and then hosed off back to Duscur

e;fb

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RBA Starblade posted:

I wish you could have horse duty AND patrol duty but well I want my wyverns so sorry ponies

Yeah it’s kind of crazy you can’t do all three options every week. Like just because Marianne and Leonie are looking after the horses that means Hilda and Raphael are too busy to pull up weeds??

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I think I might make Manuela a pegasus knight this playthrough. She has the stats and skill proficiencies for it and her spell list kind of sucks. Yeah she has Warp but her range is rear end and Bolting is nice but her Reason is bad and I already have Hanneman and Dorothea for siege tomes. It’s a shame, it feels like Manuela would be perfect for dancer but the game forbids it

Mulderman posted:

On my third run after 2 Black Eagles I'm now doing the Blue Lions.

Pretty sure the weakest cast out of the three so far. Sylvain might be the worst piece of trash out there. I thought Sain from FE7 was bad but this guy takes it to a whole new level.

Sain owns, you fool. You’re right about Sylvain though. I recruited him in my current run because I wanted a second cav and he really sucks

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Taear posted:

I think in ideal world the combat arts and the spells would be directly tied to your class rather than specific to the character.
Or at least a mixture of that, so you can still get Diamond Axe on only a few people but everyone can get Smash by becoming a Brigand, that sort of thing.

Combat Arts work exactly like you describe but they’re tied to weapon ranks instead. Everyone does get Smash at D rank axes. All characters get the same art/ability at every weapon rank, with characters who have a skill proficiency (blue arrows) in that weapon type getting a unique art at C+ and A ranks.

Spell lists are the only thing that are completely unique on a per character basis, though there should definitely be equippable tomes that work like the Fire/Miasma/Heal class skills

Mulderman posted:

That's the one thing I really dislike. Having to learn skills like shove and having them take up a slot.
Gone are the days of bashing your dudes all over the map. But then again warp is really powerful and strong this time around, so it kinda evens out.

Due to dance, stride and warp shenanigans I have cleared multiple maps in seconds.

Those days are back in force in this game. You don’t really need more than two different combat arts per map

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know if paralogues scale to your current point in the story? Trying to decide if it’s worth doing Alois and Shamir’s paralogue after I recruit both of them or if I need to do it now before I completely outlevel it

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Taear posted:

That's not true - because not everyone gets Exhaustive blow or Diamond Axe. Yea one or two of the arts are universal but not all of them.
I'm saying I'd rather they were tied to class than to skill ranks and character.

I didn’t say every character got every art, I said everyone gets the same arts/abilities at the same rank as everyone else while characters that specialize in that in that weapon type getting extras at C+ and A ranks. And certain classes do get unique arts when you master them, like Snipers getting exclusive access to Hunter’s Volley.

Also it’s good that every art isn’t universal because it makes the characters more unique

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

hopeandjoy posted:

You can see them on the left side of the stat screen in battle, but you can’t get more info about anything on the left side of the battle stat screen because ???what is ui design??? I guess.

Press X and then move the control stick to the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

DLC Inc posted:

Finally got someone in an opposing house to a B support (Petra) but I suppose I still need to upgrade my piss Riding skills a bit before she joins, since I assume B is the highest support possible + highest that will help me. How much does a B support lower the rest of the Skill requirements?

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/

It seems like we finally have hard numbers on recruitment requirements and how much supports mitigate them.