Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I worked as a night watchman in a factory that was located in a building that had made gun barrels for WWII battleships. The concrete lathe pads for the old machinery were still visible and loving enormous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Dragon lure. There's a guy in a duck blind with a stinger missile just off camera.

:perfect:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Speaking of high voltage Kreosan is doing something really stupid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QWmt3_c_YA

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Icon Of Sin posted:

People are pissed that BASE jumping is illegal in National Parks, forgetting that when they die (and sooner or later, someone does), rangers have to find a way to the corpse to recover what's left. The splat may not have left much, but bears and vultures tend to leave even less :haw:

As for cave diving...I've posted a little bit on the subject here before.

I was a divemaster, with a pile of various cert cards to my name from over a decade in the water, and somewhere around 550 dives (I'm a baby compared to those I used to work with). I will never go into a cave, for reasons illustrated in my quoted post :)

I was a military combat diver and I would never ever do a cave dive. No way no how. My cousin mapped a lot of the cenote channels by Cozemel, and he could never get me to go diving with him.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

U.S. mains plugs are trash, which provides the opportunity to expose the energised blades and do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erq4TO_a3z8&t=218s

The whole thing is pretty OSHA with exposed conductors at mains voltage, and it’s worse in the other demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G8sEYCOv-o

They may be trash, but at least they don't use ring mains.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Sagebrush posted:

Lol who cares. Movies these days literally replace actors' entire bodies and faces with younger, hotter CGI versions as a matter of course. It's trivial to do the same with guns. There is no reason to ever be firing a weapon in the direction of a human on a movie set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj3_R8nwy5Q

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Charlz Guybon posted:

Looks damning. Is there evdience this person has worked on the projects they say they have?

According to his imdb listing, yes.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2989134/

e;fb!

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 23, 2021

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

God drat, that looked fun.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Just in case this isn't irony, nightshade berries, pokeberries, cotoneaster, yew and other berries.

If it's growing wild, you should have done the research to know it's safe before you eat it, and read recent books. Some folk herbs like sassafras tea, which is extremely yummy, turn out to contain slow carcinogens. If you like sassafras tea, you can buy commercial safrole-free sassafras concentrate, but don't make your own from the wild root.

Also Rosary Pea, White Baneberry, Spindle, Chinaberry...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

Oxygen is a probably a narcotic at atmospheric concentration and pressure, via the same mechanisms that cause nitrogen and xenon and all the rest to be narcotic, it’s just not really possible to test it against a control group.

I've done deep water diving and am Exotic Gas qualified. Oxygen at depth is loving evil. It absolutely has narcotic effects. I've used Trimix 10/79/20 O/He/N up to about 100 meters. Deeper than that you start having to worry about hyperoxic issues from pressure and you have to use more extreme mixes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Сам

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Uthor posted:

OSHA: I have many questions about the events and decisions that led to this image.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Eight Legged Freaks remake going pretty good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
In the early 2000s, I owned an unbelievable crappy used Beretta (redundant I know). I was poor and could not afford luxuries like brakes. So, my pads, rotors, and master cylinder all poo poo the bed in about a three-month period. For the next 18 months (including two Wisconsin winters), I drove using downshifting of the craptastic automatic that thing came with, and the e-brake while making sure to press the brake pedal to make sure the brake lights activated when a cop was behind me. Never had a crash...never will try that again.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
As a pedestrian, I have been hit by eight cyclists. I have never been hit by a car.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

There's still plenty of time.

Probably not, I'm a senior citizen now and my bones are extra fragile.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

gently caress that, handlebar-mounted Federal Q2B sirens for all bikes!

If they're on the sidewalks, or running a red light or stop sign when I'm trying to cross the street, sure. Or they could actually obey the traffic laws or something stupid like that and maybe not text and ride (that was the cause twice). I've been hit eight times in the last ten years since I moved to bike-friendly Berkeley, and I've dodged so many others.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

He means a city with busses

Bicycles are great. Berkeley bicyclists, even in a city that has tons of 'Bike Only' lanes and pass-throughs, are poo poo.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

carrionman posted:

Used to do this for a living. Pretty satisfying but the heavy metal poisoning from constantly being exposed to powdered metal from the paint and rusty surfaces even with the pressurized suit is very osha

I had a summer job in college bead blasting the inside of milk tank cars for trains. Hot Wisconsin summer, wearing a hoodie taped down over the respirator, gloves taped to the hoodie and my pant cuffs taped to my boots, squeezing between anti-slosh baffles while dragging my airlines. That loving sucked.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

That is pretty awesome.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Well, that's different.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

kw0134 posted:

"Someone stole my horse, and the stake it was tied to! And the whole drat island that the stake was driven into! You better get on this right away, who knows what else this thief might take in the future!"

Should have chained the island to a 400lb block of concrete.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=910ZV-M7lUo

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

A real autogyro.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

Not with the hatch down.

…unless the driver of the truck didn’t clear the windshield of ice.

You know the answer to that 'Unless...'

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mozi posted:

is that one of those hydroelectric generators i've heard about?

Looks closer to a hydroponic generator.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Empty Sandwich posted:

Angle Grinder Hack

Angle Grinder Hacked Off

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Load Bearing Gang

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Blue Moonlight posted:

Please tell me that Robert isn’t French, as his name would be pronounced “robbair.” It would be too tempting to make the film’s tagline “Where Robert hits the road.”

It is also a telekinetic tire. Rubber is an amazing film.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

GWBBQ posted:

NFPA https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Educati...sprinklers-work

Also, on the sprinkler subject, have the NIST recreation of The Station nightclub fire without sprinklers and what it could have looked like if there were sprinklers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxiOXZ55hbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT1EWVR1iP8

That layer of smoke :yikes:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Where's that bird's fall-harness?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

:stonk:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah, they misspelled Baltimore.

I could picture that happening on North Avenue and everybody just shrugging and ignoring it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Log082 posted:

Big cats really are just, uh, bigger cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tklx3j7kgJY

Look at those murder mittens! :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Pushing the Earth to a new orbit obviously.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

As someone said earlier, in things like department stores, sprinklers exists more as a way to allow people to escape then to stop fires.

And reduce insurance rates!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

gently caress it. I'm out.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

By popular demand posted:

And it would hardly warm up the water anyway.

They're very effective actually. I used one in Ecuador (much much better insulated) and it was like a flash water heater on how well it turned ice water to steam

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

drunkill posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ZdJXroP.mp4

Even my nuts are tightening just watching.

I'm assuming there is some kind of pressurized hydraulic hell just waiting to be unleashed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Azhais posted:

The YouTube video claims they had professional supervision, but I'm not entirely sure which profession covers that

Suicide assistance?