Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AHH F/UGH posted:

We all saw what happened when he tried to fight Uwe Boll so let's just say I'm on the fence

Losing to Uwe Boll was the lowpoint of the second act. For fourteen years he has been in a training montage where he lays on a couch and sucks up hundreds of thousands of dollars while providing nothing to the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
More Accusations
Expensive Cookie Airlift
Bitches Be Crazy

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
When i'm paying $10 per cookie you better believe I'm eating that motherfucker as soon as I get out of the post office

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Space Bat posted:

How does lowtax abuse all these women while confined to the star trek beeping chair?

he gets out of it once he's been given enough money

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Self Quoting to bring up this nice Burt Sexual Probation from the last beg thread where Lowtax was given a $15,000/month patreon because ????

Rectal Death Adept posted:

If i thought it was actually going to the forums I'd probably donate but if i wanted to subsidize a drunk that refuses to work I could just cut most of my family a check.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

Perhaps this isn’t the thread, or forum! For you. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Burt Sexual R. Guyovich

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Real Amethyst posted:

Who else can we get to run SA and not make us look bad?
I don't want SA to close down. I don't want to use reddit. Please I hate it so much over there.

I think literally anyone would be an improvement.

poo poo, nobody running it would be an improvement. As long as the bills are set to auto-pay without an abusive drunk that refuses to get a job raiding it for hearthstone pulls and $100 chili airlifts the forum revenue would build up into a nice stockpile that kept it running at this same terrible state in perpetuity.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

punishedkissinger posted:

what is unique about the code for this forum anyway? smilies? thread ratings?

SA posters are feral children raised by an internet forum. They can't exactly disengage easily.

"What's so special about those wolves that raised you? They're just wolves."
*unintelligible howling*

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

dudes calm down it's just the same exact wacky misunderstanding involving the same exact person for the third time in a row nothing to see here

It's a relief to know it's the same kind of misunderstanding I've experienced in my life.

What I thought was abuse was a simple mistake. They were just stressed out / half asleep / not paying attention / drunk and simply moved their body in such a way as to accidentally exert force on me while shouting angrily about something unrelated to me. I was simply wrong and they are sorry for how i Interpreted things.

Thom12255 posted:

Didn't Logan say she left Lowtax's house? If she actually recanted then it'd be easy for them to prove it by posting a video of both of them together talking about it lol.

I don't think it matters how emphatically she swears it was all a misunderstanding when she was posting "laying on the ground while a grown man looms over me, now in a hotel" and the cops got involved. It's Abuse 101 that the victim is convinced Incident #432 with Woman #4 is another in a long line of serial misunderstandings from an endless line of women who refuse to just listen to the man and understand they aren't being abused.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ManiacClown posted:

If he doesn't want SA/the forums I'll take it/them assuming it's not all in massive debt.

SA as a forum pays for itself a few times over. Lowtax has said this when he was asking for money "B...b...but it takes almost two weeks for the forum to be in the green each month now!!". All of the money goes to supporting Lowtax's lifestyle.

If the forums were "in debt" then the person who hasn't had a job in 20 years and has no other income wouldn't be able to pay hosting for them and they wouldn't exist.

What you would be getting with the SA forums now is a shadow of it's former self, probably burning radium stupid at like $,$$$/month hosting while bringing in like $1,000 a month profit and most parasitic webmasters can't live on $12,000 a year if they want to lease GTRs and buy $100 cookies.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ugh

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

well why not posted:

the forums "needing money to run" is interesting because

203,749 users times $10 is $2,037,490. Plus re-regs, avatars, usertext etc etc etc. A lot of money has come through this forum.

Web hosting can get expensive but a VERY VERY popular site would cost, perhaps, $10k - $50k a year. I'm sure staff have been paid (on occassion) but if managed with any level of competency I don't see how you'd spend $2m on hosting, particularly when it's offset by ads and user purchases.

So wait, the last ten times lowtax has shown up here to ask for money haven't been necessary?

The tens of thousands we threw at him for Xenforo 2.0?!?

The Hundred Thousand Plus he has been given since 2019's "My Spine Hurts Give Me Money" fundraiser??!?!?!

None of this makes any sense

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

raspurtin posted:

I honestly don't believe that anyone on these forums in any way enabled Lowtax to abuse Logan. Abusers abuse people due to problems they have in themselves, not because of money they make from their jobs. Assigning guilt to forums users does no one no good -- Lowtax could lose the forums and the website and end up slinging burgers at Wendy's and still be a domestic abuser, would that be your fault?. The people who watched Weinstein's movies are not guilty of enabling his abuse because they bought a movie ticket. If we had all the information in February and we all defunded the forums back then, he would most likely have still abused his next partner. It's a pattern of his behavior, not a result of our behavior.

I think everyone paying Lowtax, for no reason, so he doesn't have to work is enabling him to do everything he does. We are paying for lawyers to hound women that are hiding in domestic violence shelters.

Lowtax isn't Something Awful and people being incapable of figuring that out and giving him millions of dollars because they like the forum he is associated with has enabled Lowtax to do whatever he wants to do, which is lease expensive cars and beat women.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i take issue with this

This is "beecock" but i played EVE and we had our own beecock. However when i search the depths of the internet for beecock all i find is your beecock and not my beecock.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
where is the goonswarm beecock?!?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cock hero flux posted:

i could never look at wayne gretzky the same way after i realized that he had used his alt account to post about his main accounts exploits in the quotes and sagas thread and so on

i don't know if anyone else ever realized this and i didn't want to diminish a forums legend so i never mentioned it but here at the end of all things, gently caress it, it was kind of a pathetic thing for him to be doing

ball guy went on to inhabit the thread of psychopath star citizen stalkers, where they banned him like 30 times

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Seriously. What the gently caress.

The $300 jeans guy.
ZDR.
And Lowtax with the million dollar house.

What's with these successful scam GoFundMe?

charity steamrig

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i just wanna say the taco bell thread really went in the shitter once the fast food forum happened it was better in gbs

oh gently caress, i haven't crunchwrapped my rear end around a toilet in a few months......

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LibbyM posted:

Haven't really posted much or even lurked much around these parts in a long time, but I'm getting some good laughs at some genuinely dark things out of this thread, reminds me why I used to like this place.

sounds like we need the forum cops to close the thread, gas any replacements that pop up and indiscriminately probate and ban thousands of posters.

if we want to continue the stellar trajectory of the last 10 years that is

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Haiku posted:

No loving way. And people didn't make a stink about this? What the gently caress?

lowtax still has(had?) a strong cult of personality here due to people mistakenly thinking he is Something Awful.

When that image was posted initially during the last domestic abuse saga people responded claiming either that it could possibly hypothetically be fake therefore it was impossible to say it was real or that kiwifarms also had acquired it and they are bad. Therefore don't talk about it because it makes Lowtax (And in their minds Lowtax=Something Awful) look bad.

These were the same people agreeing with Lowtax that his second wife accusing him of assault was a liar, because it makes Lowtax (And in their minds Lowtax=Something Awful) look bad. That real special logical wizard poo poo goons pull where they just decide the outcome they want and convince themselves through elaborate forum posts that's how things are.

It didn't help the mods and admins have been punishing people trying to call him out on this stuff.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Get A Job Lowtax

Maybe when you have to exert yourself for the first time since the Clinton administration you won't have the energy to slap your wives around and then convince them it's their fault. You might also be less likely to harass them with lawyers while they are hiding in battered women shelters if you are the one that has to pay for it.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Windows 98 posted:

Whatever bros I'm out then. Enjoy circle jerking over my posting as if I am even relevant at all in his behavior. I am not who you should be focused on. You are letting your disgust for my bad posting guise where you should be directing your troll posts.

Then don't stumble out to own yourself, yet again, with pictures of private emails between Lowtax and his wife to make everyone focus on you before crying that nobody should be focusing on you

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ogmius815 posted:

Look guys the priority here is getting rid of lowtax. If your priority is putting particular mods or admins heads on pikes, or owning your posting enemies instead of getting rid of lowtax, I don’t know why you’re still here.

Fojar38 posted:

this is goons default programming and pretty much every instance of forum drama is used accordingly, although this is the first time I know of that it was forum-wide rather than confined to QCS or GBS whack-a-mole

Yeah the issue isn't that mods and admins were banning/probating dozens of people for trying to speak about Lowtax's abuse in the past, it's that you think goons shouldn't complain about mods

This ban?

Is from the person who wrote the Forum Announcement. Kinda important context to the overall conversation.

Shut the gently caress up

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CharlesThunder posted:

i am just trying to make sense of this. she recanted. weirdly. but the accusing post was also very strange. I didn't know both of his ex wives also accused him of this poo poo. the recant could easily be lowtax saying "something awful is how we maintain our lifestyle and you're loving it all up because I lost my temper one time, now go on there and apologize or you will be left with nothing"

The thing about that recant, is it sounds extremely familiar to anyone else who has had to rationalize being abused in their lives

"I was crazy, and in a panic and I disturbed and surprised them. I'm at fault."
"They thought I was attacking them and retaliated BUT IT WASN'T RETALIATING because it was an accident!"
"I'm grateful that He calmly and rationally explained to me, the irrational crazy person, what really happened. "

add to that all of the other abuse poo poo, and that line from the first wife's police report where he told the cops he "just wanted to relax with a few drinks after work" and this poo poo is a badly written stereotypical lifetime original movie.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

So it was coerced? drat that video was depressing. Also the MRA response from lowtax, jfc.

He did that last time with his "WHAT ABOUT THE MAN'S OPINION?!?!" posts when news broke that his wife fled to a battered woman's shelter.

The difference is that Burt Sexual and Reene covered for him and punished people for talking about it in the past, but not now.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hmmm actually you’re right let him go broke so his kids die of starvation

Trickle Down Fistonomics

He might be playing gacha phone games, buying $100 cookies, buying porsche and leasing GTRs while hurting women and yelling at his children but at some point, hypothetically, money would make it's way through to the kids. So not much else can be done really if you think about it.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Tyme posted:

I would be really curious to see what the no-poo poo monthly balance sheet for this place is because goons have been essentially paying the dude to do nothing but live in luxury and abuse women for the last 6 months or so

twenty years.

SA used to pull down six figures a month. It's only since about 2012 it has just been paying six figures a year.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cock hero flux posted:

it's completely normal to respond to your girlfriend attempting to rouse you from your chemically induced coma by immediately irish whipping them down a flight of stairs, and she should have known to check the moisture level of his toes to see whether it was safe to awaken him

Truly a struggle we can all identify with. One time my father's toe moisture was off the charts and when i tried to wake him up from a nap he gave me a tornado DDT from the top rope, by accident, and i really only have myself to blame. Thank god he was calm and patient enough to explain to me what happened before powerbombing me through the spanish announcers table because his palms were sweaty and he had just eaten.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

acems posted:

you didnt even get anything on the forums for the patreon whats the loving point

Lowtax has been milking the fact that people equate "Something Awful" with him. The forum they love and the community they think about gets confused with the guy who originally registered the domain.

When Lowtax shows up and says "I NEED MONEY OR ELSE" the community hears "SOMETHING AWFUL NEED MONEY OR ELSE" which led to things like the 2019 fundraiser where goons thought it was their duty to support the forums by donating to the patreon. More money to the patreon means more better for forum.

Everyone is now realizing that the millions of dollars generated by this forum have all been completely wasted by an abusive drunk who has done literally no work and provided nothing to these forums other than requests for more money when his porsche payment makes him feel bad for a $100 cookie airlift expense.

Hopefully that myth is dispelled now. SA could have been upgraded and modernized at any point in the past if anyone other than a giant parasitic leech had ultimate control over the domain. Someone with an actual job who didnt need to subsidize their entire life with forum income could have probably just applied 2-3 months of forum revenue into an upgrade

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cock hero flux posted:

THE ADMINS ARE GOOD, THE ADMINS WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE EVIL LOWTAX

EVEN THOUGH THE ADMINS HAVE BEEN THE TOOLS OF LOWTAX AND WE MAYBE BANNED EVERYONE WHO SAID HE WAS A WIFEBEATER THE LAST TIME HE BEAT HIS WIFE, THAT'S ALL IN THE PAST

NOW WE ARE NOTHING BUT STAUNCH ALLIES OF THE COMMUNITY, YOU NEED US, WITHOUT US NO OFFSITES OR REVIVALS WILL HAVE ANY LEGITIMACY, WE ARE THE TORCHBEARERS OF SA CULTURE AND NOT JUST A HANDFUL OF UNPAID INTERNET JANITORS THAT MOST OF YOU DON'T LIKE

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Renwick Customer posted:

remember the forums are in freefall and you can post whatever you want!

Mods and admins ruined this forum.

Lowtax registered it, the community built itself, then he disappeared to cash checks while a never ending line of posting tyrants took turns driving away tens of thousands of people.

In a twist of fate this is now a good thing because if the forum had been more successful then lowtax would have just been given more money to waste while abusing women.

However, this will kill any offsite as the brokebrains that want to be the new posting tyrants in the new forums are just going to continue this dumbass loving mentality mods gave themselves where they are unquestioned, unaccountable arbiters of thought and opinion that dictate discussion like police that get mad and eliminate you if you criticize any action they decide to take, because of their position giving them ultimate discretion over you.

gently caress off and resign burt, reene and the rest of you trash idiot assholes

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xl7iBRrkk

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

FAU was always a bitchmade loser, a lovely poster, and he repeatedly unperma'd black baby goku because he so badly wanted to be an imp zone cool guy. he used kiwi farms as a 'security risk' reason to ban a lot of posters who were critical of the moderators during the shmorky debacle and afterwards and said anyone who thought the mods were loving up was some type of kiwi farms double agent.

Don't forget closing GBS then flailing around like a bitch idiot banning/permabanning dozens of people who called him out before he claimed it was Lowtax's idea and walked it back

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What's the story with the penis pic

weird dick so what

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Realtalk, Here is the only way forward for the forum. No offsite will work as they are always at one extreme of the forum spectrum. Either a pussy hugbox tumblr like BnR where thought policing is the entire point of it's existence, or extremely comically racist like SomethingSensitive.

1.) depose lowtax somehow?

2.) institute a double jeopardy leper's colony, where i personally decide if a mod action was justified and if not their punishment gets applied to their stupid idiot rear end instead. Not one minute more of this unaccountable crouching rear end in a top hat hidden bitch moderation.

3.) undo all bans and permabans. There has been a decade of stupid petty rear end in a top hat tyrants like FactsAreUseless ruining this site with their stupid petty rear end in a top hat tantrums. We can re-sort out the true shitheads that deserve bans on the second round through, with the double jeopardy system. If AATrek isn't in jail somehow and came back you'd better believe that's a permaban. If Burt Sexual throws yet another tantrum and tries to ban someone for making a funny joke then he is getting thrown to the curb until he quits coming back or stops having crybaby tantrums. Problem solved.

4.) Lower the cost or eliminate the cost of most forum features. Once the giant parasitic leech has been removed from the revenue equation then someone who isn't a gigantic piece of lying poo poo can explain what really happens with money around here. We can keep traditional features like the membership cost or something (maybe at $5) but if we aren't buying Porsche and mansions for useless drunks that refuse to work then we can probably scale back and make the forums a bit more attractive with a free archive, smilies, in-site ads and avatar changes.

5.) Upgrade the forum once #4 is figured out.

Unfortunately since it's impossible to remove Lowtax from this forum this is impossible. He registered a domain 20+ years ago so he deserves millions of dollars from other people's content and thoughts. The only actual way forward is an offsite, which won't work. Even if we don't get a horrible extreme like BnR or SASS then we would just have unaccountable mods/admins ruining the place from the start instead of taking 20 years to kill the momentum this forum's community had with their actions.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Problem is when you go around calling pussies and saying corny stuff like "thought policing" you also sound like a nimrod. IMO all is doomed

and on a good forum you would have every right to whine about what I said and I could say that you are being a pussy too.

You don't have to have a complete lock down on the posted words of other people, trying to chase a posting utopia where no one is ever offended by anything anyone ever says anywhere, to avoid the ultraracist chaos of SomethingSensitive.

This is why Bread and Roses is a joke and it's why I'm mocking it. Goons just have trouble with anything that isn't BLACK or WHITE.

You can roast me for using "Thought Policing" then I can explain that I'm not using it as a wicked Republican takedown of THE LIBERALS or whatever, just that i think the literal definition of the words applies to what happens at bread and roses. Then we can further a conversation on the baggage certain terms have and learn things. Or i guess over there I could be banned from existence.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 26, 2020

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VikingSkull posted:

SA actually hasn't had a balance, it was just tipping towards one particular extreme so slowly that people in most subs wouldn't notice it

the mods and admins have done a terrible job of anything remotely looking like balance, though their incompetence did slow the tip down somewhat

I think this was because the unpaid volunteers simply didn't have enough energy or time to push their agenda to the maximum possible extent.

It's when you got unemployed "Journalists" like FactsAreUseless that the scales tipped too far one way, since he could spend 22 hours a day permabanning people for arguing with him in thirty subforums simultaneously.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

reene with the broken clock kill on nurge

Yeah. Under my Double Jeopardy Leper's Colony system this would be considered a justified kill and no action would be taken. Good job.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yes but what is your metric for that. In my opinion there shouldn't ever be poo poo demeaning trans people or minorities for their identity in any way whatsoever, there were plenty of people on this forum that thought that position was too extreme for them despite just being basic decency or that they could just calmly "debate" the validity of these people's existence.

I don't care about disagreements or people calling each other dumbass morons or making stories about fart poop n poo poo, but there's a difference between offense garbage that is just being obscene (which is meaningless and unimportant) and then offensive garbage that hinges on dehumanizing other human beings.

If you're for the former then I'm cool with it, but if it's the latter then I don't think that poo poo should be given a single inch. There's no middle ground on that, either it's allowed or it isn't, and I wouldn't post in a place that would tolerate it.

This is actually a pretty complex topic that I think B&R gets wrong. I probably will risk a permaban myself with my outrageous opinion on this but ...transgender people are people and people can be assholes.

If you are willing to draw the distinction that a transgender person can be an rear end in a top hat completely unrelated to their sexual/gender identity then we can talk.

No one should be abused, dehumanized, discriminated against or preyed upon in any way. But if someone is doing something, like the sexual predation by B&Rs admin staff members, then their actions are what is important not their identities.

Like, small example here. Someone comes into a thread, is harassing other people or just being extremely hostile in tone and I retaliate against them does it matter if they are a republican or a democrat? straight or gay? trans or cis? When this person tells someone to "gently caress off and commit suicide" instead of engaging with the discussion or posting any worthwhile content if I then tell them to gently caress off and quit being an rear end in a top hat is that only fine if they happen to be straight?

Unfortunately some names I recognize on Bread and Roses thought that because they are transgender they should be shielded from the entire concept of criticism, in any context. You can't say they have bad taste in movies. You can't say they have a wrong opinion on anything. And a forum built around that foundation is hosed from the start even if they get an influx of survivors from a sinking Something Awful. Me saying this does not mean i have any negative opinion toward any transgender person. You don't know my life or my identity either and I don't feel like it's relevant to share.

SA was kind of lightning in a bottle. You aren't really going to be able to replicate any kind of balance like that since it's 2020 and all that's important is identity and being mad as hell and fighting the enemy. Objectivity is extinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LastGoodBoy posted:

What? Lowtax has a history of beating women. Maddox wouldn't be safe around him.

Barudak posted:

Maddox also has a failed movie based on his material

Maddox was also almost the first person to be legally declared a cuck in a court of law.

He sued Dick Masterson for calling him a cuck, and Dick was ready to prove it with evidence.